• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Real-GAF: A GAF Community!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not all of gaf for sure, but most of RP gaf went to the meet up, and most people in tinychat have American accents ><

True, though America is as big as a continent as Europe...and as much as diverse.
And I love Aussies, that accent alone will gather the attention of everyone here. <3 I do have a couple Australians I met from the 'net, and all you have been friendly as hell.

leadbelly

Banned
It's still a better assumption that everyone on GAF is actually their avatar.

<-- has been guilty of thinking that

That's a strange thing too. You associate people with their avatar. You build an impression of that person based on it. It was strange seeing the real people behind the avatar.

And that was weird as well come to think about it. When everyone had real avatars it felt much more like you were speaking to a real person instead of just responding to an anonymous comment. It felt more personal.

That's a strange thing too. You associate people with their avatar. You build an impression of that person based on it. It was strange seeing the real people behind the avatar.

And that was weird as well come to think about it. When everyone had real avatars it felt much more like you were speaking to a real person instead of just responding to an anonymous comment. It felt more personal.

Yep. I don't regret switching to my real pic until I lost the avatar bet, but I also miss people thinking I was an Agumon too.

I think the biggest surprise on GAF was shanadeus being a girl. Saying that, it was never clear exactly what shanadeus was actually. lol

I heard that Shanadeus said that it would switch between her and her boyfriend sometimes. But it doesn't post here anymore after the account suicide.

Is it KCcity has the bitchin' new york accent? Every time he's in tinychat his accent makes me feel like its a movie.

I think the biggest surprise on GAF was shanadeus being a girl. Saying that, it was never clear exactly what shanadeus was actually. lol

Yeah, I was surprised too. Did she leave because she was discovered?

leadbelly

Banned
I heard that Shanadeus said that it would switch between her and her boyfriend sometimes. But it doesn't post here anymore after the account suicide.

Yeah. I think devo said something about that.

I'm not entirely sure what exactly happened as I wasn't there at the time. I read back a few pages in the Black Culture thread and Shanadeus was basically going on about how he/she was really sorry and that he/she would leave once everyone had accepted it. A mod just got fed up of it and banned Shan anyway.

I'm not entirely sure what exactly happened as I wasn't there at the time. I read back a few pages in the Black Culture thread and Shanadeus was basically going on about how he/she was really sorry and that he/she would leave once everyone had accepted it. A mod just got fed up of it and banned Shan anyway.

There was only room on gaf for one Shan.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
ooh, bad shan...though I assume that as well, I know the reality, that you people are from all over this Earth.

I am from no where on this Earth.

And that's why I think of you as a talking orange.

Haha, a thick aussie accent sounds terrible to me >.<

I worked with a guy in Japan who had a total bogan accent. He was the SWEETEST guy though. Built like a muscular triangle, but very sensitive.

Everyone in OT basically hated her/him because of the odd and annoying threads he/she would make, along with some weird and sometimes offensive statements he'd/she'd make. Finally Shanedeus decided to leave but before that she/he wanted to apologize to the people she/he had offended and make a whole display out off her/his exit from gaf, but Bish wasn't having none of that.

Also I'd need to know the details of this RP TinyChat .However, right now i should really be going to bed.

leadbelly

Banned
Everyone in OT basically hated her/him because of the odd and annoying threads he/she would make, along with some weird and sometimes offensive statements he'd/she'd make. Finally Shanedeus decided to leave but before that she/he wanted to apologize to the people she/he had offended and make a whole display out off her/his exit from gaf, but Bish wasn't having none of that.

Also I'd need to know the details of this RP TinyChat .However, right now i should really be going to bed.

Do you have any examples of these offensive threads he/she made?

I thought shan was alright to be honest, but I am not aware of the full story.

Chuckie

Well some good news. Playstation has altered the mail account from my brothers unused PSN account... so in ten workdays (fuck!) he can access his PSN again, agree to the TOS and by that making my shitty subaccount active again.

When is that fucking PS4 coming out so I can leave this misery behind me?
Because I am expecting that if one does one can either:
A: Import a subaccount and finally make it a normal one or
B: You can't and I just make a new account.

Puddles

Banned
I liked the threads it would make regarding transhumanism.

But I believe we need a future with infinite life extension and no more biological reproduction, so YMMV.

Do you have any examples of these offensive threads he/she made?

I thought shan was alright to be honest, but I am not aware of the full story.

The threads werent really offensive, just weird , like one about transhumanism (which was made during the whole white culture/black culture/hispanic culture/"People with skin " shit storm), a thread about if you'd change your race/gender (these were two separate threads) if there was a machine that could do that for you, etc etc. The main annoyance was that Shanadeus would make these threads all the time(until her thread making abilities were taken away, i think). The offensive thing was I think she went on in the black culture thread about how she/he wanted to experience what it would be like to be black, involving going undercover in blackface or something , i dont remember too clearly.

Ashes

Banned
Well some good news. Playstation has altered the mail account from my brothers unused PSN account... so in ten workdays (fuck!) he can access his PSN again, agree to the TOS and by that making my shitty subaccount active again.

When is that fucking PS4 coming out so I can leave this misery behind me?
Because I am expecting that if one does one can either:
A: Import a subaccount and finally make it a normal one or
B: You can't and I just make a new account.

I don't know what's what, but my brother has his account on mine as a sub account, but on his ps3 I'm sure that his account is the master account. Having said that, his ps3 got waterlogged the other day, so I can't really check.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
hoooooo boy.

I can't get the domain I wanted it seems.

any suggestions for creative awesome domain names that might not be taken?

leadbelly

Banned
The threads werent really offensive, just weird , like one about transhumanism (which was made during the whole white culture/black culture/hispanic culture/"People with skin " shit storm), a thread about if you'd change your race/gender (these were two separate threads) if there was a machine that could do that for you, etc etc. The main annoyance was that Shanadeus would make these threads all the time(until her thread making abilities were taken away, i think). The offensive thing was I think she went on in the black culture thread about how she/he wanted to experience what it would be like to be black, involving going undercover in blackface or something , i dont remember too clearly.

So that is what it was about.

Chuckie

I don't know what's what, but my brother has his account on mine as a sub account, but on his ps3 I'm sure that his account is the master account. Having said that, his ps3 got waterlogged the other day, so I can't really check.

Those appear to be different accounts then. I don't think you can even make subaccounts anymore... because of their shittyness.

You can have a PS3 with only a subaccount on it. The difference between the two is that one cannot use a creditcard and appearantly needs the masteraccount to approve TOS.

This would be all ok, if you could at a point change a sub into a master.... but you can't...ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom