• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six Vegas 2 |OT| of no auto shotguns

methane47

This game is absolutely a blast to play... But GOOD GOD the online play is an exercise in patience and understanding... I really wanted to pop out the game and tear the BD to pieced...

When I search for games... it will return a bunch of servers... Only problem is... game will not connect to ANY OF THEM AT ALL!! WTF?!

When me and my bud start a co-op story online... game goes fine.. .then bam he gets kicked... I send him another invite... he tries to join... NOPE but you can't ... cuz he constantly fails to connect..... Then If I jump out and leave the game and start a new one... when I invite him it will connect and load but right before he gets in the game.. it will tell him unable to connect WTF WTF !!!

Only solution is to restart my game... WTF?!?!!
verses mode is also another tribulation for me... First of all.. you pretty much can't chose specifically what map or options you want... because you probably can't connect to that game.. so you just have to return ALL... and keep on trying them until one connects WTF?!

And then when you're actaully in the game... Its only a matter of time before you're booted out of the game... Not by the host of course... but by the game itself...

painey

beat realistic story today.. i joined a co-op game with this guy who was so hardcore it was scary.. despite being a new game he knew all the dialogue and even how to complete entire levels in stealth, killing as few enemies as possible and stopping guys spawning. Needless to say I didnt explain my fear that he was deranged and just rode on his coattails towards the achievement, popping up occasionally when he demanded i took out enemies and spoke in army slang.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
painey said:
beat realistic story today.. i joined a co-op game with this guy who was so hardcore it was scary.. despite being a new game he knew all the dialogue and even how to complete entire levels in stealth, killing as few enemies as possible and stopping guys spawning. Needless to say I didnt explain my fear that he was deranged and just rode on his coattails towards the achievement, popping up occasionally when he demanded i took out enemies and spoke in army slang.

LMAO!

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
This is the first R6 game I've played on a console. Last R6 game I played period, was Rogue Spear. It's a very fun game, and Terrorist Hunt is all kinds of win.

I'm just about to hit Officer, and have just finished up ACES. Now, is it just me, or are the ACES ranks over way too soon? I'm on about 130,000XP, have maxed the ACES, meaning I will have no more XP boosts, but to get Elite you have to get 400,000XP. It seems like it's going to be next to impossible! The ACES should have carried on for the rest of the game, even if it just meant getting an XP boost every 10,000XP or something. Just a little incentive.

I have to :lol at the shotguns. They're so over-powered it's unreal. Why are there even shotguns in a R6 game? Who the fuck thought that was a good idea? It wouldn't be so bad, but a player with an AR faces zero chance of survival when put up next to a shotgun-wielding player.

The story mode is shit, but I think everyone guessed the same.

I haven't played much online other than THunt, but I must do another :lol to all those who camp on the balcony in CQB Training near the spawn in TDM. I love rapelling up to the building on the left or right (depending on which side you spawn), hopping through the building to the next rapel point, and then shooting a ton of guys camping there trying to pick off our players.

Because the part of the map next to them is inaccessible, they don't expect anyone to shoot through the gaps. :lol

Concept17

cjelly said:
This is the first R6 game I've played on a console. Last R6 game I played period, was Rogue Spear. It's a very fun game, and Terrorist Hunt is all kinds of win.

I'm just about to hit Officer, and have just finished up ACES. Now, is it just me, or are the ACES ranks over way too soon? I'm on about 130,000XP, have maxed the ACES, meaning I will have no more XP boosts, but to get Elite you have to get 400,000XP. It seems like it's going to be next to impossible! The ACES should have carried on for the rest of the game, even if it just meant getting an XP boost every 10,000XP or something. Just a little incentive.

I have to :lol at the shotguns. They're so over-powered it's unreal. Why are there even shotguns in a R6 game? Who the fuck thought that was a good idea? It wouldn't be so bad, but a player with an AR faces zero chance of survival when put up next to a shotgun-wielding player.

The story mode is shit, but I think everyone guessed the same.

I haven't played much online other than THunt, but I must do another :lol to all those who camp on the balcony in CQB Training near the spawn in TDM. I love rapelling up to the building on the left or right (depending on which side you spawn), hopping through the building to the next rapel point, and then shooting a ton of guys camping there trying to pick off our players.

Because the part of the map next to them is inaccessible, they don't expect anyone to shoot through the gaps. :lol

Did you grind THunt for that 130k or? I'm curious as I've done quite a bit already, and am only at about 60k.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Concept17 said:
Did you grind THunt for that 130k or? I'm curious as I've done quite a bit already, and am only at about 60k.
If 'having fun with some buddies on my FL' is 'grinding' then, yes, I did grind.

I should probably clarify: I haven't intentionally grinded, I've just played an absolute shit-ton of THunt.

Mostly on CQB and MurderTown.

Concept17

cjelly said:
If 'having fun with some buddies on my FL' is 'grinding' then, yes, I did grind.

I should probably clarify: I haven't intentionally grinded, I've just played an absolute shit-ton of THunt.

Mostly on CQB and MurderTown.

Gotcha.

