• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Real-GAF: A GAF Community!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RawPower

Banned
My... My brother in law just taught me an amazing phrase that all ladies (and Dave too, I guess) could/should use in the future, that I thought I should share for the greater good of the world:

If you see a hot guy, apparently you say in a tone of awe (while probably fanning yourself)...
A baja panty

O_O

I don't get it.

Oh Dave.

RawPower told a joke after you and then edited it out.

I thought the joke made perfect sense.

I'm using that tonight just for the lawls.

(I'll be the only one that is laughing)

I laughed so hard. My brother in law did such a good girl impression complete with the gestures. And, I'm fully prepared to use this in public though I agree that no one will understand at all. If we are amused, that's all that counts.

It's funny because Vivi exemplifies what a lot of people complain about in JRPG characters (morose, "emo," amnesia, young, naive, believes in the power of friendship, etc.), but everyone loves him.

Man, I'd love it if there was an actual emo character in a game. Rawking out to Jawbreaker and Braid and shit. It'd be awesome.

Hey, Dave!

My cute little elf girl would totally kick your dude's ass

jb1lLfHiD8rld.png

Come at us

Davedough

Hey, Dave!

My cute little elf girl would totally kick your dude's ass

jb1lLfHiD8rld.png

Come at us
Lol nice. If you could catch me! I'd have you stunned and smoldering before you got close enough to hit me with that big sword. Then my Fae Gorta would suck your life out and give it to me. =P

I do wish there were a multiplayer component for co-op and you could duel if you were bored

I do wish there were a multiplayer component for co-op and you could duel if you were bored

Alas, we shall theory fight.

Lol nice. If you could catch me! I'd have you stunned and smoldering before you got close enough to hit me with that big sword. Then my Fae Gorta would suck your life out and give it to me. =P

OHOHOHO!

Yes! Throw your minions at me, the more the better. They would only feed my unquenchable appetite for bloodshed. In dispatching them I would only go stronger so when it comes time to deal with you I could sneeze in your direction and you'd die!

I also have a pretty sweet bow

j2CJ4wW9bukpQ.png

Lissar

Reluctant Member
LOL

Lissar, if your PC/Mac can run it, I can gift it to you on Steam. Kind of makes up for my attempt to give Alberto PSN money with a Canadian PSN card, hah.

Wasn't that Beef?

Anyway, can't run it :< Even if I had Bootcamp I don't think my computer would be up to the challenge.

Thanks though :3

Davedough

Alas, we shall theory fight.

OHOHOHO!

Yes! Throw your minions at me, the more the better. They would only feed my unquenchable appetite for bloodshed. In dispatching them I would only go stronger so when it comes time to deal with you I could sneeze in your direction and you'd die!

I also have a pretty sweet bow

j2CJ4wW9bukpQ.png
That's ok, while you're sniffling in the corner, I would have already blinked away and begun casting meteor to rain fiery hell down upon your armor. While you're reeling from the display of cosmic destruction imparing your every judgement I would already have concocted my triple threat spell, elemental rage which spits forth a cocaphony of lightning, fire and ice to welcome you into the cold slumber of eternity

jasonng

I dont think I'm playing the game right because all I'm doing is harpooning and swinging my long sword. Other weapons just don't click with me.

I use Daggers and Faeblades, but if I decide to respec, I probably won't go rogue again. Enemies see you way too easily and sometimes they're positioned in dungeons so assholishly (a big circular room with everyone's backs to the wall) that stealth just isn't an option.

jasonng

I already rerolled a different character because my initial was stealth too. Stealing and lockpicking is such a pain in the ass too. It's definitely not as fun as Skyrim's (I can't believe I just typed that). Doing Might/Finesse right now because I don't believe in pure builds.

Also, 10 brownie points to whoever can guess my character's name. I named it after one of you fine RPgaffers.

I already rerolled a different character because my initial was stealth too. Stealing and lockpicking is such a pain in the ass too. It's definitely not as fun as Skyrim's (I can't believe I just typed that). Doing Might/Finesse right now because I don't believe in pure builds.

Also, 10 brownie points to whoever can guess my character's name. I named it after one of you fine RPgaffers.

la1n

Normally I'd say Feep but Feep isn't in RPGaf.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Just read the words "Mitochondrial Eve" and now I feel a need to play Parasite Eve. Damn. I can't just play ALL the PS1 games at once.

The mitochondria music is stuck in my head. That music always freaks me out.

That's ok, while you're sniffling in the corner, I would have already blinked away and begun casting meteor to rain fiery hell down upon your armor. While you're reeling from the display of cosmic destruction imparing your every judgement I would already have concocted my triple threat spell, elemental rage which spits forth a cocaphony of lightning, fire and ice to welcome you into the cold slumber of eternity

OP

How much damage do your spells do? Coz with Relentless Assault I can walk throught that shit and with Harpoon/Arrow there's never a way I either can't hit you or can't get to where I can hit you. Also if you get me below 25% health I'm getting most of my health back with a 100% damage boost :D

I dont think I'm playing the game right because all I'm doing is harpooning and swinging my long sword. Other weapons just don't click with me.

Greatswords are by far the best weapon in the Might tree. If you like the fast, swingy action of the long sword might as well get some daggers/faeblades and put some points into Might to get harpoon.

I use Daggers and Faeblades, but if I decide to respec, I probably won't go rogue again. Enemies see you way too easily and sometimes they're positioned in dungeons so assholishly (a big circular room with everyone's backs to the wall) that stealth just isn't an option.

No point in using both really, get yourself a bow! Once you get some points into Finesse you're going to be causing bleed and poison all over the place and with the right equipment your entire combo strings are going to be critical hits (you get a guaranteed crit off of the second hit of the delayed special). Also, smoke bomb once dropped allows you to go hidden in the middle of battle and you can stealth kill. Position yourself right and you can stealth kill everyone while they think you've disappeared. Highest damage I've done off of one of those was like 35K :O

Holy multiquote. I feel like H.Protagonist

No point in using both really, get yourself a bow! Once you get some points into Finesse you're going to be causing bleed and poison all over the place and with the right equipment your entire combo strings are going to be critical hits (you get a guaranteed crit off of the second hit of the delayed special). Also, smoke bomb once dropped allows you to go hidden in the middle of battle and you can stealth kill. Position yourself right and you can stealth kill everyone while they think you've disappeared. Highest damage I've done off of one of those was like 35K :O

Oh no, I mean I switch between Daggers and Fae Blades depending on whether I'm stealthing or fighting through a dungeon. My sub-weapon is always a longbow.

Rogue is getting better with additional powers, I must admit. Once I get around to getting that Lambent protection shard I need, I will probably be able to stop worrying so much about health.

RawPower

Banned

RawPowerski.

Davedough

OP

How much damage do your spells do? Coz with Relentless Assault I can walk throught that shit and with Harpoon/Arrow there's never a way I either can't hit you or can't get to where I can hit you. Also if you get me below 25% health I'm getting most of my health back with a 100% damage boost :D

Greatswords are by far the best weapon in the Might tree. If you like the fast, swingy action of the long sword might as well get some daggers/faeblades and put some points into Might to get harpoon.

Most of my big spells are timed so if you can get me before I proc my spells, then you win. They do take out massive damage though when they connect. I also have a robe that damages the attacker every time I get hit.

Honestly, I know little of the might class so I think if you got ahold of me, I'd turn squishy

Oh and Jason, I'm honored you would name your character after me

Lissar

Reluctant Member
So I was reading about the origin of our domestic cats. I had no idea there were still wild cats out there that are so closely related to domestic ones. In fact, there is hardly any difference between them genetically and they can interbreed. Looking at pictures of them makes me feel weird though, because it makes me try to imagine my cat hunting in the wilds of Africa (which she would fail at I'm sure):

wildcat.jpg

la1n is lame. Feep does have a nice ring to it but no.

The Phenomenal Toasted Man

amirite?

Most of my big spells are timed so if you can get me before I proc my spells, then you win. They do take out massive damage though when they connect. I also have a robe that damages the attacker every time I get hit.

Honestly, I know little of the might class so I think if you got ahold of me, I'd turn squishy

Sorcery looks really fun, I'm saving it for another character and I'll dump all my points into it. Between chakrams and spells it doesn't look like you'd need much else.

Looking at pictures of them makes me feel weird though, because it makes me try to imagine my cat hunting in the wilds of Africa (which she would fail at I'm sure):

I'm sure there's a cat that looks exactly like yours somewhere in Africa eviscerating a gazelle speak, Lissar.

RawPower

Banned
So I was reading about the origin of our domestic cats. I had no idea there were still wild cats out there that are so closely related to domestic ones. In fact, there is hardly any difference between them genetically and they can interbreed. Looking at pictures of them makes me feel weird though, because it makes me try to imagine my cat hunting in the wilds of Africa (which she would fail at I'm sure):

wildcat.jpg

I still think of my dog as a mini-gray wolf from the boreal forest.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
If my cat were plopped into the middle of some forest she'd just sit there and cry for me.

And dammit Jason! I was going to guess Laser, but I didn't want to believe you actually would...

jasonng

My goto female name for all my female protagonists is Maeby. Minkis if I ever make a guy. If I ever remake, it's whatever pops in my head.

Also, I noticed I've been making my female characters with very short hair. They come out looking pretty hot.

If I ever do a mage character for KoA, I'll seriously name it Dave Dough.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
I name everyone Lissar. If I have to name a guy, I try to go with official names first and if there isn't one, just whatever pops into my head.

With Skyrim when I made my thief Khajiit I actually looked up examples of Khajiit names and chose one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom