• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Random thoughts.

badblue

Oh and also not on fire. I Always forget about the fire.

canada-wildfires.JPG

This is one of the places my wife and I like to go as of yesterday.

Last edited:

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
I've been watching EDM videos, not just music but most categories from production to evolution of genres

I've been studying electronic music a lot as it's my favorite genre of music (rock and funk are not too far behind, though) & I've been trying to be a producer... however learning the layout and making stuff sound nice is hard, for me. Doesn't help that i don't do it very often, once every couple of days/weeks or so. seeing videos on how someone goes from nothing to a complete track is so interesting and cool to me.

Not to mention that being a producer in the computer allows me to basically create any genre i want for cheap as opposed to buying real instruments and starting from there. I like the idea of making EDM, chiptune or techno but it'd also be cool to make a straight up orchestral or rock track if i wanted (If i did rock though i'm using a real guitar)
< I live for seeing shit like this

Artoris

Gold Member
My wife wants me to plan a vacation for us. What I want to do for a vacation and what she want's to do are not the same.

She wants to go somewhere to do things and see stuff. Previous vacations have had us driving around multiple hours everyday to half a dozen places. I don't want to do that anymore.

I want to go somewhere with a lake, forest and maybe a mountain and do nothing. The less people around the better.
You can always tell her that she is Minnie Mouse and you are Mickey Mouse, and your neighbors are Donald Duck and Daisy Duck then you don't have to travel for your vacation

badblue

You can always tell her that she is Minnie Mouse and you are Mickey Mouse, and your neighbors are Donald Duck and Daisy Duck then you don't have to travel for your vacation

We're already always home pretty much 24/7 since we work from home.

I need to go sit by a lake.

RavageX

It feels like something inside of me has given up. I don't know what, but I don't feel connected as far as mind/body/spirit. Everything hurts these days. I find I have no real desire to socialize much. People are wanting me to see tiktok videos or shit like that. I DON'T CARE ABOUT THAT. It doesn't matter what it is, I don't want to see it.

I have to get back on track with exercise, its not an option. I've always been able to "JUST DO IT" but it has been a real struggle.

I feel like sometimes certain people only contact me for money. I know most legit just want to know how I am and what I'm doing, want to see me and spend time with me, but I just don't have that energy. Work isn't even physically demanding, so what's going on?

It's like Im falling down a hole.

I can get to where I need to be, I just need to figure out how.

I'm considering getting a haircut. It's shoulder length atm.

Thinking about these...

(Always wore it like that)

HLq0Qqk.jpg

Left and middle.

Sigh. Such a first world issue.

Boring! Do this style

ryan-gosling-ken-barbie-live-action.png

just kiddin! Seriously you could pull off that hair style (not Ken lol)

Last edited by a moderator:

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
I suggest a mullet.

Hah! To be honest, ever since my hair is at it's current length (a year+) I've always thought that when I ever decided to cut it short I'll do it in two phases as to sport a mullet for a while just for shits and giggles. I have the perfect sunglasses and headband to boot!

Seriously you could pull off that hair style

Classic Film Hello GIF by FilmStruck

Thank you kindly Sir Nightmare ♡

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
Fwiw I personally don't like the "wew!" sample.
pretty sure that's called the think break and it was probably mixed in amongst that gigantic collection of amen breaks

I didn't make that vid, lol. It was just a shitpost i found on YT. But it could be a legitimate sampling technique used in some songs (if mixed properly)

Last edited:

Con_Z_ǝdʇ

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
i still don't get it... it sounds like a bunch of non sense.
The video 64bitmodels 64bitmodels posted is short clip of 33 slightly varied and layered amen breaks running in FL Studio. As a huge fan of Drum 'n' Bass and Break Beats it sounded like this to me...

LargeKeenBarbet-max-1mb.gif

And with that i jumped off of it with a reference to emotional confusion in hindsight of your post and it's edit.

Thanks for making me explain this.

Sticker Pain GIF by Kiszkiloszki

I feel in over my head. I feel like maybe I want her more than she wants me. I feel like there was a while were we connected more or maybe we didn't know eachother well enough or something but nowadays, or maybe it was like this all the time, she's just really friendly with everyone and it wasn't just specific to me. I think for now at least we will keep things as they are now, as friends. The last thing I want is to confess and drive her away with my un returned feelings and make things awkward at work. But even then idk. Maybe I just like her as a friend and or lust or something...I hate the feelings topic so much even though love is supposed to be the greatest thing ever but my circumstances rn make it near impossible for me to act on my feelings for romantic partners anyway.

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.

The Risk of Rain 2 vibes are strong with this one.

It's so crazy to see people making stuff like this and only get 7.6k views. Success is rare eh?

Last edited:

The Risk of Rain 2 vibes are strong with this one.

It's so crazy to see people making stuff like this and only get 7.6k views. Success is rare eh?

That's real neat. If it were me, I'd add more kicks and snares to the section starting at ~1:35. As it is, the drums are one HUGE kick and one HUGE snare on the first and third beats, respectively, and at half-time, which in a way makes it 70bpm (from 140 as the track's tempo). And that feels slooooooow. It could use more energy, is what I'm saying.

Having said that, his sound design is better than anything I've made, so...

