• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rayman Origins |OT| The Rebirth

Is it just me or does this game have various sexual elements to it? (has this always been a part of Rayman? I don't remember) Things like him airhumping someone when you free those things and the various scantily clad women you free.

katkombat

Banned
Is it just me or does this game have various sexual elements to it? (has this always been a part of Rayman? I don't remember) Things like him airhumping someone when you free those things and the various scantily clad women you free.

lol I just got around to playing this after the Xbox Christmas sale and yeah, it does seem like that, intentional or not.

Montresor

There's no way those nymphs are not intentional. I feel weird whenever I see them. Like if Anita Sarkeesian ever got a hold of this game she would have a fucking field day. I don't understand the point of the nymphs being so scantily-clad in what is basically a light-hearted kid's game.

Awesome game either way.

I just beat this on Vita (except the level you unlock by getting all the teeth). So what exactly was the plot of this game? I enjoyed playing it but I never really understood what I was doing or why. And I had no idea what was happening in the ending.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I just beat this on Vita (except the level you unlock by getting all the teeth). So what exactly was the plot of this game? I enjoyed playing it but I never really understood what I was doing or why. And I had no idea what was happening in the ending.

Bubble Dreamer, Rayman, his best friend Globox, and some Teensy friends are chilling out at the Bubble Dreamer's resting grounds, the Snoring Tree. However, their snoring disturbs an old granny from the Land of the Livid Dead, who retaliates by sending an evil army of horrendous creatures and the Darktoons across the world, capturing the Electoons that inhabit the world, imprisoning Betilla the Nymph and her sisters, and plunging the Glade into chaos. As a result, the ensuing disaster causes the Bubble Dreamer to go crazy and have nightmares. Although they are captured, Rayman and his friends are able to escape the Darktoons. They are then tasked by the Magician to gather enough Electoons to cure the Bubble Dreamer and restore the Glade of Dreams. Their efforts to locate the Electoons allow them to gain access to the various lands of the Glade, rescuing the Nymphs along the way.

Eventually, they make their way to a mysterious gate, which can only be opened by rescuing the Glade Kings, who have been turned into monsters as a result of Bubble Dreamer's nightmares. Upon freeing the Glade Kings, the Nymphs are able to open the stargate, granting Rayman access to a hideout in the land of Moody Clouds. There, they discover that their supposed friend, the Magician, is the one responsible for the Moody Clouds. He secretly admires Mr Dark,[5] the villain of the original Rayman, and has been using the Lums given to him by the heroes to power his diabolical machines. The heroes chase after the Magician and fight against him in his escape airship, sending it crashing into the power source of his hideout. The resulting chain of events causes the hideout to explode, while Rayman and friends free-fall back to the Snoring Tree, where they proceed to resume their relaxation.

(stole from Wikipedia)

Lijik

The Magician from Rayman 1 grows weary of the Bubble Dreamer's occasional nightmares running amok in the Glade of Dreams. Becoming obsessed with Mr Dark (the villain of Rayman 1) he takes that persona, and A)Instigates a war between the people above ground and the land of the livid dead, B) Lock up the electoons and nymphs, and makes the Bubble Dreamer go bonkers or something, and C) still act as Rayman's ally so Rayman will freely give him Electoons to power up his machinations (it is currently time of the Great World Dash where denizens of glade run around trying to collect as many electoons as possible so Rayman will have plenty). He hopes to get rid of the Bubble Dreamer, and remove bad dreams from the glade by imposing tyrannical rule through his robots.

This is all from a script that some hardcore fans found in the files of the Xbox 360 demo which was completely removed from the final game.

EDIT- Beaten with a more accurate post

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
A bit of a necro-bump here, and im sure this has already been answered, but I just beat the game with about 140 electoons which is probably about the bare minimum you need to beat it. My question is, what do I miss by not completing it 100%? Those collect a ton of yellow guys-missions are really boring me, and it felt already irritating to do a lot of those to open the last world. But ofcourse, if the content is good enough, I'll do it. So?

Just thought I'd pop in my 2 cents. Been playing this over the last few days thanks to PSPlus, and if any of the guys n gals who designed/produced and programmed it are reading this, just wanted to say thanks :)

What an awesome, happy game. The joy just oozes out of it. Got me through a few dark nights here :)

I'll be buying Legends off the back of this. Great game!

Top Bottom