• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rayman Legends Challenges App |OT| Wii U owners can like it or LUMp it

Zomba13

This is pretty cool. The Murphy challenges are fun. A lot better than in the demo level. Would have liked there to be an actual platforming challenge though. Maybe tomorrow.

Need more Gaffers on my friends list. NNID: Zomba13

zroid

Banned
This is pretty cool. The Murphy challenges are fun. A lot better than in the demo level. Would have liked there to be an actual platforming challenge though. Maybe tomorrow.

Need more Gaffers on my friends list. NNID: Zomba13

Yeah, from the looks of it, of the four possible challenge stages, one is with Murfy, one has you slow-descending the whole way, and the other two feature actual platforming.

Kouriozan

Yeah, from the looks of it, of the four possible challenge stages, one is with Murfy, one has you slow-descending the whole way, and the other two feature actual platforming.
I wonder what we'll get tomorrow ^^
I already know that it'll be hard.

llehuty

I'm done for today. So addictive but not longer making a progress.

Weekly: 0'38''69 Rank: 271
Daily: 1141.49m Rank: 1365
Global ranking: 4568/14224

It looks so simple but it ends being quite challenging.

BTW, added all of you.
NINID: llehuty

Randomizer

If you play two player the second player can actually control the character in the challenges. This is how people are getting faster times in the weekly challenge as they are able to do the sprint attack which propels them forward. It's very unfair as it gives people an advantage. If you are making a challenge mode for a game the players have to be on equal terms.

Foshy

I've just been assuming the trophies are score-based, not ranking-based
I believe they're ranking based. I was in the Top 10 earlier and had a Platinum Rank, came back later and only had Gold. Improved my score again and back to Platinum.

Not sure what the actual cut-off is, but the requirements definitely change based on your rankingy

GimMick

If you play two player the second player can actually control the character in the challenges. This is how people are getting faster times in the weekly challenge as they are able to do the sprint attack which propels them forward. It's very unfair as it gives people an advantage. If you are making a challenge mode for a game the players have to be on equal terms.
I noticed that a few minutes ago when I got really fast ghosts that were able to boost early. Laaaaame...

I bet it works for the daily challenges as well.

Kouriozan

I believe they're ranking based. I was in the Top 10 earlier and had a Platinum Rank, came back later and only had Gold. Improved my score again and back to Platinum.

Not sure what the actual cut-off is, but the requirements definitely change based on your rankingy
Maybe only top 10 get platinum and it's score based for the rest?

zroid

Banned

mmm interesting. Well, I guess it makes sense; that way they don't have to predict in advance how difficult the challenges will be for people. Just let mass action iron it out.

Wow this is excessive amounts of fun! I hope Nintendo takes notes from this and adds online leaderboards/challenges like this to NSMBU.

I've been wanting to do a Let's Play series for games for awhile where I play the first 10-30 minutes of a game then move on to another game and plan to start a series with one episode a week in August. I however wanted to upload a few episodes earlier and see how good/bad I can make them so I decided to do the first episode on the Rayman App. (Zeeroid's high score is even in it and I beat it!) It can be viewed here of anyone wants to watch it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASeS4GW4of8

Is it any good or just flat out poor? This was just a test run. I can't get a captire card so yeah I know, recording off the tv. The main bad thing was the angle but I already recorded Let's Plays with alot better angle on TV and handheld games. Even if everyone thinks its bad I think I'll continue anywayz since I liked recording them, but of course I'll always try to record them better.

Sorry for going abit off topic there. Anywayz: I really like the "App" and since it has off tv play I'll be playing it alot. Guess this means the final version will have off tv play, HURRAY!

I'm gonna be working on my scores. If anyone sees a "AbbyVampire" then its me!

Okay, this is CRACK. '40"29 right now. I CAN DO BETTER. Any tips?

Touch all the lums to make them a pinkish purple (Worth double lums, obviously you already know this)

Squash beetles (touch them with murphy) for a lum.

Tickle the skeletons in the foreground for a lum.

Tickle enemies before globox kills them for an extra lum (I think this happens anyway, not 100% sure).

I think thats all the extra ways to get lums anyway.

How many you can grab on the swingy platform seems to be the gamebreaker, if you do it right, you can get both rows, but I've not yet managed it while still turning them pink.

Edit: Oh, and my NNID is Lozmaster

Will add everyone tommorow, if I start the app again I'll be up for hours

jet1911

I need a video of someone doing a less than 35 seconds run in the weekly challenge. I don't know where I can get more lums. :(

Burnburn

Okay, so while trying to beat my record I've noticed something that might be handy to know.

If you have your finger on an objective Globox will NOT jump. Globox will only jump if you take your finger of the object.

Dartastic

OMG '35"74 I'M GODLIKE
You cheat and have a second player be Rayman/Globox/whoever :(. I haven't found a way to do it through touch gestures.
THAT'S SOME BULLSHIT.

I saw someone doing some axe jumping or something to speed the fuck up. I bet that's the kinda shit you have to do in order to get super godlike times. =(

Maaaaaan, Castle Rock is fucking awesome.

My kids and I love it. My son's already played it like 3 times :lol.

Also, the graphics are goddamn amazing.

Maaaaaan, Castle Rock is fucking awesome.

My kids and I love it. My son's already played it like 3 times :lol.
Yeah it is. I never got around to playing it in the original demo so I had a huge grin on my face as I played through it this time. Really entertaining, though I wish it was longer lol

I've reached Awesomeness Level 1! I'm doing horrible at the timed one (0'41''96) but I'm loving the daily challenge. My NNID is Neon_Bonez if anyone wants to add me.
nYTy5yb.jpg

RobotHaus

Unconfirmed Member
Lots of fun, I recommend this free download to just about anyone. Plus you can delete the Rayman Legends demo off your system now since this is a clear upgrade in every sense.

The endless run is lots of fun, I wish it had a little bit of randomness to it though.

Also, who are the character unlocks? I've only gotten Knight Rayman and Goth thing.

Also, NNID: RobotHaus

JCH!

Time to put this down for the night!

I got to the worldwide second place in Lum collection and Diamond Trophy for the daily challenge (Doubt I will keep it though the night, though...).

Can't wait for tomorrow's challenge :D

Drago

This app is so good. :D
I'm gonna miss the daily challenges tomorrow and Saturday though, shame :/

Thanks for the demo Ubisoft!

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
I'm on a business trip for a week, missing everything! How is the demo compared to the previous one?

EDIT: just tested a mere iOS copy paste from the miiverse web app:
zlCfzQ91KOgHUp0Nry

It works!
So good.gif

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Anyone get to Awesomeness 2? I played through all three levels, got all the Lums, and then played an hour or so of the challenges (1450m or so in the distance one, 39'50 or so in the timed one) but still only Awesomeness 1

This is amazing. It doesn't really make up for the delay but it makes it bearable. The constant weekly and daily challenges will also keep the game fresh in mind til September.

Triz

Anyone get to Awesomeness 2? I played through all three levels, got all the Lums, and then played an hour or so of the challenges (1450m or so in the distance one, 39'50 or so in the timed one) but still only Awesomeness 1
someone please answer this I have the same problem.

Unison

Is it any good or just flat out poor? This was just a test run. I can't get a captire card so yeah I know, recording off the tv. The main bad thing was the angle but I already recorded Let's Plays with alot better angle on TV and handheld games. Even if everyone thinks its bad I think I'll continue anywayz since I liked recording them, but of course I'll always try to record them better.

It's a good start and you'll get better in time if you keep at it...
That being said, you really have to fix that camera angle if you can't get a capture card set up. You probably want to narrate more during the game play too, although I understand that playing while dealing with two screens is pretty difficult. You could talk about the other games in the series, how it was delayed, explain what is going on on the touch screen, since you aren't showing it, etc...

cluderi

Damn this is fun, I won't say it totally makes up for the situation but I'll go as far as say I'm enjoying it a lot.

Gambit

Played it last night before I went to bed. It's very addictive and fun. Sadly, I am still pretty bad at it (Only bronze medal in the challenges).

Anyway, it's fantastic freebie that much is for sure.

In fact, something like this could be the Wii U's Temple Run.

EDIT: NNID is Sir_Alistair if anyone wants to add me (and beat me easily).

Top Bottom