• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Real-GAF: A GAF Community!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasonng

Actually I am curious. Do you have Chinese origins?

Usually Chinese people have two names; one Chinese, the other European. That would be typical in HK.

I am and I do!

In pinyin, my name is Wu Hao Ren. My name means "gentleman" or "Big Heart" in Cantonese, which for anyone who knows me will know how hilarious that is.

And Ng is also common with Vietnamese.

I love the fact that my name is extremely common. Safety among numbers.

Also, lol grass type is worst type.

You'd think, but remember what .la1n got this morning thanks to his common name? :)

Puddles is cute. It sounds like something you would call a puppy. Maybe they think of you as a rather large puppy.

Haha. He just IS "Puddles." Couldn't call him anything else last night.

No middle name either? You and Kark are too cool for school.

If I ever have a child, no middle names :x Honestly, they always tend to go with the "let's honor an older member of the family" route and it leaves you with something awkward.

What? I love the middle name thing. I will probably reserve that spot on my future child for my aunt Marie because she has no children of her own and is awesome. Definitely a place of honor.

Jessica
Morgan
Chavez

Oooo... getting closer. First 2 letters are now correct.

Karl2177

If I ever have a child, no middle names :x Honestly, they always tend to go with the "let's honor an older member of the family" route and it leaves you with something awkward.

That's actually how my middle name is, but spelled Karl instead of a Carl. I am glad my parents didn't go with that route for my first name and named me after my great grandfather, Christian Christianson.

leadbelly

Banned
I am and I do!

In pinyin, my name is Wu Hao Ren. My name means "gentleman" or "Big Heart" in Cantonese, which for anyone who knows me will know how hilarious that is.

And Ng is also common with Vietnamese.

I knew it. So your name is both very common and uncommon at the same time. You have the best of both worlds. :D

This is not a very flattering picture of H Pro

http://santafemugshots.com/mug/jessica-m-chavez

IkndM.jpg

RawPower

Banned
You'd think, but remember what .la1n got this morning thanks to his common name? :)

Haha. He just IS "Puddles." Couldn't call him anything else last night.

No middle name either? You and Kark are too cool for school.

What? I love the middle name thing. I will probably reserve that spot on my future child for my aunt Marie because she has no children of her own and is awesome. Definitely a place of honor.

Oooo... getting closer. First 2 letters are now correct.

Monica

Edit: Curse you, Dave

Puddles

Banned
That's actually how my middle name is, but spelled Karl instead of a Carl. I am glad my parents didn't go with that route for my first name and named me after my great grandfather, Christian Christianson.

It's also fortunate they didn't name you Hayden.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
I always saw it as a back up name just in case your child hates their first name. Though I guess I only think this way due to my friend hating his first name and going basically only by his middle.

I have an aunt who goes by both first name and middle name simultaneously. But then, I feel pretty bad for her that her first name is Aura.

A cousin of mine decided to start calling herself by her middle name once she moved out from her parents. Which is really odd because her middle name is absolutely terrible.

Bleh, got to round two of the Wired job interview, but I've just been told the position has been filled.

Great.

That's probably not a good start to the day. :\

I happen to like middle names but that may be because I have a middle name and a double first name as does my sister. She continued the tradition with her boys and I'll do the same with my kids.

Ugh. And after only 4 hours of sleep? You are a trooper, Clear. Even my work is not that mind-numbing. I'm very much NOT having anything tonight when I go out with my coworkers. I will be that person who nurses an orange juice (or water) all night.

Yeah I was about to pass out... and yeah I'm glad I'm skipping out on my game night tonight, cause yeah I am definitely not going to have enough in me to drink and be up that late two nights in a row, especially after very little sleep o_0

I'm out.

It's been fun, guys.

Jeremy!! Your tag, it is glorious. It's like a meteoric rise from Junior Member => Member =>The Scrapening. You were pretty good at pool last night as well...considering I was carrying james on my team -_- we need some rematches soon!

My middle name is Ruben.
I have three Germanic Spanish names.

You know, your middle name is my first time, your first name is my dad's first name.

I quite like the name Xavier pronounced like shavier not X avier.
or Xavi and also Iker, which is awesome.
My children are probably going to be footballers.
haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom