• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

New ranked time sucks. 4 minutes was perfect. Shouldn't have touched it. Attackers barely have time to plan between scouting and clearing for roamers and things. Just feels unfocused and not in the spirit of the game which had amazing pacing before.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
Anyway, this skin makes Twitch look pretty dope:
y1ko74f9edyx.png
I have that twitch like the photo :) she is awesome.That uniform cost 27.000 of renown and the head cost r6credits.
Yesterday i was playing all the day in the xb1 and no problems so far.

I don't like the elite uniforms with his special celebrations not being activate when your team win.Only if you are the mvp and i want it when your team win and not only if you are the mvp.

And the improve AI in terrorist hunt i noticed too.In normal difficulty now the enemies when listen to you shooting they come to you and this not happens before only after 3 enemies are remaining.

About the season 2:

The Rainbow Six Siege team has also announced its plans for a second year of post-launch content that will follow a similar structure as the first year. This content will include new Operators, new maps, as well as a variety of other updates and improvements. New maps and modes will remain free to all players, while Operators and most weapon skins will be unlockable with Renown or R6 Credits. Year two content kicks off in February with the Rainbow Six Invitational.

Well, that was a bit off putting. Set up the bomb for detonating, rest of the team dies and in left against two. One of the guys uses his echo drone to disorient me and yet I still get one guy defusing the bomb. The other guy gets to me as I'm trying to throw a smoke bomb (bad move I know) and we lose. What's strange is that throughout the match no one spoke a word, but right after that happened, out came the 10 year old kids claiming you suck and all that jazz. Strange experience lol.

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
Strange experience lol.

I had a game yesterday where we started with some pleasantries of glhf etc.. the game stretched out to overtime and we lost in the end. Out of the blue, this platinum player on the enemy team just blurts out "thats right - KIDS should fucking lose".

Part of me wanted to tap into that adolescent rage and see what else would come out, but alas the match was over.

OG Kush

I'm still undecided on the 3 minute timer. On one hand it'd making me play more aggressive as an attacker, waste less time and really make sure my first drone doesn't die so I can play it where I want to enter to from. Before there were quite a few times where people would waste time and go too slow. On the other hand, now I have seen quite a few matches end due time being up! Also, it means as an attacker your plan has to be on point, no room for error. However, I never squad up and always play with randoms. To organise such a strategy with randoms is never going to happen.

Maybe 3 minute 30 second rounds will be better? Let's give it a few weeks before we decide.

I hadn't played in two weeks. Boot up the game, select Hibana, freak out about the shorter round time, and end up getting my first ever 5-kill ace. My team still lost the match, but man was that great.

Haven't had a chance to play yet since the patch, but I'm not inspired with much hope based on what I've heard so far. Ubi why must you always do this with Siege? There really, REALLY needs to be better QA. I know somethings are either difficult to discover or fix before release, but a bug that caused the game to crash, sometimes for everyone in the lobby, after picking one of the two new operators is just hilariously inept.

kvk1

not to minimize anyone else's issues, but i've been playing since the patch hit on PC with no major problems

sometimes the ranked queue gets a little nutty waiting wise, but that's about it

forget what you hear online, jump in, and try for yourself

Disgraced

I strongly dislike the precedent the Twitch revamp and all the minor alterations set. Siege's subdued, cold art style is my favorite element alongside its tense, intense, cerebral gameplay.

Most of the vanilla character designs are pragmatic and faceless, yet they maintain soft, recognizable silhouettes and color palettes. Aside from Frost and maybe Echo, the DLC characters are almost none of this. Perhaps they are more clichéd and colorful to entice buyers who want to stand out, or maybe they're simply made by somebody else.

Whatever the case may be, they aren't consistent. And now Twitch, a vanilla character, looks more like one of the DLC characters because everyone was making fun of the leathery texture on her model's mask. And Fuze and Kapkan were mildly changed because...?

You can see this inconsistency with vanilla even in Fuze's new artwork, where he's greener and has a more traditionally dramatic pose. I quite preferred his old art, actually. There was a stiff, imposing look about him almost like Michael Myers at the top of the stairs in Halloween. Which, I thought fit his taciturn character description.

Ubi, if I may—businesses who rebrand too often become indistinguishable. This is a lesson inherited from the arts. In layman's, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it."

Otherwise, I'm very much enjoying the latest update.

Compsiox

Banned
I keep getting the absolute shittiest teams in Ranked. Had my 3rd carry match in a row always getting 7-9 kills while everyone else gets 2 max.

I was Silver 4 when I received my rank. Now I'm bronze 4.

Honestly I just want to quit forever.

Grady

This new rank system is garbage. I was gold when I placed. After 2 losses I was silver 2? Then got put into a match of a losing team 0-3 match point. Lost that game and ranked down to bronze 3. That's 3 losses from gold to bronze 3. Just reset the season and fix the shit. Horrible launch.

