• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

Caveira as an Attacker would be too OP, too. As it is, it's a kinda-fun way of briefly turning the tables. Still not sure how I feel about it, TBH.

LAM09

I abuse the hell out of the marker on ps4, everyone i play with from here does as well. Its good to mark general whereabouts of an enemy in a room when you're trying to attack alongside a callout. It gets difficult to only verbally provide intel, especially considering the sheer number of angles a teammate could be approaching the same room from. Using the marker is way easier than trying to relay which corner of a room you're discussing when a teammate is looking at the room from a different POV

I wish I encountered more people like you on PS4, then. I use a mic and constantly tell people to use the pointer when needed and they never do.

Edit: New ops available on PS4 now.

Pegasus Actual

Gold Member
Had lots of fun games last night with my friends on Xbox working up through Gold.

Then I queued solo on the PC version for a couple of hours to try to climb through Silver.... and what a disaster. Every game team kill, quitters, or hackers. I had a guy on my team going nonstop with over the top trash talk, racist, homophobic, profane, whatever but hey at least he wasn't hacking or team killing. Of course that baited lots of team killing at which point I didn't really care as watching everyone else get mad was kind of funny once I was over it.

But wtf two anti-cheats and I'm getting hackers in freakin' SILVER? C'mon.

KodaRuss

So I played a few games last night as IQ (to track down OP Pulse) and damn I forgot how badass her AUG is. I hope they give her another buff because damn I would love to use that weapon all the time.

KodaRuss

Mount IQs gadget on the side of her Aug like MW2 heartbeat style.

The only answer to counter pulse.

God damn, dont tease me...

Alright this is what happens when you play low levels on casual. Killed 3 stacked up on the stairs and the fourth one decided he was going to run up the stairs as well to join them in their demise.

FOedRmC.jpg

Also found this one on my Imgur account. Yes, that is how Sledge's body stayed after he died. He stayed there with 30-45secs left to go in that match.

rALes87.jpg

Played with a dumb fuck.

Got triple c4. Downed ash and started interrogation, only for some asshole to steal my kill,giggle, and apologize

Get killed killed by BB who slowly kills us all. We lose

Could have possibly been my best gameplay with a full squad Wipeout

Thatd be too OP IMO. I think the Pulse nerf will help a lot

I just shot pulse through a wall, got him down to 20 HP with my pistol, only for him to instantly put down his sensor and shotgun me to death.

Cant wait for his nerf.

HiiiLife

Thatd be too OP IMO. I think the Pulse nerf will help a lot

I just shot pulse through a wall, got him down to 20 HP with my pistol, only for him to instantly put down his sensor and shotgun me to death.

Cant wait for his nerf.

I feel Pulse needs a hard counter and IQ is the closest. And she still isn't good enough. Lol.

Being able to see one player as opposed to Pulse seeing five (along with the godly M10 + C4) can't be that OP if it's actually patched in...can it?

I feel Pulse needs a hard counter and IQ is the closest. And she still isn't good enough. Lol.

Being able to see one player as opposed to Pulse seeing five (along with the godly M10 + C4) can't be that OP if it's actually patched in...can it?

I think the problem is that IQ would win almost always

Since he won't be able to switch over as fast anymore, and since his range and shotgun will be nerfed, IQ is fine

Keep in mind iq can see pulse from 20 meters, while pulse will only be able to see 9

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything

I've mentioned this, it could be mounted like a canted iron sight... and give her smokes instead of bangs.

HiiiLife

I think the problem is that IQ would win almost always

Since he won't be able to switch over as fast anymore, and since his range and shotgun will be nerfed, IQ is fine

Keep in mind iq can see pulse from 20 meters, while pulse will only be able to see 9

Idk. maybe semi autos in this game has made me jaded. More often times than not I've been on the unlucky (BS) side of the Spas12/M10 where I've clearly had the drop and shots fired center mass with my ARs. Still lost the firefight. From a distance too, mind you. Lol.

Its just shitty playing against Pulse users. But hey. It is what it is. Patch this shit Ubi.

Make the PUMP ACTIONS useful for once.

Buraindo

Hope they fix the Thermite bug ASAP. Just had a game where both charges didn't destroy the reinforced walls. Can't say it was fun.

Hope they fix the Thermite bug ASAP. Just had a game where both charges didn't destroy the reinforced walls. Can't say it was fun.

It's so annoying how old problems come back up. I dont even know if it will be fixed for the august patch.

Had a game go 4-4, and we lost because of that bug

Ivan 3414

Just ran into two separate cheaters in separate matches on Xbox One. One slipped through a wall in House toward the right at the end of the basement entry stairs, and another was walking on air in House killing people on the second floor. Really fucking frustrating. Reported both their asses, but one only through Microsoft's system, since I wasn't sure who killed me when it happened and was still in a game, so I recorded it to be safe. Ubisoft made the great decision of not including a recent players list in their game.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
That's fantastic. Well deserved.

Unrelated: BattleEye bans start today.

Per reddit, this is all from just two rounds:

e9cwuyp2rlex.jpg

I ran a single match a few hours ago, and caught maybe 35 BattlEye ban messages. It gave me a little bit of hope for the stability of the community, but it also frightened me to think that we're dealing with such a large volume of cheaters to begin with.

One of them was someone I remember fighting against the other night. I thought they looked a little fishy, but it was hard to spot for certain on the killcams. That felt good.

Gaz_RB

This game is so good. I come back to this game every once in a while and it always blows me away to see how fun it stays. Glad they're hitting new peak numbers even this far after release. They've done a great job with Siege, and I look forward to sticking around and seeing how it continues to unfold.

Pegasus Actual

Gold Member
The global ban messages are stupid. Pure spam. By all means name and shame them but put a list somewhere. I get all the drawbacks of spam without any way of knowing if the cheaters I've personally run across got their bans.

Jarrod38

Still which we had a better final kill cam. I threaded a grenade through a tiny hole on Yacht and would have like to see the other guys body fly.

TheKeyPit

Banned
I'm slowly getting my 25000 renown. Which operator should I get? Which one could fit my playstyle? I'm mostly using Glaz, Thermite, Ash, Sledge, Montagne and Kapkan, Mute, Rook, Doc. I was thinking Caveira, Blackbeard, Valkyrie or Frost.

Edit: I watched some operator guides and I'll probably get Blackbeard first and Valkyrie afterwards. Blackbeard can be a nice scout by looking through windows/doors "safely" with his shield and Valkyrie can provide good intel with her cameras.

I think that I regret not buying the gold edition for additional 15€ last week. That edition has the season pass, right?

I'm slowly getting my 25000 renown. Which operator should I get? Which one could fit my playstyle? I'm mostly using Glaz, Thermite, Ash, Sledge, Montagne and Kapkan, Mute, Rook, Doc. I was thinking Caveira, Blackbeard, Valkyrie or Frost.

Edit: I watched some operator guides and I'll probably get Blackbeard first and Valkyrie afterwards. Blackbeard can be a nice scout by looking through windows/doors "safely" with his shield and Valkyrie can provide good intel with her cameras.

I think that I regret not buying the gold edition for additional 15€ last week. That edition has the season pass, right?

Yes it does.

I agree with your choices based on your play style. Out of the above I vote Frost third. Very satisfying hearing your Bear traps go off but it's certainly more situational.

Phear

So.. how's the game guys? I need a new Multiplayer Fix and saw this is only 20 bucks in the EU summer sale. How are the servers? Looking at it, everything seems to hit the right spots for me. Please tell me about the downsides.

Xater

Yeah, I didn't want to spend as much on the game, but I regret it as well.

TheKeyPit

Banned
I bought 600 Rainbow Credits and purchased Blackbeard with those. Next up with the 25000 renown is Valkyrie.

-------

How about a game mode where every map is the night variant and the attacker team needs to secure the objective, but there is a secondary objective which is a generator that powers all the lights. If you get to that you can turn the power off and every player will be equiped with night-vision and you'll have to fight in the darkness. Hmmm. This just crossed my mind while I was making something to eat, lol.

KodaRuss

So.. how's the game guys? I need a new Multiplayer Fix and saw this is only 20 bucks in the EU summer sale. How are the servers? Looking at it, everything seems to hit the right spots for me. Please tell me about the downsides.

Best Multiplayer this gen. You will be starting at a good time as well with the new season just beginning. Lap/connection issues seem to be fairly minor, occasional blips and some slow connection speeds from other players can be frustrating at times but it isnt bad at all.

I bought 600 Rainbow Credits and purchased Blackbeard with those. Next up with the 25000 renown is Valkyrie.

-------

How about a game mode where every map is the night variant and the attacker team needs to secure the objective, but there is a secondary objective which is a generator that powers all the lights. If you get to that you can turn the power off and every player will be equiped with night-vision and you'll have to fight in the darkness. Hmmm. This just crossed my mind while I was making something to eat, lol.

Blackbeard was probably a good choice. Valkrye is about to see a nerf heading her way and Blackbeard is just a great attacker. Hang upside down out a window of the objective and just start blasting up the room.

It's so weird to me to see so many praising the devs of this game. Whenever they update they always break something very fundamental. Such as the glitch where Thermite charges don't destroy a wall. Then, it takes them a month to patch anything(I know it takes time but other devs seem to patch much more frequently). How are they doing a great job? Serious question.

Phear

Best Multiplayer this gen. You will be starting at a good time as well with the new season just beginning. Lap/connection issues seem to be fairly minor, occasional blips and some slow connection speeds from other players can be frustrating at times but it isnt bad at all.

Thank you very much. Download started :)

KodaRuss

It's so weird to me to see so many praising the devs of this game. Whenever they update they always break something very fundamental. Such as the glitch where Thermite charges don't destroy a wall. Then, it takes them a month to patch anything(I know it takes time but other devs seem to patch much more frequently). How are they doing a great job? Serious question.

How many times have you seen the thermite glitch? I have seen it once or twice so far? If it was extremely widespread I think it would be all over the subreddit but I havent seen it much at all on there.

Obviously they created a pretty good game if they maintained and increased their player base since launch which was 8 months ago. While going up against the likes of Overwatch and many other MP shooters. This is the longest that I have ever played a strictly MP game by far.

The three DLC patches have all been strong and added good/great operators and two solid maps and one ok/bad map (Yacht).

I didn't experience the Thermite glitch once playing this past weekend. Maybe played for 6-7 hours total, often as Thermite when attacking.

I did experience the glitch where they shot my Thermite charge through the reinforced wall, though.

Also, Ubi releases, on average, 3 patches between the major seasonal patches/content drops.

How many times have you seen the thermite glitch? I have seen it once or twice so far? If it was extremely widespread I think it would be all over the subreddit but I havent seen it much at all on there.

Obviously they created a pretty good game if they maintained and increased their player base since launch which was 8 months ago. While going up against the likes of Overwatch and many other MP shooters. This is the longest that I have ever played a strictly MP game by far.

The three DLC patches have all been strong and added good/great operators and two solid maps and one ok/bad map (Yacht).

I'm not even kidding, easily 80% of the matches I've been in where we have a Thermite.

I'm always playing with other GAF friends that can confirm. It's a problem.

I've had it happen at least once a match (not round) that last few times I've played.

I did experience the glitch where they shot my Thermite charge through the reinforced wall, though.

Yeah, that's very frustrating and needs to be fixed asap

Top Bottom