• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

Detox

So pretty sure im getting this game because of the free weekend...which has the bigger community PC or PS4?
Don't know about population size but the game plays differently on pc compared to consoles due to the controls. It seems like the pc version rewards aggressive and faster play more than the console version and there is a higher skill cap.

Hulohot

Neo Member
So it's free weekend on PS4 and it doesn't seem to be working. The only option on the store was to download the "free demo" which is what I'm assuming is what they're calling the free weekend. Game size is 29 gig so it must be the whole game but none of the modes are available, servers are down.

Anyone else not able to play ? I'm in the UK.

AEREC

Don't know about population size but the game plays differently on pc compared to consoles due to the controls. It seems like the pc version rewards aggressive and faster play more than the console version and there is a higher skill cap.

After playing both PC and PS4 versions this weekend and watching some videos this seems true. People playing the PC version made it look more like twitch shooter while the PS4 was definitely slower. I guess I'll go with PS4 for now since I really like how slow paced it was and it finally felt like a game that had proper shootouts instead of people just running balls out into danger.

Shame the other modes are 30fps on the PS4.

LAM09

Bartlett University is coming to PvP at last. Been changed quite a bit with no more surrounding smoke. Demo tomorrow morning.

It's coming with 5.2 patch, which will probably be out early next year.

OG Kush

Yooo Bartlett University is coming to PVP! New operators look great, new map looks good. Macie Jay said it has a really good balance for destructibility unlike Favelas.

Also, they're adding uniform skins now. Not sure how I feel about it as some of them look quite silly and might change the aesthetic and how you can visually see which class each enemy is.

DQDQDQ

The new cosmetics look terrible. Don't know why they keep making it harder to visually recognize people in-game. I'm not sure I'd be OK with this even if it meant season 2 was no extra charge, but I assume it will be on top of these costumes.

Somebody hide Evolved's wallet.

Compsiox

Banned
I know that this isn't a completely realistic game but those cosmetics/emotes are going to make it so the game isn't taken seriously. It doesn't fit.

HiiiLife

I know that this isn't a completely realistic game but those cosmetics/emotes are going to make it so the game isn't taken seriously. It doesn't fit.

Who ever thought shit like this was a good idea needs to be blacklisted.

Also fans don't always have the best ideas for this game.

Detox

This is how cosmetics go for every game. First they fit with the tone. Then there's a few outliers that are super rare or expensive and people let it slide. Next thing you know it's full blown anime.

HiiiLife

The new cosmetics look terrible. Don't know why they keep making it harder to visually recognize people in-game. I'm not sure I'd be OK with this even if it meant season 2 was no extra charge, but I assume it will be on top of these costumes.

What do you mean? You don't like seeing people with bright pink guns and clown masks???? :)

In a shooter like Overwatch I can see that goofy shit working. But when a game is touted as being grounded, and realistic, it's just dumb to look at lol.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything

Lol my wallet is fine.... unless IQ gets a purple jumpsuit or something.

Btw: nofunallowed/img

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
Loadouts of the new operators:

2D0Xluo.jpg

ljNsIfh.jpg

DQDQDQ

What do you mean? You don't like seeing people with bright pink guns and clown masks???? :)

In a shooter like Overwatch I can see that goofy shit working. But when a game is touted as being grounded, and realistic, it's just dumb to look at lol.

For me it's not even a "realism" issue. I don't care about the after the match animations. Gun skins are irrelevant. What I do care about is not being able to identify operators at a glance. Sometimes you see them and the icon still doesn't appear on the HUD. I want to be able to just know who I'm up against.

I want to see a Thermite and know I'm not going to have a frag grenade thrown at me. Stuff like that. The changeable heads were a step in the wrong direction, the new uniforms are a sprint in the wrong direction.

JCH!

Finally got the chance to try this thanks to the free weekend on Steam.

Had quite some fun playing versus AI but is it just me or is the multiplayer matchmaking completely fucking broken?

I keep getting matched with a bunch of Free Weekenders (levels 0-15, give or take) against some level 80+ premade team and keep getting stomped. It's impossible to win like this even when I consistently finish at the top of the scoreboard for my team.

This is even more surprising due to the fact that with the Free Weekend there should be no problem in matching newbs vs newbs.

Is the real, non-free game, like this too?

Finally got the chance to try this. Was a lot of fun, just going through the single player missions.

I could play this just like this and not even touch the mp I think.

I got back into it with the MP trial yesterday. I mean, I still have my copy of the game but I was able to get a couple of people on who would not normally play.

Obviously for me it was quite easy but a good way to get back into things and learn the new maps that I haven't yet played. Some of the new players seem to like team killing also, which is a shame, because it gives others a bad impression of the game.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Rainbow got a long way to go to be a good spectator game. Really boring to see defenders lose almost every round.
Far as I know, last metrics they released show a near-perfect split W/L.

Those metrics are what drive their balancing, not anecdotal opinions or community sentiment.

Edit: I should add that I don't watch pro league... or know anything about those specific statistics.

Detox

It's in pro league. Aside from a couple of outliers including the final round of the final game on pc the attackers usually win.

The game goes to overtime almost every match and they do a coin flip to see who will get the attacker advantage.

It's boring to see the same bomb location being picked over and over and the same strats being used by attackers to pick it apart. It could be the players don't have enough different strats. It could be blackbeard who fucks over players and stops the flow of the game.

They should balance for pro league it's how all competitive games survive but I'm not sure how. There's a ton of roaming already in matchmaking but pros do it less becuase communication nullifies it.

Anyway they're playing the new map on stream

https://youtu.be/OYxesKvnprE

Joeku

Well, had a lot of fun with that weekend demo. At half off it's $35 Canadian on Steam and that's out of my price range at the moment, but if I can find it for $20 at some point I will for sure pick it up.

It feels really good when you orchestrate a strong defense and four of the five enemies on the other side die to traps and getting shot in the feet under a barrier.

OG Kush

I guess they wanted to make her look more feminine but that portrait looks a little cartoony to me.

And it looks like Hibana's breaches actually can destroy an entire wall and might still be vulnerable to batteries/jammers?

Hibana get's 3 charges/shots (each being a cluster of 3 in a horizontal line). 1 will crete a horizontal line peak hole. Putting 2 above each other will create a vaultable hole. And yes, they are vulnerable to batteries/jammers. However, Bandit's trick won't work, he'll have to have put the batteries down before Hibana starts the fuse.

Top Bottom