• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Guys i'm 5 terrorist hunts wins away from getting a platinum, god damn this camper trophy is garbage what the fuck Ubisoft. I've been grinding the wins mostly solo and it is a soul sucking experience, surely there must have been better trophies ideas, ugh.

Continuing with my theme of "here's an operator I've not been using but have done well with recently", I picked up buck and have had some great rounds with him.

Of course, regardless of the underbarrel shotgun he's well equipped with the grenades and weapons. I'd originally written off his ability as a louder but weaker alternative to sledge. Three shots is usually enough to blow open an entry and sometimes you don't want a whole wall to come down, just enough for a person, grenade or drone. The ability to be lethal at any range is probably his greatest selling point though.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
The bf1 effect is strong with this game.Now in the xbox1 the time for matchmaking in casual is more.

So less people playing i assume.

Pegasus Actual

Gold Member
Guys i'm 5 terrorist hunts wins away from getting a platinum, god damn this camper trophy is garbage what the fuck Ubisoft. I've been grinding the wins mostly solo and it is a soul sucking experience, surely there must have been better trophies ideas, ugh.
Yeah that one is monkey poo. I tried to grind some out playing with a team but had someone kill the hostage on purpose in the last round and well.. just fuck that. I try not to grind it too much, usually only when I'm waiting for someone to get online, or if I have a Terrorist Hunt renown bounty that I can clear out of my list. I'm 2/3 of the way there or so now. I need to start focusing on the kill terrorists with penetration thing.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah that one is monkey poo. I tried to grind some out playing with a team but had someone kill the hostage on purpose in the last round and well.. just fuck that. I try not to grind it too much, usually only when I'm waiting for someone to get online, or if I have a Terrorist Hunt renown bounty that I can clear out of my list. I'm 2/3 of the way there or so now. I need to start focusing on the kill terrorists with penetration thing.

Here's a good method on how to get easy penetration kills on house using tachanka:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRwllqNJ0hM

Oh yeah grinding online is not doable, i just grinds my wins solo on plane using Bandit. It is a pretty straightforward that only takes about 7 minutes per round.

Thanks.

Oh my God, I'm only at 922.

One thing to note is that the website counts situations kills in the total so you probably need way more than 2500, my trophy unlocked at like 3500. Also the camper trophy is glitched somehow, i have 111 wins and i stil haven't unlocked that trophy.

Pegasus Actual

Gold Member
The Xbox achievements thing has a progress meter on the actual achievements, so I'm reasonably sure I have an accurate count at least. Good feature. I don't think I will bother trying to get all the achievements on the PC or PS4 versions.

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
How's the matchmaking for PC players? Last few days has been magnitudes longer for me - instead of 30 secs it'll take a few mins.

God damn, this games smoothness, lean and everything has spoiled me.. Trying to lean round corners in Battlefield 1 last night.

Playing BF1 last night this was the first thing that hit me coming up on corners. I feel like the lean is so inconsistent when I do it are rarely helps me.

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
Can you still buy the starter edition anywhere legit for PC? Can't see it on ubi store, steam, amazon etc.

I saw it on sale on uplay just a few days - can't seem to find it anywhere mow. Alternatively, you can pick up the full version of the game from CDKeys for a similar price.

I really really really wish there are fixes or progression in the hit detection and latency with this next patch. I know kill cams are inaccurate but some of the things I am seeing are insanely blatant.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
I really really really wish there are fixes or progression in the hit detection and latency with this next patch. I know kill cams are inaccurate but some of the things I am seeing are insanely blatant.

Personally i hope they fix the reloading bug in PS4, maybe it happens on PC too i dunno. Basically i can't reload or crouch sometimes, my character becomes stuck like that. it really sucks.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
dang that clutch D: i was scared for my life lol https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCnKG5MNiz8

Very nice :D

3o7TKrugYn6cXQAMTK.gif

I also had a couple of clutch and is the best feeling ever.

KodaRuss

Yes, my God. I played the game last night after a couple weeks off and holy crap is the hit detection/kill cams terrible still.

There was one particular player on an opposing team that had 10+ kills and every time he killed one of us it was just so confusing. I have saved a bunch of videos of horrible kill cams that I was going to put together at some point.

KodaRuss

New map was leaked
Looks like a hotel or restaurant
but it's been taken down now.

Well they have gone borderline mental on the subreddit and the mods are locking all the posts about the leak. Stupid, what the hell are they doing.

EDIT: Mods are saying they are keeping them off the board because they want to talk about the Easter Egg hunt they are doing on Favela. Who the hell cares about that at this point.

Well they have gone borderline mental on the subreddit and the mods are locking all the posts about the leak. Stupid, what the hell are they doing.

Urgh, that's no good for curating a community. I haven't been back to Siege yet since BF1 dropped and that's just off-putting. We've known about Japanese ops for ages; they could just let us have that.

vlaktron

Neo Member
Looks like that one operator has a flying drone or something.

I haven't seen the video, but I don't know how useful its going to be. I guess you could let if hover in larger spaces like main staircase in house or the main entrance in chalet. Seems like it would be easy for defenders to destroy.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
Anymore information about the new operators?

From reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Rainbow6/comments/59beez/s4_leak_megathread_please_post_and_discuss/d972k9y/
https://www.reddit.com/r/Rainbow6/comments/58i7zk/no_need_for_the_easter_egg/

An attacker with grenades that can break reinforced walls and a defender with a flying drone that uses noise to disorientate enemies.

How the hell do you combat a guy who can chuck grenades at reinforced walls? as its a grenade, mute or shock can't combat it.
Maybe is only small holes to see through.

Top Bottom