• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

Camper182

This game is severely underrated

I bought FO4, BO3, Battlefront

and yet this is the only game that actually provides me with variety and super tense moments that i don't find in those other games

my game of the year, and possibly next year aswell from the looks of it !

I keep reading conflicting information on this.

Does this mean now you can spray a wall and you'll get a visual indicator that you've hit a player?

this is what I understand it as but I could very well be wrong.

There's no way they're doing this. This is what the game was like during the first closed alpha and they changed it due to overwhelmingly negative response.

From reddit, some more thoughts:

Except wat? There's no hit indicators. There's kill indicators, which are still present in Ranked. The only thing they are adding are "hit" indicators when you destroy a gadget. You've never gotten hit indicators for striking an enemy, at least not since the early Alpha.

Can't, at work. But I highly doubt, regardless of what that says, that they would re-add actual hitmarkers into ranked and not casual. If they're adding both back in, it would make no sense since they removed them due to extreme negative feedback early in the testing phase (Alpha). I almost guarantee the "hit" indicators are what I said - indicators that show when you hit a gadget, like Mute's jammers, Jaeger's Defense Systems or Bandit's shock terminals.
So when you said "spraying the hole to see if they get a hit indicator", that's bogus. You can spray the wall, and if you get hit indicators currently (in Casual) it means you either killed someone, or destroyed a gadget. Either way, it would be luck and would've happened with or without these indicators - the information you garnered from those indicators doesn't give you an advantage, because spraying the same area that got you the indicator would do nothing since the thing you hit is already destroyed/dead.

This makes sense. I feel like "Indicator" on some of those metrics should be "Notification" or something like that. "Scoring Indicator" refers to the score notification you get, so maybe "Hit Indicator" is more the effect you receive when you're shot/hit OR its the Hit Indicator for gadgets.

I don't see Hit Markers appearing for anything but kills.

Klyka

Banned
I keep reading conflicting information on this.

Does this mean now you can spray a wall and you'll get a visual indicator that you've hit a player?

A hit indicator is a little indicator that shows up on your crosshair that says you just landed a hit on an enemy.

So yes,if you think an enemy is behind a wall/barricade and you shoot through it,you will get hit indicators that tell you that you have hit an enemy.

edit: and apparently this is just for gadgets? alright then

Yeah, egg on Ubi's face for using a very confusing term, but I don't think we're getting Hit Markers, as we understand them. I'd seriously sell the game if that happened--it is a big part of why I ignored the game at Alpha.

Kinda forgot this was updating today. Any idea when? I was thinking of jumping on pretty soon. Will it be worth grabbing the 4k textures if I'm still running on an old 1080p screen?

Kinda forgot this was updating today. Any idea when? I was thinking of jumping on pretty soon. Will it be worth grabbing the 4k textures if I'm still running on an old 1080p screen?

Maintenance is now commencing, update will be available when Maintenance is done, approx. 1 hour. You can download it for free under the DLC tab via Uplay. You can try it, it is free after all.

Really?...You'd sell a game because of hitmarkers?

I'd sell this game because of hit markers. I never said I was against hit markers, in general. I haven't been living in a cave since Battlefield 2 came out :)

There's a reason they were removed almost immediately after the first Closed Alpha: no one wanted them. People were able to just spray walls to detect or kill enemies.

4K textures are up for download, 8.77 GB

BTW I quoted that from Ubisoft regarding 4k textures:

DLC Ultra-HD Texture Pack now available for PC players.
The Ultra-HD texture pack will upgrade some of the most common textures in the game, such as characters, and weapons, to a new level of visual fidelity. This higher level of detail can be best appreciated while playing the game in 4K resolution, but it’s not limited to that.

The Rainbow Six Siege team put a lot of effort to try to deliver a solid and scalable experience to the PC community, so those of you running a 4 GB GPU will still be able to enjoy this texture pack from 1080p to 1440p resolutions.

Those of you with the high-end 6+ GB GPUs, you will be able to play the game in sharp 4K resolution, along with these Ultra-HD textures under standard lighting and shading options.
Last but not least, for those of you with the MEGA PCs with dual GPUs and with more than 6 GB of video ram, you will be able to run 4K, with the Ultra-HD textures, and with the highest settings of lighting, and shading which take advantage of tech like displacement mapping.

4K textures are up for download, 8.77 GB

Yeah that's the only blocker I was worried about since I have a crappy download speed. It's not as large as I expected it to be actually though and since it comes under dlc I'm guessing, or at least hoping that if I get tired of waiting I can just fire up the game when the servers are back up.

Wait, displacement mapping?! Was that already in or is that coming with the HD textures pack? If it's with the pack I think I'd be tempted to just pass up the textures and opt for displacement mapping.

Yeah that's the only blocker I was worried about since I have a crappy download speed. It's not as large as I expected it to be actually though and since it comes under dlc I'm guessing, or at least hoping that if I get tired of waiting I can just fire up the game when the servers are back up.

Yeah, 4k textures are only optional, so not really needed if you only want to enjoy the game.

It hasn't connected once for me yet since I got the game just after launch. Regular multiplayer is no problem, but TH, regardless of difficulty selected just drops me back to the title screen, even after it finds a game to connect to.

I've seen some posts on other forums mention it, but after trying it repeatedly (the suggested 'fix'), still no luck. It's kind of weird, and TH is a pain solo.
Oh that sucks... Do any of the other forums give a solution?
With me it's almost instantly. Europe though, if that makes a difference.

Fury451

Banned
Oh that sucks... Do any of the other forums give a solution?
With me it's almost instantly. Europe though, if that makes a difference.

US here, and no so far I haven't stumbled across anything informative. Only fix suggested is basically to close and reopen that particular mode a few times, which had no effect.

I was thinking maybe there is an issue with my game overall, but I don't know why it would just affect one part of it. I can do Lonewolf just fine, I'm going to try to set up a private match this weekend and see if I have any issues.

US here, and no so far I haven't stumbled across anything informative. Only fix suggested is basically to close and reopen that particular mode a few times, which had no effect.

I was thinking maybe there is an issue with my game overall, but I don't know why it would just affect one part of it. I can do Lonewolf just fine, I'm going to try to set up a private match this weekend and see if I have any issues.
Good luck man. Shame.. Thunt is amazing. So you have something to look forward to.

Dammit, just updated and the data center issue is still ever prevalent, have to relaunch the game several times to get out of the southern brazil data center. I think they only acknowledged the problem in the patch notes but I had hoped it wouldn't be so bad.

Let's set this straight for future reference.

Hit Indicators = When you're operator gets hit by an enemy bullet. It will tell you which direction you got shot from.

Hit Confirmation = When you destroy a gadget or if you shoot a friendly.

Kill Confirmation = When an enemy is dead.

KodaRuss

I guess this game is going to force me to get my uplay account working. I dont understand why I cant just login to uplay when I login to my PS4. Maybe I am doing something wrong but it just seems like a huge pain all the time with Ubisoft games.

Erban1

downloading the patch now on ps4. I'll be on as soon as the servers are back up if anyone wants to play.

PSN: moneyman232

A Ubisoft title's life is already predetermined in the board meeting. To each their own though :)

This applies to almost every game, though. Every game's lifecycle is usually predetermined in advance.

Buying the Season Pass to support the game isn't necessarily an attempt to extend a lifecycle, but to ensure the game is supported throughout its lifecycle and hopefully give them metrics to justify a sequel.

Ooccoo

I played my first match yesterday

We were attackers. I saw someone, destroyed a wall and exhanged fire. I thought he wasn't alone so I tossed a grenade only to lose immediately by killing the hostage. It was a match point too and someone said "Why did you toss a grenade?". Well, it was my first game and I sucked. I got crazy lag spikes too, like 900+ ping sometimes and weird bugs where I couldn't move anymore. When it worked though the game is incredibly tense.

Ubi said it would around 25000.

Besides, 2500 would be way too easy to get, especially when their plan is to also sell them.

Oh shit--source? I mean, 2500 makes sense.

500--1000--1500--2000--2500

25000 apiece sounds pretty insane.

Are they selling them individually, too?

Drewfonse

I don't know if it's just early access or if it's early unlock.

Pretty sure they'll be 2500 renown each, btw--not 25000 :)

Thank Yahweh for that shit then. I thought I read 25000 and nearly fell out of my chair. At my level of incompetence, it would take me ages to buy even one of them.

Grimsen

Thank Yahweh for that shit then. I thought I read 25000 and nearly fell out of my chair. At my level of incompetence, it would take me ages to buy even one of them.

Thankfully, Ubi has a solution for incompetents like us.

Incompetents with money, of course.

:p

Plumpman

Actually 25k doesn't sound that crazy. Some of the weapon skins are 10k.

By the time the operators are out, if you play fairly regularly, you would probably have a bunch saved up. I like that price, gives some incentive to save other than skins.

Thanks, I must have missed this entirely. Some tidbits:

Each new post-launch operator can be unlocked by playing approximately 25 hours (approx. 25,000 Renown). The data we have suggests that the average FPS player spends 8-10 hours a week playing their favorite FPS (also in-line with our observation during the closed beta), so it should only take between two to three weeks maximum to unlock an operator.

I assume they're releasing 2 operators per content drop? I guess that's not SO bad...still don't know how I feel about it, though.

Top Bottom