• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

OG Kush

The new map looks really small :/

I wish they would release more than 1 map at time. Sure you can say they're really detailed etc so takes a lot of time, but it really doesn't seem that way when you play favelas. Sure it looks nice visually but doesn't seem like they play tested it much.

dOjaQTw.jpg

It looks like he is reluctantly handing his quadcopter over to mommy.

Archpath1

Wonder if they will be adding other factions ,
or just adding to those that already exist.
If it will be sets of two again or just one additional.

thenexus6

I really hope Terrorist Hunt gets some love next season. While I enjoy playing it (although 30FPS is super jarring coming from PVP) but it never hooked me like Vegas 1 or 2 did.

I miss the back to cover third person camera too like Deus Ex.

82180rainbowscreenfull6.jpg

I really hope Terrorist Hunt gets some love next season. While I enjoy playing it (although 30FPS is super jarring coming from PVP) but it never hooked me like Vegas 1 or 2 did.

I'd play it more if you could actually choose what mode and map you want to play in a more intuitive way. Just let one person choose the fucking mode and map like every other modern game. Making everyone go into their own options to tick/untick what they do and don't want showing up is some backwards-ass fucking horseshit. And if you have randoms on your team none of those options matter unless all 5 in the squad have the exact same settings. It's absolute nonsense.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Me too.Tired of the terror hunt challenges.I wish they make improvements to that mode but i doubt it.

For our first look at what the season brings, we’re going to be introducing caliber-based destruction for all weapons. Up until the launch of Season 4, every bullet has created the same size hole. The impact zone and fragility sphere are now weapon-specific, which means stronger calibers will create bigger bullet holes and generate larger impulses. This will create an even more realistic experience with the destructibility of the environment.

There is something we also want to address. We know that accurate hit registration is a priority in the community, and we want to assure you that it is a priority on the Dev team. When we are addressing hit registration, we are really looking at a number of things: latency, kill cam replication, and the actual server-side registration of hits. Here is what we’re working on regarding fixes in these areas coming in Season 4.

We will be introducing better ping reporting to help us understand what the variables are when a player experiences a frustrating moment. Regarding network and latency, we fixed an issue relating to network compression that was causing some inaccuracies in hit registration. This should help in certain situations. We also found and resolved a movement issue related to stances that would create a misalignment in the head placement when registering a hit. We are continuing to monitor and address hit registration very closely, and will be something we will never stop trying to improve.

There is a lot more content and fixes that Season 4 will be introducing, with the full patch notes being released prior to Season 4 Launch.

http://rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-US/news/detail.aspx?c=tcm:152-273411-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

???

Tangeroo

After nearly a year I'm finally gonna jump in. I've got the choice, PS4 or PC?

I've got both and I vastly prefer it on PC despite the fact that I'm generally better at shooters on console. Far less toxic community and with any headshot resulting in a kill, it's more intense (imo).

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
To learn more about the development of this unique map, we asked R6 Art Director Gregory Fromenteau a few questions. He started with the story that inspired the map: “You are mobilized to neutralize an organized crime threat within a Yakuza-filled mansion high above the streets of Nagoya,” Fromenteau explained. “There is a faction within the Higasiyama-gumi that rebels against their leader, which triggers terrible violence.”

As for the Art Direction, “We played with various opposites while designing this map. For instance we mixed beauty with bloodshed, serenity with vertigo, and art with destruction. The goal was to trigger a sense of vertigo, no matter where you stood in the map.”

Fromenteau acknowledged drawing inspiration from classic Japanese filmmakers to give depth to the map. “It was an opportunity to revisit traditional Japanese architecture, mixing it with modern ventilation units, pipes, and the helipad also inhabiting this space. It was our way to create a dynamic map that would celebrate Japan from past to present.”

The daytime ambiance is very early on a foggy day, just before sunrise. The horizon is filled with heavy hues of red. For nighttime, Fromenteau picked an ambiance that would clash with the spiritual haze of the morning, having bright neon lights polluting the busy skyline.

http://rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-US/news/detail.aspx?c=tcm:152-273264-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32

jmizzal

Alright i'm getting the season pass lol

What I would love if they gave us next year is the option to create a character, it would be similar to Recruit, but you name your character select face hair then pick which Unit and a uniform for them. After that you can select your loadout. 2 main guns or (shield), 1 side arm, 2 gadgets. Then you can select a special from 3 choices - Attack and 3 choices Defense, I think that would be pretty cool.

After nearly a year I'm finally gonna jump in. I've got the choice, PS4 or PC?

I own it on Xbox and PC (so I can play with my Xbox friends). The game feels soooo much better on PC in my opinion. Aiming is tighter because of the mouse and controls in general feel better. In a competitive game like this, controls come first IMO. It would be like trying to play Counter-Strike on a console. It works, and some people may prefer it. I really do not like it though.

It does feel like there are more people with mics on PC than console, but I also spend much more time on PC so I may be wrong.

Previously, the only big downside to PC was that there were hackers but BattlEye has done a great job and they're constantly updating it if new hacks pop up. What's funny is that all of the ban notifications are global and show up in the corner of the screen, so when there's a ban wave you'll see all of the notifications pop up for people being banned which feels good.

Regardless, every platform has a good player base and they are both great options. You'll have good games and find matches quickly.

Detox

Going to agree with the controls point. It's a shame the pro competition is officially on Xbox, the pc players just play on a completely different level and the game is more fun to watch due to it.

You can also see it reflected by the fact that the most popular streamers of the game play on pc.

OG Kush

Yeah if I have the choice, always get if on PC. Controls are better. Also at least you can type. Why don't they allow USB keyboard for typing on console games I'll never know?!

One thing I do have to say is that playing in the ps4 is the nice change of pace. When I watch people play on pc it's way more faster paced, due to the accuracy of mouses and in this game headshots are everything. On ps4 people aren't pulling off headshots as fast and can't do them quick 180 turns. In that way I kind of like it on ps4. One on one's tend to not be over as fast as on PC.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Why is this game currently broken on PS4? For the past two days, every time I boot up the game the servers are unavailable from the get go. Then I have to wait about 2 or 3 minutes until it finally connects. After that, I try finding a match and it takes ages. My friends are experiencing the same problems.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
5MOcNmh.gif

"Turn the unexpected into a weapon."

In Operation Red Crow, two S.A.T. Operators join Team Rainbow to neutralize the threat residing in our new free map, "Skyscraper". Officially classified until 1996, Japan’s Special Assault Team (S.A.T.) is comprised of small highly trained teams spread throughout Japan.

Yumiko Imagawa is a Nagoya native who joined the National Police Academy when she was 18 years old. Shortly after, she was recruited by the Aichi Prefectural Police Department Special Unit. Due to her explosive leadership skills on the field, she gained the nickname Hibana, which means “Spark”.

Before we reveal the Operators’ unique ability during the livestream, we asked R6 Scriptwriter Farah Daoud-Brixi to give us a look behind the scenes. Daoud-Brixi mentioned that as “the first female Attacker Post-Launch, we wished to create an Operator that would create fresh tactical opportunities. The versatility she offers on the field will allow for more diverse team compositions. It was this unique aspect that we found interesting both in terms of game mechanics and characterization.”

An element that is specific to S.A.T. is their close relationships with international counter-terrorist units. Daoud-Brixi implied that this attribute would be seen in game. “It was important for us to reflect how it’s a small world for those operating at this level. Hibana is no exception, having collaborated with a well-known FBI SWAT Operator on the classified X-KAIROS project.”

Another key asset for S.A.T. is their proficiency for Close Quarter Battle. To embody this expertise, Hibana will be equipped with the SuperNova and Type-89 as primary weapons, and the PM9 and P229 as secondary weapons. These firearms allow for rapid motions and provide precise room to room clearings.
http://rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-GB/news/detail.aspx?c=tcm:154-273790-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32

Jarrod38

So after a few weeks without playing joined a match and voted right out of the game. Never change Siege community. Just joined another game TKed right away.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Why is this game currently broken on PS4? For the past two days, every time I boot up the game the servers are unavailable from the get go. Then I have to wait about 2 or 3 minutes until it finally connects. After that, I try finding a match and it takes ages. My friends are experiencing the same problems.

Yeah that happens to me too a lot, it fucking sucks. I have also been getting higher pings in brazil servers which didn't happen before, i wonder what's up :/ fix this shit Ubisoft.

Maintenance this morning. So i'm guessing they are getting ready for Operation Red Crow. Also i see them mentioning new modes in the Year 1 Roadmap pic ( OP) . I wonder if this update will add anything new besides operators and cosmetics again.

LAM09

Maintenance this morning. So i'm guessing they are getting ready for Operation Red Crow. Also i see them mentioning new modes in the Year 1 Roadmap pic ( OP) . I wonder if this update will add anything new besides operators and cosmetics again.

They did add tactical realism, but the plan to add it to rank seems unlikely.

They did add tactical realism, but the plan to add it to rank seems unlikely.

Oh ok. I just got the game at that point with the new Skull Rain DLC so i wasn't aware of that mode til now. Thanks.

Edit: I wouldn't mind a new mode with just staying on one side for a match.

Just got free on steam to try, is there a PC perf thread?

Couldn't find one and I am getting a lot of tearing and it is making me nauseous at the moment.

i7 4770k
16gb ram
SSD
Gtx760 (bad part)

60 fps, but a lot of tearing and mouse movement seems way too fast coming from other FPS.

Any suggestions on settings? If I can figure this out I may drop the 30$.

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
Just got free on steam to try, is there a PC perf thread?

Couldn't find one and I am getting a lot of tearing and it is making me nauseous at the moment.

i7 4770k
16gb ram
SSD
Gtx760 (bad part)

60 fps, but a lot of tearing and mouse movement seems way too fast coming from other FPS.

Any suggestions on settings? If I can figure this out I may drop the 30$.

vsync on?

Top Bottom