• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

SxP

Classic Ubisoft quality control. Random 5 second freezes in multiplayer. Seems a lot of people have been affected by it. My game crashed completely a couple of times as well.

PS4, dunno about other platforms.

Classic Ubisoft quality control. Random 5 second freezes in multiplayer. Seems a lot of people have been affected by it. My game crashed completely a couple of times as well.

PS4, dunno about other platforms.

Defo a big problem. Has only happened to me in ranked so far but my friend's game just crashed and now he's banned. Ubi please

Jesus christ they need to tone down the stun effect and the duration of the stun when you get hit by the echo drone. You can't see shit for a good 10 seconds afterwards.

Also I need to test this but I am pretty sure it is invisible to the iq gadget when it's cloaked.

Uhh. That'd suck hard. IQ should be a viable counter, because she really sucks right now.

Played 2 ranked matches, unfortunately didn't get to play the new map. First match was lost 0:4, 3rd match won 6:5 or something like that and actually had 18 kills as well as my first ace lol. New record for me. These moments really feel good.

Congratulations on first ace :p would have thought someone who, presumably, mains Yaegar would have done plenty!

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Welp constant freezes, gets stuck on smoke screen after leaving results... GJ ubi.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
If you play Terrorist Hunt Protect (worst trophy ever btw) on Skyscraper... you cannot finish the match. In at least one of the rounds a terrorist will refuse to climb up the rapel rope, and there's no way to get an angle to kill them. There's no timer, so the round just hangs indefinitely. You can see the rope, but they never climb it.

You have to quit the match. So far it's happened 100% of the time on Skyscraper.

HOW DO YOU MISS THAT!?

Obviously, even Ubi doesn't play Terrorist Hunt.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
i played a few matches and i didn't get the new map, also the game actually froze for a second or two and it's hard tell if it was because of the heat in my room or some kind of bug.

Well, well, well, don't I look brilliant right now.

Everyone cries that I'm being hyperbolic about bugs and glitches and yet here we are.

Was really looking forward to giving it a go again for the first time in easily a month.

Kalentan

As much as I love Siege, it still has the problem where you just die instantly and you never heard anything and then the kill cam shows a wildly different thing than what you saw.

As much as I love Siege, it still has the problem where you just die instantly and you never heard anything and then the kill cam shows a wildly different thing than what you saw.

Yep. Happened to me earlier.

I'm just done with this game I think.

I know y'all would be happy with that. Lol

Finished almost all of my placement matches because I wanted to give this update at least a try before passing judgment and what do you know, I called it. Ranked has become a mountain dew guzzling, shoot-bang with no thought team deathmatch. Any semblance of tactics and planning are gone and is instead replaced by men and women scrambling to get their bodies in a room before the embarassingly short timer runs out.

I'd say at least I can play casual for the real gameplay but we all know they'll inflict these disasterous time changes on casual under the guise of "it's training for ranked!" soon enough.

It just makes me sad that they'd have to cater to the call of duty crowd to bring new people in.

I'm so bummed out.

Armaly

Is there an achievement for blinding people with echo's drone? I've seen a ton of echoes just hide in a corner and when an attacker would peek they'd hit them with his drone and then the echo would get mowed down.

Hibana's in game face model is so bad. Ubi please fix.

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
Hibana's in game face model is so bad. Ubi please fix.

It's exhausting to see the constant fixation on female heroes and characters and if they look good enough. She's fine as she is. Twitch got her stupid lipstick and it comes from that mentality. Sorry if it's a little aggressive, but I get tired of these checks as if there's some beauty contest going round.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
Is there an achievement for blinding people with echo's drone? I've seen a ton of echoes just hide in a corner and when an attacker would peek they'd hit them with his drone and then the echo would get mowed down.
No achievement but it's the normal and logical strategy if you pick up echo. Put the drone where you want,hide yourself and watch the camera. Wait to the enemy is in vision and stun the enemy and quick move to the enemy to kill him when he is stunned.

Armaly

It's exhausting to see the constant fixation on female heroes and characters and if they look good enough. She's fine as she is. Twitch got her stupid lipstick and it comes from that mentality. Sorry if it's a little aggressive, but I get tired of these checks as if there's some beauty contest going round.
Fair enough.
No achievement but it's the normal and logical strategy if you pick up echo. Put the drone where you want,hide yourself and watch the camera. Wait to the enemy is in vision and stun the enemy and quick move to the enemy to kill him when he is stunned.
Does blinding screw up your ability to aim straight? Because i've gotten blinded and continued shooting where I was already aiming and still got the kill. That's how i've continued to kill echoes because they'd wait until I peeked them then hit me rather than do it before I peeked the corner.

She hardly looks Japanese and her profile picture looks like a cartoon character.

thenexus6

To be fair pretty much all the female operators look stupid, either their character models or the icon on the character select screen. I really don't get it..

Dalibor68

Banned
Congratulations on first ace :p would have thought someone who, presumably, mains Yaegar would have done plenty!

Was with Rook actually :p Idk I might actually have had it before and just not remember as I've been playing more or less since release. But yesterday it was like within 1 minute and everyone congratulated me so I definitely took notice :p

/////

Love that there are new uniforms, but it's not possible to select them ingame though right? Because that would actually make sense if you could adapt the camo to each mission..

I think it's important to differentiate. In the case of R6S, at least from what I noticed with Valkyrie, the ingame models looks completely different from the preview picture. Consolidating the two would absolutely be recommended imo.

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
To be fair pretty much all the female operators look stupid, either their character models or the icon on the character select screen. I really don't get it..

Most of the operators are masked or wearing goggles. Pulse and Buck faces look off compared to their portrait arts.

XBP

3 min rounds is basically what ranked games needed. People are now actually more focused on playing the objective instead of doing random shit or sitting outside for 2 mins. Really hope they keep this and dont change because of some outcry.

AllGamer

I don't know. Sometimes, I need a little more time, lost a few games because I had to rush. 3:30 minutes would be great. But I might just get used to it a bit more.

OG Kush

wait, how did i just find out you can search for custom game lobbies?! I never made a custom match befiore, but decided to try it test run the new map and saw you can join other custom games! Nice.

Also what have they done to the SAS default uniforms?! Baby blue overall for smoke/mute/thatcher etc now.

I loved the original Rainbox Six and played it online on PC forever, some of my best memories! I recently had my interest peaked by this game, what platform is the strongest both performance/player count? I have PS4/XB1 with no preference for either.

I loved the original Rainbox Six and played it online on PC forever, some of my best memories! I recently had my interest peaked by this game, what platform is the strongest both performance/player count? I have PS4/XB1 with no preference for either.

Both are great and have a good amount of players. Just go where you play the most and have friends. Its probably gonna be on sale by black friday too. So you might be able to get it cheaper by then.

OG Kush

Have Doc's gloves always had this wet, slimy look to them? Its kind of freaky. Also Hibana+Thermite on Favelas is a SHUTDOWN.

Moreover, I have experienced that 5 second PS4 stutter, multiple times. This shit is unacceptable.

Frost looks perfect besides that one horrendous headgear.
Still wish they'd add the concept headgear

CrayToes

Man I wish the elite uniforms weren't hidden behind Rainbow credits. It's like £30 for 2 of them. I'd happily buy them for maybe £6/£7 each on the PlayStation store.

OG Kush

Yooo, fuck this patch on PS4. This 5 second hitching where it gets stuck, the disconnections, the stuck on loading screens, the lag (especially when in barbed wire or going down stairs with shield operator for some odd reason) is pissing me off.

Rowena

Neo Member
Came crashes upon loading up main menu. Just installed most current update. Any tips to fix this? I'm on PS4

Edit: after reinstalling all the updates still having the same issue. Guess I'm not playing Siege anymore till it's fixed

SxP

Yesterday I only had the freezing when playing Multiplayer, but I guess that was just luck. Had a couple in Terrorist Hunt as well today. Including one after which the game did not recover.

I wonder if we'll ever see a Ubisoft game (or patch for that matter) that's been through quality control. Or, at least a competent level of quality control.

OG Kush

Ubisoft never learn. Will not know how this patch passed testing on PS4.

Anyway, this skin makes Twitch look pretty dope:
y1ko74f9edyx.png

Recruits now have different uniforms depending on their armour rating:
http://imgur.com/a/MRhtq

Some more undocumented changes taken from reddit:
Cosmetic

Kapkan Fuze Twitch Rook IQ Blitz and Bandit all have new portraits
SAS uniforms are lighter blue
FBI operators have lighter gray pants
Ash's model retouched
Twitch model reworked
Recruit model retouched
Muzzle Brake size reduced

UI

Players who left the match are now grayed out instead of completely missing
Drone jump icon changed
Attacker and Defender sides now noted next to the rounds score at the top of the screen
Icons which indiciate attachments for guys made clearer

Operators

Twitch: [notable bug] First shot from the drone will not do anything

Kapkan: [potential bug] Meleeing a door with a Kapkan trap on it will detonate the trap

Sledge: Can no longer create walkable holes in one-shot

Gameplay

Impact grenades create much larger holes, as well as their documented fix of being more reliable

Wall destruction now takes into account angle of the hit instead of always being perpendicular to the wall

Terrorist Hunt - NPCs now move their shields when Aiming Down Sights (like normal player)

Maps

Clubhouse: You can now see through the horizontal window in the garage

House: Can no longer Access the kitchen on House with drones by going through the door blocked by file cabinets. However you can still jump the drone on top of the wardrobe one more time and drop down from there

Kafe: Standing in Fireplace Hall will no longer counter as contesting the biohazard container in the train museum

Hereford Base: New wall to prevent prone spawn peeks from the exterior stairs on the second floor

Consulate: Flags on the piano have been moved (second floor)

Miscellaneous

Ranked Points for various ranks have been changed (Diamond is 3700 now instead of 6000)
Destroying barbed wire has a different sound
Shields added to the skins store, no skins available yet
Chibis for Season 3 and Season 4 operators

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Hibana on PS4 has been disabled due to a freezing bug when she switches to her gadget lol She'll be back on Tuesday with 5.1

Another quality patch good job Ubisoft! Also they totally didn't fix the lighting coming from outside buildings that blinds your eyes while defending, obviously this means that all of the maps are located near a nuclear explosion.

I love the 3 minute timer. Attackers have to focus on the objective, defenders have to focus on defending, and roamers tend to come back sooner and not stray off for too long. It's perfect

Too bad the Hibana bug on PS4 is fucking the game up. They removed Hibana, then added her back in, except now picking her crashes the game on the loading screen for everyone.

They didnt test this at all, and it really sucks that they try to be a big game, but have shit quality assurance

I feel as though attackers don't get any time to properly scout. There's barely any time to look for kill holes or take out a roamer before moving on the objective.

Dysun

Technical issues really feel like amateur hour in this game sometimes

Such a shame with how good it actually is when it works

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
I don't like the new time changes - 3 mins is fine when everything goes to plan, but it forces the attackers to rush stupidly if they need to rework their approach midmatch.

Top Bottom