• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

I checked that glitch.
You can destroy it using IQ or Ash.

As IQ it'll pop up in your gadget and you can see and shoot it (check from 2:55)
https://youtu.be/eYLu2PRefKM

As Ash you just have to shoot a launcher around there
https://youtu.be/u_YLioReGKE

It doesnt always work. There are some spots that are invincible. We had a poor IQ on our team get chosen just to deal with this, but she couldnt shoot it. Never tried Ash though, thanks!

I have to say, I've been only using shotguns for the past couple of months as a self-imposed challenge and it's clear to me that the SAS' M590A1 is probably the best all-rounder. It doesn't pack the same punch as the SG-CQB (which excels in close-quarters as the name suggests), and it doesn't have the same ridiculous fire-rate as the M870, but by god does it have some spicy range on it.

That combined with the relatively low recoil and beautiful iron-sights make it my undisputed go-to. SG-CQB is close second and lots of fun, but it doesn't have the same pure versatility that the M590A1 offers.

I've ignored all the stats on the load-out screen because they don't seem to be terribly accurate, this is just going by feel from months of intensive use. Gotten plenty of aces with both the M590A1 and SG-CQB, so I'm very familiar with them.

Winner:

nOoblet16

I was never expecting R6 to hit DOOM file size levels so soon

LOL

still Dooms huge but the battlefield games ......
Siege already has a huge size on PC with the ultra HD texture pack, they are just streamlining the way they manage the content. Imo the ultra HD pack is totally useless because you never really saw any improvements in the environment textures and the places you did see differences in i.e. character and gun models did not matter much. I mean who cares if you can now read the little engravings on the gun?

More importantly using ultra HD texture pack without an SSD is total madness and would lead to 2-3inutes of loading which would likely mean people would kick you :p

I thought they were dropping the AC sky tech in favor of a normal skybox, because the AC tech was a waste of resources.
It's the other way around. They never had that in the game. With that sky tech they can have a more subdued and realistic outdoor lighting. Plus it'd work well with the other changes to bloom and lighting they are making.

MAX PAYMENT

Siege already has a huge size on PC with the ultra HD texture pack, they are just streamlining the way they manage the content. Imo the ultra HD pack is totally useless because you never really saw any improvements in the environment textures and the places you did see differences in i.e. character and gun models did not matter much. I mean who cares if you can now read the little engravings on the gun?

More importantly using ultra HD texture pack without an SSD is total madness and would lead to 2-3inutes of loading which would likely mean people would kick you :p

It's the other way around. They never had that in the game. With that sky tech they can have a more subdued and realistic outdoor lighting. Plus it'd work well with the other changes to bloom and lighting they are making.

Nope. It used to use AC dynamic sky, but made no sense because maps just have 2 times of day. So they're switching to image based HDR skies.

https://rainbow6.ubisoft.com/siege/...ealth-diagnosis-map-optimization-and-lighting

Sticking with teammates isn't actually as important as you might think. Quite often bunching up together would give enemy team more room to move freely and flank, it also means one of you is spending most of their time just watching the other person's back instead of putting pressure on the enemy team. It's more important to communicate while scouting other rooms and know the map so that you know where and how exactly to check corners instead. Learning the map and knowing how to move around is imo the most important aspect of this game because without it you'll almost always find yourself in a firefight where you are at a disadvantage.

If you can elaborate more on how you get killed most of the time, what operators you pick maybe the people here can help and give out some pointers.
Basically I have no notion of where windows and all that jazz is. I get killed from places I didn't even know it existed.

But playing this with another friend is a complete different experience. I had amazing scores, won most games and everything worked so hell. No frustration in sight.

1 match is nothing. Sometimes it'll take 2-3 matched to get into the flow.
You just need to get used to it and let yourself learn from every mistake because it does take some time to not suck in this game lol.
Yeah, started today losing the first 3 matches. The fourth one is where things started working out.

Played 3 hours straight (just finished) with a friend of mine. Amazing experience and fun as hell.

Kapkan on that boat level did wonders as well as Smoke with shotgun on plane. Team kills is a bummer though.

nOoblet16

If you want to roam then try playing pulse in multi leveled confined maps where the attackers pretty much have to get in...basically maps like Plane, Chalet, Consulate, Coastline, Bartlett University, Bank and even Clubhouse. Roam a level above or below the objective (preferably above) to figure out people are and if you are above them then you can just drop from a hatch or any ledge to surprise the enemy. You'll have to use shotgun for this though otherwise your surprise attack won't be as effective if there is more than one attacker. Also while you are roaming above or below you should look out for the odd enemy or two who are trying to get a jump on your team.

He works very well as a flanker and also for letting teammates know where enemies are. Plane is absolutely Pulse territory.

Basically I have no notion of where windows and all that jazz is. I get killed from places I didn't even know it existed.

But playing this with another friend is a complete different experience. I had amazing scores, won most games and everything worked so hell. No frustration in sight.

Yeah, started today losing the first 3 matches. The fourth one is where things started working out.

Played 3 hours straight (just finished) with a friend of mine. Amazing experience and fun as hell.

Kapkan on that boat level did wonders as well as Smoke with shotgun on plane. Team kills is a bummer though.

I think its always best to load up a terrorist hunt mission and practice 2-3 maps. That way, you can always do well on those maps and learn the rest gradually.

House is the easiest to learn, as are Hereford Base, Border, Bank, Plane.

TheKeyPit

Banned
Played the game for seven hours straight.

It ended with the game freezing and crashing my Xbox. I guess it is time to sleep. It's 3:09am here...

mf.luder

We had some issues tonight. Twice in ranked Kush & I rubber banded and then got booted. RANKED!

Had a nice Montagne clutch earlier in the day, surprised myself with that one for sure. Will have to tell the family all aboot it.

TheKeyPit

Banned
Highlight from yesterday was me getting an ace with Glaz on Favela.

Funniest moment was when I wanted to shoot a Kapkan trap but a teammate stormed in, destroyed the barricade and blew up because of that.

Note: Seven hours of multiplayer and no hostage mode...

Foxxsoxx

Highlight from yesterday was me getting an ace with Glaz on Favela.

Funniest moment was when I wanted to shoot a Kapkan trap but a teammate stormed in, destroyed the barricade and blew up because of that.

Note: Seven hours of multiplayer and no hostage mode...

Yeah apparently a lot of people have hostage turned off in their preferences for some reason or another. I actually really like it go figure... :\ I went about 2 weeks without getting it once.

Anyway had some awesome matches tonight in casual somehow. Didn't run into a single cancer team and I did well every match and the players were evenly matched. Can't wait to have that ruined tomorrow.

If you want to roam then try playing pulse in multi leveled confined maps where the attackers pretty much have to get in...basically maps like Plane, Chalet, Consulate, Coastline, Bartlett University, Bank and even Clubhouse. Roam a level above or below the objective (preferably above) to figure out people are and if you are above them then you can just drop from a hatch or any ledge to surprise the enemy. You'll have to use shotgun for this though otherwise your surprise attack won't be as effective if there is more than one attacker. Also while you are roaming above or below you should look out for the odd enemy or two who are trying to get a jump on your team.

He works very well as a flanker and also for letting teammates know where enemies are. Plane is absolutely Pulse territory.
Yeah, I can see Pulse working on those maps. Next time I'll try it.

I think its always best to load up a terrorist hunt mission and practice 2-3 maps. That way, you can always do well on those maps and learn the rest gradually.

House is the easiest to learn, as are Hereford Base, Border, Bank, Plane.
Yeah, those maps are pretty simple. I don't find myself wandering that much anymore - eventually I'll learn the rest of them.

Favela is quite a challenge. Not difficult to learn but having multiple narrow paths and destructible walls makes it harder to defend imo.

TheKeyPit

Banned
Yeah apparently a lot of people have hostage turned off in their preferences for some reason or another. I actually really like it go figure... : I went about 2 weeks without getting it once.
It would be really nice if the modes would take turns. Hostage, Bomb, Secure Area, Hostage, Bomb, Secure Area. I'd love that.

nOoblet16

Bomb is my favourite mode but I absolutely hate playing bomb on some maps like Favela because you simply cannot prevent the enemy from opening up several large holes and casually shooting at you from distance on that map.

The package room and below room is the absolute worst room to defend in the game when playing bomb.

Bomb is my favourite mode but I absolutely hate playing bomb on some maps like Favela because you simply cannot prevent the enemy from opening up several large holes and casually shooting at you from distance on that map.

The package room and below room is the absolute worst room to defend in the game when playing bomb.

Flavela is just hell. Too many soft walls, no soft floors.

There's a good map in there some where but it'd take a bit of work to bring that out. The layout isn't too bad in general, they just need to edit some walls to make them solid and edit some floors to make them soft. Open up the possibility of defending from below, etc. That change up some of the objective rooms. 3F packaging room just isn't viable.

My idea would be have 2 bomb sites.
1F Bikers apartment/armoury room
2F Grow room/football apartment

I really can't think of a third bomb site that work, not unless they added some more hatches for a 1F/2F split site.

nOoblet16

Is this game going to get new game modes?
Don't think so, they have said they don't want to do that. The game is called "Siege" and there aren't that many ways to do attack-defend game modes where one team has sieged a building (which is the concept they want to maintain). Plus any new mode will have to be compatible with the currently available maps and gameplay in terms of design.

The devs have said that they don't believe new game modes is what will keep people interested in Siege for a long time but rather building around what they already have and improving upon it.

They could possibly do casual modes just to give players something new, where they don't really care about everything working well together. But that will ultimately not have the same quality as the other "real" game modes and as such it could affect the overall quality of the game itself.

TheKeyPit

Banned
I wish that they'd make a mode where the attacking team could destroy a power generator which would make some parts of the map or the whole map pitch-black and you are forced to use night vision.

Pegasus Actual

Gold Member
I wish that they'd make a mode where the attacking team could destroy a power generator which would make some parts of the map or the whole map pitch-black and you are forced to use night vision.
Well, there's something like that in the upcoming Ready or Not according to their dev blog thing. Who knows if anything will ever actually come of that game but it looks interesting.

They had previously promised a new mode getting added to Siege around launch but eventually reneged.

I don't quite get why Hostage is the red-headed stepchild mode. I like it when I play it, but it almost never comes up if you have all game modes enabled. And hostage takes gone amazingly right or hilariously wrong are some of my favorite things in all of Siege. It also makes for some of the best stall defenses. Secure Area is the simplest and least interesting mode so naturally it seems to be the most popular.

nOoblet16

I don't think it's currently possible to do something like that, not without completely updating their engine to account for lighting that can be turned on and off. It'd also require updating all the old maps to include that sort of light sources. Not to mention the operators need to be given night vision goggles.

Lastly I'm not sure what exactly would the attraction be in terms of gameplay if we can just go around it by using night vision goggles especially if it's just nothing more than a green monochrome filter.

And nobody uses the GIGN shotgun at all lol

Just to quote myself, I did try out the SG-CQB after this and got great results. Standout moment was getting a hip fire double kill from the doorway to the landing of the basement stairs on Clubhouse. Rate of fire on the shotgun works better for me than the SAS shotgun I think.

Also went mad and used it when attacking with Twitch and also did well.

Also had a funny moment on Coastline where I lit up Doc who was trying to roam. He hid behind a corner and was trying to heal himself when I vaulted through the window, he panicked and shot me with the dart gun and buffed me to 140 lol

Just to quote myself, I did try out the SG-CQB after this and got great results. Standout moment was getting a hip fire double kill from the doorway to the landing of the basement stairs on Clubhouse. Rate of fire on the shotgun works better for me than the SAS shotgun I think.

Also went mad and used it when attacking with Twitch and also did well.

Also had a funny moment on Coastline where I lit up Doc who was trying to roam. He hid behind a corner and was trying to heal himself when I vaulted through the window, he panicked and shot me with the dart gun and buffed me to 140 lol

I just play Casual mostly, but I always use the GIGN shotgun as either Rook or Doc. As I said at the top of the page, it has awesome stopping power.

I've been playing lots of Blitz lately for some reason. It's like the highest highs and the lowest lows. Got killed by a blinded kapkan emptying his magazine of the auto-shotgun. I wasn't aiming or anything just sitting there and he got me just randomly firing.

TheKeyPit

Banned
I've been playing lots of Blitz lately for some reason. It's like the highest highs and the lowest lows. Got killed by a blinded kapkan emptying his magazine of the auto-shotgun. I wasn't aiming or anything just sitting there and he got me just randomly firing.
Pls, give me some tips against Blitz.

frontovik

Banned
Some fool and his buddy tried to team kill the rest of us on Plane.

He botched the nitro cell detonation while trying to shoot me. Felt satisfying to repay his treachery competently and in kind.

Pls, give me some tips against Blitz.

Play a three speed operator. Run around fast. Alternatively, mute jammers block the activation of the shield. Smoke gas works great. Maybe a nitro cell on the ceiling. Shield ops are pretty easy to outmaneuver so don't get caught in a hallway with him. I mostly get headshot by accident so just hold the fire button lol.

Is Fuze with a shield some new meta? I never saw people running that combo but recently almost every Fuze player is going with a shield.

The PMM pistol is pretty good so maybe that is why. Shields are fun and I want more shield operators. I think a good buff to underrepresented shields would be an auto pistol or side arm shotgun. That's my dream.

Is Fuze with a shield some new meta? I never saw people running that combo but recently almost every Fuze player is going with a shield.

Fuze shield with the PMM is genuinely too strong. I used to use it a lot.

Few random clips with it there
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OG58bdvhHd0
and a nice 1v4 on 1HP
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceY5bdcnWUo

The PMM with a laser sight has really, really tight hip fire, high damage and a fast reload so it's great with the shield. Coupled with the fuze charges, it's all but guareenteed that you'll get kills with it.

How does the pc version compare to consoles?

It's a much better experiance in my opinion. The game runs well even on low end cards like a 1050Ti. Seemingly everybody has a mic and communicates, even in casual.
I'm playing with a lot of settings turned down on my 1050Ti and get an average of around 120FPS with it. It feels incredibly smooth. I really reccomend switching to PC if you can.

jmizzal

They need to fix where if your in a match and half your team leaves and your going up against a team with more players, you should not lose as many rank points if you lose and you should get more points if you win, the would encourage less quiters, your playing at a disadvantage at that point

It's always been good due to fuze being the middle ground coverage shield between blitz and montagne and also having an amazing pistol. I could see it being used more now since the fuze buff with 3 charges and more splash damage per puck. In my experience it's really good for hot breaches.

They need to fix where if your in a match and half your team leaves and your going up against a team with more players, you should not lose as many rank points if you lose and you should get more points if you win, the would encourage less quiters, your playing at a disadvantage at that point

Fucking yes. Had this happen with a friend the other night. The other 3 players quit in the first round of ranked it was just like ‘oh well guess we just lose points now’. We did win 2 attacking rounds when they rushed us outside the building but we had no chance if they played properly. Bullshit.

Top Bottom