• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

HiiiLife

An attacker with grenades? So a thermite that has distance? Meh.

The defender idea sounds cool tho.

^also they may as well copy CoD and put in the dab and Hotline bling dance. If you're gonna be cheesy in my R6 go full cheese.

This game is amazing. Flawed in some way but very fun.

If anyone would like to add me, I use mic on xbone.
GT: Yesdroid29

So happy they're punishing team kills more.

Dysun

Uncounterable Thermite with distance is going to be big, I'm guessing the holes that open up won't be big enough to jump through

flkraven

Got the charm in casual luckily on my first try. The little skeleton is cute. Would be much easier in ranked, which I'm assuming will be broken all week on consoles. We need boosters!

This game is amazing. Flawed in some way but very fun.

If anyone would like to add me, I use mic on xbone.
GT: Yesdroid29

So happy they're punishing team kills more.

Gt: flkRaven

What is broken about them? Cant get into a ranked match?

Correct, it searches for other players and after it finds one or two people for a team it resets the search from scratch. At least one other person here is experiencing this so i know I'm not alone.

It all started after the Halloween update a few days ago.

KodaRuss

Correct, it searches for other players and after it finds one or two people for a team it resets the search from scratch. At least one other person here is experiencing this so i know I'm not alone.

It all started after the Halloween update a few days ago.

This is getting pathetic. Every patch something integral to the game gets broken. Ubi needs to wake up and put more resources or people on these patches.

I just saw on the Reddit page that PS4 Season Pass Holders have lost their operators as well? This is insanity.

This is getting pathetic. Every patch something integral to the game gets broken. Ubi needs to wake up and put more resources or people on these patches.

I just saw on the Reddit page that PS4 Season Pass Holders have lost their operators as well? This is insanity.

I sorta half believe that Siege was never meant to be the diamond in rough it turned out to be.

It turned into this thing that Ubi didn't know would take off the way it did. They might've known they had a mechanically excellent FPS MP on their hands but...with all of its initial problems, expected it to be DOA after a few months.

This game was like....years in the making......Siege is what the canceled Rainbow Six: Patriots game turned into. I feel like at some point, they put in all the money and resources they could to warrant the Tom Clancy and Rainbow Six name, and threw it out there. Rebooted projects don't tend to turn out very good, let alone excellent like Siege has managed to.

A year later, they have a hit on their hands, and they are literally scrambling at every single update to fix or unfix whatever it is they just updated. Everything seems very "flying by the seat of our pants" with Siege.

KodaRuss

I sorta half believe that Siege was never meant to be the diamond in rough it turned out to be.

It turned into this thing that Ubi didn't know would take off the way it did. They might've known they had a mechanically excellent FPS MP on their hands but...with all of its initial problems, expected it to be DOA after a few months.

This game was like....years in the making......Siege is what the canceled Rainbow Six: Patriots game turned into. I feel like at some point, they put in all the money and resources they could to warrant the Tom Clancy and Rainbow Six name, and threw it out there. Rebooted projects don't tend to turn out very good, let alone excellent like Siege has managed to.

A year later, they have a hit on their hands, and they are literally scrambling at every single update to fix or unfix whatever it is they just updated. Everything seems very "flying by the seat of our pants" with Siege.

Yep you are probably correct. No real campaign and Patriots took forever and then was cancelled.

When Siege was first announced it looked good but there was not a ton of buzz. Releasing a game in December is usually not a huge sign of faith.

So here we are, Ubisoft give your Rainbow Six Team some much needed reinforcements. That is what it looks like from the outside. Meanwhile The Division completely shit the bed and I am sure its team is huge.

Agreed you guys, Ubisoft needs to realise that they have a hit on their hands here that they can easily, EASILY fuck up by just ending support at the end of next season. I don't think they're that stupid though, I'm not sure how The Division is going but from afar it looks shallow, boring and that well will run dry.

Siege is a competitive game and if it weren't already obvious, those make bank if they are curated and handled correctly. Please stick with this game Ubi and make it blossom, it'll be big.

S0cc3rpunk

Unconfirmed Member
Very nice :D

3o7TKrugYn6cXQAMTK.gif

I also had a couple of clutch and is the best feeling ever.

thank you yeah it feels really good :D

So uh... my rank just dropped down from gold 2 to placement match 0/10???

Is this a known bug? I've worked pretty hard to get this far and it just reset everything..

UPDATE: Restarting the game fixed it, holy shit this game is buggy. @_@

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
So uh... my rank just dropped down from gold 2 to placement match 0/10???

Is this a known bug? I've worked pretty hard to get this far and it just reset everything..

UPDATE: Restarting the game fixed it, holy shit this game is buggy. @_@

I love this fucking game so much but god damn if that ain't the truth, it's like Ubisoft didn't expect this game to be a success so now the team is basically a couple of dudes working in the janitor's office, they can only do so much.

hao chi

I can't believe I never looked at the Ubisoft Challenges until recently. I'm earning Renown so much faster now. Only need 8k more and I can get both JP operators.

...Still need to get Buck and Blackbeard though.

thenexus6

I can't believe I never looked at the Ubisoft Challenges until recently. I'm earning Renown so much faster now. Only need 8k more and I can get both JP operators.

...Still need to get Buck and Blackbeard though.

Yeah, I play the game daily for a few games. But going for these challenges is a great way to get on and gain some easy points.

So hyped. Map looks really good, but Im hoping it has a rainy weather effect. The idea of hearing thunder and rain just sounds too good and a rather missed opportunity for all the maps.

Im excited about the meta changes. New attacker would put less stress on Thermite, but not enough to make him obsolete. It will allow BB combos where you make a hole to kill enemies in. Only issue I have with this is it potentially weakens room defending and encourages roaming even more.

Defender sounds like he either has a drone that spots enemies but is noisy, or a drone that makes noise. Doesnt make sense IMO to have a drone that just makes noise, especially if you are controlling it. But it should be great at distracting and scaring attackers.

Im hoping we also see fantastic upgrades for existing defenders. We need more love for defending rooms, and Tachanka is the epitome of a room defender. Buffing him should be wonderful.

Add in buffs to Castle, Glaz, Blitz fix, and maybe Montagne tweaks, and it should be a lot of fun.

OG Kush

Was reading that Reddit thread... I'm all for new operators, as people said where they do a kind of thing DOTA does. However, I feel they still need to improve some of the operators that are already there.

Also, just had a match on Plane where one of the defenders got in the walls where we couldn't see him and he kept running around inside the actual map and killing us from inside the walls. :/

The new stuff looks awesome I think my group will finally jump in ranked this new season. We took a few weeks off to focus on overwatch and battlefield but I'm excited to come back

KodaRuss

Damn that gun she is carrying looks huge. Like the models, not sure how much I am going to spend with this season now that Titanfall 2 is out but it looks good.

flkraven

IS this game still pretty active on the One?

My favorite shooter of 2015(or 16) no doubt.

I play it every night and I never have trouble finding a game. And it isn't just hardcore, amazing players either. Good diversity.

Although matchmaking has been pretty whack the past week.

Top Bottom