• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
Okay, so I bought the gold edition with the season pass, but I've no friends who play R6 anymore. People from Europe or who play during GMT nights/afternoons are more then welcome to add me PSN: eagel

Elitist1945

Damn some people are insanely good at controlling recoil. They'll shoot me through the tiniest crack/hole and get a good burst of shots in me.

For me , problems aside (such as shotguns having the range of SMG's and being able to kill from a good 30m) this is the best multiplayer game of the generation.

Sure sometimes you feel screwed over when you're certain you've shot someone and yet they've killed you, but most of the time (shotguns aside) the game is tense and thrilling.

Being the last guy and taking out 3 or 4 defenders to win is incredible.

It brings back all the great memories from hardcore S&D on CoD4 too.

The sound is also some of the best I've heard ; and very important to tactics. The foley is beautiful.

moai

I love how in favela at night you can see the shadows of enemy players on walls and catch them by surprise.

TheKeyPit

Banned
That moment when you know that an enemy will come around the corner and you're already aiming for that spot where his head might be(most of the time at crouch height). Those kills feel so easy, but they're satisfying.

HiiiLife

Xbox is full of sore losers. I played to level 60 on ps4 and never once got spammed with hate mail. Half the amount of time on Xbox and I've had to block so many people lol.

Edit: what the fuck is with these crashes every time I play ranked. No Ubi I don't wanna play casual fuck you

Kalentan

win 2 matches in a row, first one gets me to Silver II, then second one makes me near Silver III.

Lose one match and I'm in Silver I again. Fuck you too, game.

Pegasus Actual

Gold Member
I agree with you on the broken record. Sorry. I just feel some act like everything is fine. I'll stop commenting.
No prob, I get that the shit can get frustrating. I've run into the Hereford floating thing only once. I've seen the Thermite thing happening a bit lately, but definitely not as much as you. I think there's a good chance that stuff will be cleaned up a bit in a patch in the next couple of weeks.

The game is definitely in a better state than when I first started playing (which was well after launch). People aren't glitching into the van on Consulate anymore. The stick input doesn't stutter anymore (though that new bug where it pulls your aim up towards center for no reason is pretty annoying). I haven't seen anybody clipping through walls since the last patch. Matchmaking works better.

It's been better than the other Clancy game, The Division, IMO. That game seemingly never fixed anything that was bothering me until I just gave up.

Xbox is full of sore losers. I played to level 60 on ps4 and never once got spammed with hate mail. Half the amount of time on Xbox and I've had to block so many people lol.
I don't know, I think PC is worse. That easy access chat button that lets you conveniently harass the other team. I love Xbox hate mail. You can bait them a bit, and as soon as they cross a line you can report them to harassment, and they WILL get a 24 hour communication ban once Microsoft gets to it.

Kalentan

This game can go from being so good to being such a piece of shit in an instant. When you get the jump on someone and put a clip in them only for them to turn around and instantly kill you. Or how ranked seems fucked and rather than using some form of MMR to determine how much you gain or lose, it just rolls a dice to determine how much you gain or lose.

Fuck.

DQDQDQ

Saw something similar on House on Xbox One.

Report them with the in game feature and the console report system.

I definitely reported that person, despite my zero confidence that reporting does anything at all on console. My post was more interested if this is something that can be replicated and something I need to be on the lookout for like the vans at Kanal and Consulate. First time I've seen anybody flying around the map.

Just played a game with a guy playing with the enemy team. Of course there was no way to kick him. Always lovely. I got a video and I will post it later. So dumb. This game has the worst community of all time.

Keihart

Well, maybe I was a bit hasty. I did watch one of them in the next phase and they didn't escape. However 3 of them are all waiting just outside a broken door to run out and shoot.

Yeah, this is a valid tactic as of now, but as an attacker you can punish them hard too. Spawn close to cover and take your time. Attackers always have the advantage at a distance, as an attacker you'll get punished by aggresive defenders if you rush in the building tho.

TheKeyPit

Banned
I love this game:

screenshot-original19wts3j.png

Edit: This video shows what's wrong with the community:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AC8VoY7h5Z8

Keihart

I hate griefing in any multiplayer game, i usually just leave or cope with it, but i too wish that every MP game had only good intentionate and willing people to play the game with.

Also i would like to say that we, the everyone playing the game, are the comunity. So every time you get team killed and respond with more teamkill, remember, you are also part of the problem.

TheKeyPit

Banned
I hate griefing in any multiplayer game, i usually just leave or cope with it, but i too wish that every MP game had only good intentionate and willing people to play the game with.

Also i would like to say that we, the everyone playing the game, are the comunity. So every time you get team killed and respond with more teamkill, remember, you are also part of the problem.

100% correct.

------------

Looking at my stats on https://r6stats.com/stats/xone/TheKeyPit/operators I should only continue playing as Rook, Glaz, Mute, Kapkan, Blackbeard and Valkyrie.

------------

That moment when your spider sense kicks in: http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/TheKeyPit/video/20553630

While I was aiming at the stairs I was looking at both rooms on the side. Should've paid more attention to those rooms, so that moment wouldn't have happened in the first place.

+ I killed the remaining enemies on my own with 4 HP left at the end of the round. My heart was pumping like crazy.

Enemy team did one huge mistake. They were searching for me instead of just waiting for me to come. The defending team has all the time in the world.

------------

Drone intel is very important: http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/TheKeyPit/video/20553755
That corner got me. Didn't expect it to be there, which can be seen where I make my first horrible shot.

KodaRuss

Lose a match. -80.

Win a 4 v 5 because our team had an afker?

+34.

giphy.gif

Remember, ranking system is still in Beta. lol

I think that if you are the last one left and someone on your team says Clutch or kick and you pull it off. You are allowed to either TK him, pick his operator for him (Tachanka of course) or he has to rush the spawn point of the attackers/rush the objective room w/ Sledge.

I had a pretty good one on Favela Saturday night as well as a few others.

Pulse needs a redesign not so much a nerf

Literally seeing players through walls was a strange design choice. Let pulse have strong range but make him work through sound. Let him hear the heartbeats which become louder based on proximity and where the crosshair is pointed.

That way its kind of a buff in that he can know the location of others easier with strong range, but a nerf in that he can't literally know their exact position.

HiiiLife

I feel like anybody with a average headset can do just that, tho. I've played with 10 dollar skull candies and managed to hear at surprising distances. Shuffling, leaning, even crawling. The sound in this game is already advantageous if you're really paying attention.

KodaRuss

Pulse needs a redesign not so much a nerf

Literally seeing players through walls was a strange design choice. Let pulse have strong range but make him work through sound. Let him hear the heartbeats which become louder based on proximity and where the crosshair is pointed.

That way its kind of a buff in that he can know the location of others easier with strong range, but a nerf in that he can't literally know their exact position.

I feel like anybody with a average headset can do just that, tho. I've played with 10 dollar skull candies and managed to hear at surprising distances. Shuffling, leaning, even crawling. The sound in this game is already advantageous if you're really paying attention.

I feel dirty playing as him on small maps such as plane or hereford base. You can figure out where everyone is pretty dang easily. I had 4 easy kills and wrecked the other team using the scanner on a plane match the other day.

The fact that he has one of the three best shotguns in the game doesnt help either.

well the difference here is even if they are lying completely prone pulse would pick them up, and it would be strong enough to know which room people are in, just not so great that you can literally shoot through walls into people

Xater

Decided to plays ranked again and boy was that a mistake. Game was stuck during loading between rounds and everyone got kicked for inactivity. Of course this means everyone now also has the renown penalty. Amazing.

Gaz_RB

It was just on sale for 20€.

Haha I made the OT and bought the game at launch, I'm just kidding.

While I don't think it should anytime soon, I think Ubisoft is positioning siege for F2P within the next two-three years, or at least a F2P option. The heroes, the skins, the hats, etc. all point to it, but obviously it needs to be a few years out. Although, with the numbers they've been hitting with player count, I wonder if F2P is even needed. As long as they keep up the updates, I can see it going either way.

Fury451

Banned
You guys think this will ever go F2P?

They have regular sales good support and a strong player base so I doubt they need to go F2P.

Didn't they have some discount version on PC though that was like an intro model? Like you pay for the base game and two operators, then you either have to buy or unlock the rest with renown?

Did they reduce the intermission time between rounds and matches since the first 3 months that the game was out? That kinda kept me from playing more than 2/3 rounds at a time.

Did they reduce the intermission time between rounds and matches since the first 3 months that the game was out? That kinda kept me from playing more than 2/3 rounds at a time.

You will have the occasional slow matchmaking, but for the most part, matchmaking/finding matches is MUCH better than it was the first three months.

HiiiLife

I've came to the conclusion that picking a recruit or Thermie w/ M10 combo is the only way I can counter Pulse players. I've managed to win a decent amount of firefights using the same shotgun against the defenders.

KodaRuss

I've came to the conclusion that picking a recruit or Thermie w/ M10 combo is the only way I can counter Pulse players. I've managed to win a decent amount of firefights using the same shotgun against the defenders.

IQ is your best and only friend in that regard besides the fighting fire with fire tactic that you have adopted.

HiiiLife

IQ is your best and only friend in that regard besides the fighting fire with fire tactic that you have adopted.

Hafd a funny 1v1 SECURE AREA against an IQ (I was Pulse). Upstairs on Oregon. Spent like 60 seconds in overtime mode because we were both contesting it from opposing hallways, using our sensors, waiting for the other to come out. She honestly should've won because she had the distance on me. But you know how this game is and semi automatic shotguns.

Top Bottom