• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

KodaRuss

Haha, thats hilarious. Played a few games last night for the first time and I like Hibana but not really Echo yet. I think I did better with Echo but he feels even slower than the other 3 armor Ops for some reason.

Anyway, coming from TF2 I feel like I am moving through molasses in Siege now. Took me a few games to get back the pace of this game.

Detox

Just to be clear I was talking about attackers having the advantage in pro games and well pro matches were already 3 minute rounds so this change wasn't for them.

This change may have been because the devs liked the pace of pro games idk.

Pegasus Actual

Gold Member
It's a cool one-liner to say that R6 isn't about pace. I mean if you don't want to be rushed, why not have 8 minute rounds? 4 is hella rushed compared to 8! It's a spectrum, let's not pretend that 4 minutes is somehow sacrosanct.

The new timer puts time more on the side of the defenders, which makes sense to me. It makes all the traps more powerful. It makes roamers less necessary. It puts pressure on the attackers to find the objective quickly, formulate a plan and choose decent spawns. It makes it so as a defender you're not peeking a spot for 2 minutes straight trying to maintain full alertness while the attackers are droning everything out with no concern for the clock.

Compsiox

Banned
So....they broke the first Twitch drone shot, then they made the crosshair disappear, and now it's not being fixed until patch 5.2 which will take 2 weeks to a month.

God damn. They've never been so awful. They at least addressed critical bugs quickly in the past.

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
The new timer puts time more on the side of the defenders, which makes sense to me. It makes all the traps more powerful. It makes roamers less necessary. It puts pressure on the attackers to find the objective quickly, formulate a plan and choose decent spawns. It makes it so as a defender you're not peeking a spot for 2 minutes straight trying to maintain full alertness while the attackers are droning everything out with no concern for the clock.

This is all valid, but I think the time changes swing too much in favor of the defenders. Time will tell.

bigDave

i lol every time i read the defenders thing about new timer.

Almost all defenders does spawnkill and comes out of the building.

How can attackers rush?

I just don't get the (casual) community in this game at times. I was playing last night with 2 friends. After waiting almost 10 minutes, we finally get into the game. As soon as the game began, someone on the opposite team killed 3 of his team mates then got kicked.

After a short few rounds, things seemed to go well.

About 15 minutes or so later, one of my friends was voted to be kicked for no reason. We just assume the other 2 wanted to invite a friend.

They didn't get enough votes to kick. So as soon as the next match began, one of the guys straight up killed my friend.

The 3 of us let it ride. The next round..same thing. So the 3 of us bail.

We then waited for a few minutes...then tried again. To our luck/astonishment, we we put back in with the same 2 morons. As soon as the game began, they killed all 3 of us...the proceeded to teabag us.

OG Kush

i lol every time i read the defenders thing about new timer.

Almost all defenders does spawnkill and comes out of the building.

How can attackers rush?

I have noticed this aswell. This essentially makes the rounds 2.30. Even less time. Someone else mentioned this aswell, to make defenders stronger it shouldn't necessarily be upto the time to balance it. It should be with how they balance actualy gameplay elements.

Tbh I think 3:30 would the ideal time.

I fee like all of the DLC maps are really overdesigned. Like they don't need some crazy theme for me, just keep it simple. My favourite maps are Hereford Base, House and Chalet. Just want more like that. Haven't played much of Skyscraper yet but it's not grabbing me.

OG Kush

I fee like all of the DLC maps are really overdesigned. Like they don't need some crazy theme for me, just keep it simple. My favourite maps are Hereford Base, House and Chalet. Just want more like that. Haven't played much of Skyscraper yet but it's not grabbing me.

I get that. Yacht and the desert map I think are fine. This new map though, maybe I need to play it more, but it feels so confusing to me. Especially from outside. I have no idea what part of the building I'm entering from the outside. Even the inside is bloody confusing.

Grady

When are the new operators unlocking for us non season pass plebs?