Concept17 said:

You rank up much quicker in t-hunt than the story mode. I've beat the game twice and played t-hunt just a little and i've probably got more xp from the limited t-hunt time i've had.

cjelly said:

I just started to notice last night how imbalanced ACES is to XP progression.

I'm rounding level 17 in two of the ACES category, yet I still have a long ways to go in rank progression, I'll be through ACES by the time I'm an Officer.

They definitely should have extended the ACES progression, or balanced it better to fall in line witht he rank progression.

I just finished the single-player mode today. I don't understand why people were saying it doesn't bring closure to the cliff-hanger at the end of Rainbow Six Vegas 1. I mean, yeah, the ending is kinda corny but at least it wraps it all up.

Anyway, this game is a blast. I'm totally going to play campaign again on realistic which is something I didn't bother doing with Vegas 1. I'm also getting into the multiplayer quite a bit. I lost two ranked matches today, but I was the best player in the room each time. :p Ah well. A group of skilled friends is invaluable I guess.

Fuck the haters with a captital F. This game is awesome.

Quazar said:
I think the ACES system sucks. The idea is cool, but it's just pointless.

I disagree that it's pointless, it's definitely a fun way of unlocking weapons, and it's addicting to try to accomplish specific actions for points. like shooting people behind cover, using explosives, etc.

What they should have done is limit your character to be able to only prevail in one of the three ACES categories, so there would be some decision making involved, and team balancing for clans.

They should have also made ACES much much longer, or incorporate the equivalent to the prestige system in COD.

Quazar

MrCompletely said:
I disagree that it's pointless, it's definitely a fun way of unlocking weapons, and it's addicting to try to accomplish specific actions for points. like shooting people behind cover, using explosives, etc.

What they should have done is limit your character to be able to only prevail in one of the three ACES categories, so there would be some decision making involved, and team balancing for clans.

They should have also made ACES much much longer, or incorporate the equivalent to the prestige system in COD.

I don't know man. I personally don't get any addictive feeling from unlocking weapons in this game. Only thing I like is the exp boost and that is short lived. As for what they should of done isn't of question at all with my original point.

But, I did think the system would of been a lot more geared to ones play style.(With all different types of long term perks) Instead it just leads people to hurry and cap each one.(Which isn't hard) Almost a nuisance really just to get remaining EXP+

"What they should have done is limit your character to be able to only prevail in one of the three ACES categories, so there would be some decision making involved, and team balancing for clans."

I guess you summed up pretty much how I feel. :p

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Played the rec center mission now, and man, the story mode is utter drivel, and utter shit. :lol

Funniest thing was when my friend waited by a wall for me to respawn, and the game respawned me OUTSIDE the map. He then proceeds to die, and gets respawned next to me... also outside the map. :lol

painey

Is there any way to play longer Versus games? Everyone I play seems to be 3 mins at best due to 1 respawn and small teams. It takes longer to load the lobby and map than it does to play.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
painey said:
Is there any way to play longer Versus games? Everyone I play seems to be 3 mins at best due to 1 respawn and small teams. It takes longer to load the lobby and map than it does to play.
I normally host my own 10 minute rounds, unlimited respawn player matches.

Invite a few other buddies in, allow join in progress and restrict all shotguns and you'll have some other people join within 10 minutes.

Edit: I should probably clarify: It sounds like you're playing Ranked matches. Ranked is 2 respawns and then it shoves you back. Try Player Matches.

Playing this in campaign at the moment, and to be honest, I'm not impressed. I originally started playing Rogue Spear on the PC to get a different expierence offered by your Quakes and Unreals. Slow, measured, tactical methodical gameplay, and I love it. Fast forward to Vegas, and I have unstable framerates, poor physics, AI, and linear, tired gameplay.

Walk through corridor (hear the same fax, phone samples from original Vegas)
Tag enemies behind door.
Send team through door, shoot through window
Rinse repeat.

I hate the fact that the Rainbow experience has been diluted to this. COD 4 is superior in every fashion, there's no dynamism, and little fun to be had in this game.. They've basically released Vegas One out-takes and chucked it in this 'sequel'.

Maybe the online component saves the game, but going from 60 frames of COD to this 30 frames bore fest will be tough.

I don't even care anymore if Ubi are bought by EA, as they're becoming just as bad.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Damn, Vegas 1 is still in the top 10. I'm curious to see what the sales through this month will be like. Team Deathmatch is probably the most popular of the ranked game types, and there are close to 150,000 people on it.

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
Thx for the post.

I wish they would say numbers or some way to know a comparison of how much of a lead some games have. Just seems hard to believe Fifa 08 is carrying even 1/10th of some of those titles :/

SupahBlah

Banned
vumpler said:
Thx for the post.

I wish they would say numbers or some way to know a comparison of how much of a lead some games have. Just seems hard to believe Fifa 08 is carrying even 1/10th of some of those titles :/

Europe still has people on the 360. :lol

Be more on the PS3 though, my PS3 friends list is filled with everyone on FIFA08.

evanylee

I believe that this game was rushed. The graphics in this game are so horrible, it's inexcusable. In the gunsight of the MG36, the numbers are backwards, like they didn't check all the image textures. I don't know if that's how it is in the real gun, but being backwards doesn't make sense.

The saving grace of this game is it's muliplayer gameplay. The multiplayer is tactical and requires teamwork to win.

C'mon, look at the damn sink!

r6v2suck.jpg

Troidal

I finished the campaign earlier today on normal, man it's much shorter than the first game and totally anti-climactic, even worse than the first one. In fact, it doesnt even resolve the first game's story either. W-T-F, super disappointmentabomb.

There's still realistic difficulty, t-hunt and maxing out your EXP but man now I see why people really bitched about this game. It's not even Vegas 1.5, it's like fucking 1.2. I regret I paid full price for this :-/

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
Troidal said:
I regret I paid full price for this :-/

I would have too, if my plan from the start wasn't to sell it on Ebay by mid-April while it is still fetching $40-$45. That's the cost of a Gamefly rental without having to deal with the wait.

Terrorist Hunt alone has filled the GTA4 gap quite nicely, but now that I've maxed my ACES, the fun is fading.

Troidal said:
I finished the campaign earlier today on normal, man it's much shorter than the first game and totally anti-climactic, even worse than the first one. In fact, it doesnt even resolve the first game's story either. W-T-F, super disappointmentabomb.

There's still realistic difficulty, t-hunt and maxing out your EXP but man now I see why people really bitched about this game. It's not even Vegas 1.5, it's like fucking 1.2. I regret I paid full price for this :-/

Wow! ...that is really sad. I just purchased Vegas1 thru Steam...but hearing that, don't know if I'll even bother with Vegas2 =/

AMUSIX

evanylee said:
C'mon, look at the damn sink!

r6v2suck.jpg
Yes, the game was rushed (EVERY Rainbow Six since the first one has shown signs of rush) but I'm trying to see what I'm supposed to with the sink. Looks like a fairly common modern basin sink and tap design. A bit low-poly, but it's very much a background element. Is there something else?

Geoff9920

Treo360 said:
WTF??? Are you fucking serious UBI? It's no fucking wonder why the Rainbow series has gone down the fucking drain. I mean I tolerated the Halo health regen from the first one, and the shitty cover system in multiplayer, but a
Vehicle boss fight? Are you fucking serious? Really serious? Glad I borrowed this one.
Dude, I just beat this section. Seriously, wtf was UBI thinking?

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
OK WHAT THE FLYING FUCK

Every game I try to join in Vegas 2 gets me kicked to the XMB. :/

Deepblue

Banned
AMUSIX said:
Yes, the game was rushed (EVERY Rainbow Six since the first one has shown signs of rush) but I'm trying to see what I'm supposed to with the sink. Looks like a fairly common modern basin sink and tap design. A bit low-poly, but it's very much a background element. Is there something else?
I see zero textures there.

Aurora

comrade said:
No reason?:lol
Has nothing to do with that. The glitch just allows you to kill enemies ultra fast over and over again, you're not actually glitching the ranking system.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
Did the nightvision/thermal vision glitch make it to Vegas 2? You know, you're behind cover (so you don't get a crosshair) but you hold RB to get the thermal/night vision selector. You then use the circle in the middle of the thermal/night vision selector as a crosshair to perfectly line up.

Doc Evils

I was watching a guy and his girlfriend play co-op at a store, and I was roughly 15 meters away and I clearly could see the game dropping frames rate to around some like 10 to 15 fps. What the fuck was ubisoft thinking?

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Doc Evils said:
I was watching a guy and his girlfriend play co-op at a store, and I was roughly 15 meters away and I clearly could see the game dropping frames rate to around some like 10 to 15 fps. What the fuck was ubisoft thinking?

$$

So no one has that XMB bug?

RoH

Teetris said:
$$

So no one has that XMB bug?

I do! and its must be patched, if its not I'm selling the game; no if and or buts... I can be kicked to the XMB six time in a row!

evanylee

the voice acting uses the same sound files from R6V1

However, there are some new ones, like my fav,
"Investigate.....but not alone."

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
RoH said:
I do! and its must be patched, if its not I'm selling the game; no if and or buts... I can be kicked to the XMB six time in a row!

You'd think the bugs from the first game would be fixed in the second game. Hell, they should have been fixed in Vegas 1 with a patch. Seriously, they even have that eternal shooting bug still present. Asses. I can't believe how they keep getting away with this.

Vaxadrin

Banned
Doc Evils said:

The game sold 2 million copies.

That's what Ubisoft was thinking.

Raide

Well, Vegas 2 seems to have really quietened down. What are peoples thoughts now the game has been out a while?

If you guys want XP, just play Team leader.

Also, the game didnt give me three achievements, one for PFC like everyone else, beating the game on realistic, and for playing as knight for one scene even though i unlocked the play for 5 and 10 scenes achievment. Worst of all, im ashamed for caring.

Whats the word on a future upsate? May?

Everdred

I haven't had a chance to play for about 2 weeks but I'm planning on playing today for 6-8 hours. I still really enjoy this games multiplayer and with the right people co-op is a blast. Terrorist Hunt + Team Leader = awesome

Top Bottom