• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Real-GAF: A GAF Community!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuckie

Completely offtopic...

I am listening Garbage Version 2.0 after a long time.... goddamn that album is awesomesauce.... great song after great song.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
I love my wii, it has probably my favorite games of this gen. Though all around i think the ps3 got the most play time out of me.

Oh, I'd agreed. But I think I had the most overall FUN on my Wii than I did on my PS3.

But then I did put a total of 300 hours into both versions of Xenoblade... *considers* That was a lot of time...

As for the Wii, there were only a few things that legitimately pissed me off about it.

A. the third party support
B. the Operation Rainfall/localization fiasco

If both of these problems are solved with the Wii U, then I'll be all over that shit.

I hadn't even thought of the localization problems, since that doesn't affect me at all. :< Poor people in the US.

When I think of Nintendo I don't think of NoA D:

RawPower

Banned
Oh, I'd agreed. But I think I had the most overall FUN on my Wii than I did on my PS3.

But then I did put a total of 300 hours into both versions of Xenoblade... *considers* That was a lot of time...

I hadn't even thought of the localization problems, since that doesn't affect me at all. :< Poor people in the US.

You're not in America?

Wii is awesome and I will champion it! *stands up for the Wii*

Without the existence of the Wii, my friends and I would be pretty much reduced to:
Playing Wrestling games
Watching Wrestling TV shows
Watching Wrestling Pay per view events.
Sometimes going to indy Wrestling shows.

There's definitely a pattern here, but I can't quite put my finger on it

We're also slowly marathoning Farscape and even more slowly G. I. Joe and Star Trek, but that's generally on a lower priority tier.

Also don't want to play either of those genres. :<

Get used to it. Next gen, you'll get shooters, football, dancing, exercise, clones of fifteen year old puzzle games, and Angry Birds. Gen after that they'll probably get rid of the first two, and the last one will merge with the one before it.

Then
15 years after
when dancing puzzle games are invented, we will finally achieve the Grand Unified Genre.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
You're not in America?

I lived in Japan for some years and I'm fluent in Japanese. I still import a lot.

Get used to it. Next gen, you'll get shooters, football, dancing, exercise, clones of fifteen year old puzzle games, and Angry Birds. Gen after that they'll probably get rid of the first two, and the last one will merge with the one before it.

Then
15 years after
when dancing puzzle games are invented, we will finally achieve the Grand Unified Genre.

Indies and kickstarter programs for life!

I'd have to agree with this statement, I may have played ps3 more but nothing on it can beat out the experience I had with The Galaxy games, New super mario bros wii, Skyward Sword, Super Smash Bros Brawl, Warioware etc.

I was not aware you weren't in North America.

edit: oh never mind I see

Acid08

Banned
I want to play LoL again. I started playing after I tore myself away from WoW and loved it.

heimerdinger.jpg

Was my dude, so much fun. God I was bad at it though.

SRG01

I only play old games, or good modern games.

My biggest regret was buying Deus Ex over the holidays. What was I thinking?

RawPower

Banned
I can't say I agree about No Doubt. Listening to Gwen Stefani is like developing a malignant brain tumor, and yet maybe I'm just biased because I'm used to her annoying hip hop/R&B phase.

Chuckie

I can't say I agree about No Doubt. Listening to Gwen Stefani is like developing a malignant brain tumor.

First the cats, now this! Goddammit RawPower.... do you want me to hate you?!

That must have been amazing, wish I could have gone! Who else played?

My Gwen Stefani tumors are what make me me tyvm

Noone else played (apart from some tiny band I can't remember). It was a No Doubt concert, not a festival or something :)

Sigh. So that slight chance I mentioned regarding not being able to go to the audition tomorrow has now turned into a reality. No friends live close enough for me to get a ride, I have no money whatsoever to afford a cab/train ticket. I asked my parents if they could help, but Stepdad is being forced to drive his mom around Saturday since she doesn't have a car.

Sigh.

I'd hope they wouldn't get anything for that D:

Heh, I'm just being inexplicably pessimistic. It's going to be a really good coupla weeks, so I'm probably overcompensating for the upcoming joypocalypse.

I haven't heard of Force Unleashed

That's the Star Wars game that apparently had a ton of bugs and some sort of really tedious sequence where you collapse a Star Destroyer with the power of your mind. Apparently, the only version that played well was on the Wii, but that version was all cartoony'n'shit. I haven't played it, though, so I dunno.

AcridMeat

Banned
Sigh. So that slight chance I mentioned regarding not being able to go to the audition tomorrow has now turned into a reality. No friends live close enough for me to get a ride, I have no money whatsoever to afford a cab/train ticket. I asked my parents if they could help, but Stepdad is being forced to drive his mom around Saturday since she doesn't have a car.

Sigh.

Ask for bus/train money? Hope you can somehow make it!

Sigh.

Could you call or e-mail and ask if the following Saturday is a possibility?

Acid08

Banned
Pffft... everybody knows you can't collapse a Star Destroyer with the power of your mind.
What a ridicoulous game this must be.

When you're Darth Vaders secret apprentice that no one has ever mentioned but apparently has a huge impact on the entire series, ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE.

Kisaya

I'm still in class but as soon as I get home I'll share as well. Let's just say our meeting started off with a conflict at the register ... XD
(aside from the mini panic atk I almost had for thinking I was at the wrong place haha)

KC I would send you the pictures but my phone is dying :( I'll be home by 6 hopefully :x

I'm still in class but as soon as I get home I'll share as well. Let's just say our meeting started off with a conflict at the register ... XD

KC I would send you the pictures but my phone is dying :( I'll be home by 6 hopefully :x

Kisaya, was KC a gentleman

Do we have to beat him up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom