• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Real-GAF: A GAF Community!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Off to uni now

I will leave you with two of my favourite emo bands, Texas Is The Reason and Mineral

EDIT: I'm not sure whether to be happy or sad that the second song appears to have been invaded by MCR fans. On the plus side, more people into a fucking amazing band. On the down side...MCR fans.

leadbelly

Banned
Off to uni now

I will leave you with two of my favourite emo bands, Texas Is The Reason and Mineral

EDIT: I'm not sure whether to be happy or sad that the second song appears to have been invaded by MCR fans. On the plus side, more people into a fucking amazing band. On the down side...MCR fans.

Okay I suppose. I find it hard to get interested with a lot of modern bands these days. Everything just sounds like something I have heard a million times before. I kind of get that with those bands. I just feel like I have heard those songs before.

*at uni now, avoiding doing work because my project partner who is way ahead of me is occupying the lab*

ooh, liking the music, especially the first one. Are they localish?

Nah, TitR are from New York and Mineral are from...funnily enough, Texas.

I would definitely recommend getting both bands' music, I think there's only like 3 albums and a couple of EPs between them though, unfortunately.

Okay I suppose. I find it hard to get interested with a lot of modern bands these days. Everything just sounds like something I have heard a million times before. I kind of get that with those bands. I just feel like I have heard those songs before.

Does mid-90s really count as modern? >_>

Speaking of which, I still think of the 90s as being <10 years ago, and get weirded out when I realise they're not

Chuckie

Speaking of which, I still think of the 90s as being <10 years ago, and get weirded out when I realise they're not

Yeah I have this all the time. I remember talking bout a Garbage concert.... thinking it was a couple of years back.... while in fact it was almost 14 years ago I went there :/

Edit: And now I find out that I went to Metallica...... 20 years ago :(

Yeah I have this all the time. I remember talking bout a Garbage concert.... thinking it was a couple of years back.... while in fact it was almost 14 years ago I went there :/

Edit: And now I find out that I went to Metallica...... 20 years ago :(

I wasn't even 1 20 years ago

...sorry >_>

leadbelly

Banned
You know what is a freakin' awesome song? Kimbra - Good Intent. Feels vintage and fresh at the same time.

Actually... I know someone you might like shan, if you don't know her already that is.

Erykah Badu.

This is a really good album of hers. Just like the singer you linked, she manages to sound vintage and fresh at the same time
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baduizm

Some of her songs on that album.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7mwZULsVcQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKa-lUp6Fak

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxITI3A2KWA

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Man holy crap. I slept from like 20 minutes after getting home from work last night til now. hope i'm done for a bit

Done sleeping? Yeah, if you're still groggy it might be a sign off too much sleep :p

I fell asleep on the bus home today. That was fun. Everytime we went over a bump my head would lose balance on the window and slip forwards, cracking my neck =/

I think we should make a thread pact to sleep better.

Actually... I know someone you might like shan, if you don't know her already that is.

Erykah Badu.

This is a really good album of hers. Just like the singer you linked, she manages to sound vintage and fresh at the same time
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baduizm

Some of her songs on that album.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7mwZULsVcQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKa-lUp6Fak

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxITI3A2KWA

Wow, this is really coooool. Like, I feel like I should be chilling, wearing something sexy, clickin' my fingers and drinking cocktails when I listen to this. Haha.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Done sleeping? Yeah, if you're still groggy it might be a sign off too much sleep :p

I fell asleep on the bus home today. That was fun. Everytime we went over a bump my head would lose balance on the window and slip forwards, cracking my neck =/

I think we should make a thread pact to sleep better.
Yeah, definitely. Luckily I'm working from home today so I can attempt to get back on track in relative peace. Hope your neck is okay.
Wow, this is really coooool. Like, I feel like I should be chilling, wearing something sexy, clickin' my fingers and drinking cocktails when I listen to this. Haha.
You should.

leadbelly

Banned
lWow, this is really coooool. Like, I feel like I should be chilling, wearing something sexy, clickin' my fingers and drinking cocktails when I listen to this. Haha.

lol

That's exactly what you should be doing! If more people did finger clicking and cocktail drinking the world would be a better place! :D

That's actually a very fitting image for it. Perhaps in like a seedy little bar on the Mississippi delta. Sitting in a smoke filled room.

Nuttin much to be honest.

Oh except that I seem to be not so sick anymore!

Yay, the end of Real-Sic GAF approaches!

:D

Oh, of course. That song is incredible.

Oh, wow, we've been talking about the same bands and music stylings for pretty much ten hours straight? Led-Zep GAF lives on!

Hmmm. I gotta find a local HVAC company. All the duct work at big chain stores (like Home Depot) have round ducts, but I need a rectangular profile to get the steam from my above-oven microwave vent out of the house. Also gotta figure out how much cement costs per cubic yard for when I replace my driveway in the late Spring or early Summer. And I need to clean for the party. The closer I get to a party I'm hosting, the more I actually notice how horrible the place looks. :|

edit: Oooooh, Attempted coup!

Morning guys. zzzzzzzz

Just wanted to say to Echo: Yeah Tom Bombadil is a bit of a cunt.

IAWTP

Not gonna wade too deep into this music thing, though I'm never worried about things turning ugly in here. I will say that I LOVE Queen, I'm indifferent to Led Zeppelin...but I completely agree with RNH on Pink Floyd. Sorry guys.

I can't give him too much shit one way or the other b/c he did turn me on to a very decent band just a few days ago...

Chuckie

What exactly is modern music then?

justin-bieber-selena-gomez-wall-4.jpg

Davedough

lol

What exactly is modern music then?

Besides, old music simply cannot be touched these days.

Oh, I kid... I'm just not a fan of the music that is out these days. That's my ultimate sign that I'm old. I actually still harken back to music of the mid-late 90s and early oughts. On my iPod, there's very few songs from current times.

Edit: Beiber's got that "Yeah, I hit that" look in his eyes.

leadbelly

Banned
Oh, I kid... I'm just not a fan of the music that is out these days. That's my ultimate sign that I'm old. I actually still harken back to music of the mid-late 90s and early oughts. On my iPod, there's very few songs from current times.

Edit: Beiber's got that "Yeah, I hit that" look in his eyes.

Yeah. I prefer music from the 90s and early oughts. Actually I prefer music from the 60s and 70s to be perfectly honest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2--ersHZzto

Albums from the last couple years I have really enjoyed (not including scores/soundtracks, with 2 exceptions):
TV on the Radio - Nine Types of Light
Neon Indian - Era Extrana
Gotye - Making Mirrors
Florence + the Machine - Ceremonials
The Decemberists - The King is Dead
Bonnie and the Beard - Bonnie and the Beard
Battles - Gloss Drop
Trent Reznor - The Social Network
Chemical Brothers - HANNA
One Night Stand in North Dakota - Dissatisfactions (thanks RNH!)
The National - High Violet
Natalie Merchant - Leave Your Sleep
Mumford & Sons - Sigh No More
Gorillaz - Plastic Beach
The Eels - Tomorrow Morning & End Times
Cloud Cult - Light Chasers
The Black Keys - Brothers

Albums from the last couple years that underwhelmed me
Fun. - Some Nights
Tori Amos - Night of Hunters
Adele - 21
How to Destroy Angels - How to Destroy Angels
Bruno Mars - Doo-Wops & Hooligans

Lots of good music this decade so far, imho.
Sorry for the list :( Couldn't help myself.

Davedough

Albums from the last couple years I have really enjoyed (not including scores/soundtracks, with 2 exceptions):
TV on the Radio - Nine Types of Light
Neon Indian - Era Extrana
Gotye - Making Mirrors
Florence + the Machine - Ceremonials
The Decemberists - The King is Dead
Bonnie and the Beard - Bonnie and the Beard
Battles - Gloss Drop
Trent Reznor - The Social Network
Chemical Brothers - HANNA
One Night Stand in North Dakota - Dissatisfactions (thanks RNH!)
The National - High Violet
Natalie Merchant - Leave Your Sleep
Mumford & Sons - Sigh No More
Gorillaz - Plastic Beach
The Eels - Tomorrow Morning & End Times
Cloud Cult - Light Chasers
The Black Keys - Brothers

Albums from the last couple years that underwhelmed me
Fun. - Some Nights
Tori Amos - Night of Hunters
Adele - 21
How to Destroy Angels - How to Destroy Angels
Bruno Mars - Doo-Wops & Hooligans

Lots of good music this decade so far, imho.
Sorry for the list :( Couldn't help myself.

I've actually heard of maybe 6 in that list. I've actually listened to maybe 2.

This thread only shows me that my musical tastes are different from everyone, everywhere.

edit: Oh, wait, there's one Led Zeppelin song on my playlist, actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom