• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Real-GAF: A GAF Community!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I have no beautiful talents. ;_;
image.php

What unique abilities do you guys have? I know I've weirded out some people with crossing my eyes and moving one of them "independently"...I can also double and triple tongue (as in playing a wind instrument) which also has gotten fun reactions when I try to get others to do the same thing

What exactly is "double tonguing"? At first, I was like "woohoo, time to search google to see if Rule 54 is still active!", then I was like "Hmm, it's a bunch of people saying "takataka" into a musical instrument. I still do not understand this at all.

That said: Oooooh, I like this game!

Biological Whimseys:

* I can wiggle my ears, though not independently of each other.
* I used to be able to rotate either thumb then bend them behind the knuckles of their respective pointer fingers, but that's gone now.
* When I hit bottom of my weight loss but before I started lifting weights, I could bend ... just enough. The guys here know what I'm talking about.
* I can do that thing where you put one arm behind your shoulder from above and the other behind your back from below and hold hands. This isn't incredibly rare, but it's uncommon enough to bring up.

Odd Talents:

* I can make cheap costumes that somehow, sometimes, make people say "holy shit, that's amazing!"
* I can stiltwalk while hula hooping while reading books while holding conversations
* I can use up to thirteen hoops at once on a really good day

Everything else I do is pretty basic/amateurish, unless I'm missing something, not counting brainy stuff like scripting or server management or whatnot. I'm just this dude, you know?

H.Protagonist said:
but I can pretty much dislocate (or just slip mostly out of joint) my right shoulder at will.
H.Protagonist said:
I'm better with a gun, though

Truly, you are Real-GAF's lethal weapon.

.la1n

Random note of the day, went to the gas station near work to get some snacks and the lady at the register told me I looked like Josh Groban. A quick Google search upon returning to work...could be worse.

jasonng

Random note of the day, went to the gas station near work to get some snacks and the lady at the register told me I looked like Josh Groban. A quick Google search upon returning to work...could be worse.
You still look like Ted Mosby to me.

Girl I liked in high school had googly-eyes for Groban.

I got jealous one day and said he was dumb looking and from that point on all her friends hated me.

What unique abilities do you guys have? I know I've weirded out some people with crossing my eyes and moving one of them "independently"...I can also double and triple tongue (as in playing a wind instrument) which also has gotten fun reactions when I try to get others to do the same thing

I can turn my feet backwards.

I only do this one at a time because otherwise I lose balance and fall over.

AcridMeat

Banned
Well, I can't post from work anymore. Just got out of a meeting with big words like IT consolidation and reduction of force. It was also said that internet usage will be monitored across the business to look for gaps in productivity. All this stems from a $4M miss of the budget, meaning that's how much the company lost last year.

With that, my posts will be sporadic at best when I can browse on my phone during breaks. Have fun RP GAF.

This terrible news and I'm on campus so I don't have access to the wealth of gifs saved at home to provide visuals of how I feel at this moment.

A bad day, indeed.

.la1n

You still look like Ted Mosby to me.

I'll always be your Ted Mosby <3

Well, I can't post from work anymore. Just got out of a meeting with big words like IT consolidation and reduction of force. It was also said that internet usage will be monitored across the business to look for gaps in productivity. All this stems from a $4M miss of the budget, meaning that's how much the company lost last year.

With that, my posts will be sporadic at best when I can browse on my phone during breaks. Have fun RP GAF.

129088459358078957.jpg

Girl I liked in high school had googly-eyes for Groban.

I got jealous one day and said he was dumb looking and from that point on all her friends hated me.

but...I'm not dumb looking :(

edit: I think it's mostly due to the fact that I am long overdue for a haircut and it's now curly.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
So my messed up arm: It actually got messed up a few seconds into the lightest of my exercises :< I'm not usually this pathetic, but I was yesterday... Doesn't feel any better this morning. Not sure how effectively I'm going to be able to take a shower and get dressed if I can't lift it.

Apparently my interview today has three interviewers. Most intimidating volunteer position ever?

AcridMeat

Banned
If you get intimidated you could always threaten them Lissar.

You see what I did to this arm!? I can do it to you
until I get this volunteer position

WAIT

How can I use this association to marry her

"Dear Lady,

I know this guy on the web who knows some people who know you. Would you be my wife?

Sincerely,
ShockingAlberto

PS: I'm not creepy like that James guy you don't know."

edit: wait, was his name "Jason" actually? Man, historical facts are fading from my brain faster than ever!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom