• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
Theme park:
q9nxuHh.jpg

mfweJWY.jpg

NaKMxCL.jpg

Disgraced

Upon close inspection (with wishful thinking) it looks the interior of a haunted house (which it still might be), which would be badass setting within the "Theme Park." But upon closer inspection it just looks abandoned and dilapidated.

Missed opportunity?

JJShadow

For those playing on PS4/Xbox, what are your sensitivity settings? I've stuck to the default ones since I started playing, but lately I've been having some troubles when aiming

If you're playing the game a lot then yeah, it's worth the price. It doesn't look like Ubi has plans to lower the price of the bundle any time soon and despite what people say, grinding for every DLC operator is a joke.

Valk, Buck, Frost, Capi and Hibana are all Ops worth having.

I would say it definitely is worth it. As mentioned, there are some really good operators in there. In terms of monetary value, thats really hard to say as I don't know how you value things. I know for me, I easily spend over £20 on a round of drinks on a Friday night, or even that on a movie etc. I've spent hours playing R6 a and the money spent seemed like a no brainer.

Thanks! Bought the bundle yesterday

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Can you expand on that?

I fell through the level while attacking on Chalet, exterior, east of the snowmobile garage. So far that's the only issue I've run into.

There's a new glitch that allows Doc players to have an infinite amount of healing darts. I fought against two teams who used it earlier, and it was quite frustrating to have to fight an entire team who kept getting overhealed every time they got a papercut!

Jesus, it's always two steps forward one step back with these devs, much as I love the game they've made.

At the very least however, an infinite amount of healing darts is harder to exploit than the Valk cams on bank.

-

Also it boggles my mind that people find this stuff less than 24 hours after a patch is released

TheKeyPit

Banned
For those playing on PS4/Xbox, what are your sensitivity settings? I've stuck to the default ones since I started playing, but lately I've been having some troubles when aiming
I set ADS to 25 and it helped with my aiming at greater distances with the ACOG but it sucks during CQC.

Erban1

I think it's called operation health because Doc can now heal an infinite number of times. Heard a Doc in my team fire his med gun like 7-8 times yesterday.

Welcome to the abyss.

Seems like a possible bug in the new patch. I played last night and the same thing happened.

Had some pretty sweet games yesterday. Got a nice 4-man clutch. I killed all five on the enemy team, my team was only alive for one kill. Got 12 kills in another match, still lost though :(. Also the french shotgun holy shit. My friend and I have been playing Doc and Rook just demolishing teams with that shotgun. If anyone has only used it a few times you gotta give it a shot.

TheKeyPit

Banned
What the actual fuck happend? There was no cam, no Valk-cam and that guy just randomly shot me through a wall. He was aiming elsewhere and all of a sudden he aims at that wall, shoots and kills me.

Disgraced

What the actual fuck happend? There was no cam, no Valk-cam and that guy just randomly shot me through a wall. He was aiming elsewhere and all of a sudden he aims at that wall, shoots and kills me.
Where were you specifically? There are plenty of other ways to call someone out (or simply detect them) without a direct visual.

nOoblet16

Any guess on the new op?

Looks maybe like an attack healer
The Caltrop operator (defense) is supposedly a "trapper" (rumors based on looking at some game files) and I read a while back that barb wires were getting a nerf (reducing the effect of slowdown it has on attackers) which would make sense in order to provide more utility for the operator's ability.

The Dazzler (offense) is suppose to blind and disorient the enemies.

Disgraced

https://abload.de/img/img-20170810-wa0001o3us5.jpg
Red marker is me; yellow is the other person.
It could be as simple as somebody seeing or hearing you come in from outside, or hearing you from below or above the stairs and calling out "[character] NE big tower entrance, approaching meeting hall wall N" to their player in the hall who had a good sense of where you might be standing. It's not a stretch, really. That's a pretty typical entrance assuming you were an attacker and it isn't the largest space.

I mean considering the yellow player's proximity to the W door of meeting hall, they could've heard you, deduced you weren't at the NW door or window (via a quick peek or more audio), and made a fantastic, final guess.

nOoblet16

https://abload.de/img/img-20170810-wa0001o3us5.jpg
Red marker is me; yellow is the other person.
Pretty standard place to wall bang if the attacker knew you were coming from that entrance which he could have known via a callout or even just sound whoring (himself or some other teammate doing it and calling out your position).

But if his wall banging pattern was not a "spread" and he never adjusted his aim and directly shot you then either he got really lucky or there's something else going on. I'd need more info to really tell what happened. You don't have a recording of it? I record anytime I witnessed something abnormal or do something nice myself.

TheKeyPit

Banned
It could be as simple as somebody seeing or hearing you come in from outside, or hearing you from below or above the stairs and calling out "[character] NE big tower entrance, approaching meeting hall wall N" to their player in the hall who had a good sense of where you might be standing. It's not a stretch, really. That's a pretty typical entrance assuming you were an attacker and it isn't the largest space.

I mean considering the yellow player's proximity to the W door of meeting hall, they could've heard you, deduced you weren't at the NW door or window (via a quick peek or more audio), and made a fantastic, final guess.
Pretty standard place to wall bang if the attacker knew you were coming from that entrance which he could have known via a callout or even just sound whoring (himself or some other teammate doing it and calling out your position).

But if his wall banging pattern was not a "spread" and he never adjusted his aim and directly shot you then either he got really lucky or there's something else going on. I'd need more info to really tell what happened. You don't have a recording of it? I record anytime I witnessed something abnormal or do something nice myself.

I was the attacker and was already inside. I killed one of them downstairs and moved my way up to the position that I marked red to reload in peace and think what I should do next. He shot me when I started to move back towards the stairs.

It just looked off how he instantly aimed at the wall and got the kill.

The Caltrop operator (defense) is supposedly a "trapper" (rumors based on looking at some game files) and I read a while back that barb wires were getting a nerf (reducing the effect of slowdown it has on attackers) which would make sense in order to provide more utility for the operator's ability.

The Dazzler (offense) is suppose to blind and disorient the enemies.

Right. Though we are getting 3 ops :p

TheKeyPit

Banned
Why do people use smurfs in casual? It's not like they get mixed with other low level players only. (+they don't have an actual rank, so they don't even play ranked with those)

Disgraced

I was the attacker and was already inside. I killed one of them downstairs and moved my way up to the position that I marked red to reload in peace and think what I should do next. He shot me when I started to move back towards the stairs.

That could've been it. The one you killed called you out. Maybe they had a glance of your trajectory on the kill cam, or again, maybe the player who got you just made a really great deduction based on the call.

There's a hundred possibilities that aren't cheating. Sometimes people's sense of the game is really strong... and sometimes people are just ridiculously lucky.

Pegasus Actual

Gold Member
Yeah, sometimes you just spray up a wall if you have even the slightest suspicion someone is there. Especially if you feel like the enemy team is aware of your position anyway. I've gotten some crazy wallbangs, and in turn got rekt by plenty myself.

Why do people use smurfs in casual? It's not like they get mixed with other low level players only. (+they don't have an actual rank, so they don't even play ranked with those)
Depends. They made Casual skill based a while back. I don't know if they rolled that back or altered it at all. When I load up a Casual I seem to end up in suspiciously try-hard-y lobbies so I suspect it's still in place at least to some degree.

Also I think they finally patched some workarounds to the level 20 requirement to play Ranked. So if a smurf is under 20 they are probably just leveling until it's ready for its true smurfly duty.

nOoblet16

I meant defender...not attacker

TheKeyPit

Banned
That could've been it. The one you killed called you out. Maybe they had a glance of your trajectory on the kill cam, or again, maybe the player who got you just made a really great deduction based on the call.

There's a hundred possibilities that aren't cheating. Sometimes people's sense of the game is really strong... and sometimes people are just ridiculously lucky.
That's probably it.

mf.luder

So people won't leave a match if they see diamond. Or they caught a ban under a different account.

nOoblet16

I wish the ranking system was a bit more in depth and actually took into account who you are playing (Gears 4 does this but it also doesn't have a linear point based progression like Siege, Overwatch has a point based progression and takes into account your win streaks and such but the system in place in that game is quite harsh overall). So say you match up against higher ranked players/diamonds and win then you rank up faster that way than you would if you won matches against people the same skill level as you.

They'd have to balance it well though so that it doesn't feel like progression is slow when playing against people around your skill level. But at the very least it'd prevent people in high gold/low plat from leaving matches when matched against diamond skill players. (I realise you can't see their ranks until match is over but you can tell by their play style and skill, plus if they use a smurf account then they will frequently get matched against low skill level players and thereby making their experience quite shit).

So I took a little hiatus from Xbox live in April. Got my internet and live back yesterday and I guess I didn't lose my touch. Getting 8 kills each game, pretty intense. My aim is a bit off but I'll get it back.
H2O I hope you're still in this game. We should squad up and go platinum again.

Getting back into this, can someone help me with the loot MRE stuff. I get to roll for a percentage to get a chance to roll for an item?
Everytime you win a game you get a chance to get a pack. If the chance fails then your chance increases for the next time. If you lose the game then you do not get to roll for a pack, however the chance still increases

TheKeyPit

Banned
Getting back into this, can someone help me with the loot MRE stuff. I get to roll for a percentage to get a chance to roll for an item?
You start with 2%.
A win rolls a possible Alpha Pack with the current percentage.
A win, if you didn't get an Alpha Pack, grants you more % than a loss. Ranked nets you more %.
An Alpha Pack resets your percentage.

Auctopus

Every win, you roll for a chance to win an Alpha Pack (loot box), if you don't win one, your chances to increase the next time go up.

If you lose a match, your chance still goes up but you don't get a spin (i.e. no chance of getting a loot box).

Then you can purchase them with Renown also.

Just fell through the map on chalet, near the garage door with my back to the rocks.

So many people complaining about this. Completely messed up, given snowmobile garage is the most popular defence location and there's an invisible death trap right by arguably the most important entrance

Top Bottom