• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rayman Legends Challenges App |OT| Wii U owners can like it or LUMp it

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
For a while, I was still in bitter "screw Ubisoft" mode, but I ended up downloading it and WOW! I've fell in love with the game all over again.

I still wish we had the full game, and think the Wii U would be in a far better place if we did, but this Challenge App is the next best thing. It's also nice that they don't limit the number of times you can run the demo.

Rayman Legends is now back on my Day 1 buy list.

J.W.Crazy

I was doing yesterdays challenge when it changed over and it stopped me in the middle of my run. It was on track to be my best one yet! I somehow managed to be the first person to complete todays so being #1 (even if it was only for a second) makes up for it. So far this is great. Does anybody know how long they plan on running new challenges?

I'm in the top 10 for today's challenge... probably not for long. :-|

EDIT: yup, already knocked off. I managed to document my achievement in Miiverse at least. 00:21:58

Foshy

Great, will try it later :D

I admit that my hype for this game had died down completely some month ago (not due to the multiplat/delay, don't care about that) and I didn't even particularly care about the last demo, but these challenges are really fun and I'll make sure to get it day 1.

Gambit

Man, how are some people getting sub 21 I struggle to get 22 D:

Just tried it after updating the console. I got a laughable 25 something time. (And still wasn't too bad on the country list. Ah, being early payed off. )

Anyway, how do I even get down to 22. Admittedly I didn't play Rayman Origins and the jumping still feels very floaty to me.

Svafnir

Just tried it after updating the console. I got a laughable 25 something time. (And still wasn't too bad on the country list. Ah, being early payed off. )

Anyway, how do I even get down to 22. Admittedly I didn't play Rayman Origins and the jumping still feels very floaty to me.

Attacking makes you run faster, if you jump right when the attack ends you will keep the momentum going even longer. Especially if you are doing it on a slope.

Gambit

Attacking makes you run faster, if you jump right when the attack ends you will keep the momentum going even longer. Especially if you are doing it on a slope.

Ah, very interesting. Thank you. The short segment made it difficult to find out such intricacies.

Hybrid897

I mainly learn how to decrease my time by copying the player ghosts ahead of me.

Managed to get 21"61 for today's daily. Don't think its going to get any better for me haha.

GimMick

zlCfzQ93JHA59GAX-H

Pretty good run. I will try to get under 20 seconds later today, though that might not be enough for top 10 at the end of the day.
Love the depth in the mechanics of the game. There are multiple ways to clear the challenge fast !

By the way, did anyone here get to play one of the locked challenges ? If my math is right, getting a Diamond Cup on yesterday's challenge should be enough to unlock it.

tolkir

zlCfzQ93JHA59GAX-H

Pretty good run. I will try to get under 20 seconds later today, though that might not be enough for top 10 at the end of the day.
Love the depth in the mechanics of the game. There are multiple ways to clear the challenge fast !

By the way, did anyone here get to play one of the locked challenges ? If my math is right, getting a Diamond Cup on yesterday's challenge should be enough to unlock it.

Me, I have Awesomeness level 2. The challenge is a infinite runner up climbing.

my NNID is exactly what you would expect it to be.

I had a few quick goes before breakfast. need to get my time down a lot! I've only just broken the 25 second barrier.

Downloaded it yesterday and tried it this morning.

It's pretty cool. Tried the first daily challenge (supposedly ending in 20+ hours) and could only get through it in just over 26 seconds. It says I'm on my way to a bronze trophy. I've only used Rayman but I'm guessing using different characters have their own speed advantages?

Also, if anyone wants to add me, my NNID is ZiM1021.

optimiss

I started the download before bed and immediately shut off the system. So cool to have it installed when I woke up. So far my best time is 24.12. I'm ranked 931. Woo!

zroid

Banned
So the new daily is up? I have to say, after yesterday, I am definitely looking forward to more timed challenges, and fewer endurance challenges. Yesterday's daily was fun but excruciatingly tedious after you reach a certain level of proficiency.

Kouriozan

So the new daily is up? I have to say, after yesterday, I am definitely looking forward to more timed challenges, and fewer endurance challenges. Yesterday's daily was fun but excruciatingly tedious after you reach a certain level of proficiency.

Today's daily is to reach 250m as fast as you can in the Land of the Livid Dead.

Foshy

I think today's daily challenge is MUCH worse in that regard. There's not much room to improve once you hit low 20s.

G.O.O.

Gosh, so you can do less than 20 seconds just with the attack/jump trick ? It's driving me insane D:

Anyone who wants to add me : ISZK_land

zroid

Banned
I'll post the daily and weekly challenges in the OP for now. At least, until people start to get bored with this thing. :p

GimMick

19"88. Reached my goal, but I failed a better run earlier at the last jump, still trying.

The fastest time (19"06) uses the first spring in the level to gain even more speed than with downslope boosting. No clue how to do that but 18 secs will certainly happen :p

Morts

I can't get sub 45" on the Lum challenge. I'm clearly missing something.

I also got over 1100m on yesterday's daily challenge, but received no awesomeness. What gives?

zroid

Banned
Such a shame NSMBU's challenge mode lacked leaderboards. This here just demonstrates what a huge missed opportunity it was. If the challenge mode in the full release of Rayman Legends is anywhere near as impressive as NSMBU's with leaderboards? It would be sublime.

RobotHaus

Unconfirmed Member
Such a shame NSMBU's challenge mode lacked leaderboards. This here just demonstrates what a huge missed opportunity it was. If the challenge mode in the full release of Rayman Legends is anywhere near as impressive as NSMBU's with leaderboards? It would be sublime.

It could always be patched in with the Luigi stuff.

Frolow

Banned
zlCfzQ93-98-CX36nl

Just got Diamond, still want to get sub 20 though. I pretty much know the optimal route now, but I'm still confused as to how some people are keeping their momentum through the column section.

Stoof

Finally managed to get sub 23 seconds! Dunno if I'll be able to get much lower, but at least it says I'm in the gold range. :D

NotLiquid

Jesus H. Christ, I don't think anyone has the right to complain about the Murphy levels being a drag after the fucking challenge level. This shit is insane.

My Nintendo ID on there is Geistbox.

Top Bottom