• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Real-GAF: A GAF Community!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puddles

Banned
I'll need to buy some new equipment before I can really join a band. My Marshall amp got stolen, and my Les Paul needs the input jack replaced.

Someday.

RawPower

Banned
I want to do vocals again. It's all I'm good for until I get better at the guitar.

This thread doesn't have a common topic to keep it going like other community threads. Conversation is random. It was popular at first cause we were all seeing each other for the first time. It was different and exciting. Then a community formed and a bunch of goofy activities kept people busy. Now it's no longer new and people have taken friendships made off of this and don't see a point in posting here anymore(IRC is much more conviniant).

Pretty much this. It was bound to lose steam eventually. It could also be that our friend HP isn't here as much, but I doubt it's a significant factor.

No one is calling anyone out. Does anyone honestly expect her to post while she is out on vacation visiting family, burning things and whatnot?

Just wondering who here actually plays videogames and if so what consoles or PC?

<360

Just got off an hour long game of League of Legends...'tis a PC game and really the only game I have time for.

Well, that and quake live (also a PC game...it's free!). When people talk about all the console games htey play I get kind of sad considering I have a backlog of games I've owned for like 4 years. I really should play them.

My friends all left me for LoL. I am just waiting for SFxT and Skullgirls. Play some SSFIV still and anything i rent from redbox. As well as some Arcade games.

Anyone ever give up certain genre's because they sucked you in too much?

I had to abandon pc gaming. Between MMO's and valve shooters around the time TF2 launched I was playing so much I made myself sick. So I sold everything and didn't game for two years. Then they announced SFIV and it brought me back and I bought my first current gen console.

Something like tf2 just kills too much time for me.

AcridMeat

Banned
Just wondering who here actually plays videogames and if so what consoles or PC?

<360

Own a 360, never play it anymore. I still have Assassin's Creed Brotherhood half beaten from over a year ago now. I got to that point in a week, stopped for a break and never went back.

PC takes all of my time. So many games on steam these days.

edit: I haven't done that, no. If something else comes up that becomes priority. Downtime at home is typically spent gaming though.

Chuckie

I'll list m all!

Atari 2600
NES
SNES
Nintendo 64
Playstation
Nintendo Gamecube
Playstation 2
Nintendo DS
Nintendo WII
Playstation 3

But I rarely play games these days. STILL have to finish Skyward Sword and my PS3 is used only as a Mediaplayer/Blu-Ray player.

RawPower

Banned
I'll list m all!

Atari 2600
NES
SNES
Nintendo 64
Playstation
Nintendo Gamecube
Playstation 2
Nintendo DS
Nintendo WII
Playstation 3

But I rarely play games these days. STILL have to finish Skyward Sword and my PS3 is used only as a Mediaplayer/Blu-Ray player.

I haven't even started SS yet. My Wii died.

Lists huh?

Consoles:
Pong
Atari 2600
Intellivision
NES
SNES
3DO
Nintendo 64
Dreamcast
PS2
Xbox
PS3

Portables:
Gameboy Pocket
Game.com
R-Zone
Virtual boy
DS

I have owned some duds.

Lissar

Reluctant Member

<360

Everything.

But I avoid 360 when I can. It's not even a "I hate Microsoft!" thing. My reasons are numerous.

a. My 360 RRoD and it took five months for me to get it back :<
b. It sounds like it's having a heart attack whenever I turn it on.
c. The menu is ugly and annoys me.
d. The controller is kind of bulky for me D:
e. Too lazy to get HD cables for it...

Okay, that last one is entirely my fault. But when I have all the other reasons, I just haven't felt the need for it.

Puddles

Banned
I had a 360 and a PS3. They both died. I replaced the PS3, but not the 360 yet, although I plan to. Will probably get a Wii later this year and play through a bunch of the old games. Not really into Nintendo anymore.

I haven't owned a handheld, ever.

Acid08

Banned
I had a 360 and a PS3. They both died. I replaced the PS3, but not the 360 yet, although I plan to. Will probably get a Wii later this year and play through a bunch of the old games. Not really into Nintendo anymore.
Ah, so you've lost your soul.

RawPower

Banned
Everything.

But I avoid 360 when I can. It's not even a "I hate Microsoft!" thing. My reasons are numerous.

a. My 360 RRoD and it took five months for me to get it back :<
b. It sounds like it's having a heart attack whenever I turn it on.
c. The menu is ugly and annoys me.
d. The controller is kind of bulky for me D:
e. Too lazy to get HD cables for it...

Okay, that last one is entirely my fault. But when I have all the other reasons, I just haven't felt the need for it.

These were my complaints too, except c and e. I still have a 360 in the closet, but I never use it.

I took it from him when he was sleeping.

I enjoy how live works online but def think PC is the best value. I'm a fighting game fan first and foremost so it keeps me tethered to my console.

Puddles

Banned

Well my first console was an SNES, second was the N64, and fourth was a Gamecube (third was a Dreamcast), so I used to be a fan.

I never found the Wii particularly compelling in my limited exposure to it.

I really liked Metroid Prime and F-Zero GX, so it's not that long ago that I was a fan. I do feel that Nintendo and I went in different directions.

For me the 360 is more or less a waste of time now, since I'm not willing to pay for Xbox Live nor am I interested in their exclusive output anymore . Right now its mostly a "play games that run like shit on PS3" console i.e Skyrim etc etc. I do plan to pick up some 360 titles I missed at some point though .

She's on vacation in New York. Flew out yesterday.

If only they had the Internet in New York. :'(

Lets talk about this

People tweet these days while, *ehem*, getting busy. It's no excuse for not posting here.

This generation has been a comparative graveyard for multiplayer. My friends and I have basically been playing only WWE games, Mario Kart and Smash Bros. We tried out GoldenEye, and it was okay, but we weren't super hyped about it. Open to suggestions for other shooting games (or other games in general) that we can play together. It'd have to support three simultaneous players.

(on one console and one television)

But, yeah, other than that, I've been in a lull save for a recent bout with Civ IV and occasional, casual nethack. Oh, and I really want to jump back into Abobo's Big Adventure (iirc, I got at least to the
Mega Man
stage but am not yet at the
Punch-Out!!
stage) and then delve into Super Mario Crossover 2.

Oh, I also play my phone's shameless rip-off of Puzzle Bobble (Bust-a-Move!) now and then.

RawPower

Banned
Too bad. It's a good game. Not as great as some of the previous Zelda's but that might be because of the fact I am getting old. It had some really nice elements.

I only got the chance to play ALTTP for the first time a few years ago. It's still one of my favorite Zeldas, right next to OoT, Majora, and Wind Waker. It's not an age thing so much as Zelda is just getting progressively worse.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
yMd45.gif

D'awwwwwww

Wii is awesome and I will champion it! *stands up for the Wii*

I love my wii, it has probably my favorite games of this gen. Though all around i think the ps3 got the most play time out of me.
Which reminds me, I'm so looking forward to rhythm heaven fever in a few days and Wii U later this year.

Acid08

Banned
Alrighty you guys were talking about chocolate wine a while ago, where is this available and what is it called? I have a Trader Joes, Bev Mo, and assorted liquor stores in the area.

RawPower

Banned
As for the Wii, there were only a few things that legitimately pissed me off about it.

A. the third party support
B. the Operation Rainfall/localization fiasco

If both of these problems are solved with the Wii U, then I'll be all over that shit.

As for the Wii, there were only a few things that legitimately pissed me off about it.

A. the third party support
B. the Operation Rainfall/localization fiasco

If both of these problems are solved with the Wii U, then I'll be all over that shit.

EARTHBOUND!

...yes that is my default response to non-PAL people complaining about localisation, what of it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom