• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

mf.luder

Just picked up the platinum headset. Hopefully this improves my game.

Aim will still be terrible.
Map knowledge will still be terrible.
Team morale booster will improve.
Fart detection will improve.

nOoblet16

GeNxeBa.jpg

CrayToes

Maybe now you will be able to hear me as I inform you I have a family.

Disgraced

I actually think taking Jäger and Bandit's ACOG and reallocating them to some of the three-armors is great idea. People are going to fucking riot about it if it happens, and you're right it won't do a lot to their pick rates, but it will certainly do enough to shake up team comps and the meta into something more interesting. Especially with the addition of the new characters.

Src

I hope they really are considering it. Jager and Bandit in particular are just easy mode at the moment. If own team is getting thrashed, my friend and I will whip out both of them and easily turn a match around, even without spawn killing. They really just trivialise the game and basically turn it into COD (which I guess is why they attract so many children).

I actually think taking Jäger and Bandit's ACOG and reallocating them to some of the three-armors is great idea. People are going to fucking riot about it if it happens, and you're right it won't do a lot to their pick rates, but it will certainly do enough to shake up team comps and the meta into something more interesting. Especially with the addition of the new characters.

[url="https://www.reddit.com/r/Rainbow6/comments/6te9w4/i_have_the_leaks_of_the_new_stuff/?st=1Z141Z3&sh=47ea9119]Src[/url]

Meh, never been a fan of the way Ubi choose to balance operators. I'd rather see them look into adjusting gadgets rather than guns unless there's some serious imbalance with DPS and/or recoil (like Jackal's AR on release).

I'd also rather see all sights availible to all primary weapons on defence.

Disgraced

Meh, never been a fan of the way Ubi choose to balance operators. I'd rather see them look into adjusting gadgets rather than guns unless there's some serious imbalance with DPS and/or recoil (like Jackal's AR on release).

I'd also rather see all sights availible to all primary weapons on defence.
I don't think it's the best solution but a pretty good, and economical one.

Now giving every defender an ACOG... options seem nice and all, but that would just do too much to augment the heavy roaming meta Ubi's been trying to combat for ages. Giving every defender a holo? That I'm 100% on board with.

I don't think it's the best solution but a pretty good, and economical one.

Now giving every defender an ACOG... options seem nice and all, but that would just do too much to augment the heavy roaming meta Ubi's been trying to combat for ages. Giving every defender a holo? That I'm 100% on board with.

I don't think it'd change roaming at all. People would still gravitate towards the 3 speed operators for roaming, and it's not like the whole team would roam since that plan backfires quickly when the attacking team just rushes in to site.

As for the roaming meta on the whole, I don't really see it as a bad thing. Roaming just encourages droning by the attacking team, which is what they should be doing anyway.

Disgraced

People would still gravitate towards the 3 speed operators for roaming, and it's not like the whole team would roam since that plan backfires quickly when the attacking team just rushes in to site.
They would, and the whole team absolutely does. In fact, on some sites it is imperative to abandon the site and defend it by proxy. Playing for retake is also very much a thing.
As for the roaming meta on the whole, I don't really see it as a bad thing. Roaming just encourages droning by the attacking team, which is what they should be doing anyway.
That's because it isn't exactly. What heavy, omnipresent roaming is, is even more unwelcoming and unfun for newer, less experienced, and bad players. The people the game needs to be fun for first. It's possible imo for a and the skill gap to be too high, and I believe it's a problem this game is facing more and more as it goes, Rockette legs it has aside.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I opened an alpha pack, got some headgear for Rook (apparently it was epic), but when I go to customize Rook, the headgear item I got isn't there. Wtf?

They would, and the whole team absolutely does. In fact, on some sites it is imperative to abandon the site and defend it by proxy. Playing for retake is also very much a thing.

Depends on the site and what you consider roaming. Is 3 on site and 2 off site together holding control on the otherside of the building considered roaming?
Is defending Kid's Bedroom on House from the Workshop, Bathroom and Master Bedroom roaming?

Attempting the same kind of thing on say, Clubhouse's basement defence would backfire quickly as long as the attacking team is a attentive enough to drone out, realise nobdy is on site and rush through the tunnel for a quick plant and hold.
Retakes are a thing, true, but they're situational for the map/site.

That's because it isn't exactly. What heavy,
omnipresent roaming is, is even more unwelcoming and unfun for newer, less experienced, and bad players. The people the game needs to be fun for first. It's possible imo
for a and the skill gap to be too high, and I believe it's a problem this game is facing more and more as it goes, Rockette legs it has aside.

I'm pretty happy to just disagree on that. Too late for me to get into.

As for the level 10 getting killed challenging long angles, stop challenging long angles.

shanafan

Probably joining this game too late, but jumped in yesterday on PC and enjoying the game so far. I played 3 situations, and have played about 6 MP matches. Still learning the mechanics obivously, but it's good so far.

Anyways, been a hit and miss with the community so far. Just finished a relaxed game with a group of nice players (we finished 3-0, I got 2 kills) but the prior game just two people in it who screamed at me. "Ash, what the fuck gun are you using!" and "Make sure you use your two barricades you POS." I even got shot at after I used my two barricades so I dunno what else I could have done wrong.

I know the gaming community can be toxic, but holy hell, calm down ;)

Probably joining this game too late, but jumped in yesterday on PC and enjoying the game so far. I played 3 situations, and have played about 6 MP matches. Still learning the mechanics obivously, but it's good so far.

Anyways, been a hit and miss with the community so far. Just finished a relaxed game with a group of nice players (we finished 3-0, I got 2 kills) but the prior game just two people in it who screamed at me. "Ash, what the fuck gun are you using!" and "Make sure you use your two barricades you POS." I even got shot at after I used my two barricades so I dunno what else I could have done wrong.

IKR, some people tried to kick me because I didnt have enough defenders and choose the rookie

I joined on February and have clocked 250 hours since, and I don't think there's any better time to start than now. What I find has helped reduce toxicity to being almost non-existent is disabling text chat -- if they're not on mic, they're not worth paying attention to.

shanafan

I joined on February and have clocked 250 hours since, and I don't think there's any better time to start than now. What I find has helped reduce toxicity to being almost non-existent is disabling text chat -- if they're not on mic, they're not worth paying attention to.

I debated on disabling voice chat, but I didn't want to miss any call outs.

IKR, some people tried to kick me because I didnt have enough defenders and choose the rookie

Yeah, one of the rude ones purposely kept choosing my only defender operator and then changing it right before the round started.

Yeah, one of the rude ones purposely kept choosing my only defender operator and then changing it right before the round started.

That sucks man, sorry to hear you've had a shit experience. Despite being a very experienced player, I never really play by myself because I hate having the realization that all my team-mates are actually just shitty children lol

Well, that confirms the toxic mine theory. I wonder how it'll work in practice, since presumably it won't kill instantly but will release a gas cloud like Smoke or perhaps it's a poison that deals damage over time. The latter could be interesting because it'll force attackers to rush once they're hit by it.

Also I don't really mind Ubisoft taking some of the ACOG sights off the defenders. The MP7 shouldn't really have it but it makes sense for Jager to have one on his carbine. It makes zero sense to try and balance any balancing by messing with the attackers optics.

Auctopus

The Concept/2D character artist for the operators does some really great work.

Looking forward to how disfigured this design comes out after the 3D character modelers get their hands on it.

I'm fine if Jager or even Bandit loses ACOG, their guns are too good as it is and they have superb mobility allowing them to keep their flanking abilities. But with the ACOG and mobility not only can they re-position quickly but also take long angles which is a bit too much. With the changes to lighting allowing defenders to see very easily outside without being too close to a hole/window it'd mean they can use their ACOG from the middle of the room to look way outside and that'd be super annoying.

I'd riot if the attackers lose ACOG though.

Yeah Jager and Bandit should lose the ACOG. To me, it fits with the overall setup for defenders and attackers where attackers have longer range rifles and defenders have shotguns and SMGs (in general). I think the French MP5 has an ACOG which is good. The defenders should be at a disadvantage if they try to engage at a long range. Some of the additional cover they've given helps with the spawn killing but I think they could go a little further. I think some maps like Bartlett U. favor the defenders spawn kill because of the tree cover. It blocks the attackers' view of the windows but the defenders can see the lower body.

shanafan

Curious, what is the point of the season pass and the DLC? I own the base game. What am I missing out without owning Year 1/Year 2 DLC?

Without the DLC, do I get all of the maps? The only difference being I get the operators as part of the season pass?
maps are for everyone. Season Pass is only a shortcut to getting the new operators.

There are some other benefits like increased renown gain, a bit of the premium currency, and I think a skin or two. You arent missing anything really though, as long as you play enough to buy the ops.

I bought the season 2 pass after using renown for all the season 1 ops. Figured a game I spent 300 hours playing spending another 30 bucks on wasnt bad, and I didnt expect to play enough in season 2 to afford all 8 ops.

boinx

Jesus christ I'm itching for that new dlc like a mothafucka, especially now that we're getting 3 operators at once. It's been so long since we had some new shit.

Top Bottom