• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six Vegas 2 |OT| of no auto shotguns

Concept17

Uno Ill Nino said:
Apples and oranges. I own both and love them both. Army of Two is completely refreshing to me in an "over the top" kinda way. Its really like this generation's Contra, IMO. Well, maybe Halo is but Army of Two is great. Plus the "Aggro" system makes it feel very unique from the other shooters. The characters are easy to like and have funny stuff to say. And the story is interesting enough to keep you feeling like you're involved in the events of these character's lives. Its basically "DIE HARD" but its FUN and easy to follow.

Rainbow Six Vegas 2 is great because you play it with more people and its far more realistic. And Terrorist Hunt is my favorite thing about it. I don't care about the story really because it doesn't even tie into Vegas 1 in the ways you'd want it to, so TH is where its at. Its the opposite of AoT in a lot of ways. Very hard to compare the two.

If I could only have one, I'd get R6V2 just because all my friends have it and it'll have a longer life in my system. I'm glad I didn't have to choose though because they're both awesome.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Both are extremely fun games in two completely different ways.

QVT

Fair-weather, with pride!
Okay, the game is completely broken. Lone Wolf terrorist hunt is IMPOSSIBLE. On casual low i'm getting raped badly. I made it to 7 this last time because of a lucky grenade bounce but holy shit how are you supposed to beat this? It's not nearly this hard on realistic high with two people.

calder

I love how in lone wolf t-hunt you can clear an area with the care and deliberation of an OCD sufferer but as soon as you advance a bit and clear another room 3 more guys will spawn beside you the second you start reloading your guns. I swear on the refinery level those last two fucker must have fast-roped from the goddamn clouds in order to flank me from the EMPTY side of the map I spent 10 nerve wracking minutes clearing. And of course you don't hear those idiots running up behind you until you take the first shotty blast to the back about 1/1000th of a second after starting the endless reload on your LMG. !(#*$!(#@*$(!@#*

QVT

Fair-weather, with pride!
After posting I managed to beat it, but shit. That's hard. Realistic High can't be done just because of the spawn patterns. Ridonk! I'm going to try with the squad now, although i hate them.

Troidal

Finally got my copy!

First off, let me just say I played Vegas 1 for about a year with my friends, mostly terrorist hunt and some coop. Coming back to the game with Vegas 2, I can definitely say I will most likely spend equal, if not more time on this game than the first espcially with the new XP system.

Graphics look like it took a hit, you can particularly notice less polygon counts on character and object models (like cars). I think since the first game mostly took place during the night or indoors, it looked fine, but now there's a lot of daytime outdoor levels and I guess it just doesn't look as good (Unreal Engine 3 or developer's fault?). I also used the Livecam to put my face on the character and it isn't as well-represented compared to the first game...I mean, is that really me? :lol I think they downgraded models to compensate for larger maps and less loading, but that's just my first-hand guess so far.

The game seems harder even on Normal, in both campaign and T-hunt. The cheap enemy spawns in T-hunt is still there which is annoying as shit I admit. I think adding respawn for your team members is actually a good thing because the enemy respawns are that much cheaper now. If there were no respawns, it's definitely a challenge...I've tried playing T-hunt solo on Normal, and I was getting owned constantly.

Also, now that bullets go through some of the covers (like wooden fences), you tend to not realize that and get killed in the process...I'm sure I just need to get used to this though.

So far, I'm lovin' it but essentially it is Vegas 1.5. The new set features like the XP system and sprinting aren't exactly revolutionary, but it's the 1.5 improvement that stands out the most. I bit the bullet and paid full price but I'm a fan of Vegas so I think I am getting my money's worth, especially if I'm playing for a long time! If you loved Vegas 1 and want more, get it! :)

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Rented this game. Loved Vegas 1 and this seems to be even better. A.C.E.S. system is great and online (360) seems to be more stable. Although the spawn camping is annoying still. :(

Quazar

Well TH were fun for awhile. But I'm not feeling online at all and SP is obviously for achievements at this point. Loved the first Vegas online. Don't know why I don't like this one nearly as much. The maps are a cluttered mess IMO. Think I'll be selling this after I finish SP up.

Dama

Banned
the only thing i hate about vegas 2 is the online crap. first of all, it takes a long time to start a match and then the host has the ability to kick out players anytime they ant. so if you or your team is better then the host, you are most likely to be booted. also, why the fuck can i only play 1 match in ranked? give us the option to play 2 out of 3 or something.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I'm really enjoying the single player so far. Seems a more balanced challenge than the last game.
I even jumped online for my first R6V online experience. Wow totally different pace. It's gonna take me quite awhile to get used to it. Even had my first experience with a spawn camper. Just sitting behind a file cabinet in our spawn room.

Asshat ate lead. :)

Spawn campers shouldn't be as much of a problem with balanced teams. Plus if you have been spawn camped once, you should prolly have an idea of where the guy is hiding. When you come back in, toss a grenade right away and it'll likely be the last time you get killed like that.

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
There has never been a better case of 30 vs. 60 fps than Vegas2 and COD4.

After playing Vegas2 for a while, going back to COD4 multiplayer nearly made me nauseus because COD4 was so fast and smooth.

I think I'm just going to stick to COD4 when it comes to multiplayer.

comrade

The netcode is pathetic in the PS3 version of this game. Horrible lag, drop-outs constantly. Not to mention I can't even FIND a co-op terrorist hunt game on ANY map, ANY difficulty, and ANY language. My friend has a whole list of games that show up yet can't join any of them but a list of games shows up fine for me for Versus.

Even with all that said this game is really fun the few times it's worked.

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
I also can't get used to just sitting in a server and having some dickhead chat away without starting the round. Give me matchmaking and auto start/voting any day.

Overall, the whole experience in Vegas2 multiplayer just feels so "last gen".

VALIS

Very important thing I just found out here: If you're playing via a VGA cable on 360, or the game just looks too dark in general, turn the brightness up to 10 in the options menu now. The difference is incredible. Every darker area in this game just looked black, now I can see loads of previously missed details in those dark areas. It's not too bright, either. In fact, brightness 10 looks very neutral. Although, I'm currently in a dark-ish warehouse. Maybe it's gonna be too bright in an outdoors/daytime level, we'll see. But for inside, it's perfect.

DeadCell

QVT said:
After posting I managed to beat it, but shit. That's hard. Realistic High can't be done just because of the spawn patterns. Ridonk! I'm going to try with the squad now, although i hate them.
Wrong.

I beat CQB Training, High Density, Realistic Difficulty, with only my Glock 18... all by myself. :)

Sure I would run out into the open to get some attention, then lure them back to my ladder of death... but what matters is that I beat it. :D

purg3

slept with Malkin
chespace said:
I also can't get used to just sitting in a server and having some dickhead chat away without starting the round. Give me matchmaking and auto start/voting any day.

That and the constant spawn camping was cool too...

Although, playing with people you know makes the game so much better, I rarely jump into random rooms anymore.

Skenzin

Banned
Quazar said:
Well TH were fun for awhile. But I'm not feeling online at all and SP is obviously for achievements at this point. Loved the first Vegas online. Don't know why I don't like this one nearly as much. The maps are a cluttered mess IMO. Think I'll be selling this after I finish SP up.

I agree to some extent. The maps are huge but feel very confined at the same time. I remember Villa being great in Ravenshield but feels weird in Vegas2. Import/Export to a lesser extent is the same.

Don't get me wrong I'm loving the game online, but does anyone else feel the controls and aiming are just off in some way. I can't explain it but it feels like Im constantly fighting the controls. I just don't remember ravenshield feeling like I was trying shoot someone underwater.

Im loving the improvements in MP graphics though. I like the re-textured maps from vegas1. (killhouse and streets mainly). Ill be playing for a long time.

Thinking of getting rid of this after beating MP co-op. Not big on the MP since I'm so used to GoD4's MP. O well. It was ok and at least I didn't pay full price for it.

Gowans

chespace said:

same, its like taking a set back in time, wheres the party system?!?!

Yesterday had 3-4 friends in a room and we had to wait for ever for some guys to join he other team just to get going, or joined some punks room who was running the server so slowly then if you did join he was booting people for "spawn" killing if you were on the other team.

:(

So I've been sticking mainly to terrorist hung on realistic, maximum density on Murder Town, so much fun. (and so co-op)

Raiden

Banned
Darkflight said:
Comcast Event multi-player map
Select the "Extras" option at the main menu. Select the "Comcast Gift" option, then enter Comcast Faster as a password to unlock the "Comcast Event" multi-player map.

This what your after?

Yeah man thanks, i really like the maps of this game.

My favorites so far:

Vegas Junkyard lol Airport 1?
CQB
Murdertown
Convention Center

Villa is overplayed, but that happens to be the case with every game, where people tend to play the most crappy map all the time.

I ordered this last night, watched a few gameplay videos, and cancelled the order. It's just not worth buying the same game again.

Brakara

chespace said:

Yeah, the matchmaking from Halo 3 and CoD4 needs to become the minimum standard for multiplayer games. I got tired of Vegas 2 when I for the fifth time in a row selected a server and found out that the game had already started and I had to wait for the round to end. Fuck that shit.

I just got done playing through the first 2 and 1/2 missions in single player campaign. So far its a total blast. Best campaign yet, IMO. The seige of the campus area was so hot it was ridiculous. The heat just gets turned up and up and up in this game. I can't believe the little bit of framerate drop is enough for people here to act like its not worth playing. :lol Fucking GAF is always good for that kind of shit though.

I feel great about my purchase. Its the best Rainbow Six game since Rainbow Six 3. It just is.

DuckRacer

Brakara said:
Yeah, the matchmaking from Halo 3 and CoD4 needs to become the minimum standard for multiplayer games. I got tired of Vegas 2 when I for the fifth time in a row selected a server and found out that the game had already started and I had to wait for the round to end. Fuck that shit.
When you're browsing matches, in the bottom-left of the screen it'll show if join-in progress is allowed or not when you're highlighting said match.
The Lamonster said:
How do these graphics compare to the last one?
They're a bit cleaner and doesn't look like it's smeared in vaseline, but they're largely the same.

Geoff9920

The Lamonster said:
How do these graphics compare to the last one?
Multiplayer graphics are now on par with the SP game, but the SP graphics are only a slight improvement over the previous games SP.

Quazar said:
You took the words right out of my mouth. I'll be trading this in towards Battlefield:Bad Company ASAP.

SUPREME1

Banned
calder said:
I love how in lone wolf t-hunt you can clear an area with the care and deliberation of an OCD sufferer but as soon as you advance a bit and clear another room 3 more guys will spawn beside you the second you start reloading your guns. I swear on the refinery level those last two fucker must have fast-roped from the goddamn clouds in order to flank me from the EMPTY side of the map I spent 10 nerve wracking minutes clearing. And of course you don't hear those idiots running up behind you until you take the first shotty blast to the back about 1/1000th of a second after starting the endless reload on your LMG. !(#*$!(#@*$(!@#*

:lol

I feel your painz!

Dina

Fuck you, refinery. That is all.

edit: oh and another thing. The P90 is a beast, at least in SP. Just got it and it's my main gun of choice already.

Nizz

chespace said:
There has never been a better case of 30 vs. 60 fps than Vegas2 and COD4.

After playing Vegas2 for a while, going back to COD4 multiplayer nearly made me nauseus because COD4 was so fast and smooth.

I think I'm just going to stick to COD4 when it comes to multiplayer.
I think I'm just as addicted to COD 4 as you. I think if the 30fps is a solid, locked than it's fine. But I've been hearing about frame drops in RSV 2. The first one didn't run completely great (PS3 version) and I had hopes that Ubi would know the PS3 pretty ok by now. But I can't stop playing COD 4 though...

ChrisD84

I just tried TH for the first time, and shot up like 7 CQB levels in less than an hour, and a few XP ranks. It seems like it would be really easy for people to abuse this and rank up very quickly, as well as unlocking the best weapons really early on.

I don't think i'll play it again, i'd rather just earn them in regulay mp games :D

Druz

chespace said:

Would you just shut up and go play PC games, it sounds like you prefer that type.

tribal24

Banned
ok i got the ps3 version i wanna put my face in the game but everytime i take the side picture it says it invalid wth is the problem with this thing

MrHoopla

It did that to me in the first vegas. I think it has something to with the lighting, or make sure that no hair is covering your ear.

The vision camera works like shit compared to the first game. It actually worked in #1 but in this game I always came out looking like a down syndrome wax figure.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
I don't know if this has been discussed or resolved yet, so bear with me.

My friend and I played the story on Realistic from beginning to end. We get no achievement for it. So I go into scene selection and think "Hmm, okay, maybe the game glitched and didn't register a certain Act/Scene as being completed on Realistic", but all scenes and acts have it checked off that I completed it on Realistic.

WTF do I do? :(

Raide

Domino Theory said:

My friend and I played the story on Realistic from beginning to end. We get no achievement for it. So I go into scene selection and think "Hmm, okay, maybe the game glitched and didn't register a certain Act/Scene as being completed on Realistic", but all scenes and acts have it checked off that I completed it on Realistic.

Official statement from Ubisoft:

During the last days some of you have experienced issues with Rainbow Six Vegas 2, in particular multiplayer connectivity and achievements. We are aware of these issues and looking into them. We are very sorry for the trouble you may have experienced and will keep you updated regularly on the situation. Thank you for your patience.

- Ubisoft

TimeLike

Domino Theory said:

Some people who finished the game cooperatively had luck getting the achievement by starting up a game solo and completing one act or scene.

Top Bottom