• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RE4 this is as close to direct feed your gonna...Looks amazing

Culex

Banned
50 megabyte warning for those not on broadband :)

Not direct-feed, but a good stationary camera. Better than previous vids that's for sure.

DSN2K

looks stunning, Capcom have really out done themselves.

this will be mine.

boxart_pal_residentevil4.jpg

olimario

Banned
That looks unreal. It really does.
-Amazing lighting. I love it when lightning illuminates the town.
-Detailed animation. Did you see Leon reload his rifle?
-Superb Character models. Leon and the huge troll are almost unmatched.
-Great effects. The water is more than I thought it would be with it's reflection and distortion. Fire effects ARE unmatched.

Culex

Banned
'Tis true about the fire effects. Unmatched. I swear, when the vilagers swing their burning torches at you, it just doesn't seem real-time. It...cannot be.

Kon Tiki

Banned
RockStar owned!*

I hate lazy developers.

*Not for GTA:SA....for saying Gamecube can not handle Max Payne(2?).

boxart_pal_residentevil4.jpg

Wow, is that the (final) box art? That looks stunning. Give the guy a normal head (I know he has a burlap sack in the game) for the silouette it'll be one of the best covers for any game in a long time.

MrSingh

a bunch of folks who played the TGS demo called this "the brownest game since Quake" and said that the gameplay it "utter crap".

what's the general sentiment?

olimario

Banned
MrSingh said:
a bunch of folks who played the TGS demo called this "the brownest game since Quake" and said that the gameplay it "utter crap".

what's the general sentiment?

Where are these 'folks' and why don't IGN and Gamespot echo the same feelings toward the game?
And why is it the trailer features indoors that are colorful and detailed?

Sho Nuff

Banned
The controls are clunky/crappy in the demo and the viewpoint is most restricting, but aside from that it's fine. If this was a 3rd party Xbox game called "Villager Slaughter 2004" I doubt anybody would give a s--

Oh wait I'm not allowed to say that, am I?

Kon Tiki

Banned
Sho Nuff said:
If this was a 3rd party Xbox game called "Villager Slaughter 2004" I doubt anybody would give a s--

Actually Buffy was a good game. :p

wipeout364

It looks pretty good. I actually thought the combat looked awkward in the video and clunky seems like a good description. I am hoping for the best though :)

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
daayum...that shit is all kinds of hot sex

Sho Nuff said:
The controls are clunky/crappy in the demo and the viewpoint is most restricting, but aside from that it's fine. If this was a 3rd party Xbox game called "Villager Slaughter 2004" I doubt anybody would give a s--
Minus the restricting viewpoint, you just described Fable. And as far as I can tell, that game got some nice hype and sales.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
Doom 3 had great graphics, but same old game play, and got slaughtered....

RE4 should fall into the same category if it ends up being like the demo.

Also, can someone explain the AI? As far as i can see, everyone follows you and finds you no matter where you go. As far as i'm concerned, the code looks akin to this :

Zombie_AI ();

Set_go_to_location_x = leon_x;
Set_go_to_location_y = leon_y;

End.

But everyone else seems to saying its :

Zombie_Ai ();

If zombie_can't_see_you and Fan_lacks_ai_explaination
set_Zombie_can_smell_You ;
set_go_to_location_x = leon_x ;
set_go_to_location_y = leon_y ;

End.

... i think i can see an efficiency change in the above code....

Please, enlighten me. I'm as big a RE fan as anyone, and i was really looking forward to this, but the demo is utter bobbins.

DCharlie said:
If zombie_can't_see_you and Fan_lacks_ai_explaination
set_Zombie_can_smell_You ;
set_go_to_location_x = leon_x ;
set_go_to_location_y = leon_y ;

End.

:lol

Yeah, Capcom isn't exactly known for great AI...so I'm thinking that all of the 'coordinating' bits between villagers are just for dramatic punch. Still, this is my most wanted GC title...ahead of the 2005 edition of Zelda.

Sho Nuff

Banned
DCharlie said:
Please, enlighten me. I'm as big a RE fan as anyone, and i was really looking forward to this, but the demo is utter bobbins.

Well, IGN seemed to love it, which seems to indicate that YOUR opinion is STUPID (and you're probably gay)

DCharlie

"Well, IGN seemed to love it, which seems to indicate that YOUR opinion is STUPID (and you're probably gay)"

IGN loved Raw too....

Sho Nuff

Banned
DCharlie said:
"Well, IGN seemed to love it, which seems to indicate that YOUR opinion is STUPID (and you're probably gay)"

IGN loved Raw too....

That was IGN Xbox. We're talking about IGN Cube. TOTALLY different people.

Ranger X

Ok the game is all good but having played the TGS demo, i must say those graphics are fucking overhyped. Calm down guys. This is as nice as it can be (i guess) but not revolutionary and maybe not the best GC graphics. Certainly not the best graphics this gen too.
Just wanted to say that, now continue bitching together in all GAF love ;)

Wyzdom said:
Ok the game is all good but having played the TGS demo, i must say those graphics are fucking overhyped. Calm down guys. This is as nice as it can be (i guess) but not revolutionary and maybe not the best GC graphics. Certainly not the best graphics this gen too.

laugh.gif

Tritroid

wow, that scene where Leon and the dude are back to back talking to each other is so incredibly realistic.

So who is the woman in the red top that shoots the giant black dude through the window?

Sho Nuff said:

Why are you putting down RE4 is it because it not on X box? This game looks great! I am going to get a GC in Dec just for this game. system fanboys make me sick

DCX

DCX
If nothing else they could do wonders with that graphics engine. Looks great. Can't wait to play it.

DCX

AssMan

Banned
I think what makes RE4 look like somewhat of a next gen title is the artstyle incooporated with the graphic engine.

JMPovoa

"I am going to get a GC in Dec just for this game. system fanboys make me sick"

What are you going to do after you finish the game? Sell your GC? :p
You're no better than him.

SantaC

Where are these 'folks' and why don't IGN and Gamespot echo the same feelings toward the game?
And why is it the trailer features indoors that are colorful and detailed

Don't forget rehorror.com community. Probably the most fanatic RE com on the web(and unbiased). They praised the demo.

The only place I heard that the game looks like brown crap (which i dont agree with, I have the demo) was over at the teamxbox forums.

DCharlie

yes, it's an xbox fanboy conspiracy.

But who'd have though that a dedicated RE fan site would have gushed praise on a RE game?
What next? Pope@Vatican.com in shock "Jesus is really special!" outburst?

Top Bottom