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
That's real neat. If it were me, I'd add more kicks and snares to the section starting at ~1:35. As it is, the drums are one HUGE kick and one HUGE snare on the first and third beats, respectively, and at half-time, which in a way makes it 70bpm (from 140 as the track's tempo). And that feels slooooooow. It could use more energy, is what I'm saying.

Having said that, his sound design is better than anything I've made, so...
I can see that, though personally i do like the slower kicks and drums as they let you just sit back and marinate in those beautiful pads and synths.
This is coming from an absolute hardcore junkie who will spazz out like an epileptic monkey whenever i hear distorted kicks at >200BPM. for a song like this, ya gotta keep it slow and i like it that way. really lets the sound design shine

I'm hoping i can get on a level like this one day.

Last edited:
The video 64bitmodels 64bitmodels posted is short clip of 33 slightly varied and layered amen breaks running in FL Studio. As a huge fan of Drum 'n' Bass and Break Beats it sounded like this to me...

LargeKeenBarbet-max-1mb.gif

And with that i jumped off of it with a reference to emotional confusion in hindsight of your post and it's edit.

Thanks for making me explain this.

Sticker Pain GIF by Kiszkiloszki
What are "amen breaks" ?

Beat breakdowns you get at church?

Con_Z_ǝdʇ

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
Squarepusher and Venetian Snares were my introduction to the Amen Break.

Funny how even after so many years, hearing so many variations of it, it still hasn't gotten old. Definitely something special about the Amen Break.
I just bought a new album wich released today that has these samples in it. :messenger_grinning: So it's still a valid and integral part of even the most modern and / or cutting edge D'n'B, 54 years after. Pretty awesome!

badblue

I wish i had a 2 monitor set up.

the main reason my laptop is next to my PC is to look up guides when playing games. if i had 2 displays, i'd never need that.
I started doing a dual monitor when I only had a laptop and never went back. It was pretty nice.

Had to sacrifice one for the Wife'ss home office a few months ago since she needed it more.

Lunarorbit

You ever read a headline from a British website and have no idea what the fuck they are saying?

I know each individual word but the combinations they use sometimes make zero sense

John Marston

GAF's very own treasure goblin
Just got notified my Youtube Premium membership will cost 1$ more starting in september so $12.99/month.
Yesterday I took out some cash at an ATM (not my bank) and the fees were $4. Used to be $3.

Also going grocery shopping there are price hikes pretty much everywhere.
Like a pack of sliced black forest ham going from $4.99 to $7.99. Also coffee.

I'm not a cheap bastard and only have myself to lookout for but it's hard not to notice that fact. Meanwhile our paychecks pretty much stay the same 😐

My heart goes out to anyone who has a family with a couple of kids.

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Just got notified my Youtube Premium membership will cost 1$ more starting in september so $12.99/month.
Yesterday I took out some cash at an ATM (not my bank) and the fees were $4. Used to be $3.

Also going grocery shopping there are price hikes pretty much everywhere.
Like a pack of sliced black forest ham going from $4.99 to $7.99. Also coffee.

I'm not a cheap bastard and only have myself to lookout for but it's hard not to notice that fact. Meanwhile our paychecks pretty much stay the same 😐

My heart goes out to anyone who has a family with a couple of kids.

Sad Its Over GIF by Star Wars

arnold schwarzenegger predator GIF

Krathoon

I read the obituary of a guy from High School that just died. His mother died at the same time. The obituary is very vague about how they died. Suspicious. Some kind of suicide pact? Did he die and the mother had a heart attack? Chupacabra?

Krathoon

Capitalism is kind of going wrong in America. They keep driving up costs while the wages stay the same.

Either that or you get a small raise.

Streaming services cannot agree to make just one marketplace. The same with video games.

Last edited:

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
I finally finish the entire X-Files series and I'm sorry to say that X-Files is a mediocre show with great characters.

The show Fringe was really good and much better than X-Files.

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
So yeah. Had an dry needling session this morning.

Asked her for optimal result regarding if I could train, walk and or take an Epsom bath.

Walking or light cardio was her answer.

I thought well, it's windy af so an hour total bicycle ride to my solarium could do the trick. (And it did cardio wise).

Anyways I look up the site and above it tells you their opening hours. I called just in case but nobody picked up. Must've been busy i gathered.

So I take a cold shower, preemptively put on bronzer etc.

Ready to go right. 60 min bike ride in total for a 18 minutes session.

So i head of and upon arriving there's a little note about vacation hours.

Turned out I had to wait 2 hours for them to open.

The Office No GIF

There was a supermarket across the street so I got some stuff. Smoked a cig on a bench and headed back.

Washed off the bronzer and looked at their website.

Seemed I had to scroll all the way down for said information. *IRL sigh Lol.

Oh well. Had my cardio in.

Last edited:

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
My Indonesian Neighbor got some SPEK KOEK.

It's an traditional very moist cake and it's DELICIOUS ♡

He's diabetic so he can't eat it.. And it's my favorite Cake ♡♡♡ So kind..

Spekkoek (kue lapis legit or spekuk in Indonesian) is a type of Indonesian layer cake. It was developed during colonial times in the Dutch East Indies. The firm-textured cake is an Indo (Dutch-Indonesian) version of the European multi-layered spit cake. However it is not baked on a rotating spit, and contains a mix of Indonesian spices, such as cardamom, cinnamon, clove, mace and anise. The cake is made of flour and yolk and is rich in butter or margarine.

Top Bottom