• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RCPS3 emulator just revived some legendary PS3 games including Tekken 5 DR

Klosshufvud

Some huge news for PS3 emulation going on right now. Some while ago the devs created their own alternate version of PSN, called RCPSN. This made a bunch of classic PS3 titles playable again, including Killzone 2. Another major breakthrough just happened. The oldest PS3 titles were not supported due to an old GUI system. Well no more, that also got fixed which means several legendary PS3 titles got online support

For me the biggest addition is the superb Tekken 5 DR. For some reasons, Bamco has completely neglected preserving its older Tekken games. So emulator devs have worked to do the job instead. With this, we basically have complete online functionality on all Tekken games on PC now. T5DR is of special importance due to its legendary balance, fast pacing, awesome graphics, great roster etc etc. Thought I'd make this thread for fans of the games now supported.

Badlucktroll

Gold Member
Sony:
iu

Last edited:

coffinbirth

Both Motostorm 1 and Pacific Rift has functional online play via this emulator.

Sadly not only Sony. Bamco has badly neglected its classic Tekken games. Not even a free bonus mode like used to be the case. Tekken's 30th anniversary and they don't seem to even care.
Did the glitching cars and physics issues ever get resolved in those? I remember Rift being closet to running properly.

RagnarokIV

Battlebus imprisoning me \m/ >.< \m/
A few games have had multiplayer through RPCS3 for years. A good example is Metal Gear Online, which essentially had no interaction with PSN and went through Konami’s own system. This was reverse engineered through the Save MGO project for cfw PS3 before being compatible with ofw PS3 and crossplay with PC via RPCS3.

Sony’s online was a mess for the best part of that generation and way behind Xbox Live.

Some of the early PS3 games interact with PSN in weird and wonderful ways. A funny example is 1st party release Ratchet and Clank: Tools Of Destruction - this game is basically PSN unaware, meaning it has no online awareness so isn’t able to receive DLC or even patches to fix bugs. The game can never be patched or modified unless they recompile the game and release a v1.2 disc (similar to how PS2 games were patched and modified when getting Platinum Hits rereleases). Crazy right?

//DEVIL//

I think its time to start using this Emulator. So many PS3 games I want to play like motorstorm and Ridge Racer 7 plus others.

JackHanma

Neo Member
Hopefully both this and the Xbox 360 emulator continue to improve. I have been a consistent user of PCSX2 for years now. Playing Ace Combat 0 in 4k hits different.

JackHanma

Neo Member
Great news. I was contemplating getting a used PS3 but fear of YLOD again. All I need now is to upgrade my PC.

YLOD mostly effected the older versions if I am not mistaken. I'd recommend getting a PS3 slim with an upgraded hard drive. The emulator isn't perfect.

MayauMiao

YLOD mostly effected the older versions if I am not mistaken. I'd recommend getting a PS3 slim with an upgraded hard drive. The emulator isn't perfect.
I read about that, the super slim is the safest option. Still looking for a cheap one at the moment. I still have PS3 that I yet to open from the box, MGS4 is one of them.

Top Bottom