• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Real-GAF: A GAF Community!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
AgentWhiskers, I had to disable the mp3 on the characters page temporarily. Getting it to populate across browsers is such a mess, I can't believe browsers have so much troubled just embedded a looping audio file these days. I think I know a solution that will work but I don't have the time to implement it right now.

.la1n

AgentWhiskers, I had to disable the mp3 on the characters page temporarily. Getting it to populate across browsers is such a mess, I can't believe browsers have so much troubled just embedded a looping audio file these days. I think I know a solution that will work but I don't have the time to implement it right now.

I know the solution, everyone should use browsers that do not suck ;)

Select Your Fighter

Made this just for you RP

dsWOD.gif

edit: wanted to make it more complex but realized it would take too much effort for a throwaway joke :p

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I know the solution, everyone should use browsers that do not suck ;)
Seriously :p

Okay, flash to the rescue (lol). Sound will autoload, play and loop in all browsers as long as you have flash. -_-

Just quoting for updatedness. Will be "installing the DLC" as soon as Whiskers' and doitlive's bios are ready.
Right-O.

RealPicGAF Role-Playing Game Character Bios

Adorable bite-sized mini version for smaller monitors here:
RealPicGAF Role-Playing Game Character Bios

Made this just for you RP

dsWOD.gif

edit: wanted to make it more complex but realized it would take too much effort for a throwaway joke :p
Awww yeah.

Davedough

Seriously :p

Okay, flash to the rescue (lol). Sound will autoload, play and loop in all browsers as long as you have flash. -_-

Just quoting for updatedness. Will be "installing the DLC" as soon as Whiskers' and doitlive's bios are ready.

Awww yeah.
Stop rushing me!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Stop rushing me!
I didn't mean it like that Dav'du! I can take a stab at them myself if I get another couple minutes free at work, but I've got a ton to get done :(

edit: My new domain still hasn't propagated yet. What a pain. I'm so ready to not need my old hosting anymore.

Awwww look at all those purty castles. One of the things that kinda makes me wish I was born in Europe sometimes.

That and...you know. Health care.

That OG fighting game selection screen is badass. If we have a fighting game, jasonng has to be our MK Reptile. He would want it that way.

Davedough

I dont really understand it. I go to bed the previous night at 2:30am. I go to bed last night at 10:30pm and I'm more tired today than I was yesterday. Maybe I have mono.

Davedough

I should have written in that EviLore's ultimate attack was Bishop's Hammer. A quick and ruthless spell that banishes its victims to the netherrealms for an unspecified amount of time.

Haha awesome, I was honestly expecting it to be Dave vs. H.P fighting over 10,000th post something from rig universe. :p

No fighting necessary. The outcome is clear. =)

scKZB.png

I....still don't get it.

I listen to alt rock, snob rock, industrial, electronica, movie/game scores, and post rock. I think that's it. Big fan of any rock which could be labeled baroque.

edit: I just got it.

I....still don't get it.

I listen to alt rock, snob rock, industrial, electronica, movie/game scores, and post rock. I think that's it. Big fan of any rock which could be labeled baroque.

Punk'd yo (EDIT: never mind >_>)

Hmm...alt rock eh? This should be possible then :p

Any specific examples of bands? And what punx have you heard before/why didn't you like it?

It's just too loud/fast/energetic for me. I like slower, softer stuff generally, with a few exceptions (NIN is one of my favorite bands).

If I set my iTunes library to "last played," looks like I'm currently into Cowboy Junkies, NIN, Explosions in the Sky, Florence + the Machine, Mazzy Star, Fun., the Stones, Raman Djawadi (Game of Thrones soundtrack), Hans Zimmer (Dark Knight/Inception), Gnarls Barkley, Regina Spektor, Modest Mouse, TV on the Radio...

edit:...the xx, Bonnie and the Beard, Tullycraft, Fleetwood Mac, Radiohead, Battles, Gotye, Etta James...whoop, time to stop. About to hit embarrassing territory.

Davedough

Tool
Nas
Chevelle
Soul Coughing
Fun Lovin Criminals
Alice in Chains
Craig motherfuckin Mack
Godsmack
Volbeat
Rehab
Sublime
Social Distortion
RHCP
...to name a few. For me at least

VariantX04

Loser slave of the system :(
I've dabbled in punk since I was a kid. Played in a few punk bands as well. Used to be into Rancid, Black Flag, Sex Pistols, early Green Day. Sometimes I like to dick around on guitar and play some light punk since it's relatively easy to play. Allow me to self-whore.

It's just too loud/fast/energetic for me. I like slower, softer stuff generally, with a few exceptions (NIN is one of my favorite bands).

If I set my iTunes library to "last played," looks like I'm currently into Cowboy Junkies, NIN, Explosions in the Sky, Florence + the Machine, Mazzy Star, Fun., the Stones, Raman Djawadi (Game of Thrones soundtrack), Hans Zimmer (Dark Knight/Inception), Gnarls Barkley, Regina Spektor, Modest Mouse, TV on the Radio...

edit:...the xx, Bonnie and the Beard, Tullycraft, Fleetwood Mac, Radiohead, Battles, Gotye, Etta James...whoop, time to stop. About to hit embarrassing territory.

How about some acoustic punx?

EDIT: Ooh, or Lemuria?

*sees Dave's list*

Hmm...gimme a minute. You should be easy, there's already some punx in there.

.la1n

if my day does not improve and I work later than expected I might postpone the cook off. I am seriously considering doing what my mom said and working with her at the hospital at this point.

Sorry just venting, when the stress outweighs the pay you really have to stop and think about how much a job is worth it.

How about some acoustic punx?

EDIT: Ooh, or Lemuria?

*sees Dave's list*

Hmm...gimme a minute. You should be easy, there's already some punx in there.

-ONSIND: Hey not bad! Liked the structure of this song and the lyrics. Dug this! I wouldn't mind having this in the library, in fact.
-spoonboy: meh...this doesn't seem to be representative of their catalog and it shows.
-kneedeep: I could definitely listen to this but it's nothing I would ever play by choice. A bit too...hyper...which is my problem with punk in general so not really for me. Wouldn't be bad for a long drive though.
-Lemuria: this qualifies as punk? Much more my tempo. Not enough to own or anything, the song wasn't quite...compelling enough? Is that the right word? Didn't really engage me. Enjoyed all the same.

I am a huge/fan of male + female vocal pairings, so ONSIND and Lemuria both get bonus points for that. ONSIND is definitely the big winner from that group, they are even going on The List. Listening to a couple of their other tracks right now.

I like the Dreadnoughts.... does that count?

dreadnoughts2.jpg

I...this is weird. Though they remind me of Smokey Bastard actually

Also sorry Dave but I've been distracted by the new Menzingers album. Will try and think of things later. Maybe. If I remember.

EDIT:
-ONSIND: Hey not bad! Liked the structure of this song and the lyrics. Dug this! I wouldn't mind having this in the library, in fact.
-spoonboy: meh...this doesn't seem to be representative of their catalog and it shows.
-kneedeep: I could definitely listen to this but it's nothing I would ever play by choice. A bit too...hyper...which is my problem with punk in general so not really for me. Wouldn't be bad for a long drive though.
-Lemuria: this qualifies as punk? Much more my tempo. Not enough to own or anything, the song wasn't quite...compelling enough? Is that the right word? Didn't really engage me. Enjoyed all the same.

I am a huge/fan of male + female vocal pairings, so ONSIND and Lemuria both get bonus points for that. ONSIND is definitely the big winner from that group, they are even going on The List. Listening to a couple of their other tracks right now.

On Spoonboy - How is it not representative? Unless it's just that it's slower than his other stuff, but even then it's not that much slower. Oh, unless you ended up on the electric versions? There were two versions of that album released, one acoustic one electric. His first album was acoustic too.

On Apologies - fair enough

On Lemuria - yeah, indie punx stuff. Fair enough on the non-compellingishness though.

On ONSIND - lol, both singers are doods. But wooo, success! :D

Buying dissatisfactions, damn good shit. Thanks RNH!

edit: scratch that...I was going to...but they aren't on iTunes, poop :(
edit: oh, acronym issue. Bought! :D

Buying dissatisfactions, damn good shit. Thanks RNH!

edit: scratch that...I was going to...but they aren't on iTunes, poop :(
edit: oh, acronym issue. Bought! :D

Yaaaaaaay!

Though if I'd noticed this post earlier I would've directed you to their Bandcamp which has all their stuff for pay what you want.

EDIT: ^^ But I like getting people into punx :C

Davedough

Yaaaaaaay!

Though if I'd noticed this post earlier I would've directed you to their Bandcamp which has all their stuff for pay what you want.

EDIT: ^^ But I like getting people into punx :C

I'm a sucker for a funky beat. If its got an infectious bass line that can make my head bob mixed with lyrics that compliment it, its an instant win.

if my day does not improve and I work later than expected I might postpone the cook off. I am seriously considering doing what my mom said and working with her at the hospital at this point.

Sorry just venting, when the stress outweighs the pay you really have to stop and think about how much a job is worth it.

:(

Maybe take solace in that one day you can end up being the boss and then passing the stress buck onto your underlings.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
That looks comfortable.

It's funny, you can easily tell what season it is by looking at my cat. In winter she's curled up into a tight ball. In summer she lays completely stretched out against the floor. It actually doesn't even matter how much hotter/cooler it is in the room, she does it anyway.

edit: Just saw your wife's post on Facebook, Tence. Really glad she likes it :D

Davedough

Sumo is so fat that he's almost always stretched out on his back with his legs straight up in the air.... I have a pic of it around here somewhere....

rrrma.jpg

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Sumo is so fat that he's almost always stretched out on his back with his legs straight up in the air.... I have a pic of it around here somewhere....

rrrma.jpg

Oh god that must be torment. You want to scratch his belly, but we've seen how THAT turns out.

Davedough

Oh god that must be torment. You want to scratch his belly, but we've seen how THAT turns out.

Haha... it doesn't stop me =) He and I have an understanding. He lets me torment and tickle him like that and in return I make sure he stays fat and happy.

Also: I've got the rough sketch bios completed in the google doc, but Hawkian is ignoring me. I am open to input on what to add/change/improve upon. I had a difficult time with the DLC characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom