• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Real-GAF: A GAF Community!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clydefrog

Still missing Wallach and one special one that is too special to be posted in the thread :eek:

hoo is it? a wildcard?

wild_card.jpg

Okay, end of the month again, and I'm back in my teakilt for a day! I'll try to find something tomorrow that's Real again, but I wanted to honour Tence's efforts on my behalf and set up a nice symmetry with last month. :)

Oh, if anybody here is middle East Coast US and interested in renfaires and similar things, I recommend taking a look at the Wild Wonderful Wicked Woods. The people who run it are pretty good folk. It's a multi-day, outdoor camping thing with lots of circus funnery, likely tons of performers, probably very large amounts of random booze being passed around, possibly lots of people who are wearing very little or nothing at all. Probably a good amount in the way of steampunk and Doctor Who and comics-based costumes. Much respect for alternative lifestyle folk. Probably BDSM workshops. Also, the people who go to these events are generally incredibly geeky.

So, like, nice way to pass a weekend.

edit: Wow, I'm on the Tence Collage! ^_^

Oh, so birth-time-GAF?

Count me in on the "make momma suffer" parade, if there is one. I was born at 6:05am, after many, many hours of keeping a lady awake all night.
While inside her. This is still my general M.O., three and a half decades later.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
What was your class again Wallach? Steampunk something or other?

Speaking of steamy showers (some of you in IRC know what I'm talking about) my fan broke today so I nearly passed out again. Weee fun times.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Steampunk viking-wizard. Naturally.

Of course :O How silly of me.

Is it a fan built into the room, or a portable fan? That sucks. Passing out in a shower sounds pretty dangerous.

It's built into the ceiling. Hopefully I can get it fixed soonish :x It is dangerous, but most of the time when it happens I rush to lay on the floor so I don't fall over in the shower. Then I have to lay there for awhile until the blackness fades and the blood stops ringing *sigh*

It's built into the ceiling. Hopefully I can get it fixed soonish :x It is dangerous, but most of the time when it happens I rush to lay on the floor so I don't fall over in the shower. Then I have to lay there for awhile until the blackness fades and the blood stops ringing *sigh*

It really sounds like it would be beneficial to your continued survival to get a portable fan as a backup. And open a window, if your domicile has that particular luxury.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
It really sounds like it would be beneficial to your continued survival to get a portable fan as a backup. And open a window, if your domicile has that particular luxury.

It might be a good idea to get an extra fan. Sadly where I'm living currently does not have a window in the bathroom. I wish I was at least living alone so I could keep the door open :x

I'm sorry.. I got stuck for the last half hour on the words "steamy shower". I'm only just now catching up to things.

It's always something or other with you :O

Davedough

It might be a good idea to get an extra fan. Sadly where I'm living currently does not have a window in the bathroom. I wish I was at least living alone so I could keep the door open :x

It's always something or other with you :O

Hey, I'm not the one insinuating I was naked and near passed out.

That brings back flashbacks of prison.

Edit: BTW... can you PM me your gmail address please? I want to share our character bios with you so far just to see how you think they're coming. You are the creator of the images, so you get sneak preview privileges.

Sometimes, being alive and embarrassed is slightly more important than being dead and ... dead.

Just tell your homemate that you're having health problems and need to keep the door open during your shower. Ask nicely for them to not peek. If they live with you, it's probably not because they're scary stalkers who try to photograph your boobs at every opportunity. Er, at least, I'd hope that'd be one of your prerequisites for living with somebody.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Sometimes, being alive and embarrassed is slightly more important than being dead and ... dead.

Just tell your homemate that you're having health problems and need to keep the door open during your shower. Ask nicely for them to not peek. If they live with you, it's probably not because they're scary stalkers who try to photograph your boobs at every opportunity. Er, at least, I'd hope that'd be one of your prerequisites for living with somebody.

Haha, I think I'll be fine. I've been dealing with it for 12 years and I haven't hurt myself very badly yet. I'm probably not going to, but it is an inconvenience. At times I've had to take a shower in stages because I needed to lay down a bit (but it hasn't been that bad recently.)

4 days left, and I can switch my avatar.

4 more days...*rocks back and forth in a corner*

Don't make anymore silly bets :O

Lissar

Reluctant Member
The guys are doing some great work on those bios. I think everyone will enjoy reading them when the time comes :D

Also, wow HP. Buuuuurn.

Of course :O How silly of me.

That sounds really dangerous... Maybe you should stick to sitting showers? I always hear about people who pass our in the shower and fall in terrible ways. <--- I fear this.

The guys are doing some great work on those bios. I think everyone will enjoy reading them when the time comes :D

Also, wow HP. Buuuuurn.

... -_- Wut? Did he kill me off early or something? I died in a stupid way, didn't I?

4 days left, and I can switch my avatar.

4 more days...*rocks back and forth in a corner*

I've gotten used to that one now, as odd as it is. :)

Hi.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
That sounds really dangerous... Maybe you should stick to sitting showers? I always hear about people who pass our in the shower and fall in terrible ways. <--- I fear this.

... -_- Wut? Did he kill me off early or something? I died in a stupid way, didn't I?

Hmm... I never thought about sitting in a shower before. It might be something to try!

And no, I will tell you that you definitely have the upper hand in this situation :eek:

WHY AM I STILL AT WORK

*BANGS HEAD ON DESK*

You want munnies.

.la1n

You want munnies.

I also want sanity, lol. Also, if Dave is involved in my character bio then I know it's going to be great.

Hey, at least it's almost over for you. I'm barely at lunch here AND I have to redo ALL my edits of the last two weeks on top of slightly different files... 1 by 1 by 1... >_<

It was supposed to be over but we are all staying late today, and I have one more meeting to attend.

Hmm... I never thought about sitting in a shower before. It might be something to try!

And no, I will tell you that you definitely have the upper hand in this situation :eek:

You want munnies.

I knifed somebody unsuspecting, didn't I? :D :D :D Tell me I got the overlord and looted his corpse!

And, yeah, just get a mini-bench for your tub/shower like they have in J-land. That should be safer at least.

I also want sanity, lol. Also, if Dave is involved in my character bio then I know it's going to be great.

It was supposed to be over but we are all staying late today, and I have one more meeting to attend.

Don't you just LOVE end of day meetings? I'll probably truck out of here post-7 again too. Neogaf shall feel the burning ire of my tears!

.la1n

Don't you just LOVE end of day meetings? I'll probably truck out of here post-7 again too. Neogaf shall feel the burning ire of my tears!

I do not love them, not one bit. Also, we've had enough tears for a while I believe.

edit: Who came up with end of day meetings anyway? What a dumb idea, should be shot.

Davedough

HP... we're not actually at the story writing part of it yet... just character backgrounds.... I think you'll be pleased =).

Edit: Oh and la1n... when you read yours, you'll want to willingly give me a ticket to E3.

.la1n

HP... we're not actually at the story writing part of it yet... just character backgrounds.... I think you'll be pleased =).

Edit: Oh and la1n... when you read yours, you'll want to willingly give me a ticket to E3.

That good huh? I trust your creativity. You weave a good tale. Time for my meeting then I am out of this place. See you guys on the other side.

Trying to imagine just what you might have written is keeping me entertained today. I trust in you, Dave.
As long as I come out on top, I promise not to kill you. :)

Chuckie

So Dave, is everybody a hero? Or are some of us evil? Please tell me I am some sort of Witch-King of Angmar ;)

I've done enough good for GAF... time to lay it to ashes.

RawPower

Banned

Will I be pleased too?

*giddy with excitement*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom