• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

JJShadow

This is the best and most engaging multiplayer FPS I've ever played, easily. Picked it up a month ago or so and I just reached level 50. I still have a lot to learn but I've been definitely improving, started with 0.6 K/D ratio and now I'm sitting on 0.9, I also feel much more comfortable roaming around easy maps

I think I already have a grasp of how every operator works (at a basic level at least), so I was thinking about picking up the Year 1 Operators bundle. It currently costs £15.99, would you guys say it's worth the price? I've been wanting to try Caveira, Frost and Hibana for a while now

Auctopus

I think I already have a grasp of how every operator works (at a basic level at least), so I was thinking about picking up the Year 1 Operators bundle. It currently costs £15.99, would you guys say it's worth the price? I've been wanting to try Caveira, Frost and Hibana for a while now

If you're playing the game a lot then yeah, it's worth the price. It doesn't look like Ubi has plans to lower the price of the bundle any time soon and despite what people say, grinding for every DLC operator is a joke.

Valk, Buck, Frost, Capi and Hibana are all Ops worth having.

OG Kush

This is the best and most engaging multiplayer FPS I've ever played, easily. Picked it up a month ago or so and I just reached level 50. I still have a lot to learn but I've been definitely improving, started with 0.6 K/D ratio and now I'm sitting on 0.9, I also feel much more comfortable roaming around easy maps

I would say it definitely is worth it. As mentioned, there are some really good operators in there. In terms of monetary value, thats really hard to say as I don't know how you value things. I know for me, I easily spend over £20 on a round of drinks on a Friday night, or even that on a movie etc. I've spent hours playing R6 a and the money spent seemed like a no brainer.

If you're playing the game a lot then yeah, it's worth the price. It doesn't look like Ubi has plans to lower the price of the bundle any time soon and despite what people say, grinding for every DLC operator is a joke.

Valk, Buck, Frost, Capi and Hibana are all Ops worth having.

No Blackbeard love?

Valk, Blackbeard and Hibana are all top tier operators.
Buck, Capitao and Echo are all good situational picks.
Frost, Caviera are both just really fun to play as.

OG Kush

I would put Buck in top-tier, not sure how he is situational all. I feel he's safe pick on all maps, his utility, gun and grenades are great.

I would put Buck in top-tier, not sure how he is situational all. I feel he's safe pick on all maps, his utility, gun and grenades are great.

He's versatile and can be used on pretty much any map, but to make proper use of the skeleton key and I think you really need to play him for the vertical game which isn't always possible.

Outside of playing vertically, I feel Sledge is just better. Low recoil on the L85 + SMG-11 just outclasses the C8.

I think I'm actually going to miss a guaranteed kill with a 3 speed attacker on Bank now they're patching out the Valkyrie glitch.

So many easy kills with Ash or Capitao on people trying to cheese the game, it was very satisfying

Where are the fucking teasers for the new season.

Hoping that the leak was correct and we are getting that Poland waifu. Really dissappointed that we are not getting a Poland map, though, especially since we are getting two Asian maps. :(

Where are the fucking teasers for the new season.

Hoping that the leak was correct and we are getting that Poland waifu. Really dissappointed that we are not getting a Poland map, though, especially since we are getting two Asian maps. :(

Wait for Gamescom. The season 2 pro league is being hosted there and they'll announce it then. Think it'll be around the 22nd-24th, the DLC will probably follow a week after.

Ah god I'm hungry for some new content. I love it when you get new tools to use on existing maps that change up the metagame. I mean, mostly I find defending on the same team as Mira a nuisance but I like that it's a possibility.

It also sounds like an incredibly minor complaint but I wish they had kept using still artwork in the menu backgrounds instead of the lame 3D character models

njQiygE.jpg

GMpYww1.jpg

f9UfAo4.jpg

Is there a good list of operators by tier?

Like a list of must haves per match, then situational, etc.

It depends entirely on stratergy.

For an ideal attack, you'd have a reinforcement breacher, an entry fragger, support, somebody to challenge hard angles, and a flex pick.

Example;
Slot 1: Thermite or Hibana
Slot 2: Ash or IQ
Slot 3: Thatcher or Twitch
Slot 4: Blackbeard or Glaz (or even Montagne)
Slot 5: Sledge or Buck

Depending on the map, site you're attacking and your own plan, you might not need/want a reinforcement breacher or support, in which case you'd just pick any other operator instead.

For defending, it's even more reliant on strats, the mainstays tend to be Smoke to deny/stop plants, Valkyrie or Pluse for information, Mira to anchor, Bandit for barb wire, batteries and roaming, Jager for denying grenades and roaming.

MAX PAYMENT

It depends entirely on stratergy.

For an ideal attack, you'd have a reinforcement breacher, an entry fragger, support, somebody to challenge hard angles, and a flex pick.

Example;
Slot 1: Thermite or Hibana
Slot 2: Ash or IQ
Slot 3: Thatcher or Twitch
Slot 4: Blackbeard or Glaz (or even Montagne)
Slot 5: Sledge or Buck

Depending on the map, site you're attacking and your own plan, you might not need/want a reinforcement breacher or support, in which case you'd just pick any other operator instead.

For defending, it's even more reliant on strats, the mainstays tend to be Smoke to deny/stop plants, Valkyrie or Pluse for information, Mira to anchor, Bandit for barb wire, batteries and roaming, Jager for denying grenades and roaming.

Interesting. Unfortunately I have a hard time getting my buds to cooperate. That will be beyond us lol.

nOoblet16

It comes with time and even then you'll still fail a lot of times.

IQ and Ash are pretty ridiculous as fraggers, Ash even more so because of how hard she is to hit + Flashbangs. Now eventhough they have fixed the hitbox to only include body parts and not clothing/equipment, Ash still has a bit of an advantage because her head is still smaller than IQ and she has dark clothing.

You can use Hibana as a fragger too but her gun only has 20 bullets so if you go into a room then chances are you'll run out of ammo and die. Plus her utility is way too important and becoming a fragger would be a waste.

That's what I'm saying. Is there a German raffica out there?

Yep H&K VP70

Auctopus

It also sounds like an incredibly minor complaint but I wish they had kept using still artwork in the menu backgrounds instead of the lame 3D character models

Same, 100%. Looks so much better than those ropey 3D models and I feel like it might speed up the menus a little.

Gimme dat 2.2.2!!!

Hope the servers aren't completely fixed then I won't have anyone to blame but myself... and Kush.

nOoblet16

The menu runs at like 30-40FPS on Xbox One due to 3D models. It's shit.
They need to speed up the menu and loadouts, it takes far too long to do something as simple as changing an attachment and I don't know why. It's not like it has to contact game servers to make those changes to loadouts unlike Destiny and even that game does it faster.

Hope the servers aren't completely fixed then I won't have anyone to blame but myself... and Kush.

Or my team kills.

The menu runs at like 30-40FPS on Xbox One due to 3D models. It's shit.
They need to speed up the menu and loadouts, it takes far too long to do something as simple as changing an attachment and I don't know why. It's not like it has to contact game servers to make those changes to loadouts unlike Destiny and even that game does it faster.

Or my team kills.

are you Sure about that ?

nOoblet16

fcbOjKT.jpg

are you Sure about that ?
Yea I'm pretty sure you can change loadouts even when offline and it takes the same amount of time. On top of that unlike Destiny which allows you to manage loadouts from Bungie.net (and by extension phone apps that manage loadouts) because it stores the data in the servers you can't do that in Siege, but I know that's circumstancial evidence and not full evidence that it's not server side. Being able to change loadouts while offline though, that's good evidence.

mf.luder

Oh I never thought of that. For example quick access to

Bomb or hostage versions of attackers/defenders. Yeah Ubi, where the fuck is this!

nOoblet16

The game has changed.
It only fixes it in that part, doesn't mean we wont see rubber banding anymore :p

That patch is a part of the map texture/clean-up that's happening "over the next year".

Uh wait what?
I thought the "next patch" was a 15GB patch that reorganises how files are handled in the game and readies it for the texture rework/memory footprint cleanup that will happen over the next year.

lol i've had the game since release and i'm lv 54

Interesting. Unfortunately I have a hard time getting my buds to cooperate. That will be beyond us lol.

Meh, in terms of ranked and casual, raw gun skill is enough to win rounds since not everybody goes through the time and effort to practice strats, and a lot of people would rather play operators for gun preference over utility needs.

MAX PAYMENT

Meh, in terms of ranked and casual, raw gun skill is enough to win rounds since not everybody goes through the time and effort to practice strats, and a lot of people would rather play operators for gun preference over utility needs.

I have a hard time deciding a role when playing solo, or with friends casually when no one really strategizes.

I have a hard time deciding a role when playing solo, or with friends casually when no one really strategizes.

Either just play Thermite/Hibana to give your team the best chance of winning or YOLO it with your personal favourite operator.

As long as you have a Thermite/Hibana and a way to get rid of any batteries/jammers to breach, then you're 99% set for team composition in ranked. It really isn't super important unless you're playing as an organised team against another organised team.

Defence picks are even less important. All you need is a way to remodel the site to your liking (shotgun/impact grenades/nitro cell) and hold angles on/around site or challenge and flank while roaming.

Raw aiming skill and map knowledge are genuinely more important than operator picks.

Could not agree more. They look very amateurish, probably thrown together at the last minute as part of Operation Health. Hope the classy and slick still images make a return.

Disgraced

I actually thought Jackal and Mira looked great with that lighting in Velvet Shell, before they inexplicably added that clipping canister to Jack's rig lol.

But Thoughtful Doc is just one of the stupidest things I've ever seen.

Keihart

I have to say, I've been only using shotguns for the past couple of months as a self-imposed challenge and it's clear to me that the SAS' M590A1 is probably the best all-rounder. It doesn't pack the same punch as the SG-CQB (which excels in close-quarters as the name suggests), and it doesn't have the same ridiculous fire-rate as the M870, but by god does it have some spicy range on it.

That combined with the relatively low recoil and beautiful iron-sights make it my undisputed go-to. SG-CQB is close second and lots of fun, but it doesn't have the same pure versatility that the M590A1 offers.

I've ignored all the stats on the load-out screen because they don't seem to be terribly accurate, this is just going by feel from months of intensive use. Gotten plenty of aces with both the M590A1 and SG-CQB, so I'm very familiar with them.

Winner:

After the nerfs i find that the best all around shotgun is frost's, the range and speed at wich you can shoot make it pretty deadly in almost any situation intended for shotgun.

nOoblet16

After the nerfs i find that the best all around shotgun is frost's, the range and speed at wich you can shoot make it pretty deadly in almost any situation intended for shotgun.

Which nerf are you talking about?
Imo the Super 90 has been a bit of a turd for a while because it can't one shot at medium range, which is what you'd want in a shotgun. Yea the FBI shotgun fires slow and the SAS shotgun fires even slower, but if you miss the first shot then you likely weren't going to get that 2nd or 3rd hit anyhow in most decent 1v1 encounters unless some fuckup happens or if you get lucky.

I'd rather take the Caveira shotgun over Super 90 as atleast that one can be reloaded faster. Also Frost's 9mm primary is a headshot machine !

Keihart

Which nerf are you talking about?
Imo the Super 90 has been a bit of a turd for a while because it can't one shot at medium range, which is what you'd want in a shotgun. Yea the FBI shotgun fires slow and the SAS shotgun fires even slower, but if you miss the first shot then you likely weren't going to get that 2nd or 3rd hit anyhow in most decent 1v1 encounters unless some fuckup happens or if you get lucky.

I'd rather take the Caveira shotgun over Super 90 as atleast that one can be reloaded faster. Also Frost's 9mm primary is a headshot machine !

i find the spread and range of frosts way better than the sas one, wich is better at close range. You have to ads frost's shotgun tho.

I meant after the general nerf.

Edit: i'm well aware it's no the consensus tho

This screenshots are old, but AFAIK spread was never changed but only damage drop off. This is why i think the super 90 is the most consistent shotgun, Frost's submachinegun is really accurate tho, so i think that's why you don't see it as much as before.

spread test

Top Bottom