• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

Situations on Realistic are no joke. I think I'm on the 5th one and damn it's taken a lot of attempts on a couple of them to get this far.

speaking of situations - anyone ace one and got two or three stars on the first attempt?

The only one I did that on was the aircraft.

I probably suck but only failing from one to many times gives me enough of a jump on the enemy, especially in the situations - like the electronics expert one - where the AI lurks in the shadows and waits for you.

Sometimes the enemy seem to come equipped with a wall hack.

5taquitos

I spent $60 on Battlefront and blew my Winter game load, I hope this maintains a good population (PS4) so I can jump in early next year. All of these positive reactions have me drooling.

At least for me, this has been the worst night in terms of latency. I literally died 3 or 4 times tonight where it looked like my guy had a heartattack, only for the replay to show someone walking dead in front of me, square me up, and shoot me.

Also, they need to tone down the headshots. I can't believe this many people are fantastic at 50 yard panic headshots with SMGs. I feel like Im first shot, headshotted like.... 75% of the time recently.

Still loving the fuck out of the game though.

Played all night with my friends, had a full team. Have not had this much fun in a game like this since SOCOM 2. We were on a roll, our teamwork kept getting better and better with each game.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Finally got everything squared away and time to sit down and play. Added my name to the spreadsheet and added everybody on PC in the USA.

Time to get infiltrating!

Bullitus

Absolutely loving the game and I haven't even touched the multiplayer yet. I've only played Situations and Terrorist Hunt (with a friend) and even that has been a blast. Just unlocked Fuze and damn, that cluster grenade thingy is just a fantastic way to clear a room. It's great to use that and see points flying from dead enemies.

The networking is absolutely terrible. Not to mention a lot of people got their fill from the multiple public and closed testing events.

My biggest issue is every match is a 3-0 blowout. Either you're on the team getting stomped, or you are stomping a team.

I rarely feel like theres any comebacks, close matches, or chances of a comeback.

Pachimari

I played my first online match, which were with randoms, and that one were a 2-2 and a last round which we won 3-2. My team were crap though, including myself. I'll go back to Situations for today.

How high is people's FPS? Mine only goes up to 30fps.

reckless

not my experience at all. Had a ton of amazing close call games.

Yeah, a lot of my games end up as "comeback victory" or "heartbreaking defeat".

I'm really surprised, played the Alpha and didn't really care for it, but now this is probably my favorite shooter in years.

Played a few hours yesterday with a coworker. I am pleasently surprised with the game. But what irritates me is disbalance in form of absence of assault rifles for defenders. I guess PDWs are fine, but man I'd love me some good ol' rifle.

Bru

Tactical co-op games are my favourite genre by far (I was one of the few who adored Evolve) so I'm desperate to get stuck into Seige but a combination of black Friday sales and present buying have ruined my wallet. I'll be sitting it out until pay day on the 15th and the wait is killing me.

While I try my best to be patient I have to decide what console format to play on. Are there any comparisons out there? I've checked Digital Foundry and NX Gamer and there's nothing regarding the final release.

Any advice would be appreciated!

jay23

Played a few hours yesterday with a coworker. I am pleasently surprised with the game. But what irritates me is disbalance in form of absence of assault rifles for defenders. I guess PDWs are fine, but man I'd love me some good ol' rifle.

Yea submachine guns are kind of weak, you have to be smart about who you challenge. I wonder how the game would play if defenders were allowed asault rifles.

MJLord

Yea submachine guns are kind of weak, you have to be smart about who you challenge. I wonder how the game would play if defenders were allowed asault rifles.

I honestly wished they'd scrapped operators and just made the abilities something you selected at the start of a round

MJLord

Or you could just play csgo

Just accept that siege is a different game in 2015

Easy on the defensive.

I'd prefer not to be locked out of my entire loadout when someone takes the operator I wanted. Or for that matter because of my choice of operator I'm locked out of kit loadout I would like.

It's unnecessary restriction in my opinion.

On ps4 is it really 60fps and 30fps for terrorist hunt? because I tried lone wolf and it honestly didn't seem different to situations ..then I played destiny and it felt the same too, lol.
But mgsv feels super smooth. Maybe my personal fps counter is broken.

Sectus

On ps4 is it really 60fps and 30fps for terrorist hunt? because I tried lone wolf and it honestly didn't seem different to situations ..then I played destiny and it felt the same too, lol.
But mgsv feels super smooth. Maybe my personal fps counter is broken.

Competitive is the mode which is 60fps. Terrorist hunt and situations are both 30fps.

Add me on uplay; justinrom

Game is fun when it works (lobby hangs aren't as frequent as beta, but still occur). Netcode is okay, I still get killed behind brick walls sometimes when strafing.

Lookin' for adventure...

8QLDeHn.jpg

ridin' on the highway!

8TzOAAz.jpg

Easy on the defensive.

I'd prefer not to be locked out of my entire loadout when someone takes the operator I wanted. Or for that matter because of my choice of operator I'm locked out of kit loadout I would like.

It's unnecessary restriction in my opinion.

restrictions are what make games different. Rules make the game different. If you could just decide the rules you wanted to play it would be playground bs. I think people should embrace different rules era as envisioned by the designers

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Ridiculous
I went through them and only 4 are actually moving at any time with any computation. mostly its npcs standing around. It's rare to see more than 3 on screen at a time which is less than MP.

You must not have done a bomb diffuse on the harder difficulties. On PC they are running around like crazy.

restrictions are what make games different. Rules make the game different. If you could just decide the rules you wanted to play it would be playground bs. I think people should embrace different rules era as envisioned by the designers

This. Furthermore, if you're playing with a good team, you can ask them to change loadouts. A lot of people I've met on the PC version are friendly enough to do this, even randoms.

MJLord

The restrictions on kit choice is at odds with the ability to coordinate with my team members to provide a varied loadout.

I'll concede that the choice in weapon, sidearm and grenade/special might always lead to people selecting the same choices. But in a coordinated team that choice is paramount to being able to create the loadouts you need and cannot do with this current system.

I'm not asking to go back to the "good ol' days" I'm criticizing the decision to lock the whole loadout away just because they wanted to do special gadgets (which I love).

A system I envision that would work better would be one similar to COD where you spend points on your loadout. At the start of a round you pick your special gadget with the same 1 per team limit we have now. This way keeps loadouts balanced (in theory) and keeps the limitation of 1 gadget per team. But now players can build a loadout they are comfortable with and are able to change that loadout to be compatible with other team members.

The restrictions on kit choice is at odds with the ability to coordinate with my team members to provide a varied loadout.

I'll concede that the choice in weapon, sidearm and grenade/special might always lead to people selecting the same choices. But in a coordinated team that choice is paramount to being able to create the loadouts you need and cannot do with this current system.

I'm not asking to go back to the "good ol' days" I'm criticizing the decision to lock the whole loadout away just because they wanted to do special gadgets (which I love).

A system I envision that would work better would be one similar to COD where you spend points on your loadout. At the start of a round you pick your special gadget with the same 1 per team limit we have now. This way keeps loadouts balanced (in theory) and keeps the limitation of 1 gadget per team. But now players can build a loadout they are comfortable with and are able to change that loadout to be compatible with other team members.

Well I think your issue is with the UI, with not being able to coordinate what is best for your team. This is a common complaint on the r6 siege Reddit. However, this can be overcome with voice chat

Generally, pretty good A.I as well.
I still don't get it the AI isn't good and always follows simple patterns, where it seems to surprise it is often given an assist that doesn't tie with a realistic sight line.
Whomever programmed the AI pribably said: sorry guys, it has to be this slow, don't worry it's just a tutorial nobody will care. But terrorist hunt would have some co-op legs if it was 60fps.

I love cod and I've bought each one , but I believe that letting players "pick 10" and letting players pick whatever they want leads to very monotone and self-minded game play. Siege is in a unique position that you actually need to know what your teammates and opposition is planning for. I hate to say this but it reminds me of a fps dota/lol. You decide what you want to do at the start of the game and you vey damn well play your position.

My biggest issue is every match is a 3-0 blowout. Either you're on the team getting stomped, or you are stomping a team.

I rarely feel like theres any comebacks, close matches, or chances of a comeback.

I have had loads of Comebacks and HFVs. I love how the game actually tells you "you overcame all odds" or "you fought tooth-and-nail for this" with those titles. There is nothing more rewarding than winning a match 3v2, down to the final man.

Sidenote: my Uplay username is "Triscuitable" (as usual). Hit me up on PC sometime.

Keihart

I love cod and I've bought each one , but I believe that letting players "pick 10" and letting players pick whatever they want leads to very monotone and self-minded game play. Siege is in a unique position that you actually need to know what your teammates and opposition is planning for. I hate to say this but it reminds me of a fps dota/lol. You decide what you want to do at the start of the game and you vey damn well play your position.

I agree with this analogy a lot, it is like choosing champions in a lot of ways. Limiting each operator lodauts also helps balancing each gadget. As an example, the lack of assault rifles on defenders is probably to give the attackers advantage on mid/long range.

In fact, since defenders can camp, they have the advange so attackers have better guns and gadgets in general because of it.

Pulse's heart beat monitor would be pretty OP as a attackers gadget for example, as a defender is good but you put yourself in a lot of risk too.

Defenders with shields would be crazy too, or having 4 mounted LMGs, etc

The operators setup, basically serves as a balancing tool and as team building tool too since you can know pretty fast what your team mates cand do.

Everdred

I just had the most incredible Ranked match. We went into overtime back and forth for the maximum rounds and just barely came out with a win. It took so much coordination to pull it off, very rewarding. I'm absolutely in love with this game.

Top Bottom