• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

My friend and I agreed to only use shotguns our whole session tonight and holy shit did we destroy. I don't think we even lost a match! The Spanish shotgun is pretty shit though; damage feels like it's a semi-auto but with the baggage of the pump action.

My friend and I agreed to only use shotguns our whole session tonight and holy shit did we destroy. I don't think we even lost a match! The Spanish shotgun is pretty shit though; damage feels like it's a semi-auto but with the baggage of the pump action.

Maybe a silly question but does the pellet spread tighten on a shotgun if you ADS?

I tend to use the SAS shotguns often but find them inconsistent, often doing like 90% damage at what should be one shot kill range. Don't use the GIGN or GSG9 shotguns

nOoblet16

Maybe a silly question but does the pellet spread tighten on a shotgun if you ADS?

I tend to use the SAS shotguns often but find them inconsistent, often doing like 90% damage at what should be one shot kill range. Don't use the GIGN or GSG9 shotguns
Yes ADS does reduce the spread but only marginally, the one noticeable advantage ADS has is that when you ADS, atleast one bullet will always land exactly where you are aiming so if it's a head then you'll end up getting a headshot.

Apart from that ADS doesn't do that much in spread reduction, there is a bigger reduction in spread when you mount a laser sight compared to not using laser sight (it's 25% reduction, the crosshair becomes smaller to indicate this and in siege the bullets NEVER land outside the crosshair ever).
https://m.imgur.com/t/gaming/tRVYD

The primary shotgun of Spanish operators is quite possibly the best shotgun in the game. The secondary shotgun is shit.

What nooblet said is true. Also laser sights improve hipfire accuracy.

The primary shotgun of Spanish operators is quite possibly the best shotgun in the game. The secondary shotgun is shit.

I thought so too when Velvet Shell dropped, but last night was a real nightmare. Got a few drops on people within 10m and a it often took 2-3 centre mass shots to kill them. Didn't thave that problem with SAS or GIGN pump actions. Idk, maybe it was attributable to something else.

I thought so too when Velvet Shell dropped, but last night was a real nightmare. Got a few drops on people within 10m and a it often took 2-3 centre mass shots to kill them. Didn't thave that problem with SAS or GIGN pump actions. Idk, maybe it was attributable to something else.

The shotguns are always iffy. All depends on how the pellets land, plus range. Personally I just slap a laser sight on them and only use hip fire.

You can go full shotgun scumbag too and hold 90 degree angles with some barb wire around the corner. Soon as you hear the barb, peek the corner.

nOoblet16

Enemy health and armour makes a lot of difference too. I've killed people 20m away with a shotgun, but because they had already taken damage before.

BHK3

Banned
How has operation health been going? Has it started? Been thinking of dusting off my uplay account and finally trying the game out but it didn't run that well back then and I heard of nothing but server problems, this was before Year 2 I believe was a thing.

Enemy health and armour makes a lot of difference too. I've killed people 20m away with a shotgun, but because they had already taken damage before.
Remember the good old days of the Super 90 shotgun prenerf? You could windows peek with it effectively and take people on 40-50 meters away

beta_fuse

How has operation health been going? Has it started? Been thinking of dusting off my uplay account and finally trying the game out but it didn't run that well back then and I heard of nothing but server problems, this was before Year 2 I believe was a thing.

I haven't seen a difference since Operation Health started a few weeks ago.

andycapps

Sounds like you're PC, so yes, the first patch is out. Console gets it Tuesday I think.

Server problems haven't been like that. Think it's safe to jump back in.

LAM09

Haven't touched the game in a number of months. Hope tomorrow's patch is a step in the right direction for console players.

Remember the good old days of the Super 90 shotgun prenerf? You could windows peek with it effectively and take people on 40-50 meters away

Those were the days. The Sniper 90.

I think shotguns are the hardest things for games to balance but they are usually the most fun when gotten right. AKA just balance it so it becomes the Gnasher is gears and everyone will use it and invent gameplay around it because it's so perfect.

The secondary shotgun of the spanish Ops is so bad that I just started taking the USP40 instead which is a really high damage pistol. It has a pretty hefty right leaning recoil though. The shotgun is terrible at what you actually need defender shotguns for which is remodeling and making sightlines for your team. It will waste an entire drone phase barely opening up a wall when I could get an entire room open if I had the m5901a or m870.

mf.luder

New patch today/tomorrow. It’s 19/20 right?

Anyway, when Packer isn’t hogging cavie I’ve been getting maybe 75-80% success rate on an interrogation each round. I’m pleased with it.

It’s already in the autobiography.

LAM09

New patch today/tomorrow. It’s 19/20 right?

Anyway, when Packer isn’t hogging cavie I’ve been getting maybe 75-80% success rate on an interrogation each round. I’m pleased with it.

It’s already in the autobiography.

I thought it was tomorrow, but a patch is live on PS4 now.

OG Kush

The secondary shotgun of the spanish Ops is so bad that I just started taking the USP40 instead which is a really high damage pistol. It has a pretty hefty right leaning recoil though. The shotgun is terrible at what you actually need defender shotguns for which is remodeling and making sightlines for your team. It will waste an entire drone phase barely opening up a wall when I could get an entire room open if I had the m5901a or m870.

Its not too bad at remodelling? Obviously, not as good as a primary shotgun, but alright I thought, especially for hatches and such. I saw it used in the pro league a fair bit too. But yeah, in terms of actual gun fights, its not the best.

nOoblet16

Am I dreaming? First the primary shotgun is apparently one of the best (it's shit), and now there are also USP40 apologists? What is happening to the world.

I don't even know what you're talking about man. The ITA12L has like double the damage of most other primary shotguns, it also has a very tight spread and those two things make it good at medium range. If you think it's shit then the only reason I can think of is that you are missing, even if you are absolutely sure you aren't missing.

Look at the range these guy gets people from...seems pretty great.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D802HLJ5QW4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iuZcnQ0Xdo

I don't even know what you're talking about man. The ITA12L has like double the damage of most other primary shotguns, it also has a very tight spread and those two things make it good at medium range. If you think it's shit then the only reason I can think of is that you are missing, even if you are absolutely sure you aren't missing.

Look at the range these guy gets people from...seems pretty great.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D802HLJ5QW4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iuZcnQ0Xdo

Thanks for the videos. They're both using a laser sight and generally trying to ADS, guess that would help. I will keep on trying to use it, but my experience doesn't reflect those videos. Always do much better with every other Shotgun, especially GIGN's.

nOoblet16

This one step matchmaking is so good !! Plus having matchmaking itself work on dedicated servers instead of P2P means none of that random disconnections mid matchmaking.

Thanks for the videos. They're both using a laser sight and generally trying to ADS, guess that would help. I will keep on trying to use it, but my experience doesn't reflect those videos. Always do much better with every other Shotgun, especially GIGN's.
Well ADS and laser sights are both important for getting range out of shutgun as it tightens the spread by about 30-35% plus ADS also makes sure that atleast one pellet hits exactly where you are aiming so it makes it far more reliable to getting shotgun headshots.

Without ADS and especially laser sight all shotguns are kind of poop at mid range because they become inconsistent.

For Mira, the shotgun secondary has some pretty great uses. Like shooting the dry wall off the outside of your Mira's in increase their FOV and making C4 holes.

It ain't no SAS shotgun tho, Smoke remains the king of remodelling homes.

The primary shotgun for Mira/Jackal has been great in my experience but it's hard to justify over their other much more versatile primaries.

nOoblet16

For Mira, the shotgun secondary has some pretty great uses. Like shooting the dry wall off the outside of your Mira's in increase their FOV and making C4 holes.

It ain't no SAS shotgun tho, Smoke remains the king of remodelling homes.

The primary shotgun for Mira/Jackal has been great in my experience but it's hard to justify over their other much more versatile primaries.
Why just smoke? Other SAS have the same shotgun.

And what Mira dry wall are you referring to?

Smoke can take a shotgun and the SMG11, whereas everyone else (apart from Echo) only have access to a pistol secondary.
Edit: In other words, you can use all your shotgun ammo on walls and hatches if necessary and still have the SMG11 as a primary weapon to use.

When you put a Mira on a reinforced wall, the soft/dry wall on the other side on the Mira/reinforcement partially blocks the view from the sides/beneath it. If you shoot it off with a shotgun then you'll see more through the Mira.

You can extend the vision of the mira walls by shotgunning the sides after its placed

Its also really great at little tricks. I saw a gif of someone making a shotgun hole above them on the wall, with a mirror beside them. They used it to toss c4 and get a kill

And u can get instant kills with the shotgun if you see someone running past your mirror and timing it right

Getting huge problems with hit registration after the last patch. Got a few recording on my playstation. I might upload them. It's pretty bad. The consistently bad hit registration is making me not want to play this game anymore. It's honestly as bad as it was at launch. They undid all of their progress abd I feel like operation health is a waste of time and just an excuse to gain attention so they can sell their alpha packs.

Getting huge problems with hit registration after the last patch. Got a few recording on my playstation. I might upload them. It's pretty bad. The consistently bad hit registration is making me not want to play this game anymore. It's honestly as bad as it was at launch. They undid all of their progress abd I feel like operation health is a waste of time and just an excuse to gain attention so they can sell their alpha packs.

Could be the already bad hit registration made worse by the new smaller hit boxes.
Though it wouldn't surprise me if the hit detection is just straight up worse now. Ubi will just blame it on "neck shots" again.

andycapps

5 in the morning and still finding matches in under 30 seconds, this one step matchmaking seems pretty sweet.
I've had a couple times across many games where it went to a minute or two but that is much more the exception than the rule now.

Also, it's nice you can't dodge now. Once you're matched, you can't back out.

Yeah, it sounds funny but I actually found it difficult to get much done in the Operators screen before a game was found. After the patch matchmaking is really fast.

Haven't had a chance to really see the other changes in action. Might play some Blitz this evening and see how I get on with the new hitboxes. Also want to see what its like attacking Kanal - Server Room with Fuze now that they blocked up one of the control room windows.

andycapps

Not really. I'd prefer the option to avoid players from the middle east when possible.
Das racist

That's more a problem with matchmaking times and them expanding the search to other regions when they can't find a matchup quickly. I'd prefer this to having people back out when they see your team is higher level.

One night last week though, it was the worst night I'd had in a while for different reasons. First two games we were matched up with players from Brazil with 200 ping (we're both sub 80 ping). Second game same thing. Next game 1 person on our team left, but we still almost won. Next game 3 people on our team left but we didn't want to get the penalty for leaving as well. Those were 4 straight losses due to no fault of our own.

LAM09

Das racist

That's more a problem with matchmaking times and them expanding the search to other regions when they can't find a matchup quickly. I'd prefer this to having people back out when they see your team is higher level.

One night last week though, it was the worst night I'd had in a while for different reasons. First two games we were matched up with players from Brazil with 200 ping (we're both sub 80 ping). Second game same thing. Next game 1 person on our team left, but we still almost won. Next game 3 people on our team left but we didn't want to get the penalty for leaving as well. Those were 4 straight losses due to no fault of our own.

Is there still no serious bans/timeouts for leaving games?

CrayToes

Das racist

I've been matched in with 200+ ping players fairly quickly quite a few times recently. I would HAPPILY wait a few minutes to get in to ranked matches with players closer to me.

You play a 40 minute ranked match and win 5-4 then get put straight in to a game with Q8-Dave and KSA-Steve and get rekt because they all have 300 ping and a 2 second peaking advantage.

Top Bottom