• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

Cheaters on Bank pissing me off.

It's a shame this game has never punished cheaters, outside of Battleye banning hackers.

Reporting on console does nothing. They really need to be able to take down maps in ranked with issues like this

nOoblet16

Cheaters on Bank pissing me off.

It's a shame this game has never punished cheaters, outside of Battleye banning hackers.

Reporting on console does nothing. They really need to be able to take down maps in ranked with issues like this

What cheats are you talking about on consoles?

The new servers are being tested on the TTS but they just came out today or yesterday (I think). Just when everyone (including myself) thought they were just sweeping that promise under the rug. They will probably be ready by the second release of the new operators.

nOoblet16

I really like Buck's ability, his Shotgun. You can open up doors, hatches and create holes pretty fast with it. The kickback of his AR is still too much. I probably would've screwed up at that first kill if I hadn't done that headshot: http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/TheKeyPit/video/34749461

It was always going to be a headshot because his head was pretty much the only place you could aim and shoot at. Even if it was low recoil missing that would've mean you'd have died anyways. If that cover wasn't there you probably would've aimed at his legs/midriff and would've still killed him.

His AR has a very linear recoil so even if you don't want to control it using downward analogue motion, you can still manage it by firing in bursts. I really like his gun and is my preferred choice in every engagement except for when I am primarily attacking from windows and outside the buildings. But if the map requires me to go in then I'd always pick the AR since I don't wanna get caught with my pants down in a close quarter battle holding a DMR...lol

What cheats are you talking about on consoles?

There is an exploit on Bank where Valkyrie can put up cameras in a location that makes the cams invincible/invisible to detect.

In this spot, she can scan the entire enemy team, regardless of where they are. So attackers are permanently spotted. It's like Caveira spotting for the entire round.

It's really scummy

There is an exploit on Bank where Valkyrie can put up cameras in a location that makes the cams invincible/invisible to detect.

In this spot, she can scan the entire enemy team, regardless of where they are. So attackers are permanently spotted. It's like Caveira spotting for the entire round.

It's really scummy

yeah i had this happen to me recently, i got lucky getting one defender with buck, but i was dead soon after, i was even playing a round in bank and i chose valkyrie and my team was arguing if i should use the exploit or not - i didnt of course, why bother even playing if you're going to cheat, that would be the most empty victory

Buck's got the coolest looking reload with that C8-SFW rifle.

nOoblet16

It's really scummy
I checked that glitch.
You can destroy it using IQ or Ash.

As IQ it'll pop up in your gadget and you can see and shoot it (check from 2:55)
https://youtu.be/eYLu2PRefKM

As Ash you just have to shoot a launcher around there
https://youtu.be/u_YLioReGKE

M1014, it's the SAS shotgun. Has the best range and damage of all.

The Valkyrie SPAS is good too, Caviera's shotgun is mediocre but has high fire rate so you can spam it.

Lol I miss the days where Frost and Valkyrie's shotties were god-tier sniper rifles

thanks I'll check em out cause I want to get this challenge over with and I hate the pumps

nOoblet16

Lol I miss the days where Frost and Valkyrie's shotties were god-tier sniper rifles

thanks I'll check em out cause I want to get this challenge over with and I hate the pumps
I edited my post.
Made some mistakes previously lol.

M1014 is actually the FBI shotgun which isn't as good as the SAS M590A1.

The SAS shotgun is great except if you get a glancing hit, at which point I find its often too slow to fire a follow up shot.

You can fire off a lethal 2-3 shots with the M1014 faster so it's also easier to hipfire

Who has the best shotgun in the game?
I'd say Echo/Hibana. That pump action is god-tier at destroying walls etc. Normally one shots 1 armour ops. 3 armour take 2 shots at medium range but 1 at close if all the pellets hit.
The GSG9 shotgun is worse at destructability but has deceptively good range and damage. Put a laser on that and you can 2 shot people across a room with hipfire. It's suprising that gun hasn't been nerfed yet.

Who has the best shotgun in the game?

Personally, I'd save Mira/Jackal have the best primary shotgun right now.
Stat-wise, I'm almost certain it is the Spas-12 (Valkyrie's) for semi-auto followed by the M1014 and Spas-15.
Pump action, stat-wise, I think it's the M870 followed closely by the M590/Supernova.

It's been a while since I've looked into any stats for shotguns though, so I could very well be totally wrong on all that.

nOoblet16

The thing about stats is that it doesn't tell you anything about the spread and damage drop off. I've personally found the SAS shotguns to be the best in reliably killing targets at decent range, but that's not down to damage as it's not the most powerful or even the 2nd most powerful shotgun. Which just makes me feel that perhaps it's the damage drop off and spread that makes it work more consistently at range than others. I don't even pick the submachine guns when playing as mute/smoke.

The M870 is probably just as good with highest damage but it also fires slower, so there's that. Also the two operators that do have this gun (Bandit/Jäger) also have two of the best guns on defense side by a long shot, so picking the M870 would mean not picking the Carbine/MP7.

Fury451

Banned
M590A1, it's the SAS shotgun. Has the best range. GSG9 shotgun has the highest damage but it fires slower than M590A1.

The Valkyrie SPAS is good too, Caviera's shotgun is mediocre but has high fire rate so you can spam it.

I remember when Frost's shotgun was a sniper rifle.

Good times. Now it's borderline useless.

Id have to say that the SAT (Echo/Hibana) shotgun is shockingly devastating.

The M870 is probably just as good with highest damage but it also fires slower, so there's that. Also the two operators that do have this gun (Bandit/Jäger) also have two of the best guns on defense side by a long shot, so picking the M870 would mean not picking the Carbine/MP7.

True, that shotgun wrecks shit close up but you do lose the two best Defender weapons to use it. However, running a roaming Jager/Blotz combo with coordinated flanking tactics can lead to absolute decimation of the other team since the speed and stealth can have you run up behind them before they know it. It's a risk/reward thing though and in my experience only works on some maps.

TheKeyPit

Banned
It was always going to be a headshot because his head was pretty much the only place you could aim and shoot at. Even if it was low recoil missing that would've mean you'd have died anyways. If that cover wasn't there you probably would've aimed at his legs/midriff and would've still killed him.

His AR has a very linear recoil so even if you don't want to control it using downward analogue motion, you can still manage it by firing in bursts. I really like his gun and is my preferred choice in every engagement except for when I am primarily attacking from windows and outside the buildings. But if the map requires me to go in then I'd always pick the AR since I don't wanna get caught with my pants down in a close quarter battle holding a DMR...lol
Hehe, I think that I just need to keep using Buck and get used to his AR. It's slowly working out: http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/TheKeyPit/video/34775074

Edit: Hey, handling his AR helped me with Capitao's weapon. Nice, nice. That 1v4 as Capitao: http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/TheKeyPit/video/34778231

I've having such a bad experience with this. I've been playing slowly, staying with the group, be aware of my surroundings but I always end up dying. It's stressing me out instead of having fun.

This is a really good game but I just get frustrated every time I play. I'm just not good at this one - I should stick with arena shooters.

I've having such a bad experience with this. I've been playing slowly, staying with the group, be aware of my surroundings but I always end up dying. It's stressing me out instead of having fun.

This is a really good game but I just get frustrated every time I play. I'm just not good at this one - I should stick with arena shooters.

You learn from every mistake. You may make hundreds more but eventually you start learning.

TheKeyPit

Banned

Nah, others are better. The matchmaking is just bad. New players getting matched with lvl 100+ guys...

nOoblet16

Sticking with teammates isn't actually as important as you might think. Quite often bunching up together would give enemy team more room to move freely and flank, it also means one of you is spending most of their time just watching the other person's back instead of putting pressure on the enemy team. It's more important to communicate while scouting other rooms and know the map so that you know where and how exactly to check corners instead. Learning the map and knowing how to move around is imo the most important aspect of this game because without it you'll almost always find yourself in a firefight where you are at a disadvantage.

If you can elaborate more on how you get killed most of the time, what operators you pick maybe the people here can help and give out some pointers.

Nah, others are better. The matchmaking is just bad. New players getting matched with lvl 100+ guys...

Tbf you can't always expect to get pitted against brand new or even relatively new players in a game this old.

I know. I really want to love this game but after the first match I always get frustrated.

It's really hard or I'm just a really bad player.

1 match is nothing. Sometimes it'll take 2-3 matched to get into the flow.
You just need to get used to it and let yourself learn from every mistake because it does take some time to not suck in this game lol.

I dont have an issue with it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Obviously inspired by Taxi Driver

So how has operation health or whatever been doing? Have they made any significant improvements?

nOoblet16

I dont have an issue with it ¯_(ツ)_/¯
Obviously inspired by Taxi Driver

So how has operation health or whatever been doing? Have they made any significant improvements?
Yea, hitboxes fixes to only include body and not clothing (equipments like headphones don't register as hits anymore), one step matchmaking, being able to change loadouts in matchmaking (sort of useless since matchmaking is really fast).

In the next major operation health update they are going to completely redo the texturing and lighting in the game to make it more playable, make some stuff look more realistic (they will use sky technology from Assassin's Creed), while also improving the performance by changing the way objects are put around the map.

Fury451

Banned
fuck me, that uniform is actually half decent then they stuck a fucking whiteboard cleaner on his head and gave him that dumb animation. What a shame....

It's neat as a Taxi Driver homage, but it would be neat if they replaced the comb with a razor and gave him a completely shaved head

Yea, hitboxes fixes to only include body and not clothing (equipments like headphones don't register as hits anymore), one step matchmaking, being able to change loadouts in matchmaking (sort of useless since matchmaking is really fast).

In the next major operation health update they are going to completely redo the texturing and lighting in the game to make it more playable, make some stuff look more realistic (they will use sky technology from Assassin's Creed), while also improving the performance by changing the way objects are put around the map.

Thanks

How about hit registration? Have they improved their netcode? Are people still getting matched up with and against others who have 200 ping?

nOoblet16

Thanks

How about hit registration? Have they improved their netcode? Are people still getting matched up with and against others who have 200 ping?
Getting matched against people with 200 ping is something that can't be avoided unless the game puts a hard limit on max ping.

It's because people from other regions can search for games in different regions using VPN or the custom match trick. On PC you can simply edit a config file to make sure that you find games in the region you want. So people from region with low player population will always end up searching for games in regions with high population. There's also the fact that sometimes people will search in a party consisting of friends from all over the world, naturally you'll have varying pings when that happens.

Hit registration is something that's being worked upon with their new servers.

Also in the next major operation health update they are thinking of adding additional hit feedbacks by adding sound/visuals for bullet impacts. So hitting the headphones should give you a metallic ting plus sparks letting you know that you missed, right now you get absolutely nothing so it looks like your hit didn't get registered.

Getting matched against people with 200 ping is something that can't be avoided unless the game puts a hard limit on max ping.

It's because people from other regions can search for games in different regions using VPN or the custom match trick. On PC you can simply edit a config file to make sure that you find games in the region you want. So people from region with low player population will always end up searching for games in regions with high population. There's also the fact that sometimes people will search in a party consisting of friends from all over the world, naturally you'll have varying pings when that happens.

Hit registration is something that's being worked upon with their new servers.

Also in the next major operation health update they are thinking of adding additional hit feedbacks by adding sound/visuals for bullet impacts. So hitting the headphones should give you a metallic ting plus sparks letting you know that you missed, right now you get absolutely nothing so it looks like your hit didn't get registered.

Sounds good

Do the hit registration changes and new servers have an ETA?

MAX PAYMENT

I thought they were dropping the AC sky tech in favor of a normal skybox, because the AC tech was a waste of resources.

TheKeyPit

Banned
Bought my last remaining operator from Season 1, Hibana. Booster still has two days left. I should be able to get enough Renown for some Alpha Packs :)

Top Bottom