• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rayman Origins |OT| The Rebirth

wouwie

Also, never played a Rayman game before. Judging by the little footage i watched (don't want to spoil the game), the gameplay seems fast and a bit chaotic. Are we talking "Sonic" fast here (which might be a bit too fast for my taste)?

Fletcher

For whatever reason I thought this game came out early next year. I played it at comic con and it was really fun. This just made my day.

Ken

Looking at the Amazon description it sounds like each of the four standard co-op characters have unique skills so I'm guessing the chances of alternate characters for co-op is slim?

SykoTech

Still can't believe that there's no online co-op in the PS3/360 version. No 4 player shenanigans for me thanks to that oversight.

I would also like to say that I can't believe that they're releasing this the same day as AssCreed....but I believe it.

*sigh* Ubisoft.

L00P

Anybody else getting the Wii version? Would be nice to get impressions for it, mainly the controls

There is no PC version so I'm stuck getting the Wii version

apana

Eventhough I'm not going to be buying it when it comes out, will wait a while, I'll be hoping for its success.

Kandinsky

Snuggler said:
Q Will there be a demo?
A Yes. A demo featuring three levels will be available on PSN and XBL Wednesday, November 9th.
Shit, somehow i missed this info, cant freaking wait now, omgz

Atolm

wouwie said:
Also, never played a Rayman game before. Judging by the little footage i watched (don't want to spoil the game), the gameplay seems fast and a bit chaotic. Are we talking "Sonic" fast here (which might be a bit too fast for my taste)?

Nah, it's not as fast as Sonic.

Grisby

Game looks gorgeous and is oozing charm. Never played a Rayman game. Gonna try and get it for cheaper though or look for a deal because of Skyrim this week.

Looking really great, I love the madcap style there is really nothing else that looks like Rayman. I'm hoping that it has a solid level of challenge but still has some easier sections or modes that I can play with my daughter and wife.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Snuggler said:
planning to make a list of everyone playing this day one

the list will be called "cool people"
I preordered it from the States for the artbook, but I have to wait a week for it to come to me through customs. I hope I'm still cool. :O

Famassu said:
I was in when this was announced way back at E3 2010. Skyrim who?
I was taken in by its charm almost immediately. It looked so fun.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Whoa, until this thread I was under the impression this was an XBLA game. A $60 boxed retail game? Hrrm...

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Brandon F said:
Whoa, until this thread I was under the impression this was an XBLA game. A $60 boxed retail game? Hrrm...
Yes! Awesome, huh?

I'm glad a game like this was able to secure a proper retail release that I can actually own.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Anabuhabkuss said:
So, no more art books for Rayman preorder through Amazon?

Hrmmm, Rayman Origins isn't showing up at all on Amazon. The top search results are Sonic Generations and Kirby. Odd.

TimmiT

Will definitely try to get the collector's edition. Can't wait to play the demo tommorow, even though it will probably be the same as the three-level demo I played at Gamescom.

I want this game, but it'll be a bit before I can afford it.

It makes me sad though, I'm still a huge supporter of classic 2D games like this and NSMBWii/Kirby RtD/DKCR but it saddens me how much this game will tank.

Then it's back to Rabbid central. :(

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Pai Pai Master said:
Cancelled due to 100% surefire bomba. :(

Damn, just what I was worried about. Oh well, I'm sure we'll see Rayman again someday....as an unlockable costume in Assassin's Creed.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Hmm, I had it pre-ordered from Amazon, but it was being sold by a third party it turns out. Cancelled it and ordered from Best Buy for store pickup.

Snuggler said:
Damn, just what I was worried about. Oh well, I'm sure we'll see Rayman again someday....as an unlockable costume in Assassin's Creed.

Or maybe every copy amazon will ever receive has already been bought? Game of the millennium! :O

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Snuggler said:
Hrmmm, Rayman Origins isn't showing up at all on Amazon. The top search results are Sonic Generations and Kirby. Odd.
Probably because they're trying to figure out if they've got enough art books for the past preorders or not.

Chuck

Still without luck
Can someone tell me why a search for "Rayman Origins" on Amazon gives me back Sonic Generations as the top result?? It doesn't give me Rayman at all.

Edit: beaten

I think Amazon has their search broken for this game. :\

boingball

Snuggler said:
Q WTF, do they really expect me to pay $60 for a 2D platformer? Shouldn't this be a downloadable title?
A First of all, fuck you, 2D platformers aren't less valuable than any other genre. When Origins was first announced, it was intended to have episodic releases starting in late 2010, but Ubisoft decided to delay it for a year and develop it into a fully featured game. It's worth is yet to be determined, so wait for a price drop or sale (which could happen fast) if you're on the fence.

Well this sums it up for me. When I saw the first trailers I thought, hey, a nice $15 game. Not really interested for $60... This game will bomb hard.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
GrayFoxPL said:
Demo is up on US psn.

Impressions please as I can't get it right now.

Sweet, wasn't expecting it until tomorrow. I want to try it asap but I'm stuck at work for several more hours. Someone get on it!

TheFightingFish said:
Trust me, you'll be able to afford it far earlier than you might think.

Sadly, this is probably true. I will probably grab it some time early next year...when it'll be in bargain bin territory.

I hate that this industry has made it so simple 2D style games like this cannot survive unless it's made by Nintendo.

DireStr8s

superficial impressions :

beautiful of course
unlockable costumes
speed run timer available after you complete a level
I find the platforming fun. You can play it safe or go for trickier platforms to collect stuff
did i mention its beautiful?

alright, i'm getting back to it. i apologize if you find my impressions poor

Peff

Mifune said:
Does the demo have co-op?

Yes!

It's as glorious as we all knew it would be!

It looks gorgeous and generally amazing!

Controls are pretty tight, though it takes a bit of time to get used to the helicopter now!

Level layouts seem to be similar in style to DKC Returns, with hidden bonus rooms and whatnot!

DireStr8s

Mifune said:
Does the demo have co-op?

i assume so. I have only 1 controller so i assigned it to 2 & another character popped up. I couldn't continue tho until i assigned it back to 1.

edit: nevermind ; beaten with a better reply

Top Bottom