• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Real-GAF: A GAF Community!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuckie

5 episodes is enough to get a gist of Cowboy Bebop. Is it not to your liking?

At the time not really. But to be really honest I cannot tell you why. I forgot why it didn't really hit the right cords. Might be worth to try again.
So what is Samurai Champloo like? Is it for 'adults'? (And by that I mean theme and violence... not hentai shit)

Ashes

Banned
At the time not really. But to be really honest I cannot tell you why. I forgot why it didn't really hit the right cords. Might be worth to try again.
So what is Samurai Champloo like? Is it for 'adults'? (And by that I mean theme and violence... not hentai shit)

Shinichirō Watanabe created both, so they are similar at the core. The key difference being Samurai Champloo is set in medieval Japan. It's coloured lighter, and the atmosphere is pretty much about three friends on a journey.

I suggest you give Cowboy Bebop a rest. It's not a good idea to force anything. Come back to it when its rainy some day in the future. It's one of those series where I wish I could watch again for the first time. It just epitomises understated haphazard coolness.

Lol. I was gonna just write about Samurai Champloo. :p

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
I've said it before, I'll say it again: Planetes

Lots of meh episodes, but the latter 8 or so are really good.

jasonng

Cowboy Bebop and Samurai Champloo are for people who even hate animes. I'm really looking forward to Watanabe's next work. It's going to be amazing. Another favorite of mine that no one seems to like is Big O.

Cowboy Bebop and Samurai Champloo are for people who even hate animes. I'm really looking forward to Watanabe's next work. It's going to be amazing. Another favorite of mine that no one seems to like is Big O.
I remember hearing once from a friend at Williams St. how they killed Big O season 3.

I enjoyed it, too, so it was sad that it ended like that.

Fuck Adult Swim for bringing Big O back and then cancelling it. Trolls, man.

There was a huge anti-anime sentiment at Williams Street at the time. They wanted to use the money that Turner was paying for one series and spend it on six ones they made in-house.

Eventually that side won, partially because Big O ratings and DVD sales weren't great.

First term results are in!

Graphics = 64%
Natural Language Systems = 73%
Understanding Programming Languages = 83%

Wooooooo! Now to keep that up for this term too! :D

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Can anyone recommend some anime with the following features?

- No loli/moe shit whatsoever.
- Protagonist, male or female, who is a fucking boss.
- No harem shit.
- Nothing where the girls freak out and whine and giant teardrops appear on their faces and their eyes get really small or turn into rectangles or any of that crap. I guess this one isn't a dealbreaker if it only happens once or twice.
- Some good action.

I've seen Ghost in the Shell, Akira, Sword of the Stranger, Vampire Hunter D (and Bloodlust), Wicked City, and... that might be it.
Definitely some good suggestions for you so far.
I'd add Outlaw Star, which I believe fits your above description quite well, and Trigun.

Davedough

My two top series are Gungrave and Trigun. And no, having gun in the title has nothing to do with me being an American.

Trigun is way too silly for puddles' request on the previous page but got dayum is it good

My two top series are Gungrave and Trigun. And no, having gun in the title has nothing to do with me being an American.

Trigun is way too silly for puddles' request on the previous page but got dayum is it good

Yeah, Trigun is pretty awesome. I think Puddles may appreciate the theme tune too.

SRG01

First term results are in!

Graphics = 64%
Natural Language Systems = 73%
Understanding Programming Languages = 83%

Wooooooo! Now to keep that up for this term too! :D

? How long are each of your terms? It seems kind of strange for a term to be ending in February.

(I'm a college instructor so anything school-related makes me curious)

? How long are each of your terms? It seems kind of strange for a term to be ending in February.

(I'm a college instructor so anything school-related makes me curious)

Teeeeeeechnically it's a semester but I don't like that word >_>

Also teaching for it ended in December and we had exams in January.

fb_pumpkin_small.jpg

So far so good. I had to put a collapsed hoop in the center to give it more structure. It'll be less oblate when worn on account of my waist and legs being wider than I have it tied here. But I really should have tried to think of something to put inside to round it out more. I can still do this if I have time, but this might be more a matter of "whelp, use it in defective mode this time, then take it into storage and have it sit there until it's needed again (likely around Halloween, eh?), but then actually plan out proper internals.

Oh, there will be eyes and a scary mouth in black on the front, so it's clearer what it is. :p

It's a Jack-o-lantern. Or it will be, once it's done and properly poofed out.

Also, welcome to my house. Party's in a day and three weeks. :p

RawPower

Banned
OK, so throat lozenges aren't doing the trick. I'm at a loss as to what I should do, at this juncture. My best guess is that I'm just sick and should sleep it off.

fb_pumpkin_small.jpg

So far so good. I had to put a collapsed hoop in the center to give it more structure. It'll be less oblate when worn on account of my waist and legs being wider than I have it tied here. But I really should have tried to think of something to put inside to round it out more. I can still do this if I have time, but this might be more a matter of "whelp, use it in defective mode this time, then take it into storage and have it sit there until it's needed again (likely around Halloween, eh?), but then actually plan out proper internals.

Oh, there will be eyes and a scary mouth in black on the front, so it's clearer what it is. :p

It's a Jack-o-lantern. Or it will be, once it's done and properly poofed out.

Also, welcome to my house. Party's in a day and three weeks. :p

You're such a 'crafty' guy, GW. I don't think a pumpkin is up to your skills, though. You need something more challenging. One day I'll be motivated enough to do a decent costume. ^_^

- No harem shit.
- Nothing where the girls freak out and whine and giant teardrops appear on their faces and their eyes get really small or turn into rectangles or any of that crap. I guess this one isn't a dealbreaker if it only happens once or twice.
- Some good action.

I've seen Ghost in the Shell, Akira, Sword of the Stranger, Vampire Hunter D (and Bloodlust), Wicked City, and... that might be it.

Black Lagoooooooooon! So badass. Watch it, Puddles!

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Now my parents have bought Just Dance.

And I realize that my parents have bought more games within a month than I have. There is something wrong with the world.

SRG01

And I realize that my parents have bought more games within a month than I have. There is something wrong with the world.

My dad has a Lancer Evo. It goes faster than my car...

He's also pushing 60.

RawPower

Banned
I just got a bunch of angry messages because I defriended someone on Facebook. The thing is, I've only met her like twice. It wasn't even personal. Oh well.

I didn't know I was that important. :p

Chuckie

I just got a bunch of angry messages because I defriended someone on Facebook. The thing is, I've only met her like twice. It wasn't even personal. Oh well.

I didn't know I was that important. :p

So what was the reason you de-friended her? Cleaning up your profile or what?

I don't think I'd notice it if I got defriended.

My mom can hardly use email and for that I'm grateful. No Just Dance for her.

Btw, how's the injury? Any better?

RawPower

Banned
So what was the reason you de-friended her? Cleaning up your profile or what?

I don't think I'd notice it if I got defriended.

Mostly, yeah. But also because she would always post about how much she loves her boyfriend and other mundane bullshit. It was annoying.

Karl2177

- No harem shit.
- Some good action.

Code Geass.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
My dad has a Lancer Evo. It goes faster than my car...

He's also pushing 60.

Middle aged men like fast cars? I'm lucky my dad never (yet?) felt the need to buy an expensive and fast car.

Expensive GUITARS well, that something different (but he already has his dream guitar.)

My mom can hardly use email and for that I'm grateful. No Just Dance for her.

Btw, how's the injury? Any better?

Injury is much better. Almost healed! I'll definitely be able to do a lot of drawing today.

Also, my dad has put like 200 hours into Fishing Resort. I'm amazed there is that much content. He even avoids doing quests whenever he can (he hates talking to people, even in a game.)

I feel silly for not understanding this :C

I assume he means this?

RawPower

Banned
Looks like I have an entire assload of anime to check out now. Sweet!

By the way, what's the point of having cake if you can't eat it?

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Looks like I have an entire assload of anime to check out now. Sweet!

By the way, what's the point of having cake if you can't eat it?

The point is that you can have cake OR eat it. Once you've eaten it you no longer have it. So you can't do both (unless you have a ton of cake I suppose.)

Chuckie

Mornin', Tence. ^_^ I finally have some time to indulge in my internet addiction. Coffee and web news/neo makes for a fine vacation. How are things with you, awesome artist?

Things are fine. Enjoying the fact it is friday night. Having an icecold Amstel beer and just ordered two secondhand little LEGO sets I used to have as a kid. 14 euro well spent on nostalgia.
The missus is out with friends for another two hours... so I can hang out on the couch with my laptop without feeling any guilt ;)

Middle aged men like fast cars? I'm lucky my dad never (yet?) felt the need to buy an expensive and fast car.

Expensive GUITARS well, that something different (but he already has his dream guitar.)

Injury is much better. Almost healed! I'll definitely be able to do a lot of drawing today.

Also, my dad has put like 200 hours into Fishing Resort. I'm amazed there is that much content. He even avoids doing quests whenever he can (he hates talking to people, even in a game.)

I assume he means this?

Good to hear it! I hate random muscle pulls. You feel helpless while waiting for them to mend. And yay for Fishing Resort! Such a meaty game. ^_^ Funny that he's avoiding quests. No one really talks in the game, but I guess those are 'wordy' RPG elements.

Internet. ALWAYS SERIOUS BUSINESS.

Get off gaf and concentrate on that pool game! Our honor is at stake!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom