• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

LAM09

15 mins, I think. Or you can go play casual with no penalty.

That's nothing. It's getting annoying that so many online games don't have bigger punishments for quitters to try and deter them from doing the same thing on a regular basis.

OW is seemingly thinking of banning people for an entire season/or comp altogether if you leave games regularly. That really should be the norm.

That's nothing. It's getting annoying that so many online games don't have bigger punishments for quitters to try and deter them from doing the same thing on a regular basis.

OW is seemingly thinking of banning people for an entire season/or comp altogether if you leave games regularly. That really should be the norm.

Even so, OW gives you like insane 2-3 hour bans (at least that's the most Ive gotten).

Rainbow 6 needs that.

It also needs crossplay, and I think they are sort of worried about matchmaking if they start giving heavier bans

andycapps

Yeah it needs to be much more severe. 2 hour ban for leaving a ranked match for first offense within 7 days. 24 hours for second offense. Escalate from there.

LAM09

Even so, OW gives you like insane 2-3 hour bans (at least that's the most Ive gotten).

Rainbow 6 needs that.

It also needs crossplay, and I think they are sort of worried about matchmaking if they start giving heavier bans

Normally the first offence is 15 min ban plus losing 50SR. Not sure beyond that.

Yeah it needs to be much more severe. 2 hour ban for leaving a ranked match for first offense within 7 days. 24 hours for second offense. Escalate from there.

The fact it's been out for 1 year & a half with nothing stricter coming into place is very worrying. There shouldn't be any tolerance for it.

andycapps

The fact it's been out for 1 year & a half with nothing stricter coming into place is very worrying. There shouldn't be any tolerance for it.

I don't think they think it's an issue. It may not be as much of an issue at Plat and Diamond, but at levels of play with average players in Gold and Silver, it's definitely an issue.

Could be the already bad hit registration made worse by the new smaller hit boxes.
Though it wouldn't surprise me if the hit detection is just straight up worse now. Ubi will just blame it on "neck shots" again.
Imagine the third clip in this video but close range
http://youtu.be/AWTLLtT-rUk
They 100% should have been kills and I was robbed by ubisoft. I wish I was just bad and missed these easy kills but the game took that shit from me before I could even botch it myself

nOoblet16

Imagine the third clip in this video but close range
http://youtu.be/AWTLLtT-rUk
They 100% should have been kills and I was robbed by ubisoft. I wish I was just bad and missed these easy kills but the game took that shit from me before I could even botch it myself

The third one you are talking about looks like an obvious miss, the aim when the first shot was fired was at the bottom part of the window, not the character model. Remember that there is an angle to account for there since the person firing from a lower level and that can result in the bullet's line of fire being obstructed by the window if the aim is right at the edge which is how it seems there. Then the person fires 2 other shots as soon as the aim resets to the normal position after recoil, which is again the bottom part of the window.

The 2nd clip is a result of classic head glitching as a result of the angle, the defender could barely even see the player plus there is also the peeker's advantage to consider.

I donno what's going on the the first one.

The third one you are talking about looks like a miss, the aim when the first shot was fired was at the bottom part of the window, not the character model. Then the person fires 2 other shots as soon as the aim resets to the normal position after recoil, which is again the bottom part of the window.
Nvm I giffed it
giphy.gif

Honestly I've never laughed so hard at this game before that I had to take a breather for a second

nOoblet16

Nvm I giffed it
giphy.gif

Honestly I've never laughed so hard at this game before that I had to take a breather for a second

Is that the one from Kanal?
Cause that's what the third one is

Ok that seems to be your own clip, can you freeze and take a picture/screenshot at the exact moment the bullet is fired? Cause it just might be so that you are hitting the headphones and that is no longer part of the hitbox

Is that the one from Kanal?
Cause that's what the third one is

Ok that seems to be your own clip, can you freeze and take a picture/screenshot at the exact moment the bullet is fired? Cause it just might be so that you are hitting the headphones and that is no longer part of the hitbox
0.25x speed.
The first shot definitely goes to the middle of his head. His eyes are 100% not a part of his headgear yet the bullet passes straight through. The first gif was 0.5x speed btw for anyone wondering

Edit: Here's the original 0.5x speed without the weird black bar

They shouldn't have pushed out the hitbox changes without at least the accompanying audio/visual additions.

Because as it stands, 3 speed operators are way too good now. 3 armor operators were already being left in the dust but now I feel that picking one is just intentionally gimping yourself. Especially because extra armor has never been particularly advantageous given the speed trade off, but now your basically giving up speed plus smaller more deceptive hitboxes.

Jager has benefited the most this patch. Great gun, 3 speed, and now his helmet is entirely deceptive because the dudes rocking a tiny head underneath it all.

What a poorly thought out implementation of hitbox changes

They shouldn't have pushed out the hitbox changes without at least the accompanying audio/visual additions.

Because as it stands, 3 speed operators are way too good now. 3 armor operators were already being left in the dust but now I feel that picking one is just intentionally gimping yourself. Especially because extra armor has never been particularly advantageous given the speed trade off, but now your basically giving up speed plus smaller more deceptive hitboxes.

Jager has benefited the most this patch. Great gun, 3 speed, and now his helmet is entirely deceptive because the dudes rocking a tiny head underneath it all.

Yeah, as if Ash and Jager needed any kind of buff whatsoever. I can't believe they've been inadvertently buffed lol

CrayToes

Hey, remember when you got 10 more kills than me but I still finished above you? Fun times.

What are your favourite primaries ?

Mine are the F2 and 522 Commando. The F2 is just so satisfying to shoot and hit people with.

522 Commando followed by the 556xi. The 522 is a beast and the only reason I play IQ.

I'd put F2 up there if they fix the alignment issue for the ACOG.

Fury451

Banned
So they made this cool Vietnam looking skin for Blackbeard, and when they make a skin for his shield, they go with

Guerilla.

Why not "Front Toward Enemy" in small font across the top so it's actually something relevant to the look, and cool?

nOoblet16

It's annoying when every other ranked match has a dude or two running around with a XIM keyboard+mouse setup and dropshotting every second of every encounter.

It pretty much makes it incredibly difficult to progress through ranks in platinum and up because that one dude can be the difference between you winning a game or losing it. Even if he doesn't kill everyone he would be good at distracting and avoiding making it easier for his teammates to push.

manhack

It's annoying when every other ranked match has a dude or two running around with a XIM keyboard+mouse setup and dropshotting every second of every encounter.

It pretty much makes it incredibly difficult to progress through ranks in platinum and up because that one dude can be the difference between you winning a game or losing it. Even if he doesn't kill everyone he would be good at distracting and avoiding making it easier for his teammates to push.

Yeah the XIM stuff has soured my enjoyment of PS4 shooters. It has ruined one of the advantages of console play i.e. standardized hardware. I used to buy them to play with buddies, but it's hard to have fun when you know the guys are outplaying you because you are on a controller and they aren't.

Siege on PC is super fun at least.

Can't believe that in-matchmaking browsing of the store and operators came in the same update that has one-step matchmaking which doesn't give you enough time to even use that feature!

Rocketz

Started it up for the first time in months last night.
"Let's do some Terrorist Hunts to get warmed up as I'm a little rusty"
*Match starts, guy starts team killing people"
*Quits match, starts new one*
*Gets team killed on purpose a few minutes into the match*
"NVM let's just go into multiplayer"
*joins 5v5 match in progess. Ends in a 3v2*
*Starts new match, later up 2-1 and enemy team kills each other after one guy couldn't clutch it out in previous round in a 1v1. Win the match before the round even starts*

I see nothing has changed.

The game has the most enduring appeal of any FPS I've played since CoD4 I think, I might even have put more time into R6S now.

Having said that, riding out the twists and turns of the various patches and things that break and the changes to the meta as a result is a bit like watching your favourite sports team screw up over and over again

My favourite Rainbow Six video out there might be this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6t7rVF6Yfk

The game has the most enduring appeal of any FPS I've played since CoD4 I think, I might even have put more time into R6S now.

Having said that, riding out the twists and turns of the various patches and things that break and the changes to the meta as a result is a bit like watching your favourite sports team screw up over and over again

My favourite Rainbow Six video out there might be this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6t7rVF6Yfk

Gotta say, I've played a dozen odd hours since the patch dropped and I haven't experienced any problems. My friends and I feel the games in the best state it has been in a while and we've never had to wait more than 30s for a match which is a absolute GODSEND compared to often times 10 minute waits otherwise.

Gotta say, I've played a dozen odd hours since the patch dropped and I haven't experienced any problems. My friends and I feel the games in the best state it has been in a while and we've never had to wait more than 30s for a match which is a absolute GODSEND compared to often times 10 minute waits otherwise.

Honestly I'm kind of jumping on the bandwagon a little, I honestly didn't think the state of the game was bad enough to justify Operation Health at the expense of additional content. That said, I'm glad matchmaking is so improved. Only thing I don't like is the changes to Glaz

Disgraced

So... did...

did...

did... you guys see they released the SCORCHED headgear for the SAS during the UK's HEAT wave?... ha...

hahaha...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

AHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHA

HOO HOO HOO!

HUE HUE HUE...

RELEASE MORE UNIFORMS ALREADY YOU SKIMPY FUCKING ASSHOLES!

What in Jesus of Nazerath's name is the point of customization... personalization options if there are no options? Or only one other option? There's nothing personal about that. IQ, Buck, and Valk need to look FUCKING FABULOUS, OKAY?

Top Bottom