• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rayman Legends Challenges App |OT| Wii U owners can like it or LUMp it

zroid

Banned
the weekly challenge is kind of a sham if you're playing solo. you really need co-op to minimize time. :(

oh well can still get a gold trophy at least (for now)

Foshy

I'm at 20.06" right now, can't for the life of me figure out how to jump the chain :(

Yeah, that part is bullshit. I tried slowing down and slightly turning back towards the hill before the jump, but it doesn't make me much faster.

Rehynn

I see some people getting a HUGE boost at the first skull thing (after the first ledge) and flying over the next platform... HOW?

EDIT: Thanks!:O

Played the 3 demo levels and daily challenge (Murphy's) w/ the gf for a while last night. Good stuff all around. I'd recommend this app to anybody and look forward to more challenges as they're released.

noal

Banned
22.59 seconds before my Gamepad died. I don't think I'll get near 20 seconds though. I'll try again tomorrow.

Loving the leaderboards and ghosts. Noal64 if you want to add an average gamer!

CoolS

Managed to egt gold on the weekly challenge and todays. I'm always between being totally addicted and frustrated about my own ability. Some of you guys are just insane though, I'll never manage to get to awesome levels in this app.

Foshy

When I finally broke the 20s barrier and got 19.6, everyone else has already moved on to 18.x times.

Still diamond, but seriously, fuck this challenge.

GimMick

Man, it's really hard to stay in the top 10 now. Hanging on 7th place with 18"56, but there's still over 10 hours remaining, and I don't think I can improve by more than one tenth at this point. Oh well, I'll be happy if I get at least the diamond cup at the end of day.

Going to do a semi-detailed post about general tips for the challenges once I stop playing.

Edit :

zlCfzQ95xd0W5kUXtm

GimMick

General info/tip/trick compendium

How to get Awesomeness ?

- Winning trophies in the demo levels or challenges give you points
  • Diamond = 50 pts
  • Gold = 10 pts
  • Silver = 5 pts
  • Bronze = 1 pt
- Past a defined amount of points, you will gain a level in Awesomeness. For example, you'll reach Level 1 with 60 pts, and reach Level 2 with 120 pts
- To access the daily extreme challenge, you have to be at least Level 2 ; to access the weekly extreme challenge, Level 4
- Fully completing the 3 demo levels will yield you 96 pts, meaning that if you want to gain more levels and play the extreme challenges, you have to partake to the "normal" challenges and win trophies there

How are determined the trophy ranks ?

- Your trophy rank will be determined according to your rank on the leaderboards, and the total number of ranked players.
- It means that if enough people pass you, you may be retrograded to the lower trophy rank.
- It is not clearly determined how well ranked you have to be to pretend to a certain trophy, but let's say if you are in the top 1% of the best players in the world for a challenge, you will likely get a Diamond trophy

Standard gameplay tips

- To boost your speed, attack while running, then press jump during the attack. You will go even faster if you boost downhill, but avoid the upslopes as much as possible
- If you find a spring oriented diagonally, you can get an even better max speed by ground-pounding on it (Down + Y/X)
- To conserve your current speed, jump (or boost+jump) on the same frame you are touching the ground. You can repeat this indefinitely !
- If you have to clear large gaps and a normal jump doesn't cut it, attacking mid air to gain distance is faster than fluttering. Attacking mid-air will still kill your a bit of your momentum though, so only use it when necessary
- On a line of lums, grabbing a pink lum, will change the color of the nearby lum to pink, and so on. By grabbing the lum lines in a certain way, you can double your score
- All the characters have the same characteristics

Murphy gameplay tips

- Touching a lum will change its color to pink, and double its value !
- Touching enemies, spiders, and hanging skeletons also give extra lums
- The behaviour of the auto-runner changes slightly depending on how you handles obstacles. It is possible to make it stop by holding a platform or obstacle with Murphy
- The Murphy challenges are playable in co-op, with one player being the runner while the other is playing Murphy. Playing this way gives an advantage in the challenges over the lone players

You can put this in the OP if you want !

PS : I've added everyone who posted their NNID in this thread (SpearMick)

HeySeuss

Getting better at the weekly challenge. I'll have gold if I don't get bumped down too far. #1 on my friends list of all gaffers.

Feel free to add me. User name is my nnid

Edit: I'm pretty sure the diamond trophy is only for the top 10 finishers.

Edit edit... Diamond cup is not only top 10

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
General info/tip/trick compendium
Murphy gameplay tips

- Touching a lum will change its color to pink, and double its value !
- Touching enemies, spiders, and hanging skeletons also give extra lums
- The behaviour of the auto-runner changes slightly depending on how you handles obstacles. It is possible to make it stop by holding a platform or obstacle with Murphy
- The Murphy challenges are playable in co-op, with one player being the runner while the other is playing Murphy. Playing this way gives an advantage in the challenges over the lone players

OMG This improved my time a lot! Thank you very much.

nubbe

this is the best type of game

easy to play, yet challenging to master.
online leadboards make it competetive and revarding to play.
new challenges make it feel fresh.

clean, simple graphics with depth.

Memles

Sitting at gold in both challenges before heading to bed, which is perhaps as far as I'll be able to take it: I don't have the time to let myself get sucked into shaving off milliseconds at a time on the daily, although I might take a few more cracks at the weekly.

All in all, though, a really rewarding "App" that might well keep me coming back to the system daily, which is more than, well, anything else has managed.

I love these guys! This is how you show love and loyalty to your fanbase. My wife literally shouted "What?" with a big smile on her face when they critters shouted "For Free!." She loved Rayman Origins on the Vita and loved the demo of Rayman Legends when we went to the Wii U Experience last year. We both have been waiting for this game and Pikmin 3 since we bought the Wii U at launch and so glad that part of one of the games has finally released. I hope everyone who has an inkling of an interest in Rayman will buy this game.
I hope Nintendo caught this on tape for their marketing campaign.

Made it almost to 20 seconds. Got a gold medal in the daily challenges. Spent 4 hours on this thing tonight. This is the best game on the Wii U, seriously. This is amazing, I will be all over this.

My ID is Dvader.

CoolS

The "worst" thing about this (considering how mad and disappointed I was about the delay) is that I'll probably think about buying the game again now.

Played a fair wee bit of this last night; I hope more games use a similar daily/weekly challenge method to inspire a bit of community and purpose to those high score battles.

The game itself is pretty fun too. Feels a bit loose coming from the excellent challenges in NSMBU though. But then NSMBU doesn't have leaderboards.

Gambit

Played a fair wee bit of this last night; I hope more games use a similar daily/weekly challenge method to inspire a bit of community and purpose to those high score battles.

The game itself is pretty fun too. Feels a bit loose coming from the excellent challenges in NSMBU though. But then NSMBU doesn't have leaderboards.

and this app makes it abundantly clear how much such leaderboards (and ghosts) are missing.

Would be excellent.

Anyway, not sure I can take part in today's challenge. I feel so empty. Hold me, Rayman-Gaf

JCH!

Yay! I got the Diamond Cup for yesterday's challenge! I was sure I'd lose it overnight (just as the first daily challenge...).

Today's challenge is fun :D

No, just the ones that are currently running. Gotta play this every day!

Ah, wait a second. The challenges just ticked over, and I can see yesterday's challenge now. Thought I'd missed the first challenge, since it was scrolling results for something besides the "How fast can you run 250m?" challenge at the bottom of my screen.

Kouriozan

About 31 sec for today, the game told me I was about to get silver then at the stage select it showed gold trophy. So it's really rank based, but I think it's about the %age of players.
I guess I'll try to improve my score, don't want to get silver.

zroid

Banned
What's the new challenge and on which stage? Too lazy to check right now

If it's one of the two stages we haven't had before, and if someone really wants to do me a favour, take a screenshot of the loading screen where the stage name is displayed in a parchment-style banner. :)

Top Bottom