Compsiox

Banned
This new rank system is garbage. I was gold when I placed. After 2 losses I was silver 2? Then got put into a match of a losing team 0-3 match point. Lost that game and ranked down to bronze 3. That's 3 losses from gold to bronze 3. Just reset the season and fix the shit. Horrible launch.

Dude you can go up just as fast if you perform well.

Grady

Dude you can go up just as fast if you perform well.

Not even close. I won a game that was a 5 vs 2. Worked in my favor. But only Got 22 rank points. Lost a 2 vs 5 not in my favor and lost 120 rank. Also when you I get placed into an already active match that's almost over with a 0-3 score the rank glitches out and I lost between 200 and 300 rank points. All of these games happened in a 3 hour period. I lost approx 400 ranks points in 3 games. It's plain broken. The way it was last season I was new to game and started at copper one. I climbed out of that while to gold in about a month. The way it is now everyone is going to jut seesaw back and forth all season.

How is the game still this broken a year after launch? An absolute fucking joke. Had so many matchmaking problems and crashes this weekend on top of the Hibana bug and all the other shit that goes on. Had to close down the game twice this evening because I was stuck in a loading screen.

What kind of incompetent fucks have they actually got working on this game?

Animator

How is the game still this broken a year after launch? An absolute fucking joke. Had so many matchmaking problems and crashes this weekend on top of the Hibana bug and all the other shit that goes on. Had to close down the game twice this evening because I was stuck in a loading screen.

Yea because programming a game this complex is super easy, you should go show them how it is done.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
it's funny the 3 minute time limit doesn't bother me much and i'm not even a good player. Also i should totally team up again, i played around with a gaffer that was studying books awhile back and it was pretty good, maybe next weekend.

Disgraced

Does a GAF Club on Xbox exist for this game and if not would anybody be interested in one?
You know what, I'm pretty sure this is a big no so I just took the initiative and created it. The club is hidden and it's just me and Anton Sugar in right now, but anybody else who wants in should feel free to PM me their gamertag.

I'm level 120, placed silver last season, and play regularly if not bi-nightly. I have a few friends and clanmates to play with, but the more the merrier—plus, it'd be nice to play with more of the community here.
Other devs seem to manage it just fine. :)

Amazing argument, though. Can I also not criticize a film,song etc unless I can make one myself?

Your "criticism" sounds like my uncle raving about his cold Big Mac.

"How is the burger this cold after cooking for ten minutes? An absolute fucking joke. What kind of incompetent fucks have they got cooking back there?"

Don't be my uncle, man.

I get a lot more kills with smoke now with shorter rounds. Of course it's not just the kills it's obstructing the objective. Feel so much more useful now.

Razilez

Hey folks! I'm considering purchasing this on PS4 but I wanted to know what the player base is like. Is it still popular? Do you find a lot of people playing it still? I'm most likely going to be playing with ransoms since many friends don't have the game. Cheers!

PS: I'm looking at Europe numbers mainly, UK here.

Hey folks! I'm considering purchasing this on PS4 but I wanted to know what the player base is like. Is it still popular? Do you find a lot of people playing it still? I'm most likely going to be playing with ransoms since many friends don't have the game. Cheers!

PS: I'm looking at Europe numbers mainly, UK here.

I'm from the UK too.

Plenty of people play on PS4. I usually play with randoms, the community can be a bit toxic but I've only experienced it a few times.

Well worth a purchase!.

Razilez

I'm from the UK too.

Plenty of people play on PS4. I usually play with randoms, the community can be a bit toxic but I've only experienced it a few times.

Well worth a purchase!.
Thanks very much! I'm considering the Gold edition as it's has the season pass, but is it essential? Tbh I haven't looked too much into the content of the game but have heard there's plenty of free content anyway.

Thanks very much! I'm considering the Gold edition as it's has the season pass, but is it essential? Tbh I haven't looked too much into the content of the game but have heard there's plenty of free content anyway.

I got the standard edition a week ago and the unlock process has been quick for the basic operators. The dlc ones cost a lot more 25k vs 2k (max), so besides that it's the same. You also get 100% bonus points with the season pass.

Really was hoping the operator balancing that's been discussed (specifically Tachanka) would be included in the update but I guess we'll have to wait.

Still having a lot of fun with the game though I've not even got to play the new map yet.

I'm all for the shorter rounds too. Seems to keep defenders closer to the objective as attackers don't have all day to move through the map.

Man so vote to kick was changed in Rank. No voting out in ranked matches but casual still does. Sucks if someone stays idle for the entire game in ranked.

FrankCanada97

Roughly the size of a baaaaaarge
Is it normal to experience smooth 60 fps gameplay in solo terrorist hunt yet have some stuttering in multiplayer team matches?

Pegasus Actual

Gold Member
I like the 3 minute rounds. Forces people to play with pace. Makes delay tactics on defense strong and more importantly fun. It might be a touch too tight, maybe 3:15 would be better, but I think I like it more than 4:00 already.

Top Bottom