• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Real-GAF: A GAF Community!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because I like the visual style. Mystery solved!

I like the visual style, too, which is partly why I find the game kind of disappointing. The first area is all pretty colors and anti-Elder Scrolls but then it's just either the same area repeatedly, places with blue skyboxes, or the same caves everywhere.

RawPower

Banned
Prince of Persia 08 had a great art style, but was disappointing in terms of gameplay. The art direction alone made it worth it, though.

.la1n

408997_10150625437539417_572669416_8861139_49479464_n.jpg

Japanese Steak House wut

RP tinychat, do it now, now, do it

I wish I could get on from work :/ where is my android tc app!

I will get on later hopefully for a while since tomorrow is a holiday! I have an idea of what we are gonna do on the 23rd, and I need to practice because im pretty sure there is a stong possibility of explosions

.la1n

I wish I could get on from work :/ where is my android tc app!

I will get on later hopefully for a while since tomorrow is a holiday! I have an idea of what we are gonna do on the 23rd, and I need to practice because im pretty sure there is a stong possibility of explosions

I am in LA next month and you are hanging out so just get ready for it. DO NOT LET ME DOWN.

RawPower

Banned
I'd like to go to LA someday, just to see what the fuss is about.

It ain't gonna be next month though. I'm heading to Montreal, mofuggaz.

You're such a 'crafty' guy, GW. I don't think a pumpkin is up to your skills, though. You need something more challenging. One day I'll be motivated enough to do a decent costume. ^_^

I'm-a gonna be lazy about the Steampunk World's Fair, I think, and make a Victorian-era swimsuit. It'll still be a really useful test of my very raw handy-stitch skills, though.

On another note, I expect epic cosplay from you this year, ma'am.

Just curious, is there any of GAF in Hawaii? Oahu/Honolulu specifically?

We all want to be there. You have our envy.

Anyway,

"You're welcome to hoop with us."
"It's impossible for me to do that because I'm a nerd."
"I'm a nerd."
"I work in IT."
"I run a Linux neuroimaging lab. I outnerd you."

(the moral should be that you can do fun, active things, even if you have intellectual hobbies or jobs)

I still didn't manage to convince him to hit the hoops with us. It is a shame, because I think he really likes girls, and my hoop jams are generally girl-dominated. Still, he's aces in my book, because he helps run a charity to help prevent abuse of pitbulls and breed-discriminatory legislation.

So, pretty decent con. I didn't really go to much of the programming. I got staggeringly drunk on Friday, pissed off a friend by saying something pretty innocuous (she threw empty candy wrappers at me all Saturday in revenge but later felt bad about it, and we made up), spun two or three hoops for something like six hours, taught some tricks, had a box strapped to my pelvis that dispensed yummy treats to people, wore the pumpkin thing, and generally wandered around and stuff.

There was a tabletop gaming room, which also hosted some form of odd LARP wherein the battles were done via games of Rock-Paper-Scissors. The main brunt of the event consists of a shitton of performances by local circus performers, musicians, comedians, burlesque performers, magicians, and so on. There was a face and body painter who did pretty great work, lots of vendors selling mostly costume oriended things, the adult room with the cool suspension machine and the demos about how to do naughty things to people, the amazing head-scratching toy in the center of this page (oh, geez, it's like your head is experiencing an ongoing orgasm while you're using it!), a Never-Ending Tea Party (though, sadly, the tea heater did break on Sunday), and amazing amounts of fire performances, and acceptably debaucherous room parties (there's something special about a con when security freely trades flask tastings with random attendees)...

...all in all, what you'd expect from an East Coast nerd event.

Also, one of the parties had Doritos. Yummmm!

edit: Ha at the web page I linked! They forgot to remove the "lorem ipsum..." placeholder text!

Puddles

Banned
LA-based Real-GAF, we need to throw a celebration for la1n when he arrives.

I nominate clearacell for head of the party-planning committee.

I tried to decipher GW's post and I failed.

The quotes were a discussion I was having with a friend whom I was trying to convince to come and hoop with my peeps. He was self conscious about his ability to hoop because he was a nerd. I tried to explain that I was an even greater nerd, thus proving that it was possible.

The rest of my post was more straightforward -- just chatter about the stuff I did at the Wicked Winter Renaissance Faire over the weekend.

:p

ah, I see.
so it was all you and not the three glasses of wine I had.

On only three glasses of wine, you should be pretty sober.

Hooping is...basketball, right?

Because my initial thought was hula-hooping.

No, no, I was indeed talking about hula hooping. Do they refer to basketball as "hooping"? I know I've heard it called "hoops", but I didn't think that was common.

I don't really involve myself with competitive activities, so I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to sports terminology.

.la1n

LA-based Real-GAF, we need to throw a celebration for la1n when he arrives.

I nominate clearacell for head of the party-planning committee.

Aw you guys don't have to do anything but I would like to see everyone at least two of the nights I am in LA for some pool playing / food / alcohol.

Davedough

Oh for the LA gaffers, I will arrive March 14th and be departing on March 20th.

I wont be there, that's right smack dab in my 10th anniversary. I'd be beheaded if I left to go hang out with a bunch of people that aren't her.... but thanks for the invite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom