• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

Drewfonse

Do I need uplay to play online? I'm having trouble accessing my account. It keeps saying invalid email address when I enter it on the uplay website. I'm getting my copy of the game today and I don't want this bullshit to ruin it.

I could not get into this game at all during the beta. I thought it was slow and clunky and the shooting didn't feel right. After playing for a bit the past few nights, I'm starting to really come around on it. It's really, really fun

Akronis

Do I need uplay to play online? I'm having trouble accessing my account. It keeps saying invalid email address when I enter it on the uplay website. I'm getting my copy of the game today and I don't want this bullshit to ruin it.

Yes UPlay is required.

jesu

Have you tried creating an account using that email address?

AberLink

Want to pick this up on PC cause of the better image quality but wondering if randoms are using mics?

or should I just grab the Xbone version if I want to talk to people?

I've ran into some people using mics, but a lot are typing. It was silent in one room until I started talking. My guess is hit or miss on PC.

Drewfonse

Have you tried creating an account using that email address?

Yeah,its weird. I was able to log into uplay just now by choosing to log in via xbox live on the uplay website. But the email adress is not valid any more. So I tried to change it, but they send the reset email to the non existent email address, lol.

I had no problems with AC Syndicate recently, though. I think it automatically logged me in when I connected to xbox live.Is that right? The accounts are linked. I'm just wondering when I turn on Siege, if I'm logged into Live, will I auto log in to uplay?

Either way, it still says invalid email address when I use my newer email, even when I'm trying to create a new acct. And I've checked to make sure that the spelling and .com are correct.

Thanks!

Keihart

I can finally post in this thread !
was banned during launch :x

What a great MP game, i've had lots of fun, and outsmarting your enemies feels super satisfiying.

My favorite atacker might be Blitz or Thermite, and defenders i think Pulse, even if i haven't used him since beta, wanted to try them all first.

I rescued a hostage as Blitz and it felt so awesome, love the moment to moment gameplay.

https://youtu.be/Xu84h3mTNx8

Pachimari

You guys are convincing me, so I'll probably pay up before the night. I just want all of the PC players in here on my Steam friend list (and uPlay friend list if necessary), so I have a set group of people I can play and talk with.

Valkrai

You guys are convincing me, so I'll probably pay up before the night. I just want all of the PC players in here on my Steam friend list (and uPlay friend list if necessary), so I have a set group of people I can play and talk with.

You'll need to have them on uplay lol.

Having a group for ranked would be nice.

Pachimari

You'll need to have them on uplay lol.

Having a group for ranked would be nice.

If people have the Steam version (I know it's uPlay for real), I would like to have them on my Steam friend list as well, where I can sort and organize them. But yeah, I'll have to add them to uPlay as well.

Bethell

Desperate for some good team mates on PC. Use the spreadsheet!

If people have the Steam version (I know it's uPlay for real), I would like to have them on my Steam friend list as well, where I can sort and organize them. But yeah, I'll have to add them to uPlay as well.

there's a spreadsheet link in the OP that lists people's Uplay name...you can add yours to that as well

jesu

Yeah,its weird. I was able to log into uplay just now by choosing to log in via xbox live on the uplay website. But the email adress is not valid any more. So I tried to change it, but they send the reset email to the non existent email address, lol.

I had no problems with AC Syndicate recently, though. I think it automatically logged me in when I connected to xbox live.Is that right? The accounts are linked. I'm just wondering when I turn on Siege, if I'm logged into Live, will I auto log in to uplay?

Either way, it still says invalid email address when I use my newer email, even when I'm trying to create a new acct. And I've checked to make sure that the spelling and .com are correct.

Thanks!

Yeah I would think so, if AC Syndicate worked.
Uplay Club on the xbox just logs you in using your Xbox account.

I take it you changed the email account tied to your xbox live account at some point and uplay can't handle that properly?

Pachimari

Wow, there's lots of PC players on that spreadsheet, I love it. Is it possible to sort friends on uPlay and give people nicknames so I know who they are on GAF? I guess I'll check it out when I get home.

Anyone looking for group play on PC, hit me up. UPlay tag is "makeitawkward"
I have sent you a request. I'm Marialtha.

Drewfonse

Yeah I would think so, if AC Syndicate worked.
Uplay Club on the xbox just logs you in using your Xbox account.

I take it you changed the email account tied to your xbox live account at some point and uplay can't handle that properly?

It's freaking confusing. But as long as it recognized me via live when I played syndicate, and it must have, I should be ok. But there is definitely some sort of glitch going on.

Valkrai

Wow, there's lots of PC players on that spreadsheet, I love it. Is it possible to sort friends on uPlay and give people nicknames so I know who they are on GAF? I guess I'll check it out when I get home.

I have sent you a request. I'm Marialtha.

Sent you two friend requests.

gtx 660 and i5 2500k.

16gb ram.

am I able to run this super smooth or nah?
I'd say so. Turn a few of the more demanding settings down and I'd bet you'd be able to maintain 60 easily. Check benches first though.
This is the only game I've played (recently, at least) that I refuse to play without headphones, too. Soundscape is just too important.

With my headphones I feel like goddamn Daredevil listening for people. Audio is a treat in this game. And Glaz's gun is pants poopingly awesome sounding. Shit is super intimidating to hear go off.

Menthuss

Just had a teammate kill the hostage twice in a row. I don't even think he was doing it on purpose, he was just being incredibly stupid. First he mows down the hostage after breaching a wall (I guess he thought it was an enemy) and the second time he shotgunned the hostage while trying to shoot a drone.

Clydebink

Neo Member
So if I put Mute's router at the middle seam of two reinforced walls, does it block Thermite from both of them, one of them, or none of them?
Also, my understanding is that the routers will keep folks from breaching a trap-door directly above, is this correct?

Akronis

Just had a teammate kill the hostage twice in a row. I don't even think he was doing it on purpose, he was just being incredibly stupid. First he mows down the hostage after breaching a wall (I guess he thought it was an enemy) and the second time he shotgunned the hostage while trying to shoot a drone.

There are some REALLY terrible awful people at this game unfortunately. It can be really obnoxious when your teammates are complete air heads.

They should force people to watch those tutorials.

I play on PC with a buddy and use a mic. Need GAF dudes/dudettes!

Steam name: No Life King

UPlay: KeiserSosay

Btw, do you gain renown from customs?

Edit: Just saw the spreadsheet. Looking forward to playing.

jesu

Between this Star Wars and Halo I don't have enough multiplayer time that I would like but I've managed to play a few games of Terrorist Hunt tonight on Normal with randoms and it's still pretty ace.
If someone has a mic I listen to them if I can, but if not you can still fumble through each match having fun, sometimes winning.
Defending the hostage is my favourite.

Pachimari

Between this Star Wars and Halo I don't have enough multiplayer time that I would like but I've managed to play a few games of Terrorist Hunt tonight on Normal with randoms and it's still pretty ace..
I bought all of Titanfall, Halo 5, Destiny, Black Ops 3 and Rainbow Six for my multiplayer FPS fix lol.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Any SLI uses getting graphical errors?
What are you seeing?

I'm only single card, but I've found that playing too much with the graphical settings while in-game introduces weird shadow artefacts all over distant objects. Some of those options which say "you must restart the match before changes take effect" do actually change in-game but it seems that the potential for weirdness goes up.

Rad-

This fucking game. How is it not getting more hype? It's basically CS meets SWAT 4.

Btw all euro PS4 people add me. I'm in the spreadsheet. Still learning the ropes but I'm all for good teamwork.

Bethell

Anyone else got a Moderate NAT type? I've forwarded ports, set my PC into DMZ zone, disabled antivirus. Put it through my windows firewall, next im gonna put it through my window in a fit of rage.

Top Bottom