• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Real-GAF: A GAF Community!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Yeah I did a pretty bang up job for Valentine's Day if I might say so. I cooked (stuffed roasted red peppers).

Just got back from a nice romantic dinner at......

Fuddruckers.

Yep, my valentines dinner with my lovely wife was at a burger joint because my kids love it there. If they don't remember the sacrifices I make for them when they get older, I'm spending their college fund on a trip to Fiji.

...I totes read that as Fuckrudders.

I was confused A) about the name and B) why your kids would know about it, let alone love it

Lissar

Reluctant Member
What about Legend of Mana?

What about it? :eek:

Yeah I did a pretty bang up job for Valentine's Day if I might say so. I cooked (stuffed roasted red peppers).

Ohhh, have a special lady friend you cooked for? *wink wink nudge nudge*

...I totes read that as Fuckrudders.

I was confused A) about the name and B) why your kids would know about it, let alone love it

I've always read it as Ruddfuckers, myself. It never gets old.

Yep, my valentines dinner with my lovely wife was at a burger joint because my kids love it there. If they don't remember the sacrifices I make for them when they get older, I'm spending their college fund on a trip to Fiji.

That's not called a sacrifice. It's called a "convenient excuse".

I need to go to a burger joint someday now. :|

Lissar

Reluctant Member
I dunno I saw it mentioned in passing, dunno why... you guys weren't talking about how I put like 350 hours into it, right?

Yep, one of those. :p

I mentioned it because it's an awesome PS1 game and we were talking of awesome PS1 games :O

Ohhh, what's she like? :D

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I mentioned it because it's an awesome PS1 game and we were talking of awesome PS1 games :O
It's one of my all-time favorites. Every so often a game just clicks with you and that thing is my game. It's embarrassing how vividly I remember crafting my first 350+ damage flail.
Ohhh, what's she like? :D
Honestly, truly, I wouldn't even know where to begin.

hmmm aaaanybody know if Metroid Prime runs well on Dolphin?

Puddles

Banned
I'd like to meet a girl who reminds me of April O'Neil.

Also, don't search for April O'Neil on google image search. Apparently there's an adult star with the same name.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Yea, is there anyone out there who will play through The Longest Journey with me?

It would be my third time through. I don't care if it's your first or your sixth- I want a buddy. Lissar's one of those people, and it doesn't seem like it'll work.

If you've got a windows PC from 2002 or later, it can be yours for ten bucks on Steam. I'm willing to put in five from my own pocket if you'll commit to playing through it with me over the next month.

We can help each other out when we get stuck. Experience one of the greatest games of all time for five dollars- you know you want to.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Yea, is there anyone out there who will play through The Longest Journey with me?

It would be my third time through. I don't care if it's your first or your sixth- I want a buddy. Lissar's one of those people, and it doesn't seem like it'll work.

If you've got a windows PC from 2002 or later, it can be yours for ten bucks on Steam. I'm willing to put in five from my own pocket if you'll commit to playing through it with me over the next month.

We can help each other out when we get stuck. Experience one of the greatest games of all time for five dollars- you know you want to.

*cry*

I tried...

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Back in Austin finally.

You people are slave drivers! NYC probably this weekend, certain someone demands I come back to LA as soon as possible...

I'd better get on board with a good frequent flyer program ;b

Davedough

Back in Austin finally.

You people are slave drivers! NYC probably this weekend, certain someone demands I come back to LA as soon as possible...

I'd better get on board with a good frequent flyer program ;b

You can skip out of the Arizona meet up. I'm pretty sure I'm the only AZ member that admits he's from here and knowing most Arizonans, I'd be the only person to show. It would be a bit awkward just the two of us, but I promise to be gentle if you should decide to come.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Well, I could try the disc copy I have. Maybe that would be easier? I'll try later tonight, but there's no guarantee it will work.
Oh, certainly no guarantee. But if anything's worth a shot...
sfHzq.png

voJ74.jpg

UNXGJ.jpg

Davedough

Oh, are we doing screenshots? Lissar should enjoy these!

The Mage's version of a shield. Called a Talisman.

PYSZC.jpg

Holy charged fire attacks!

xRj24.jpg

What? Where'd I go? Oh yeah, its my Blink ability.

7kaiD.jpg

Davedough

Ah man. It looks glorious, but I can't pay 60 bucks for a singleplayer game. I just can't do it.

Its all good, everyone's got their thing. It has a MASSIVE amount of content and the game world is gigantic. There's plenty to do and while I do wish there were a co-op multiplayer, its not missed that much.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I'm willing to pay for it, that's for sure- just not $60. I got Skryim for $53 at launch and I don't regret it, even though it's a substantial amount for me still. But I'm not even done (maybe not even halfway done? :p) with that game.

Davedough

I'm willing to pay for it, that's for sure- just not $60. I got Skryim for $53 at launch and I don't regret it, even though it's a substantial amount for me still. But I'm not even done (maybe not even halfway done? :p) with that game.

Haha.. I understand that. I'd dumped around 115 hours into Skyrim and hadn't gotten but 1/4 of the way through the main questline. I forced myself to finish the main quest before Amalur came out so I wouldn't feel guilty. After 115 hours though, I feel I got my money's worth out of Skyrim. It now sits proudly in my collection when I feel like enough time has passed for me to re-roll a different character type.

Acid08

Banned
pYQ1y.jpg

Best valentine ever. So stoked.

DARTH VADER GUMMIES ARE DELICIOUS.

Edit: OH GOD IT'S CARLTON.

This is what I'm referring to.

AxLwJ.jpg

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Okay, back on track for these:

InfiniteNine:

infinitenine.jpg

ZeroRay:

zeroray.jpg

I just realized... both your names have numbers in them. And two words stuck together. *stares* INFINITE RAY 0/9! *paging SA to put this in the comic somehow*

Tomorrow will be Acid and Hawk!

Lissar

Reluctant Member
It's a measure of how tired I am that I actually read that normally as "fantastic" about 5 times before realizing what it actually said.

Imma play Xenogears for a half hour before I go to bed.

I hope I don't run into a cut scene...

*snerk*

OMG Lissar! ;~; <3 I loooooove it! Thank you so much!!! :DD

:D

AcridMeat

Banned
It's a measure of how tired I am that I actually read that normally as "fantastic" about 5 times before realizing what it actually said.

Imma play Xenogears for a half hour before I go to bed.

I hope I don't run into a cut scene...

*snerk*

:D

It took me reading this post to realize...D:

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Lissar's PS1 Adventures ~Part I~

It should be noted that while it is perfectly acceptable to stick some half-assed RPG system into many games (though some may claim otherwise) it is NOT acceptable to half-ass a platforming system into anywhere. Half-assed platforming only leads to confusion and ruin. While it is even more noticeable during a later segment of Xenogears (YOU KNOW WHICH I MEAN) its general badness can be seen throughout the game.

Also interesting to note that I HAD thought that vocal background tracks (that is, vocal music outside of the main theme(s)) had only gotten their start in the PS2 era. Imagine my surprise when I ran into Dazil to hear this. Apparently I was quite off. Lovely track, too. Stay in town just to hear this one.

ZeroRay

ZeroRay:

zeroray.jpg

I just realized... both your names have numbers in them. And two words stuck together. *stares* INFINITE RAY 0/9! *paging SA to put this in the comic somehow*

Tomorrow will be Acid and Hawk!

So awesome, thank you Lissar! I look pretty badass. :D

If me and IN did the fusion dance, ZeroInfinity would sound good, or better yet &#8734;/0; our class would change to Mathemagician.

You ever have one of those mornings where you wake up way earlier than you intended and just physically can not go back to sleep?

I had to work out in my head whether I had anything so important today that I couldn't blow it off with a nap later in the day.

jasonng

You ever have one of those mornings where you wake up way earlier than you intended and just physically can not go back to sleep?

I had to work out in my head whether I had anything so important today that I couldn't blow it off with a nap later in the day.

Well you do have to organize the Atlantic Meetup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom