• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Real-GAF: A GAF Community!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pau

Still playing Demon's Souls. I can't stand that knight with the javelin on the bridge that can kill you with ONE FUCKING HIT.

What have gotten myself into?
Is this the Red Eye Knight? What starting class did you choose? There are actually some pretty easy - if cheep - ways to kill him.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
naba.png
Dude, spot on :O

How do you do it?

I like to think the caption for this image is... "moments before writhing on the ground covered in electricity."

edit: Damn, I forgot to add in a line about her. I wanted the butterfly pair of wings to pop off while she was getting shocked and just fly off on their own. I think I'll edit that in surreptitiously...
Is this the Red Eye Knight? What starting class did you choose? There are actually some pretty easy - if cheep - ways to kill him.
He's a knight. I don't think you need to kill any Red Eyes Knights yet where he is in the game, though it's been a while...

Davedough

I've been vacant from GAF this weekend while I pretend I have better things to do. One again, great stuff Hawk. Let me know if you want help with the writing. I'm always willing to offer my creative flair.

Chuckie

Joy to the world. Today I found my Legend of Zelda Collectors Edition at my parents place.
That means that after years and years I can try Majora's Mask again.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Your descriptions inspire me man.
Well you inspire me right back!
Davedough said:
I've been vacant from GAF this weekend while I pretend I have better things to do. One again, great stuff Hawk. Let me know if you want help with the writing. I'm always willing to offer my creative flair.
But of course! If you feel like going for a chapter and want to ask about any mysterious story elements feel free to hit me up. I think we are taking a little break here though, while Lissar frees herself from Limbo.
Joy to the world. Today I found my Legend of Zelda Collectors Edition at my parents place.
That means that after years and years I can try Majora's Mask again.
what is? what is?

Sadetar

what is? what is?
I actually own the Legend of Zelda, Majora's Mask box with t-shirt, wrist watch, poster, cd and all of that absolutely magnificent stuff.

Be jealous. Be very jealous. According to the certificate of authenticity there is only limited 1000 pieces of that particular box. I quite naturally got it for free, cause of sympathy points and panda looks.

Also people, be adorable and come to tinychat.

Chuckie

what is? what is?

It sounds a lot more awesome than it actually is. A couple of years ago you could buy (or get) a Gamecube disk which had Legend of Zelda, Links Adventure, Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask on it. It was some promotional disk... I bought it on a Dutch Ebay kind of site for 15 euro or so.

It sounds a lot more awesome than it actually is. A couple of years ago you could buy (or get) a Gamecube disk which had Legend of Zelda, Links Adventure, Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask on it. It was some promotional disk... I bought it on a Dutch Ebay kind of site for 15 euro or so.

If you have a Wii, I urge you to get the VC version of Majora's Mask instead of the Gamecube version.

And maybe it's because Evilore had the same expression in his drawing, but Tence's Nabany looks like Evilore in drag. :x

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
If you have a Wii, I urge you to get the VC version of Majora's Mask instead of the Gamecube version.
why's it better? i haven't played MM in forever.

And maybe it's because Evilore had the same expression in his drawing, but Tence's Nabany looks like Evilore in drag. :x
SS8Cw.jpg

lol

Also I like you guys calling her Nabany, it's like a pet name
KuGsj.gif

I'm running around doing some errands and seeing my mom, but after i'll come get tipsy in TC for a while before I get knee deep into coding.

why's it better? i haven't played MM in forever.

The Gamecube version has slowdown, audio issues, and can sometimes freeze (freezes are rare, but also a common enough problem that many people have reported them; my freeze happened during the ending sequence :/ ).

It's still perfectly fine to play if you don't own the N64 or VC versions (since those problems aren't in your face 100% of the time of the GC version, and aren't present AFAIK in the VC version), but I couldn't recommend the GC version of the game with a straight face.

Excellent. My party just ended, and everybody seemed to be in high spirits. It was a pretty decently varied crowd. One dude was jamming on my guitar playing a lot of classic stuff, like The Doors and Beethoven. Another fellow was showing off the XBLA game he's been working hard on for the past several months (it's called "gingerbread holiday" -- it's very physics based, involving decorating gingerbread houses, fun and very enjoyable for content creation types, though the controls feel a bit off putting). One of my regulars was mixing an Old Fashioned while telling people the history of the cocktail, and I was passing out the miracle fruit for folks who wanted to suck on lemons for a while. There were even a couple people who came in after hearing about the party via couchsurfing.org.

I was hoping that more people would cook stuff, as people were doing that last year, and the theme of the party involved making novel things, but it was still an overall success. Next time around, I will likely try that outdoors themed tent sort of thing, as I have a couple people from this party who seem likely to participate.

Also, pretty good overal drink haul. Two full bottles of vodka, a lot of wine, a little bit of whiskey, some coffee liqueur, and so on. Crazy amounts of soft drinks, too. The hard drinks will come in useful at the Sci-Fi convention next weekend.

Hm. I have a midterm tomorrow, but it's one of those dealies where I don't think that studying will particularly help. Getting a lot of sleep will be pretty important there.

zendavis

Banned
Anyone wanna' meet and either hold semi-regular LAN parties or pick games that we'll beat together on the consoles (don't have to be multiplayer). Get in touch if you want to work something out! Currently we're running through Just Cause 2. We're either looking to start a multiplayer troupe to run through Tales of the Abyss (PS2), Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World (Wii), or Dungeon Defenders (PC). Or is there something else you'd like to run through? (We've already beaten Borderlands and Transfromers: War for Cybertron.)

Get in touch. We'd be happy to work something out. This is for Northern Jersey. =)

Puddles

Banned
Excellent. My party just ended, and everybody seemed to be in high spirits. It was a pretty decently varied crowd. One dude was jamming on my guitar playing a lot of classic stuff, like The Doors and Beethoven...

Stop right there. Did you throw him out the door immediately? He was probably the reason there were only 12 people left by 1:20 am. If there's anything I've learned on this forum, it's that guitar dudes kill parties and must be cut down without mercy or hesitation.

Stop right there. Did you throw him out the door immediately? He was probably the reason there were only 12 people left by 1:20 am. If there's anything I've learned on this forum, it's that guitar dudes kill parties and must be cut down without mercy or hesitation.

Ha! He started playing around 3pm the following day.

Hey there. Can't sleep, as usual for Monday, morning, which hopefully won't wreak havok on my midterm skills tonight.

After that nightmare is over, I'll essentially have three days to make a shirt out of Apples to Apples cards then construct a bunch of hoops for next weekend. Should be fun.

Chuckie

Thanks for the info. I don't think I will. My wii is not connected to the internet and I have no credit for the VC :p

How much does it cost on VC?

Chuckie

That's not too expensive.

I am dreading to play that game again though. The time factor got me the first time I played it. I must find some awesome technique to play and finish that game perfectly... without getting annoyed having to do it over and over and over again.

That's not too expensive.

I am dreading to play that game again though. The time factor got me the first time I played it. I must find some awesome technique to play and finish that game perfectly... without getting annoyed having to do it over and over and over again.
The Inverted/Double Song of Time is your best friend. I've got that game's sidequests nearly down to a science now, but I was never really annoyed with the time aspect unless I slipped up while doing something, which typically happened during the Zora section of the game.

ScOULaris

Question for Real-GAF:

I have been participating in the GAF community for years now on the forum, but something strange happened to my account almost a month ago.

For the last four weeks, I have been unable to start threads or send PM's. For whatever reason, my PM maximum quota has been reduced to 50. If I presumably want to send a new PM, I would need to delete over 40 of my old PM's.

Because I couldn't PM any mods to ask why this has happened to my account, I went into a couple of my most frequented threads to ask others for help getting the mods' attention. One mod originally said that he would look into the PM issue (didn't mention looking into why I lost my tread creation privileges), but nothing ever came of it. When I posted in three other threads to ask for help, I ended up getting banned for "whining" about it.

So I was banned for two weeks, and now that I am back I still can't start threads or send PM's.

Has anybody ever heard of this happening? It's kind of like being Junior'ed in that I can't start threads anymore, but why the 50 PM limit? I just don't understand it, and whenever I try to reach out to mods for an answer I'm treated with cold indifference.

Question for Real-GAF:

I have been participating in the GAF community for years now on the forum, but something strange happened to my account almost a month ago.

For the last four weeks, I have been unable to start threads or send PM's. For whatever reason, my PM maximum quota has been reduced to 50. If I presumably want to send a new PM, I would need to delete over 40 of my old PM's.

Because I couldn't PM any mods to ask why this has happened to my account, I went into a couple of my most frequented threads to ask others for help getting the mods' attention. One mod originally said that he would look into the PM issue (didn't mention looking into why I lost my tread creation privileges), but nothing ever came of it. When I posted in three other threads to ask for help, I ended up getting banned for "whining" about it.

So I was banned for two weeks, and now that I am back I still can't start threads or send PM's.

Has anybody ever heard of this happening? It's kind of like being Junior'ed in that I can't start threads anymore, but why the 50 PM limit? I just don't understand it, and whenever I try to reach out to mods for an answer I'm treated with cold indifference.

It sure sounds like you got junior'd, but you still have your tag, so I don't know.

ScOULaris

Poor ScOULaris :(

Usually if you get banned from thread making it changes your tag to junior no? Can you delete all your PMs and try again?

Yes, usually getting Junior'ed results in a tag change as well. For some reason, I'm doubtful that this was intentionally done to me. It just happened out of nowhere one day, and I hadn't done anything even remotely bannable or made any stupid threads recently at all.

Deleting all of my PM's might allow me to send PM's again, but it probably wouldn't solve my thread-starting problem. That being said, deleting my PM's is a last resort. I have a lot of PM's that I'd like to keep around because they contain links or conversations that I might need to refer to later.

It sure sounds like you got junior'd, but you still have your tag, so I don't know.

Does getting Junior'ed drop your PM limit to 50?

leadbelly

Banned
Yeah seems weird. The part that must be really frustrating is it hasn't been explained to you. I suppose it would be easier to accept if you knew what exactly you had done wrong.

I've not been in this situation, so I can't help you.

Yes, usually getting Junior'ed results in a tag change as well. For some reason, I'm doubtful that this was intentionally done to me. It just happened out of nowhere one day, and I hadn't done anything even remotely bannable or made any stupid threads recently at all.

Deleting all of my PM's might allow me to send PM's again, but it probably wouldn't solve my thread-starting problem. That being said, deleting my PM's is a last resort. I have a lot of PM's that I'd like to keep around because they contain links or conversations that I might need to refer to later.

Its not ideal, but copy-pasting them into a word file would at least allow you to send a mod a PM (they might take you more seriously then).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom