• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Real-GAF: A GAF Community!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sadetar

I must be 2/3rds finnish!
Hahaha. If those would be the only criteria, I wouldn't be at all.

But I think I need to go and wash the dishes. I have been waiting if they would be kind enough to clean on their own, but that seems not to be the case. Also I think my bed kinda misses me, it is already over 2 am.

It's weird, I always think of myself as a quiet person, but when I actually think about how I act around friends it's just like...yeah, no. I can be fucking loud

I am quiet when I don't really know the people I'm with though. I dunno. It's odd. I'm an almost entirely different person around people I know.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
It's weird, I always think of myself as a quiet person, but when I actually think about how I act around friends it's just like...yeah, no. I can be fucking loud

I am quiet when I don't really know the people I'm with though. I dunno. It's odd. I'm an almost entirely different person around people I know.

I'm actually very talkative with a small group of close friends. If it's a large group or people I don't know very well, I shut up.

Sadetar

I'm actually very talkative with a small group of close friends. If it's a large group or people I don't know very well, I shut up.
I think that people wish I would do the same, but I generally fail at it.

I am rather talkative in general and it doesn't really even matter, do I know the people I am talking to or not. Perhaps it is just good I am working in a place where I generally get paid for talking. ^____^

RawPower

Banned
So much to respond to, so little time.

My attitude and talkativeness depends on who I'm talking to, at the time. If I'm surrounded by other punks or close friends, I can be rather loud and even obnoxious and perverted (as you sometimes see on my Facebook). But when I'm surrounded by people I don't know or feel uncomfortable around, I am very reserved.

II am quiet when I don't really know the people I'm with though. I dunno. It's odd. I'm an almost entirely different person around people I know.

I'm the same way. It's just easier with people you know, because you know how to speak in a way that won't make them bored or angry or sad.

I would say that this means too many people trying to do their own thing on something will make it end up a complete mess.

Yeah, the context of the phrase is a little different.

How about "Two's company. Three's a crowd."?

I like that Finnish phrase. Are you guys a country of introverts? :D I am myself and much prefer smaller, more intimate groups for conversation.

I trust that this of course does not apply to Internet-based conversations, Your Highness. Your subjects are many.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
I think that people wish I would do the same, but I generally fail at it.

I am rather talkative in general and it doesn't really even matter, do I know the people I am talking to or not. Perhaps it is just good I am working in a place where I generally get paid for talking. ^____^

I love talkative people, it means I don't have to say as much :3

I trust that this of course does not apply to Internet-based conversations, Your Highness.

Ah shit.

Nah, actually internet conversations are great for me because I love people but being introverted means that it is very draining to spend a lot of time in face to face conversation. This doesn't happen online (nearly as much anyway.)

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Hurrah! Beef fried rice, cheesecake, and Machete for birthday celebrations for tonight! Going to play some Zelda ALttP a bit later too.

Lissar our queen! O:

*kneels*

Nah, actually internet conversations are great for me because I love people but being introverted means that it is very draining to spend a lot of time in face to face conversation. This doesn't happen online (nearly as much anyway.)

Hah, I'm still like that online. I'm slow to enter into a thread, and if somebody says something even slightly combative when I do, I'm out, often for good. I can't handle people when they're not actively trying to cooperative conversationally.

I tip my wineglass to you.

1SMLT.png

Beef fried rice

That used to be my AIM screenname.

By the way, my party this weekend has a sort of "make something you've never made before" theme. I suddenly realized that I've never baked bread, and it's high time I started trying it.

I looked up some recipes which seem promising and require ingredients that I pretty much already have, save for the yeast. I'm set, but I was wondering if anybody out there has some good recipes in their little brown books for bread, recipes that don't need a machine or too much in the way of weird ingredients but would wow a crowd.

Bonus points if you have something in mind that's vegan but tasty. There are one or two vegans in the group. While I don't have to cater to them, I'll do something if it doesn't require any sacrifice with respect to the other partygoers.

edit: I lack shortening, btw. I guess I could buy some, though. It sounds like it wouldn't take up too much space.

Maddness

Hellooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

My name is Poptart! I'm a wizard who knows everything! Ask me anything.

also I killed a burglar.

leadbelly

Banned
So I came to a revelation... while Sade has a nip-slip going on in her portrait, Dave apparently has NO NIPPLES?? How is such a thing possible? We've all seen those giant hairy pepperoni slices.

Ahh those were the days lemme tell ya.

lol

Every time I see that gif I can't help laughing at shocking. He is perfectly still in that gif. Not the slightest bit of movement. Not even a smile.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
I'm sorry you guys :< The deadline was at the end of last month and I have many many arty things I need to accomplish this month so I can't take on anymore requests! :<

Woah! Kitty pics!

Why is she poor kitty Lissar?

I'm the same. >.<

I do like talking to people I don't know though, as long as I can do most of the listening without appearing weird. Responses just don't come into my brain!

Chuckie

I feel invisible. Even my kneeling doesn't grant me attention from the queen.

And muy sickness from the other members of the court

Lissar

Reluctant Member
I feel invisible. Even my kneeling doesn't grant me attention from the queen.

Kark said he won't grovel anymore, so I figured what's the point?

I only recently received this title, give me a break I'm not used to it yet ;.;

Chuckie

Kark said he won't grovel anymore, so I figured what's the point?

I only recently received this title, give me a break I'm not used to it yet ;.;

I have no idea who (or what) Kark is.

I'll still grovel. How trustworthy a kneeling Black Mage is, is for you to decide.

Edit: As Queen you ofcourse don't ask people to give you a break... you TAKE the breaks! XD

Well according to Echo they originally wanted two, so now they get two :O But what to do with the extra kitties :< I'm sorry Echo, I'm all full up on kitties at the moment. *she says as her cat flops down on the computer*

No worries, we'll be fine. :) If there are four, all but one already have homes, and we JUST started telling people a few hours ago.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
I have no idea who (or what) Kark is.

I'll still grovel. How trustworthy a kneeling Black Mage is, is for you to decide.

Edit: As Queen you ofcourse don't ask people to give you a break... you TAKE the breaks! XD

Soon you will learn the joy of abusing your vast reserves of power.

But I don't want to abuse power D: I just want to be friendly to everyone.

No worries, we'll be fine. :) If there are four, all but one already have homes, and we JUST started telling people a few hours ago.

I'm glad the kitties will be getting homes :D It's so sad to see homeless kitties :<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom