• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

HiiiLife

People are either straight up dicks in ranked, or garbage players like they need to stick to casual.

So rarely are there people who are laid back, and good at the game at the same time lol.

Edit: midmatch. stuck on indefinite loading screen for almost 2 minutes. Kicked due to "inactivity". Deranked. Lol Ubisoft.

Vorheez

Man I hadn't touched this game in over a month because life was too busy, but when I came back to it a few days ago.... Damn. I forgot how goddamn fun it was, and now I can't stop. It really is my favorite shooter of all time.

I'm obsessing over that Buck hockey mask though...

Yeah, they must have lucked their way into the great core gameplay because I've never seen such an incompetent developer. Seriously. By the way, I'm not being hyperbolic.

TheKeyPit

Banned
I'm cursed. If I look at a spot for a couple of seconds = noone there. As soon as I look away = someone there who kills me.

The opposite happens for my opponents. No matter where they look I always happen to walk right into their field of vision at that moment.

andycapps

I hate Ubisoft for putting Pulse into the game.

----------

I see a lot of people just hipfiring. What do you do?
The only real counter with Pulse is IQ as well as listening for him to use his cardiac sensor and trying to keep some distance between you and where you think he is. Even still, dealing with Pulse is hard.

KodaRuss

Yeah, I'm talking everyone in the room has under 100. My ping typically hovers between 40-60.

Same here, I am always 40-60. Pretty sure it is too my detriment at times.

On a side note I have seen lots of new people playing on PS4 on the random casual games I played yesterday. Almost felt bad killing 4 of them on the same stairwell from behind. I took a picture, Ill have to post it later.

Same here, I am always 40-60. Pretty sure it is too my detriment at times.

On a side note I have seen lots of new people playing on PS4 on the random casual games I played yesterday. Almost felt bad killing 4 of them on the same stairwell from behind. I took a picture, Ill have to post it later.

Yeah, my good connection does feel like a punishment to me at times. Sucks.

Haha, never feel bad for that. Get it whilst you can. I look forward to the picture.

I need to post a clutch round from Favela that happened this weekend.

The only real counter with Pulse is IQ as well as listening for him to use his cardiac sensor and trying to keep some distance between you and where you think he is. Even still, dealing with Pulse is hard.

You can also emp him, but it lasts for a worthless 8 seconds.

His nerf is going to be pretty good. Reduced range to 8m from 13m. And he cant switch back to his weapon as quick. Couple this with shotgun nerf, and he'll be less brazen

Nitro cells are the only real issue left

Way too many operators have it. They need to reduce it to 3-4 + Recruit

2 roamers like Valkyrie and Bandit
2 defenders like Kapkan and Mute

Caviera, Pulse, and Smoke are too many.

Maybe then we can finally see shield operators become great again.

I'm cursed. If I look at a spot for a couple of seconds = noone there. As soon as I look away = someone there who kills me.

The opposite happens for my opponents. No matter where they look I always happen to walk right into their field of vision at that moment.
I feel your pain. It's been happening more frequently for me.

Had great rounds all weekend--ping most 70-100. Didn't have any issues like chalkitdown's, that's INSANE. I don't think I've experienced that kind of shit lag/detection since the first 3 months the game was available. I'm central US (although I guess south central, since my data center is "scus").

Encountered a few TKers, mostly on Friday. Still hope they're banging on a good TK punishment system.

The worst is when you accidentally TK someone, explain how it was an accident, then they TK you next round. Had a round start where someone whose gamertag started with an "H" started team killing. In the merry-go-round panic as he was shooting at all of us, I accidentally killed the wrong guy, whose GT also started with an "H" and was really similar. I immediately apologize, say I was going for the TKer.

No matter. Killed next round.

I didn't realize you could also display your FPS and ping detail in the lower left corner until today.

Yeah, now that we can see our team's loadout, there's something really irksome about seeing your defending team made up of four shotgun/nitro Ops.

I feel your pain. It's been happening more frequently for me.

This JUST happened to me on Favelas. I was going to enter the building from the Yellow rooftop room and had my drone setup in stairwell. I checked it TWICE before hopping in. The moment I vault through the window, here comes Smoke with buckshot to my face.

KodaRuss

I just hope that the shotgun nerf doesnt make Blackbeard even harder to kill. He is a huge pain to kill right now and semi autos are the best way to take him out at the current meta.

KodaRuss

This is true... I think his shield should break easier when shotgunned

I once shot him three times right in the shield with Valkyrie's shotgun point blank and he took barely any damage.

He spun around at the perfect time and me = dead, Blackbeard = 90% health.

Blackbeard is an awesome attacker and I think he is necessary but his shield should have a health limit or something (or a smaller amount of health if it has one at all).

There is no better feeling that hanging upside down outside a window picking off defenders as blackbeard

andycapps

His nerf is going to be pretty good. Reduced range to 8m from 13m. And he cant switch back to his weapon as quick. Couple this with shotgun nerf, and he'll be less brazen

IMO give the defenders as many C4 defenders as the attackers have grenades. Which is what, 2?

I would take Pulse's C4 from him. His ability is good enough. And I say that as someone that is using him almost every round right now because he's so broken.

IMO give the defenders as many C4 defenders as the attackers have grenades. Which is what, 2?

I would take Pulse's C4 from him. His ability is good enough. And I say that as someone that is using him almost every round right now because he's so broken.

And him with the C4 creates those dumb moments where you get blown up from a C4 on the floor you're on/ceiling of the Pulse throwing it. Real dumb.

New map sucks, new ops suck.

Nah git gud.

For real though I really like the new map, the 'exterior shell destruction' is really cool and unexpected but countered well enough with reinforcements. Can't speak for the operators, but I have only been killed by each of their new abilities once and I feel thats pretty fair. Neither seem underpowered particularly nor overly so. As a primary Pulse player before the patch, I can't wait til the nerf. So many weekend warrior Pulsers :p Ubi pls take away C4 from a bunch of defenders.

Fury451

Banned
New map sucks, new ops suck.

I honestly think their roles should be reversed.

Capitao is much better at chokepoint control, which seems like a better defense strategy, and having Caveira be an attacker focused on close quarters and fast takedowns for interrogations would be different for that set.

They're good, they just require a different skill set to use than I am comfortable with.

The map is great though, very tight and claustrophobic- probably only matched in that area by house.

Keihart

Taking it out of Pulse and Smoke would kinda break those operators, the nitro suits well their ability. But Valkyre, Bandit and Kapkan have no business having it, not because they are Op with it but more because it isn't that esential to their playstile i think.

If Valkyrie's shotgun wasn't so godlike i wouldn't really mind her keeping it, is really cool using those cameras and nitro together.

Jb

I really wish they would add a messaging system like in BF or Rocket League where you press a direction on the D-pad and select from a radial menu simple messages like "Sorry about that" or "Tossing a flashbang". A lot of people on console don't use mics and it makes communicating with randos really hard.

TheKeyPit

Banned
I really wish they would add a messaging system like in BF or Rocket League where you press a direction on the D-pad and select from a radial menu simple messages like "Sorry about that" or "Tossing a flashbang". A lot of people on console don't use mics and it makes communicating with randos really hard.

The only communication option is that yellow marker :/

----------

Oh boy: A score of 1:2 for the enemy team. One guy leaves making it a 3 against 4 for the fourth match. We win. It's now 2:2. Another guy leaves right before the match begins. It's 2 against 4 now. How are we supposed to win this?
Someone from the enemy team kills two from his team and the teamkill detection kicks into action; he gets kicked making it a 2 vs 1 for my team. We kill him and bring it home.

xD

LAM09

People don't even use the pointer on consoles, so I doubt these would be of any use.

Auctopus

People don't even use the pointer on consoles, so I doubt these would be of any use.

I think they would if it worked better. If you click it on an enemy you see pass a corridor, your character should quietly say "enemy spotted" or something and the marker should go red (similar to Battlefield). There's no real feedback to the pointer, to the point that I couldn't figure out if the rest of my team could see it for months.

Jb

I think they would if it worked better. If you click it on an enemy you see pass a corridor, your character should quietly say "enemy spotted" or something and the marker should go red (similar to Battlefield). There's no real feedback to the pointer, to the point that I couldn't figure out if the rest of my team could see it for months.

In my experience most people use it when defending to a/ mark a wall to be reinforced or b/ indicate where you think the attackers will breach.

It's just weird that for such a tactical game the devs haven't spent more time on this stuff.
SWAT 4 was 10 years ago...
Swat-4.jpg

Xater

In my experience most people use it when defending to a/ mark a wall to be reinforced or b/ indicate where you think the attackers will breach.

It's just weird that for such a tactical game the devs haven't spent more time on this stuff.
SWAT 4 was 10 years ago...

SWAT also shows how they could have made a fun little single player experience with separate missions that each tell their own little story.

Erban1

I abuse the hell out of the marker on ps4, everyone i play with from here does as well. Its good to mark general whereabouts of an enemy in a room when you're trying to attack alongside a callout. It gets difficult to only verbally provide intel, especially considering the sheer number of angles a teammate could be approaching the same room from. Using the marker is way easier than trying to relay which corner of a room you're discussing when a teammate is looking at the room from a different POV

I use the marker all the time, mostly when my mic isn't working (really need a new headset). It would be nice to be able to distinguish between different marker types. "Enemies pushing" "Heard something" "Need Thermite here" "Disable electronics" etc.

I do worry how unwieldy or abused something like that might be, though. I don't really know anyone who took the BF3/4 commo rose seriously, for example.

CatPee

I honestly think their roles should be reversed.

Capitao is much better at chokepoint control, which seems like a better defense strategy, and having Caveira be an attacker focused on close quarters and fast takedowns for interrogations would be different for that set.

They're good, they just require a different skill set to use than I am comfortable with.

The map is great though, very tight and claustrophobic- probably only matched in that area by house.

Smoke already fills that role for defense. Attackers have also never had any effective chokepoint control and Cap fills it perfectly with the small but lethal bolt. Attackers can now block roamers from entering the objective room, place an AoE denial on a defuser, quickly kill defenders tucked in corners behind shields, etc. If Caveira were an attacker, she would never be able to interrogate since many defenders are typically close to each other, which also makes them rather pointless anyway.

Top Bottom