• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RAMEN UNITED: The Official NeoGAF FIFA 11 Club (360)

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
k0ji-wd said:
yeh, maybe its the hair but i saw him push a couple dudes off, looked like he was a tank or something.
dBP4p.png

k0ji-wd

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

people are gonna have fun coming to this new page

Are we going to play at all during the week, or will the match days be set up for weekends only? We might be able to get enough people on weeknights to get some games going. Also, it might be a good idea to get everyone's time zones to get a better feel for who's likely to be available at what times.

LiveWire

Yea it was helpful to have koji set up Match Times to try and get as many North American/European players on at the same time as possible. go koji go! :D

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
i can often play during the week after 9 est. not tonight since i have a madden league game then dinner with the wife but generally. saturdays i'm generally good during the day and maybe super late. sundays generally very open.

Magicked

AstroLad said:
i can often play during the week after 9 est. not tonight since i have a madden league game then dinner with the wife but generally. saturdays i'm generally good during the day and maybe super late. sundays generally very open.

Yea, I'm generally open after 8 PM EST. The weekends are also generally open for me.

Cardigan

I'm available to play pretty much any time except Friday night and Saturday night. I'm a senior college student only taking 4 classes, so I have lots of free time.

my timezone is EST, I'm generally available most nights from 6PM on, I'll be splitting my time between this and the GAF NHL11 club, so if I'm not playing NHL feel free to msg me for a club game

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
just put your GT here and koji will send you an invite to the club (note that club invites are FIFA messages only viewable in-game, and not actual XBLA messages or anything).

k0ji-wd

I was thinking that the best method of setting up 'match weeks' would be to do one every 2 weeks, meaning I'll setup the next one for next weekend. In between we can play whenever we have enough people on, and I've seen that we have club members basically online at almost all times.

You could also XBL message me if i'm online and we can set shit up.

My work is flexible so I'm mostly online through the weeknights from this time on for the next 5 hours (whatever your times are).

So club members should just check online whenever they have time and chances are we'll be able to get games in.

Also, does making someone a co-manager mean anything in 11? Any one can start a game it seems.

k0ji-wd said:
I was thinking that the best method of setting up 'match weeks' would be to do one every 2 weeks, meaning I'll setup the next one for next weekend. In between we can play whenever we have enough people on, and I've seen that we have club members basically online at almost all times.
That works for me. I might try and set up a night this week for those that are free to get in a couple games.
Also, does making someone a co-manager mean anything in 11? Any one can start a game it seems.
Last year I think they could invite and boot club members. Maybe change the strip and stuff like that, too. Not sure if it's the same this year.

epik

Sorry guys, I was busy this last weekend and I will for thanksgiving as well.

However, I will clear up my friends list because it is capped at 100 right now; and I'll get you guys on my list so we can start playing ;)

k0ji-wd

Sir David Rutter said:
avoid playing as ANY - that should fix most of your lag. We're looking at why. Also - make sure you have a good open NAT setting.

Just so you guys know.

I'm going on now.

k0ji-wd said:
You sure? I thought it was three.

Since we are listing hours, I am generally on sporadically throughout the day, and usually at night after about 6-7 P.M. EST Like I said, I am always up for a game, but we must play the proper way. The beautiful way.

k0ji-wd

SmokingBarrelX said:
You sure? I thought it was three.

Since we are listing hours, I am generally on sporadically throughout the day, and usually at night after about 6-7 P.M. EST Like I said, I am always up for a game, but we must play the proper way. The beautiful way.

Yeah they changed it. You got a transfer request.

And my roommate is still playing Halo...I just spent ten hours on campus today. I came home and the door was locked, him in the living room playing Halo...I feel like I know what he did all day today...

LiveWire

ggs guys. Managed to get a goal in my debut but was unlucky for many good attempts. I think we need to have at least 1 human defender available at all times, CPU sucks so bad. :lol

k0ji-wd said:
We need to collectively get our VP ratings up :lol

Mine's a 76 CAM right now. I agree though, but it is a slow process, that is why I have only played online like five games total. They made it a bit harder this year by making the achievements based on difficulty.

From the sounds of things I think my roommate will be beating Halo: Reach tonight, which means he will move onto something else, and I should have the xbox, the way things should be. Hopefully we can play tomorrow.

k0ji-wd said:

A patch would help. My best rating is for CM, a position I can't assign my role as in the Editor. Also, I find that CDM get absolutely hammered game rating wise if they don't get forward and get on the ball, only for the game to then punish you for being out of position.

Magicked

k0ji-wd said:

Yes, definitely. I don't have a lot of time to dedicate to it, so any tips are welcome. I do have almost all of the first page accomplishments unlocked, so it's the rest I need. Since most apply on during career and online, it seems just playing a lot of games is the way to do it. Still, any tips are welcome.

shoplifter said:
Seems pointless to play cb unless you have multiple humans doing it. Just about impossible to hold a line.

Yea, the AI is just so dumb when defending. They really need to fix the ANY code or we need to get more defenders on. I'm willing to drop back as a CB if we need another one just so we can have some solidity in the middle. I still want CM to be my main position though, but I'll help out when we need it.

Chriswok said:
A patch would help. My best rating is for CM, a position I can't assign my role as in the Editor. Also, I find that CDM get absolutely hammered game rating wise if they don't get forward and get on the ball, only for the game to then punish you for being out of position.

Yea, the positioning is so annoying. I end up ignoring it and just saying "fuck the ratings." Also, CM requires a lot more stamina which is somewhat difficult to build up. My pro is always totally gassed at the end of the game. I guess it doesn't matter that much though since EA likes to neuter these things.

k0ji-wd

Magicked said:
Yes, definitely. I don't have a lot of time to dedicate to it, so any tips are welcome. I do have almost all of the first page accomplishments unlocked, so it's the rest I need. Since most apply on during career and online, it seems just playing a lot of games is the way to do it. Still, any tips are welcome.

Put your pro in Real Madrid, play BAP exhibition match against UC Dublin in the Irish league on Semi-Pro, set halves to 10 minutes, turn offsides off, turn handballs on and hog the shit out of the ball, refer to your accomplishments guide to get all the ones you can get in a single one out of the way (hat trick, 2 assists, dribble past players, etc)

Magicked

k0ji-wd said:
Put your pro in Real Madrid, play BAP exhibition match against UC Dublin in the Irish league on Semi-Pro, set halves to 10 minutes, turn offsides off, turn handballs on and hog the shit out of the ball, refer to your accomplishments guide to get all the ones you can get in a single one out of the way (hat trick, 2 assists, dribble past players, etc)

Haha, sounds good. I'll work on that later today. :D

Chriswok said:
I found there were enough options if you look through all of the CM combinations in the edit menu. I think I'm currently using CAM/box-to-box because that had the right mix for me - just enough offense and defense.
Magicked said:
Yea, the positioning is so annoying. I end up ignoring it and just saying "fuck the ratings." Also, CM requires a lot more stamina which is somewhat difficult to build up. My pro is always totally gassed at the end of the game. I guess it doesn't matter that much though since EA likes to neuter these things.
Your ratings were pretty good yesterday when we were playing. I wouldn't worry about it. :p
k0ji-wd said:
The other thing you can do if you want to really cheese it is to monkey around with the opposing team's settings in the edit menu, too. Put a short forward as goalie, set them to press a lot, etc...

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
can you get silver & gold accomplishments by playing online games vs. friends? that would be an awesome way to cheese, especially for some of those gold ones that are like make 500 slide tackles

I'm pretty sure we weren't able to do that in FIFA10, but I don't know about this year's installment. I think it has to be a ranked online match (1v1, clubs, etc...) for it to work, but it's worth a try to see if that's a quick way to do it.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
yeah probably too cheesy and they don't allow it. feel like i'm playing world of warcraft or some other nerdgame sometimes trying to level up my dude

Cornballer said:
I found there were enough options if you look through all of the CM combinations in the edit menu. I think I'm currently using CAM/box-to-box because that had the right mix for me - just enough offense and defense.

That's what I'm saying though, I can either be CAM or CDM I can't be a CM by choice. Then you look at your player profile, and it has too ratings, one for CDM and one for CM, with the CM rating a lot higher than the CDM one.

I'm currently CDM playmaker, but might change it to ball winner/box-to-box, though my standing tackle is pretty decent without the change.

If they had a vanilla CM setting, I'd use that, too. But I think you can probably find one that works for you in the options available. As far as the player rating goes, I don't get too head up about mine being lower than other people. It's tough to get the perceived rating up for midfielders because you have to work on a diverse set of stats.

IGN said:
EA: FIFA 11 the Fastest Selling Sports Game

Electronic Arts is pleased with the recent launch of FIFA 11.

According to internal company estimates, the game shattered previous sales records for the franchise through the first five days last week, selling a whopping 2.6 million copies at retail in North America and Europe.

EA claims FIFA 11 is now the fastest selling sports game ever.

"This is a landmark achievement for EA Sports - we've shattered sales records at retail, critics are praising FIFA 11 as being one of the most authentic and innovative titles ever, and fans are connecting and competing with other gamers around the world and have logged a record number of online connected game sessions," said Peter Moore, President of EA Sports.

EA estimates FIFA 11's sell-through is up 29 percent over last year's title and grossed more than $150M at retail. The first two days of the game's launch in Europe, October 1-2, was the busiest two-day period for online gaming in EA Sports history.

The publisher did not offer a region-by-region breakdown of sales figures.

EA also announced the FIFA 11 Ultimate Team mode will be available for free to PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 owners this November.
Link.

To some extent, I feel like we're all enabling bad behavior by continuing to support the FIFA franchise. I'm enjoying the game, but there are a still a lot of problems with it. It certainly could use a level of polish that it'll never receive. I get the feeling most of these problems won't be solved because their dev time from here on out will be spent on FIFA12 and DLC like Ultimate Team.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
They need to clean house in there, especially when it comes to some of the features and the presentation. It reminds me of PES in the late-PS2 and PS3 days when they were just stuck in a rut. I will say I don't feel that applies to gameplay though; think they have made some nice strides there.

epik

Here's my game face.. obviously it sucks in-game.. but still fun ;p

The eyes need work ..

I can't wait to step on the pitch with you guys for the first time! should be fun.

1phxs1.jpg

Also, my information is not on the OP..

Gamertag: epik07

add me to XBL

Top Bottom