Was suppose to be the Thursday. I think they said they were delaying that release now because Hibana was broken for most of the week for season pass owners. I would expect it for next week.

Grady

Problem with skyscraper is that with the 3 minute timer defenders are way more aggressive and its to easy for operators to jump on the small ass balcony outside and kill you while you're peaking.

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
Was suppose to be the Thursday. I think they said they were delaying that release now because Hibana was broken for most of the week for season pass owners. I would expect it for next week.

Noooooo

Problem with skyscraper is that with the 3 minute timer defenders are way more aggressive and its to easy for operators to jump on the small ass balcony outside and kill you while you're peaking.

Yep, shorter round times encourage defenders to harass and shut down attackers early when it's viable.

andycapps

Claymores help with protecting your flanks here. Also, getting inside quicker would probably help too.

Grady

Claymores help with protecting your flanks.

I know, but a lot of my random team mates don't. I don't even do rank now without 5 players I know. The amount of quitting and team killing is astonishing right now. It's almost every game, which I wouldn't mind so much if losing didn't mean ranking down a full level now. Spawn killing is a problem now though. It forces attackers to stay back and watch windows and approach slow. Problem with this is that by the time you get into the building sometimes there is only 2 minutes or less left. The other day the whole other team was just spraying outside. Not necessarily peaking and trying to get kills. Just forcing the other team to fight from outside the building knowing it will eat the clock and force a sloppy rush. The whole game dynamic has changed with that minute loss.

Detox

lol you basically just wrote "git gud".

Nah b, I know it's tempting to get into a good spot but as soon as you know the objective location even if it is spotting enemies on that floor you shouldn't try to force to keep your drone on the same floor as the defenders. Put it on a different floor if anyone roams you'll see them or you just saved an extra drone and basically got two wallhacks for the round.

Saving your drone in the prep phase is probably more important than locating the objective. You can find the objective later and in ranked it'll be in the usual spots for the first couple rounds anyway. Also if you have two drones it's more likely you'll have a spare drone to watch the bomb or objective with if you plant or are holding a certain spot.

AllGamer

Okay, after playing more matches I think the 3 minutes are fine. Just had to adjust to it. Now, defending and attacking seems more balanced.

So I bought this because it's on sale for $20ish on PSN and I did most of the situations or whatever they're called and bought some operators and jumped into matchmaking.

I've played 3 or 4 matches I think so far and this has been my experience;
-one hard crash
-two matchmaking errors
-first game I got into I was team killed instantly
-second round of first game half the enemy team was killing each other
-second game was join in progress on final round, instant defeat
-third game people on my team were on mics giving me shit for being low level
-fourth game was actually normal, but it was a stomping loss

This feels like the most unfriendly multiplayer game I've ever tried. And I feel like I'm the only person online who isn't level 150.

Help! I want to give this game a proper shot because so many people have said it's great.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
So I bought this because it's on sale for $20ish on PSN and I did most of the situations or whatever they're called and bought some operators and jumped into matchmaking.

-one hard crash
-two matchmaking errors

This feels like the most unfriendly multiplayer game I've ever tried. And I feel like I'm the only person online who isn't level 150.

Help! I want to give this game a proper shot because so many people have said it's great.

This game has always been a bit buggy but specially right now since Ubisoft fucked up a patch, it sucks but we can only wait until they patch it. Also yeah the community specially in casual can be a bit toxic, it is what it is, personally i try to stick with ranked games but that's not a n option in your case right now. I can play with you and show you the ropes if you want, i have a mic but i'm not the greatest player so i dunno.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Man, after playing a bunch of Killing Floor 2, which has absolutely perfect analog controls, coming back to Siege feels floaty and loose.

Feels bad man.

Most developers really do suck at analog settings. I wish it was standard for console shooters to have a bunch of sliders for acceleration, deadzone, etc instead of just one "sensitivity" setting.

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member

-one hard crash
-two matchmaking errors

Actively seek out someone to play with - I played the first 20 hours solo and was wondering why the hell I bought the game. Having at least one teammate on board is a gamechanger.

-one hard crash
-two matchmaking errors

Yep, that sounds like Rainbow Six Seige.

As for the other two issues, playing with friends is a must. The community for this game is mostly fucking appalling.

Yep, that sounds like Rainbow Six Seige.

As for the other two issues, playing with friends is a must. The community for this game is mostly fucking appalling.

There are only two ways Rainbow Six Siege matches can make me rage quit.

OJGGJDa.gif

2. https://mobile.twitter.com/PotentiallyReal/status/800977263265071106/video/1

Disgraced

I really hope they don't ruin Valk and the other female characters' designs like they did Twitch's because of shitty, sexist memes on the subreddit.

Dalibor68

Banned
I really hope they don't ruin Valk and the other female characters' designs like they did Twitch's because of shitty, sexist memes on the subreddit.

How was it ruined and what sexist memes? I'm quite active in that subreddit so I must have missed them. The new Twitch looks good imo and afaik they redesigned it because they added mask-free headgear. Also it kinda balances out because Valkyrie's ingame model looks a bit like a hillbilly with the worst teeth and not like her card at all.

Disgraced

How was it ruined and what sexist memes? I'm quite active in that subreddit so I must have missed them. The new Twitch looks good imo and afaik they redesigned it because they added mask-free headgear. Also it kinda balances out because Valkyrie's ingame model looks a bit like a hillbilly with the worst teeth and not like her card at all.
Everybody in the world can look "a bit like a hillbilly with the worst teeth" with the right angle. 6/10 times somebody posts a "derp face" it's Valkyrie, 3/10 times it's a woman, and ever-so occasionally it's Buck. Oh wait, and sometimes they call Capitão "Shrek." Why? Because he has a big nose and color? Maybe I should also say racist.

This is bad? Seriously?

2BuwJ0r.jpg

And they didn't need to completely redesign Twitch and give her impractical makeup for that mask-free headgear. The texture on her balaclava was bad, obviously. Too shiny, too leathery. Her character design was quite good. They could've reverted that and modeled the rest of her face the same way they did Frost. If something is to be done, the reason characters ever make silly faces at all looks like it has something to do with the facial animation not the models themselves. But what do I know? According to the upvotes over-sexualization is the answer.

Disgraced

Digitally scoff at me if you will but frankly I think at least part of the reason why Valkryie's face is constantly made fun of is because she's cut and in her portrait she's flexing like Rosie the god damn Riveter. A lot of people out there hate feminism and strong women make them even sicker. Dank memes of her facial animation at odd, close angles are just another kind of defensive, suppressive insult.

Dalibor68

Banned
Jesus Christ you are projecting so much into this that isn't there and only you are seeing. The shrek comparisons aren't racist in the least, he literally looks similar to him which is why they compared him to it in a loving and joking manner, not because they thought "Hah all blacks have big noses!". You are reaching so much it hurts. And how in gods name is this "over-sexualization":

-Deimos

Jesus Christ you are projecting so much into this that isn't there and only you are seeing. The shrek comparisons aren't racist in the least, he literally looks similar to him which is why they compared him to it in a loving and joking manner, not because they thought "Hah all blacks have big noses!". You are reaching so much it hurts. And how in gods name is this "over-sexualization":

Doesn't mean it's the end of the world, but the new makeup is pretty ridiculous.

Disgraced

Well, I don't really find "in a loving and joking manner" to be a compelling excuse for what could be problematic behavior. But regarding that all I have is theory (or a lack of time to elaborate on Thanksgiving), obviously. As for something more conclusive—Twitch is definitely thinner, her ass seems to portude further, and I already brought up the makeup. Traits I certainly see as more stereotypically sexual than before. And I think that's unneccesary and potentially hamrful. In any case, I agree; you don't see it.

Top Bottom