• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

This fucking game. How is it not getting more hype? It's basically CS meets SWAT 4.

First two betas soured everyone on it, I think...which is a shame, because it probably prevented people from playing the last Open Beta, which showed they had righted the ship.

Anyone else got a Moderate NAT type? I've forwarded ports, set my PC into DMZ zone, disabled antivirus. Put it through my windows firewall, next im gonna put it through my window in a fit of rage.

I had the same problem and a simple restart of the game fixed it. It would happen on BLOPS3 too. Always just closing and starting the game up would fix it.

The last Rainbow Six game I played was Vegas which I pumped over 500 hrs into.

Would this be as addictive? Similar design?

I played a ton of Vegas too and this really isn't anything like it. It's more Ravenshield than Vegas. No 3rd Person, No Cover. Only 2 game modes, One Life 5v5 or THunt. It's great, just nothing like Vegas.

It's proper Rainbow Six.

jesu

I bought all of Titanfall, Halo 5, Destiny, Black Ops 3 and Rainbow Six for my multiplayer FPS fix lol.

Lol, I've had my fill of Titanfall and Destiny but thank fuck I'm not a COD fan.
It would just be another FPS multiplayer I had not enough time for!

Anyone else have a problem where the game says its using the Intel integrated graphics instead of the GPU? Everything is set to high and its utilizing 1.2gb of video ram so it's using my GPU but says Intel graphics. It's annoying.

Pachimari

That's even worse, I can barely manage 2 multiplayer games at a time, never mind all of them!
Good luck picking your favourite, they're all ace in one way or another.
Yeah, unfortunately I have to put aside some games, at least for a while. So right now I'll just be focusing on FIFA 16, DriveClub and Rainbow Six: Siege.

Tomorrow I plan on completing all of the situations to gain more Renowns and then bang you guys online.

smashism

added a bunch of people from the spreadsheet. i tend to play super late at night on the west coast for any of you night owls out there.

my ubi pc name is smashism

213372bu

Banned
Was at the bank map.

Team is either dead or running around the top of the map for no reason.

Blew through the trap door into the elevator where the hostage was.

Hit up three headshots and left one injured.

Hostage is only a few meters away and with minutes to spare.

Protective shield is in front of door, blocking my chance to move past it, and unable to go back up.

Got stuck in there as time ran out and the enemy camps hostage safely.

--

They need to fix some gameplay elements like being able to remove shields imo.

Keihart

Was at the bank map.

Team is either dead or running around the top of the map for no reason.

Blew through the trap door into the elevator where the hostage was.

Hit up three headshots and left one injured.

Hostage is only a few meters away and with minutes to spare.

Protective shield is in front of door, blocking my chance to move past it, and unable to go back up.

Got stuck in there as time ran out and the enemy camps hostage safely.

--

They need to fix some gameplay elements like being able to remove shields imo.

You can vault over shields, i've done it.

Edit: I do wish that attackers could rappel up holes in the ceiling...and DOORS! it would be so cool if they add doors to the maps or maps with doors.

213372bu

Banned

Edit: I do wish that attackers could rappel up holes in the ceiling...and DOORS! it would be so cool if they add doors to the maps or maps with doors.

You can vault over shields, but not when a door frame is a certain height or other specifications like if it is in a corner right.

For example, the elevator door is tight height-wise because it is suppose to be broken, so when the protective shield is at that particular place, you just become stuck.

After losing three games in a row in casual, I really appreciate the addition of terrorist hunt to this game. Helps take frustration out of the game.

You can vault over shields, but not when a door frame is a certain height or other specifications like if it is in a corner right.

For example, the elevator door is tight height-wise because it is suppose to be broken, so when the protective shield is at that particular place, you just become stuck.

Ohhh that's a smart way to block that path! I'll use that next time instead of using a reinforcement on the hatch (Less time wasted walking up and down)

jelly

Not one for watching people play but this game is great to watch. I'll have to pick it up soon. Also, hold my hands up and say the game came together and looks tense, fun and fresh. I didn't think much of it before and light on content made me think get it out the door and make anything but looks like a neat gem in the end. Hope Ubisoft keep it good.

Keihart

I have tried blocking some entrances with the shield, and that particular one too, but always could vault them, i guess there is a angle or especific place that it gets glitched.

Vaulting in general gets glithced, i was playing with a gaffer the other day and he got glitched in to the ceiling of the building, then he proceeded to kill all the defenders left in some kind of god mode, pretty horrible and hilarious at the same time...

iMax

Top tip.

Turn aim assist off. If you're switching between Terrorist Hunt and MP a lot, you'll benefit from the practice seeing as it's disabled in multiplayer.

Also turn your ADS sensitivity down.

These two things have improved my gameplay so much.

I have tried blocking some entrances with the shield, and that particular one too, but always could vault them, i guess there is a angle or especific place that it gets glitched.

Vaulting in general gets glithced, i was playing with a gaffer the other day and he got glitched in to the ceiling of the building, then he proceeded to kill all the defenders left in some kind of god mode, pretty horrible and hilarious at the same time...

I still gotta cut the video down lol, but I don't wanna share my voice, cause it doesn't has yours in, so it's just me screaming and laughing like an idiot hahahahaha

Keihart

I still gotta cut the video down lol, but I don't wanna share my voice, cause it doesn't has yours in, so it's just me screaming and laughing like an idiot hahahahaha

I believe my capture doesn't have any voiceover, i'll check it out tomorrow night and upload it. It's was really funny, good
bad
stuff

M_A_C

Top tip.

Turn aim assist off. If you're switching between Terrorist Hunt and MP a lot, you'll benefit from the practice seeing as it's disabled in multiplayer.

Also turn your ADS sensitivity down.

These two things have improved my gameplay so much.

Is aim assist off on console multiplayer also?

You can't always vault over them if they're placed correctly in a door way. It's a bit silly but yeah.

King_Moc

Banned
Hostage mode adds such an interesting dynamic to the game when your trying to trick them into attacking the hostage. And trying to blitz your way in when you're attacking.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Hostage mode adds such an interesting dynamic to the game when your trying to trick them into attacking the hostage. And trying to blitz your way in when you're attacking.

I love trying to trick the defenders into shooting the hostage pre-game by jumping around with the little roller drone. It tends to make them very afraid of pulling the trigger, at least!

Excellent game, just finished playing my first real session and have really began to get my aiming down and become accustomed to the flow and movement of the game.

Very happy, been a long time a legit good tactical shooters has been on console.

It's tight, full of tension and atmosphere.

Archpath1

I love trying to trick the defenders into shooting the hostage pre-game by jumping around with the little roller drone. It tends to make them very afraid of pulling the trigger, at least!

Yea distracted a guy defending hostage while his team was in a fire fight lol
Rolling around hostage, jumping at his feet
Good stuuff

Smokes are crazy , cant see crap
I throw 3 in fill the room with smoke , charge in

To reiterate how surprisingly good this game turned out, it is a multiplayer only $60 game by Ubisoft that requires uPlay and is still sitting at 'Very Positive' reviews on Steam.

Its better than Vegas. If you like tactical shooters its a must buy imo.

I'll respectfully disagree. Vegas was definitely more fun in my opinion, and had more to offer.

Siege is a good game, and if you like tactical shooters it would be a good guy, but it's not great and has some issues, plus is a bit lacking right now.

Rook+Doc is the dream team.

Also, Rook functions well without Doc, but the opposite isn't true.

We should go castle mute bandit jager and rook during a hostage match or secure.
Castle to barricade all windows and doors. With mute blocking the breaches and cluster grenades. Bandit also to prevent thermite. Jager to limit the cluster grenades in case it happens. Rook just for armor of course. Create the impenetrable room loll

EricGRIT09

Neo Member
I'll respectfully disagree. Vegas was definitely more fun in my opinion, and had more to offer.

Siege is a good game, and if you like tactical shooters it would be a good guy, but it's not great and has some issues, plus is a bit lacking right now.

The game is great and Vegas wasn't as fun.

Mentok

Banned
Okay, I finally got this game. PS4GAF add me (east coast, put my info in the spreadsheet). the last time I played a game that made me feel like this was when I was in competitive CS...and to hear that the servers are not as big of an issue, just sold me on getting it ASAP. Looking forward to playing with you all!

Drewfonse

Had a ton of fun tonight, got destroyed most of the time, but still contributed and had a blast. Very tense.

I'm thinking of unlocking Fuze next. I think I need a shield. I lose 90% of CQBs.

Top Bottom