• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

Well then I guess my time with the game is at an end. Gotta cater to the short-attention span crowd because god forbid in a game centered around slow tactical gameplay we spend a second to catch our breath to work out a plan. The future is blasting and running and gunning at top speed through doorways with reckless regard to my own life. Because there isn't anything else you can do in 3 minutes.

Tangeroo

It's only for ranked, someone mentioned how attackers in ranked tend to win 90% of the time, at least at high level play.

While that's true, I don't see how giving attackers even more time to complete their objective will help this.

Edit: I'm dumb and completely misread. Less time. Yes, I'm all for it.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I like their rational for rank changes.

Maybe first time a dev has come out and said it's not about k/d. That I know of anyway.

Ferny

So if I were to get the season pass now, would all the VIP stuff basically be done Dec 1st? I don't understand the PSN store description

Evolved1

So if I were to get the season pass now, would all the VIP stuff basically be done Dec 1st? I don't understand the PSN store description
It would still be good for any past content/benefits... but anything released going forward after Red Crow will require the inevitable Season 2 Pass.

Exactly right.

Yup. I have zero problems with backup pistol-caliber weapons not being able to headshot snipe from afar. Is bullet drop even in Siege? I can't remember.

Well then I guess my time with the game is at an end. Gotta cater to the short-attention span crowd because god forbid in a game centered around slow tactical gameplay we spend a second to catch our breath to work out a plan. The future is blasting and running and gunning at top speed through doorways with reckless regard to my own life. Because there isn't anything else you can do in 3 minutes.

I feel like the other posters gave pretty good explanations for why. If attackers are winning 90% of the time, something has to be done.

Yup. I have zero problems with backup pistol-caliber weapons not being able to headshot snipe from afar. Is bullet drop even in Siege? I can't remember.

Nope.

Would it be best to just wait then?

Depends. All of the Season 1 content (which is basically just Operators) is laid out for you, so if you like and want all of those Operators immediately, it might be worth it.

Season 2 only just got announced, so who knows what it will include, but Ubi may offer some sort of deal that unlocks both S1 and S2 content.

Typing all of that out and thinking about it....I'd probably wait.

Evolved1

This is about balance. Defenders are outmatched when attackers can chip away at them from range. Or dink and dunk. This forces attackers to make a move earlier... it'll likely be better for the game. You have 2 mins and 30 seconds (in addition to drone phase) to catch your breath and make a plan.

Evolved1

Would it be best to just wait then?
No... season 2 pass most assuredly will not grant S1 content.

However they could do some kind of bundle... for both passes. But that hasn't been announced. So idk, guess it depends on what you want. You really dont need the pass if you play regularly. Unless you really just want everything immediately. The vanilla content is easily attainable pretty early. DLC operators are a longer process, but tbh are they critical to have? I dont think so.

I have everything and my most-played, go-to operators are vanilla.

Animator

I think that neck shots counting as headshots change is probably the best thing that happened to this game since release. Hopefully no more shooting someone in the face and seeing blood fly and then having them kill you.

I feel like the other posters gave pretty good explanations for why. If attackers are winning 90% of the time, something has to be done.

The explanations are nonsense. Rather than solve the actual reasons defenders are getting obliterated (close range weapons being nerfed into oblivion, operators with useless and nerfed abilities, a distinct lack of being able to reinforce as much as they want, poor objective locations [Favela their latest map is the ultimate "fuck you" to defenders], and a diminished and homogenized equipment loadout compared to launch) the developers think it's acceptable to screw the time-clock for everyone involved as a "fix". They already fucked with the time-limit at launch, it used to be 5 minutes, and that apparently didn't solve the problem either.

The difference it would make if defenders could have way more than 2 barb wires, 2 crappy reinforced walls, and 2-3 "ability" items like shock devices, castle barriers, or mute pads would be astronomical.

But you know what fixes the problem? A flying drone! Oooh I'm sure the attackers will be shaking with fear when they snipe you while you sit in a corner idly staring at your drones camera.

Detox

Your solution is to get defenders to turtle up and slow the attackers down to a crawl.

As it is the game has an awesome learning curve. New players take it slow and steady and as they learn the maps and become confident with operators the pace picks up. It's no longer a slow plodding game of hide and seek but a clean execution of clearing non objective rooms/ roamers and then taking the objective from multiple angles.

It takes about 30-60 seconds of aggression to take an objective. The majority of time is still spent droning, taking a breather and figuring out your plan of attack. All the lower time limit does is force attackers to think and act quicker.

It's going to be interesting to see how the lower time limit works in public matchmaking. I think games will be more focused around the objective and will devolve less into team deathmatch. I hope it makes defenders think twice about sending half their team roaming.

Pachimari

Are there any new EU players in here who would like to join up in a group on PC? Because me and four others are looking for more members. It's nothing serious, just another way if helping each other out and teaching each other and practicing to get better.

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
Are there any new EU players in here who would like to join up in a group on PC? Because me and four others are looking for more members. It's nothing serious, just another way if helping each other out and teaching each other and practicing to get better.

There's me and a few others I play with - we're all relatively new-ish (100hrs) and looking for fun games, no pressure.

my handle is spineduke on uplay

TheRed

Hyped to play. Had 25000 ready to get Hibana then remembered its only for season pass owners till next week. Oh well, can't wait to try the new map.

Evolved1

Hyped to play. Had 25000 ready to get Hibana then remembered its only for season pass owners till next week. Oh well, can't wait to try the new map.
Isn't it two maps?

Are we not getting University?

Rocketz

Your not. Mid season patch it will be here. So probably sometime in January. Maybe a little later than normal due to the Holidays.

TheRed

The Skyscraper map is gorgeous and not a complete clusterfuck like Favelas. Tons of rooms with a lot of detail, multiple levels. I think it's one of the best they've done yet, if they can do more like this in year 2 I'm looking forward to it. Only played hostage mode on it and only one game, but it definitely seemed good.

Dalibor68

Banned
Played 2 ranked matches, unfortunately didn't get to play the new map. First match was lost 0:4, 3rd match won 6:5 or something like that and actually had 18 kills as well as my first ace lol. New record for me. These moments really feel good.

Animator

Jesus christ they need to tone down the stun effect and the duration of the stun when you get hit by the echo drone. You can't see shit for a good 10 seconds afterwards.

Also I need to test this but I am pretty sure it is invisible to the iq gadget when it's cloaked.

Jesus christ they need to tone down the stun effect and the duration of the stun when you get hit by the echo drone. You can't see shit for a good 10 seconds afterwards.

Also I need to test this but I am pretty sure it is invisible to the iq gadget when it's cloaked.

Yeah. I noticed though if you stay still the effects wear off faster though. But yeah they need to reduce it.

Top Bottom