• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Real-GAF: A GAF Community!

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you're Darth Vaders secret apprentice that no one has ever mentioned but apparently has a huge impact on the entire series, ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE.

I was more going on about the "tedious" part. That's what people were mostly complaining about, I think.

I changed my mind after seeing the ... lightsaber boomerangs. That seems a bit ridiculous for a Jedi power. This game series is obviously meant to be comedic, just like the prequels.

Acid08

Banned
LFspv.jpg

heh

Man, that hair tattoo for bald people thread has got me really hoping I'll never go bald.

I love having hair. Specifically my hair.

Also that Fry/Schafer pic is amazing.

Chuckie

TFU2 is non-canon as a whole while only the dark side is non-canon in TFU

Lol... gotta love that bullshit. I also love how SW has like ten layers of different canon. So if Lucas fucked something up with his prequels, we can overrule the old canon with the supreme canon etc.

That being said... I would love a new Star Wars game like Roque Squadron or something.

The lack of doki doki panic on that list makes me sad. Epic FMV for the time, also invalidated your entire gameplay experience. :D

edit: There are also three titles with the word "time" in them, but I bet that TimeSplitters: Future Perfect has a better ending than at least two of them. :p

editedit: Also, Endurium was a sentient race all alongWHERE THE HELL IS STARFLIGHT$@(%&$#!^&(

editeditedit: Boss battle aside, I don't even remember the ending to SMG2 anymore. SMG's is great, though.
Universe collapses in on itself, rebuilt by the goddess whom your efforts saved ... WELCOME NEW GALAXYYYYYYY

Lissar

Reluctant Member
The lack of doki doki panic on that list makes me sad. Epic FMV for the time, also invalidated your entire gameplay experience. :D

edit: There are also three titles with the word "time" in them, but I bet that TimeSplitters: Future Perfect has a better ending than at least two of them. :p

The list is pretty much beyond my comprehension and understanding. My mind refuses to wrap itself around it. It has rejected the reality of that list.

That list gave me brain cancer.

They really should have set a rule disallowing games that are still considered "hot" due to newness. That tends to make people forget the question.

Nope. Never seen that movie.

You've been spared from old white man ass.

edit: wow, so the Kingdom Hearts series has a better ending storyline than every RPG that was every made that isn't Final Fantasy 7.

...I did not know that, and now I do.

There was a Reddit AMA with R.A. Salvatore recently where he said that Lucas forced him to kill Chewbacca in one of the books.

They apparently wanted to kill off someone from the main cast and Chewie was the most expendable.

Wait, were the endings about post-gameplay endings, or did they count the final boss (or whatever) battles?

If it's the latter, then I will be slightly angry at any "Blank of Blank" games on this list.
that don't involve the word "time"

Lissar

Reluctant Member
The thing about the list that really gets me is even while there are GOOD GAMES on the list "good games" is NOT in fact synonymous with "good endings". There are a ton of games I loved where the endings were just sort of okay.

I loooooove Gabriel Knight. But you know what? The ending, it's just okay.

edit: If we include final bosses, then KH and KHII had pretty badass endings. But I don't know if badass is necessarily good either.

The thing about the list that really gets me is even while there are GOOD GAMES on the list "good games" is NOT in fact synonymous with "good endings". There are a ton of games I loved where the endings were just sort of okay.

I loooooove Gabriel Knight. But you know what? The ending, it's just okay.

edit: If we include final bosses, then KH and KHII had pretty badass endings. But I don't know if badass is necessarily good either.

That'd count. So would funny endings. That's why I like the otherwise fairly bland-playing (sorry, the scenery is awesome, but there were soooo many identical Konami games of this type, so the actual gameplay became less of a wow-factor after a while) Simpsons arcade game -- the final battle with Monty Burns's final form is so great.

I still loved those Konami games, all of them.

RawPower

Banned
There are plenty of games I loved that had shit endings. Still great games nonetheless.

Edit: Kingdom Hearts 1 ending was great. Haven't played the sequels.

RawPower

Banned
I loved the aesthetics in FF9. It was how I always imagined a 3D Final Fantasy should look. I feel like they should have stuck to that, because FFX was really off-putting.

In particular, the characters who looked like they were ripped straight from Dawson's Creek or some Disney preteen show (Hannah Montana) were pretty alienating to me at the time. I'm sure this sounds ironic coming from someone who loved Kingdom Hearts, but I don't know. I guess it's because it actually WAS from Disney, so I kinda knew what I was getting into when I picked it up. I also have a strong soft spot for the old Disney characters like Donald and Goofy.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I didn't like FF9's aesthetic but I can't put my finger on why. I really didn't like FFX's either. FF XII has me split. Fran's voice sure is amazing. I admit to enjoying FFXIII's aesthetic a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom