• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Real-GAF: A GAF Community!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Yeah but how often do people mean you're mean?

Look at the avatars we're all wearing. Obviously you are a human of superior caliber.

Speaking of which, I gotta get some transparency rocking on mine..

Zomba13

I've spent the afternoon/evening watching Sherlock. It's pretty good. Dunno why I never bothered until now.

Also been playing Sonic CD. Really not a fan of it. Tails is a good addition though as it makes finding the damn robot machines/holograms a hell of a lot easier. Really don't like the complicated level design.

Was planning on playing a bunch of Tribes today but the server was down for maintenance :(

I've spent the afternoon/evening watching Sherlock. It's pretty good. Dunno why I never bothered until now.

Sometimes, it's hard to get into watching TV. I'm forcing myself through it by turning it on while exercising, so I've been able to do some catching up (mostly cartoons -- I checked out a couple seasons of "The Batman" and have been watching more "Venture Bros", though I try to get to "The Walking Dead" whenever I can).

Also been playing Sonic CD. Really not a fan of it. Tails is a good addition though as it makes finding the damn robot machines/holograms a hell of a lot easier. Really don't like the complicated level design.

Was planning on playing a bunch of Tribes today but the server was down for maintenance :(

I installed this "Steam" thing everybody's been talking about on my home machine over ssh from work. I have class tonight, but hopefully afterward I'll take a closer look at it.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
If you're sour, I have these tablets that can fix that. Got 'em for my house party, they should go over pretty well. :)

Well that IS interesting. I almost want to experience sweet lemons. I'm not big into sour foods myself.

Going to play more Skyrim today~ I finished my warrior character (it was short, I was only planning on doing The Companions storyline with her.) The Companions storyline was the most boring, to be honest. I loved the mage college storyline (and I haven't finished the thief guild and Dark Brotherhood with my thief character yet.) None of the dungeons or characters were all that interesting. With the mage college I really felt like I bonded with those people! By the end you really felt you'd done something important. The antagonists were interesting and felt like it was part of the greater story. Companions antagonists don't even really say anything. I hope the other two storylines are better...

Those are amazing!

You can bite into lemons and limes raw and they taste like candy. Tonic water tastes like Sprite.

Lemonade with no sugar is like the nectar of the gods.

I bought ten extra-large ones that hopefully can each be split in half for twenty total uses.

I first had it at a con party last year. Somebody was giving out a drink that was apparently epic in its terrible taste, but it was quite pleasant to my altered taste buds.

I wish they weren't so expensive, though. :|

Davedough

Well that IS interesting. I almost want to experience sweet lemons. I'm not big into sour foods myself.

Going to play more Skyrim today~ I finished my warrior character (it was short, I was only planning on doing The Companions storyline with her.) The Companions storyline was the most boring, to be honest. I loved the mage college storyline (and I haven't finished the thief guild and Dark Brotherhood with my thief character yet.) None of the dungeons or characters were all that interesting. With the mage college I really felt like I bonded with those people! By the end you really felt you'd done something important. The antagonists were interesting and felt like it was part of the greater story. Companions antagonists don't even really say anything. I hope the other two storylines are better...

My Companions quest was sullied by the fact that I had a damn near game ending bug that required some fancy hacking to get everything back to working again.

I agree though, I much preferred the Mage's college over everything. I despised the Theives Guild questline... soooo boring.

For what it's worth, they call this sort of thing "flavour tripping" (or maybe "flavor tripping" to you Yanks), and people often make parties centered around them. You can probably do a search of events in your local area to find something upcoming like that.

(or you could just order a ten pack from Amazon and drag your friends over with the instructions "bring something really sour")

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I agree though, I much preferred the Mage's college over everything. I despised the Theives Guild questline... soooo boring.
Ah I've liked it a lot so far. I've abandoned it for the moment to hang onto the
skeleton key
for a while.

For what it's worth, they call this sort of thing "flavour tripping" (or maybe "flavor tripping" to you Yanks), and people often make parties centered around them. You can probably do a search of events in your local area to find something upcoming like that.

(or you could just order a ten pack from Amazon and drag your friends over with the instructions "bring something really sour")
Get a nice Kreik beer, it'll taste like cherry soda.

Davedough

About those tablets... I'm curious...

What does something that's completely opposite, like a potato chip taste like? How is salty perceived on the pallet?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
No change. Bitter and salty (and spciy) foods remain the same. The protein binds only to the acids that make stuff sour.

Lissar

Reluctant Member

Wow, I've never even heard of that sort of thing before :eek:

Actually I used to choose warrior every time I played a game. I just perceived it as easier I guess. But then I realized that a mage fitted my personality better and I've been playing mages ever since (I'm only making these extra characters so I can play through the other storylines because I didn't want my mage character to do them :eek: She's too busy doing research to want to steal things.)

Davedough

Wow, I've never even heard of that sort of thing before :eek:

Actually I used to choose warrior every time I played a game. I just perceived it as easier I guess. But then I realized that a mage fitted my personality better and I've been playing mages ever since (I'm only making these extra characters so I can play through the other storylines because I didn't want my mage character to do them :eek: She's too busy doing research to want to steal things.)

Because you had a stroke of brilliance and realized this is the only true way to experience a fantasy game.

I mean, lets examine that... fantasy is just that, its fantastic, it's outside the realm of possibility. I can swing a sword and hide behind a shield. With enough practice, I can even develop some cool little moves to give myself the upper hand in a conflict. I could even practice being stealth and shadowy and perfect the sleight of hand and put poison on the top of pointy things and poke people with them..... all of that is stuff that can actually happen. What I can't do is magic. No matter how hard I try, I cant do magic....therefore, it gets my fantasy vote.

Those tabs are probably just miracle fruit (or derived from it). Although, multiple things go by the name "miracle fruit", including an herb that has the opposite effect and makes things seem less sweet.

I find it silly that people have parties based on this simple novelty. Can we have a paper dragon party?

A HERB! A! NOT AN! >:C

Also holy shit Vinny and Dave Thursday Night Throwdown! Holy shit Tribes Ascend looks awesome!

No change. Bitter and salty (and spciy) foods remain the same. The protein binds only to the acids that make stuff sour.

From "http://www.howstuffworks.com/flavor-tripping.htm": "Cheese tastes like frosting"

...why did noone tell me about this particular aspect of it! Sadly, I will likely be giving up my chance of having it this time around on account of wanting to share the experience. But some day, I will have bagels and "frosting".

Those tabs are probably just miracle fruit (or derived from it). Although, multiple things go by the name "miracle fruit", including an herb that has the opposite effect and makes things seem less sweet.

Yes, that's why I linked to the wikipedia entry on miraculin in my introductory post on this subject. ;P

I find it silly that people have parties based on this simple novelty. Can we have a paper dragon party?

I have one of those in my car.

In the case of miraculin, the stuff is a little expensive, so you sort of have to pool your money together if you want a bunch of them to work with. But my parties tend to be based around a bunch of gimmicks at once. This time around, I'm improving the ball pit, I got a bunch of those head-scratchy things that look like egg whisks, and I'm (partly out of laziness) prompting everybody to create dishes (or bring stuff) that they've never taken to a party.

No giant slip'n'slide this time. Too cold. Maybe the fire pit -- I have a lot of wood just sitting there.

It sounds funny to say a herb unless, you know, you're one of those people that pronounces the H. >:|

http://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/591/1/
«Use "an" before unsounded "h." Because the "h" hasn't any phonetic representation and has no audible sound, the sound that follows the article is a vowel; consequently, "an" is used.»

It's an phonetic distinction, not an spelling distinction.

Incidentally, this is a big problem in Sumerian, too: There are a whopping load of articles and other words where you lop off the last consonant ... sometimes ... depending on what's following it. What are the rules? I don't know!

It sounds funny to say a herb unless, you know, you're one of those people that pronounces the H. >:|

YOU MEAN NORMAL PEOPLE?

I generally don't care about American pronunciation, but you're not good with seasonings. It's herb with an h and basil to rhyme with has ill. GAWD.

EDIT: DON'T USE ONTOLOGIES AGAINST ME!

*is currently doing a module in which we use OWL and shit*

Lissar

Reluctant Member
http://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/591/1/
«Use "an" before unsounded "h." Because the "h" hasn't any phonetic representation and has no audible sound, the sound that follows the article is a vowel; consequently, "an" is used.»

It's an phonetic distinction, not an spelling distinction.

I thought that's what I was saying...

YOU MEAN NORMAL PEOPLE?

I generally don't care about American pronunciation, but you're not good with seasonings. It's herb with an h and basil to rhyme with has ill. GAWD.

I have no idea what you're on about.

Karkador

Banned
LxWqL.jpg

Lissar

Reluctant Member
*shake fist*

I forgot about Skyrim freezing at times. Except this is the first time it froze while I was in the middle of doing absolutely nothing.

Davedough

*shake fist*

I forgot about Skyrim freezing at times. Except this is the first time it froze while I was in the middle of doing absolutely nothing.

I had a fight with an Elder dragon... had him down to about 3/4 health. He glitched in front of me, shot into the air at break neck speeds and disappeared. I waited... nothing... I went back to Riften, he was in the center of town and started attacking again.

I had a fight with an Elder dragon... had him down to about 3/4 health. He glitched in front of me, shot into the air at break neck speeds and disappeared. I waited... nothing... I went back to Riften, he was in the center of town and started attacking again.

He probably just had an urgent phone call.

Davedough

ZOMG!!!1!!one!!!!!

I just got a text message that says I won... yes me... won... as in from a contest.... a $1000 Walmart gift card..... $1000.... AT WALMART.... you know how much I can buy with that? I mean, I dont even remember entering anything, but its must be legit because they texted me... I knew today was a good day!

I'm goin to Walmart!

Sadetar

I forgot. Sowwy.
I am sure you didn't forgot. You were just thinking about sneaky ways of growing your post count in this particular thread. ;)

Come join me in TC guys :)
I have tried this too numerous of times. I think I have succeeded once... I am sure you are way more popular and get the room full of adorable people. I don't. *sob sob* :(

And yes, I am sure time zones have nothing to do with this.

Feel better, barbarians and mages alike!
Thank you. I already feel significantly better. Actually rather smashing. Good day all in all. Good food, cosmetician time, pay day.... ^___^

Either way, they were glorious and if you look at the bits of dyed red hair near the shoulders, it's pretty close to the style, length and texture of her hair. And yes, I put a lot of study into the photo.

Oh, and found a mirror and PM'd a NSFW link to you Hawk =P
I still find it rather amusing how people have been reacting to said boobs.

One of the reason why I actually prefer men. They are so adorable easy to delight.

:D

And yes you do. Join us in our transparency superiority!
I am a transparency noobie and fail to do it.

...*hopeful puppy face*

*tastes*

Hmm... maybe.
...Can I taste you too so I could give my academic opinion about this topic?

ZOMG!!!1!!one!!!!!

I just got a text message that says I won... yes me... won... as in from a contest.... a $1000 Walmart gift card..... $1000.... AT WALMART.... you know how much I can buy with that? I mean, I dont even remember entering anything, but its must be legit because they texted me... I knew today was a good day!

I'm goin to Walmart!
Walmarts are like the best places ever. When I was in US I seriously enjoyed my Walmart visit most likely more than I should have. But seriously, Walmarts are like the incarnations of American beliefs and consume habits... And the people in there... Oh my gods. Best ever.

Karkador

Banned
ZOMG!!!1!!one!!!!!

I'm goin to Walmart!

WALLEHWALLEHWALLEHWALLEHWALLEHWALLEHWURL

I think you should make a video for us about your $1000 Wal-Mart shopping spree.

Davedough

Sadetar... your posts are always so delightful to read. If I weren't a married man, I'd surely stalk you.

I'm kidding.

maybe

Lissar

Reluctant Member
ZOMG!!!1!!one!!!!!

I'm goin to Walmart!

I'd be like

$1000!? :D

... at Walmart :<

Nah, there are things I could buy at Walmart I suppose. Not clothing of course, but things.

I am a transparency noobie and fail to do it.

...*hopeful puppy face*

...Can I taste you too so I could give my academic opinion about this topic?

Clear did mine. I'm sure someone would be happy to if you asked.

And yes, you may *holds out hand*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom