• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Real-GAF: A GAF Community!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Hey look everyone, there's Lissar. Good morning Lissar. =)

Nice work on your above art. I have to ask though, how far down the line am I? I cant wait to see my burly chest immortalized in 2D fantasticism... yes, I made up that word just for you.

BTW, what are you using? Wacom tablet?

You're pretty far down the list, sorry :< I have to do them in order of when they were asked or it's not fair!

Yep, I'm using my snazzy Intuos 4! It's the smallest size, but that's all I need.

It's between that, the Mario theme (which must end with the game over tune), and SOMETHING from Zelda.

Only something from Zelda? There is only one song from Zelda I can think of as overplayed. ._.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Yea, is there anyone out there who will play through The Longest Journey with me?

It would be my third time through. I don't care if it's your first or your sixth- I want a buddy. Lissar's one of those people, and it doesn't seem like it'll work.

If you've got a windows PC from 2002 or later, it can be yours for ten bucks on Steam. I'm willing to put in five from my own pocket if you'll commit to playing through it with me over the next month.

We can help each other out when we get stuck. Experience one of the greatest games of all time for five dollars- you know you want to.
Quoting on the off chance.

Anybody? $5!

Explore fantastical worlds in multiple dimensions! Writing and voice acting that bests plenty of AAA releases today! One of the most memorable protagonists in gaming history!

Lissar

Reluctant Member
So it has co-op?

*considers TLJ co-op* One person plays April and the other Crow? Crow would be a different adventure to be sure. The adventure of one talking bird trying to get with birdies who don't speak like he does (and he doesn't even speak bird language! How does he manage this I wonder?) He does go off to some odd places.

But no, TLJ does not have co-op. He just wants someone to play along with because I'm a failure at life.

Oatmeal's better when it's standalone. More fun to eat that way.

...or maybe when you sculpt it into oatmeal monsters. Then, raarg, eat off its head because you're a bigger monster!

Oatmeal is awful by itself. It is only great in cookie or bar form. Hopefully with raisins and/or honey.

Puddles

Banned
*considers TLJ co-op* One person plays April and the other Crow? Crow would be a different adventure to be sure. The adventure of one talking bird trying to get with birdies who don't speak like he does (and he doesn't even speak bird language! How does he manage this I wonder?) He does go off to some odd places.

But no, TLJ does not have co-op. He just wants someone to play along with because I'm a failure at life.

Wait, how would that work? You just both play the game at the same time and send each other chat messages about what you're doing?

Lissar

Reluctant Member
I am disappointed in your lack of enthusiasm for oatmeal cookies. You're letting your chocolate chip biases get in the way of an awesome cookie >:|

Puddles

Banned
Really well-made oatmeal cookies can be as good or better than chocolate chip when fresh. The majority never reach this level though.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
I have many times chosen oatmeal over chocolate chip! It's a fine cookie in its own right and not just a chocolate chip replacement because people assume you should be eating healthier (whatever that's suppose to mean when it comes to cookies.)

Oatmeal is awful by itself. It is only great in cookie or bar form. Hopefully with raisins and/or honey.

As if. I could eat brown sugar and maple oatmeal every day for the rest of my life and be pretty happy about it.

I am disappointed in your lack of enthusiasm for oatmeal cookies. You're letting your chocolate chip biases get in the way of an awesome cookie >:|

Oh shit, guys, I didn't know she had an angry face, too! Maybe we'd better lie low for a while....

Also, your lowly "oatmeal" and "chocolate chip" peasants bow deeply to King Stella D'oro Swiss Fudge.

I have many times chosen oatmeal over chocolate chip! It's a fine cookie in its own right and not just a chocolate chip replacement because people assume you should be eating healthier (whatever that's suppose to mean when it comes to cookies.)

On the other hand, chocolate chip.

jasonng

Things Laser and I like:
  • Legend of Mana
  • Oatmeal Cookies

Things Laser and I don't agree on:
  • Everything else.

We're getting there.

Karkador

Banned
I prefer oatmeal cookies over chocolate chip (which tend to be pretty standard and boring). Oatmeal cookies can have some interesting variety to them, and I prefer the texture a lot more.

Only something from Zelda? There is only one song from Zelda I can think of as overplayed. ._.

Which one? The Overworld theme is obvious, but then there's also almost everything from Ocarina of Time...

jasonng

Not at all. Persona though.

I'm trying to remember the places I've had dynamite oatmeal cookies. Only one that comes to mind is Milk and Cookies here downtown. And I'm glad I went to research because I didnt know they have a bacon cookie now. Looks like I know where I'm getting breakfast tomorrow!

Lissar

Reluctant Member
I prefer oatmeal cookies over chocolate chip (which tend to be pretty standard and boring). Oatmeal cookies can have some interesting variety to them, and I prefer the texture a lot more.

*claps*

Which one? The Overworld theme is obvious, but then there's also almost everything from Ocarina of Time...

Overworld theme, obviously. It's the song that is going to pop into the heads of people who are only vaguely familiar with Zelda. I mean I've played a few games but I'm not a super fan of the series (I do LIKE it though, so please don't jump on me Zelda fans.) The overworld theme is pretty much THE song.

Added something. I'm hoping it's right.

Jason has been quite vocal in his hatred of RP-GAF.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
The adventure of one talking bird trying to get with birdies who don't speak like he does (and he doesn't even speak bird language! How does he manage this I wonder?)
I don't think crow will ever really
get over his crush on the White Dragon
... nor will I really ever get over mine.
I never said owning a Mac makes you a failure at life. Plus you draw real pretty, so it makes sense to have one of them there graphic machines. It just makes you a failure at magnificent adventure gaming, is all.
Wait, how would that work? You just both play the game at the same time and send each other chat messages about what you're doing?
Haha, I don't think playing at exactly the same time is quite realistic. I was just thinking we'd say like "Play up to Chapter whatever by Friday" and post screencaps and commentary in here. And Steam messages to one another if we get stuck would be appropriate certainly.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
I never said owning a Mac makes you a failure at life. Plus you draw real pretty, so it makes sense to have one of them there graphic machines. It just makes you a failure at magnificent adventure gaming, is all.

But I feeeeeeeel like a failure! Only two months ago I could have played so easily... only two months ago. ;.;

I'm interested in The Longest Journey (I've never played it)

http://store.steampowered.com/app/6310/

Go forth!

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Bootcamp.

Hohoho, you see, THIS IS MY PROBLEM.

So I had Bootcamp all nice and everything was installed. Then the plague came through GAF and nothing could be done to save it (it deleted something integral to the system.) Only choice was to delete the partition and reinstall. But! It turns out there is a problem with trying to install Windows a second time. So it would not reinstall. And so no Windows.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I'm interested in The Longest Journey (I've never played it)
Do you like old-school (point-and click) adventure gaming? Are you willing to go halfsies on it and play through it to the end by ~a month from now?

Do you feel like you're paying too much for your long-distance phone service?
But I feeeeeeeel like a failure! Only two months ago I could have played so easily... only two months ago. ;.;
Wait what happened again?
edit: wait I think that's it up there reading now

Hohoho, you see, THIS IS MY PROBLEM.

So I had Bootcamp all nice and everything was installed. Then the plague came through GAF and nothing could be done to save it (it deleted something integral to the system.) Only choice was to delete the partition and reinstall. But! It turns out there is a problem with trying to install Windows a second time. So it would not reinstall. And so no Windows.

What was the install problem?

Puddles

Banned
I tried photoshopping my face onto various bodies (Superman, etc) last night, with mediocre results.

Today, every time I see a picture I keep thinking the head is photoshopped on. Even when it's totally not.

AcridMeat

Banned
Whew, just got back from my first morning run in my new cape and pirate shirt. There was this cute bald guy driving past, but he didn't want anything to do with me and sped past. :(
Okay, this small bump I have in my body has got to go. It's been aggravating the living hell out of me for the past couple of hours.

It's not a cyst is it?

You guys complaining about oatmeal cookies, forshame. Also how do you guys not know what an oatmeal cookie looks like by now?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Aw, problem with installing Windows twice...? I wonder what the deal was. Windows LOVES to be installed multiple times in my experience, but I've never used Bootcamp before even once.

How does this game run on modern PCs?
Excellent question actually- I can't really answer it because we wouldn't be playing the same version. Steam has potentially done some optimizations to make it run better from a full silent install. The game's from a different era.

I'm using the old school 4-disc version (remember multiple install discs?) with the content of every disc copied to my harddrive. It runs just dandy for me, no complaints at all, but I had to manually install a patch and fan reg-fix to get it working- I imagiine none of that would be necessary for you on Steam.

What I'm going to do for this time through is try and get some major supersampling AA going. The last computer I played it on wasn't powerful enough. But this one can probably make it look damn good for its age.

Acid08

Banned
Whew, just got back from my first morning run in my new cape and pirate shirt. There was this cute bald guy driving past, but he didn't want anything to do with me and sped past. :(

It's not a cyst is it?

You guys complaining about oatmeal cookies, forshame. Also how do you guys not know what an oatmeal cookie looks like by now?
LOL

Karkador

Banned
From my experience with older games on Steam, they don't do anything to optimize or fix them unless the developer provides them with a fix (and how likely is that?). So I'll probably have to do whatever you did.

Does the game run in widescreen? Any glitches in sound/picture?

I thought everyone knew Itagaki.

EDIT: But seriously, chocolate chip cookies are almost always better than oatmeal, provided that the cookie is soft and chewy. That's not to say that oatmeal cookies are bad, just inferior.

Both are inferior to good brownies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom